- Early cheer goes up in smoke after earnings blitz @ CNBC - 3 minutes 42 seconds ago
Investors liked what they saw in Facebook and Apple's earnings, but Wall Street fell after a slew of earnings and data couldn't sustain the bounce.
- Wanted: Female gun instructors @ CNBC - 10 minutes ago
There is a growing market for female gun instructors, as the NRA looks to grow its list of 8,000 female instructors, according to a report.
- US bonds rise amid mixed US data, earnings @ CNBC - 11 minutes ago
U.S. bonds fell slightly, sending yields higher after a mixed batch of corporate earnings and economic data left traders uncertain of how to trade.
- Army recruits get older-What that says about jobs @ CNBC - 13 minutes ago
Army recruits are getting older, with fewer going straight from high school to boot camp, The Fiscal Times reports.
- Can Wall St remain the world's financial capital? @ CNBC - 20 minutes ago
Automated trading and government regulation are transforming the Wall Street ecosystem. Will these forces make the financial epicenter obsolete?
- US stocks mixed as Ukraine concerns offset Apple earnings @ CNBC - 21 minutes ago
U.S. stocks climbed Thursday with sentiment lifted by Apple's earnings and a better-than-expected durable-goods number.
- Cutting the confusion over reward program tiers @ CNBC - 33 minutes ago
Not sure where you stand in your favorite reward program? You're not alone. As more retailers add loyalty tiers, confusion abounds.
- Activist nominates 8 to Bob Evans board @ CNBC - 37 minutes ago
Hedge fund manager Tom Sandell has nominated a slate of eight directors to the board of Bob Evans Farms, the latest salvo in his activist campaign.
- [video] Faber Report: Proxy fight brewing at Bob Evans @ CNBC - 38 minutes ago
According to a source, Sandell Asset Management wants to nominate eight directors to Bob Evans' board, reports CNBC's David Faber. Also Faber has the latest details on Zimmer Holdings' bid for Biomet.
- [video] Pisani's market open: Tech stocks lead the way @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
CNBC's Bob Pisani looks ahead at what's likely to move in early morning trading, as earnings come flooding in.
- Europe shares turn lower on Ukraine worries; DAX drops 1% @ CNBC - 43 minutes ago
European shares turned lower on Thursday as Ukraine concerns returned to the market.
- Apple spikes on earnings beat, stock split @ CNBC - 49 minutes ago
Apple surged on better-than-expected earnings and a 7:1 stock split. Activist investor Carl Icahn said the company remains "undervalued."
- Dem donors meeting to push country to the left @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
Big-time givers like Tom Steyer and Jonathan Soros will gather in Chicago to figure out ways to push a progressive agenda.
- GM CFO: Huge recall charge 'overshadowing' results @ CNBC - 57 minutes ago
GM posted lower quarterly profit after its massive recall, but its earnings results still topped Wall Street expectations on strong pricing for its vehicles.
- [video] Cramer's Mad Dash: Transports on fire @ CNBC - 58 minutes ago
Jim Cramer explains what to watch ahead of the open, including American Airlines.
- [video] CAT story about US construction: Cramer @ CNBC - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Despite a slowdown in CAT's mining equipment business, CNBC's Jim Cramer says U.S. construction is back big, as he breaks down Caterpillar's Q1 earnings that exceeded the Street's forecast.
- Deepak Chopra's guide to thinking rich @ CNBC - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Deepak Chopra offers three strategies that can help you visualize your financial dreams and turn them into reality.
- [video] Confusion over GM earnings @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
General Motors is reporting Q1 EPS of $0.29 ex-items on revenue of $37.4 billion, with CNBC's Phil LeBeau.
- [video] Cramer: Facebook is a monster @ CNBC - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
"Squawk on the Street" news team discuss Facebook's first quarter profits and mobile ad strategy. "They have not even begun to monetize Instagram," Cramer says.
- Cat CEO: Earnings beat on better US, China growth @ CNBC - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Caterpillar raised its full-year outlook on a stronger-than-expected rebound in sales to the construction industry.
- [video] Cramer: Apple takes back leadership @ CNBC - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
The "Squawk on the Street" news team discuss Apple's 7-for-1 stock split, 8% dividend boost and a $30 billion increase in its share buyback program. Cramer says this is all about Apple growing ...
- [video] Little Squawkers' dream jobs @ CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Austan Goolsbee, 32 Advisors strategic partner, shares his thoughts on what the U.S. workplace will look like in the future. Get some education, Goolsbee stresses. And the "Little Squawkers," ...
- Stop it! Tim Cook is NOT failing on innovation @ CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Michael Yoshikami is no Apple fanboy but he thinks the company's innovation pipeline did not die with Steve Jobs and it's ridiculous to say otherwise.
- [video] Cramer's stocks to watch: CAT @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Today CNBC's Jim Cramer explains why he wishes his travel trust owned shares of Caterpillar, and shares his thoughts on the government's inability to create jobs.
- Pay hikes 'hardest decision': Barclays chairman CNBC - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
- [video] The future of Wall Street @ CNBC - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
CNBC's Kayla Tausche takes a look ahead at what the future of finance may look like in twenty-five years.
- Alstom shares rocket as it denies GE takeover talk @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
French turbine and train maker Alstom has moved to quash rumors that the company is in talks with General Electric (GE) about a possible takeover.
- [video] March durable goods up 2.6%; jobless claims 329,000 @ CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli has the latest data on unemployment and consumer spending.
- [video] NYC losing cachet as world financial capital? @ CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
CNBC's Jeff Cox discusses the future of Wall Street as well as whether or not New York will remain the financial capital of the world.
- 3M earnings narrowly miss, sending stock lower @ CNBC - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
3M posted earnings of $1.79 a share on Thursday, a penny lower than expectations.
- [video] Facebook is an ad sales company: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Daniel Ernst, Hudson Square Research, weighs in on the departure of Facebook's CFO and the company's evolving identity.
- Wall Street seen higher after Apple, durable goods @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
U.S. stock index futures pushed higher on Thursday, with investors focusing on a torrent of blue-chip companies reporting quarterly results.
- [video] What really matters is Apple's new products: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
Daniel Ernst, Hudson Square Research, provides perspective on Apple's earnings and growth potential. Apple is really innovating but they haven't done it in three years, Ernst says.
- Early movers: GM, CAT, AMZN, UPS, AAPL, FB & more CNBC - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
- Equities have 20% upside left this year: Strategist @ CNBC - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Ian Harnett, a European analyst at Absolute Strategy Research, believes stocks will rally another 20 percent in 2014.
- [video] CAT CEO: Global outlook a mixed bag @ CNBC - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
Doug Oberhelman, Caterpillar chairman & CEO, digs deep into the company's first quarter results and shares his outlook on global sales. CAT reported EPS of $1.44 on revenues of $13.24 billion, beating ...
- Independent Scotland risks Iceland-style crisis: S&P @ CNBC - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
If an independent Scotland gets voted in later this year, Scottish banks could be at risk of an Iceland-style collapse, a ratings agency has warned.
- UPS earnings fall short of estimates @ CNBC - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
United Parcel Service delivered quarterly earnings fell short of analysts' expectations on Thursday.
- EU corruption risk rises as 'blind spots' exposed @ CNBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Behind-the-scenes decision-making and conflicts of interest are increasing the risk of corruption in the European Union's (EU) institutions, according to a report.
- Japanese shares fall on TPP disappointment; earnings in focus @ CNBC - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Japanese shares fell 1 percent on Thursday as investors were disappointed with the lack of a Trans-Pacific Partnership deal.
- [video] PNC Financial CEO: We're a Main Street bank @ CNBC - 2 hours 39 minutes ago
William Demchak, chairman, president & CEO of PNC Financial Services, shares his thoughts on banking reform and small business lending.
- [video] What's Apple doing with all its money?: Goolsbee @ CNBC - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
I think this is going to be the corporate story of the year, says Austan Goolsbee, 32 Advisors strategic partner, discussing how the tech giant is likely to spend its cash.
- [video] GM's Q1 earnings beat the Street @ CNBC - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
CNBC's Phil LeBeau breaks down the automaker's quarterly numbers of $0.06 EPS ex-items on revenues of $37.4 billion versus estimates of $38.40 billion.
- [video] Goolsbee: US corporate tax system messed up @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Austan Goolsbee, 32 Advisors strategic partner, discusses whether U.S. tax policy is prompting the recent spate of M&A activity in big corporations.
- Zimmer Holdings to combine with Biomet in deal valued at $13.35B @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
This story is developing. Please check back for further updates. Click here for the latest on the markets.
- [video] Eli Lilly finds areas of strength: CFO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Derica Rice, Eli Lilly CFO, reveals where Eli Lilly is finding areas of growth which include animal health, oncology, diabetes, and neuroscience.
- Europe's blue-chips warn on euro strength CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] CNBC 25: Carlos Slim @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Billionaire Carlos Slim is on the roster of CNBC's top 25 most influential people list. CNBC's news team takes a look at how Slim built his empire.
- [video] FDA proposes e-cigarette regulations @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The FDA is considering new rules for e-cigarettes that are similar to those that currently govern tobacco products, reports NBC's Tom Costello.
- [video] Kids' 'Squawk Planner' @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Becky Quick and the "Little Squawkers," take a look at today's top business stories to watch.