- Asia shares end lower in subdued trade; Ukraine fears weigh @ CNBC - 54 minutes ago
Asian shares fell on Monday with the absence of a lead from Wall Street last week due to the Easter holidays.
- What is your Alibaba market call? @ CNBC - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Ahead of Alibaba's debut, tell us what your market call on the Chinese company is.
- After MH370, Malaysia Airlines under scrutiny @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
A safety incident involving a Malaysia Airlines jet on Monday may highlight sensitivity towards airplane incidents, analysts say.
- Volkswagen CEO: Russia business falling short @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
German car maker Volkswagen's business is falling short of expectations in Russia, its CEO told CNBC at the Auto China show on Sunday.
- 'Fix this, and we can fix shadow banking': Minsheng exec @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Making loans for China's smaller businesses more available would likely resolve the shadow banking hobbling the financial system, Minsheng Banking's vice chairman said.
- 'Fix this, and we can fix shadow banking': China Minsheng CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] Why this expert still prefers DMs over EMs @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Simon Grose-hodge, Head of Investment Advisory, South Asia at LGT Bank Singapore, remains overweight on developed markets as the U.S. and Europe are showing signs of recovery.
- The secret behind Ford's success in China CNBC - 4 hours ago
- [video] UBS: Expect no surprises for US earnings @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
While expecting U.S. firms to post a 8 percent growth for 2014, Kelvin Tay, MD & Regional CIO for Southern APAC at UBS Wealth Management, says the frigid winter could have impacted first-quarter earnings....
- A strong euro requires different policy mix @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Tight money would be an inappropriate policy stance for the euro area which continues to struggle with a weak and uncertain economic recovery.
- [video] See dollar-yen at 110 in long-term: Macquarie @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
David Forrester, Senior Vice President, G10 FX Strategy at Macquarie, expects the Bank of Japan to unleash more stimulus ahead, which will spur further yen weakness.
- Ukraine peace deal under threat after gun attack @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
A gun attack in east Ukraine at the weekend threatens to derail a peace deal to prevent a broader conflict in the region, analysts say.
- [video] China-made vehicles have high quality: IHS @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
James Chao, Director, Asia Pacific at IHS Automotive Consulting, addresses concerns surrounding the quality of vehicles made in China.
- [video] Agriculture is 'a drag on Japan': Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Frank Lavin, CEO at Export Now, discusses the issue of agriculture and auto subsidies between Japan and the U.S. amid negotiations of the Trans-pacific Partnership (TPP).
- [video] Boh Plantations: What's unique about Malaysian tea @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Caroline Russell, CEO of Boh Plantations, speaks to CNBC's Julia Wood about the company's focus on maintaining dominance in its home market of Malaysia.
- [video] GM: 'Huge opportunity' for Cadillac in China @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Speaking to CNBC at the Beijing Auto Show on Sunday, Dan Ammann, President of General Motors, discusses which part of the car market he is most excited about.
- Recalls have not hurt our China business: GM President CNBC - 6 hours ago
- [video] Expect upside surprises in US earnings: Pro @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Hans Goetti, Head of Investment Asia at Banque Internationale a Luxembourg, says low expectations for U.S. earnings could result in better-than-expected results.
- [video] WGC: Beijing's gold imports is a sign of reform @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Albert Cheng, Managing Director, Far East at the World Gold Council, describes the benefits of China's decision to allow gold imports via Beijing.
- [video] Volkswagen: Pushing for electrification in China @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
As the Beijing Auto Show kicks off on Monday, Martin Winterkorn, Chairman and CEO at Volkswagen, says plug-in hybrids will dominate its lineup in China for alternative energy cars.
- [video] US dollar to see gains this week: Maybank @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Saktiandi Supaat, Head of Global FX Strategy at Maybank, expects U.S. durable goods data and corporate earnings to provide support for the greenback this week.
- [video] Ford bets big on China's luxury market @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Alan Mulally, CEO of Ford, tells CNBC's Eunice Yoon how the automaker is catching up in China with the debut of its Lincoln brand this year.
- [video] China Minsheng: How we're solving shadow banking issue @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
At the China Entrepreneur Club's annual summit, Liu Yonghao, Vice Chairman at China Minsheng Banking and Chairman of New Hope Group describes how banks can help small firms get loans.
- Asia on Japan, China data watch this week @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
A preliminary reading of Chinese factory activity and Japanese economic data are expected to set the tone for trading in Asia this week.
- Japan's export growth slows sharply in March @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Japan's exports rose 1.8 percent in March from a year earlier, well below analyst expectations in a Reuters poll for a rise of 6.3 percent, data on Monday showed.
- [video] Weak yen failed to boost exports: Economist @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Richard Jerram, Chief Economist at the Bank of Singapore, explains the factors that led Japan to post a disappointing 1.8 percent annual rise in March exports.
- [video] Ukrainian PM: Truce deal depends on Russia @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Speaking to NBC's Meet the Press, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine, discusses what needs to be done to calm the violence in eastern Ukraine.
- [video] Why did Weibo trim the number of its shares? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Francis Gaskins, Director of Research at Equities.com, says Weibo's decision to cut the size of its initial public offering may have been attributed to a 5 percent drop in revenue for the March quarter....
- Corporate high-flyers hang up their suits @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
The corporate suite isn't a typical entrepreneurial breeding ground, but some executives find reasons to strike out on their own after climbing the ladder.
- 10 technologies with a conscience @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
In this slideshow, we bring you 10 innovative technologies that cater to the world's lowest income-level group.
- [video] China is the 'macro risk' this week: Economist @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
While U.S. earnings remain an important market mover, Richard Jerram, Chief Economist at the Bank of Singapore, says attention will be on China's HSBC flash purchasing managers' index.
- [video] Services, not manufacturing, is key for China: ANZ @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Tim Riddell, Head of Global Markets Research, Asia, at ANZ, says the services sector remains critical in China as it transitions to a consumer-driven economy.
- [video] Luxury cars grab spotlight at Beijing auto show @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
While there's plenty of buzz about hybrid and compact cars at the Beijing auto show, CNBC's Kaori Enjoji reports that it's really the big luxury cars that are in the spotlight.
- [video] Markets to focus on revenue growth: Pro @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Michael Gayed, Chief Investment Strategist at Pension Partners, says markets will be looking at the revenue potential of U.S. firms, instead of earnings growth.
- Here's what will drive stocks this week @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
About 150 S&P 500 companies are scheduled to release results this week, in an earnings season that has been so far mediocre
- What earnings will tell us about the economy @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Is the US economy really picking up steam? This week's earnings could provide a clue.
- New York orders Ford to clean toxic dump site @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
The $7.5 million cleanup would be the second at the site in Ramapo, N.Y. Residents in a neighborhood in Ringwood, N.J., want federal officials to follow New York State's lead.
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
A Malaysia Airlines flight suffered a landing gear malfunction Sunday night as it left the international airport Kuala Lumpur, and made an emergency landing back at the airport shortly before 2 a.m. local ...
- A Portland hotel hooks up to the tiny houses trend @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
The environmentally-friendly alternative housing movement is expanding to the hotel industry.
- Twitter accounts critical of Turkish officials blocked @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
Two anonymous Twitter accounts used to release conversations implicating family of Turkey's prime minister in a corruption scandal appeared to have been blocked.
- Echoes of Betamax as Supreme Court hears Aereo TV case @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Tuesday will not be the first time the court's nine justices will have the final say over the fate of a new TV viewing technology.
- Pfizer considers $100B bid for AstraZeneca: report @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has approached British rival AstraZeneca to propose a 60 billion pound takeover, Britain's Sunday Times reported.
- Why bitcoin needs a marketing campaign CNBC - 18 hours ago
- After grief, new widows must reevaluate finances @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
Moving past grief into growth, new widows must take charge of their finances, updating their own estates and making decisions better suited to their new status.
- 'We're not Amsterdam': Is Colorado pot tourism a myth? CNBC - 22 hours ago
- Dream vacation investment strategy @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 5:59 PM EDT
With the right investment strategy, you can go on that once-in-a-lifetime adventure to exotic places like the Galapagos Islands or Machu Picchu, Peru.
- These 13 states raked in $34B in gaming revenue CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
- Historically miserable earnings cycle may not matter @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Investors have been all but ignoring a fairly miserable earnings season as hopes proliferate that it's only a blip on the profit radar.
- Luxury rental market surging in metro New York @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
From Hell's Kitchen to Crown Heights, there's a luxury rental boom targeting the newest generation of workers moving to the Big Apple.
- Mt. Gox CEO won't answer questions in US @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 11:47 AM EDT
Mark Karpeles, the CEO of Mt. Gox, said he would not come to the US to answer questions about the Japanese bitcoin exchange's U.S. bankruptcy case