- Parents, legislators push back against Common Core @ CNBC - 30 minutes ago
The debate against Common Core is moving into the state legislatures, even as more parents plan to opt out of spring tests.
- Deals grab shoppers, but too early to call victory @ CNBC - 37 minutes ago
Crowds flocked to Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us locations around the U.S. to snatch up doorbuster deals.
- This Black Friday you can buy actual bull(bleep) @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
The makers of party game Cards Against Humanity have taken all items off their online store and replaced them with actual bull poop.
- Falling oil, jobs data may make Fed harder to read @ CNBC - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
The job market is showing improvement, but the plunge in oil prices has spurred more concerns about weak inflation.
- YouTube celebrities try a new gig: Selling stuff @ CNBC - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
This holiday season some YouTube creators who have millions of subscribers are teaming up with retailers to sell a slew of products.
- Stocks post second straight month of gains; Energy weighs @ CNBC - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
U.S. stocks closed mixed on Black Friday amid a slide in oil prices following OPEC's announcement that it would not cut its output.
- Cramer basics: Don't invest without these 3 things @ CNBC - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
Jim Cramer reveals three things that must be in place before you even think about investing.
- These stocks are winning on lower oil @ CNBC - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
Airlines are soaring on lower oil prices, but other stocks are also seeing big boosts after OPEC's decision not to cut rates.
- Best Buy's website suffers Black Friday outage @ CNBC - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
Best Buy's website was down on Friday morning, during one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
- Fed now expected to stay lower for a lot longer @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Remember when the Federal Reserve was going to raise rates next spring? Yeah, well that was fun while it lasted.
- Could oil collapse cause next credit crisis? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
It's not just the Saudis who could get much poorer from the oil collapse, we all could if it triggers a wave of high-yield debt defaults.
- This year's most popular consumer tech toys @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
As estimated 95 million Americans will shop on Black Friday, and they want consumer electronics in their carts.
- ... And these stocks are losing on lower oil @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Oil producer and driller stocks are falling after oil's dip, but other energy companies are also seeing their stocks drop.
- Europe pared losses to close flat after CPI data @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
European shares closed largely flat on Friday, although oil majors fell sharply after OPEC decided not to cut its output target.
- There's been an awakening: Star Wars trailer drops @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The 88-second trailer saw its global introduction on both Apple's iTunes and movie theaters.
- Fashion focus? Amazon to open huge London studio CNBC - 4 hours ago
- Small Business Saturday boosting business @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Small-business owners are gearing up for their version of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday.
- Data breaches now industrywide problem: Target CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
One year after Target's massive data breach and following more cyberattacks, shoppers realize hacking is an industrywide issue, said Brian Cornell.
- Getting an MBA may be cheaper than you think @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
If you are considering business school but worried about tuition, relax. The top 25 business schools award nearly $235 million yearly in grants.
- Stuck with T-Day leftovers? There's an app for that @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Want to avoid throwing away your Thanksgiving leftovers? Now, there's an app for that.
- Will the US give the Dutch their gold back? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Dennis Gartman has questioned whether the Dutch repatriation of their gold reserves will damage the U.S.'s reputation.
- Treasurys rise after OPEC announcement @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
U.S. sovereign bonds rose on Black Friday, with demand for "safe haven" assets boosted after OPEC's announcement.
- Most-requested gift this holiday isn't the smartest @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Cash may be the most-requested Christmas gift, but there are smarter ways to give financial assets.
- Cool gifts ideas for the techie in your life @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
As technology advances, the list of tech ideas gets longer. Trae Bodge, senior editor at RetailMeNot.com highlights a few of her favorites.
- Retail better prepared this Black Friday: Analyst @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Retailers are more primed this year to capture Black Friday dollars than in shopping seasons past, Dana Telsey said.
- US futures trade mostly lower in wake of OPEC @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
U.S. stock futures were trading mostly lower on Friday, after global markets were hit by OPEC's announcement that it would not cut its output.
- When to withdraw from a 401(k)-or just say no @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
There are several ways and reasons to tap retirement funds before age 59Â½, but advisors say loss of future gains might not be worth the cash today.
- Early Movers: XOM, HAL, DAL, GOOG, TM & more @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell.
- Call me maybe with these smart gloves @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Remember the phase, "talk to the hand," well now that may just be possible with these Bluetooth smart gloves.
- Why Black Friday is heaven for cybercriminals @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Black Friday and Cyber Monday could provide the perfect cover for cybercriminals, analysts warn.
- Canada's next energy target: Asia @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Leading figures from Canada's energy industry look at ways of becoming the main exporter of energy and environmental technology to Asia in 20 years.
- Global websites hacked by Syrian Electronic Army @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
A number of websites - including CNBC and other media organizations - were targeted by the Syrian Electronic Army on Thursday.
- Euro zone inflation dips; Italian jobless hits record @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Euro zone inflation fell again in November amid expectations that the European Central Bank (ECB) could try to bolster the region's economy by announcing further stimulus measures.
- Canada needs unified energy policy: industry chiefs @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Leaders in Canada's energy sector sent a renewed call for a unified national energy policy.
- Prague: Where China and Russia's 1% love to shop @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Some 25 years after the fall of communism, Prague has become a favorite shopping destination of Russian and Chinese rich.
- OPEC decision spells trouble for Russia @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
The decision by the OPEC to keep production at current levels in spite of falling oil prices means trouble for the Russian economy, analysts warn.
- Swiss gold vote nears amid '6,000-year bubble' warning @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
With Switzerland edging towards an important referendum on its gold holdings, high profile critics and advocates have added their voices to the argument.
- France paying for past mistakes: Economy Minister @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron has placed the blame for the sustained weakness in his country's economy with previous administrations.
- Asia stocks mixed on oil slump; Shanghai gains over 10% in November @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
Asian equity markets were mixed on Friday following weak economic data and as oil prices extended their slide.
- Pfizer deal would probably have failed: AZ CEO @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
Pfizer's attempt to gain control of U.K. pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca through a Â£69.4 billion ($110 billion) bid in May would have run aground on changes to U.S. tax inversion laws, the chief executive ...
- Why India markets will continue to break records @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
India markets have made a stunning recovery from last year's taper tantrum, with the Nifty index at record highs, and some analysts are calling the run up just the beginning.
- Will OPEC bankrupt US shale producers? @ CNBC - 17 hours ago
OPEC's contentious decision to keep its production target, leaving the market with a supply glut, could trigger a wave of debt defaults by U.S. shale oil producers, warn analysts.
- Japan industrial output above view in October @ CNBC - 20 hours ago
Japan's industrial production and retail sales figures exceeded expectations in October, signalling a tentative recovery in demand as businesses and consumers continue to adjust to the April sales-tax ...
- Japan's inflation rate at slowest in a year @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Japan's consumer inflation slowed in October raising skepticism over the Bank of Japan's (BOJ) ability to achieve its 2 percent inflation target.
- Is Asia's shining economic star losing its luster? @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
The Philippines, a shining star among Asia's emerging markets, saw its weakest gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in three years in the third quarter, raising questions about whether the economy's ...
- Uber on Nevada: '1,000 jobs just disappeared' @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 2:27 PM EST
Uber on Thursday heavily criticized a court decision that stopped its operations in Nevada and said it would not be giving up on the state.
- Oil falls as OPEC opts not to cut production @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 1:09 PM EST
The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided on Thursday not to cut oil production, despite sliding oil prices.
- Black Friday car sales explode in popularity @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 1:01 PM EST
Welcome to Black Friday, the fastest growing day for auto sales.
- Why living off the grid will be easier in 25 years @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 12:58 PM EST
As technology makes it easier for people to produce and store energy on-site, more people may say goodbye to their utility companies.
- Europe's bond yields slide on hopes of ECB QE @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 12:27 PM EST
Bond yields across Europe continued to slide Thursday as weak inflation data boosted hopes of a full-blown sovereign bond-buying program.