- Fed behind the curve, has too much clout: Survey @ CNBC - 54 minutes ago
The Fed is viewed as having too much influence on capital markets and is seen as behind the curve when it comes to interest rates, according to a new online Wall Street survey.
- [video] Bakken nat gas buildout 'flares' controversy @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Drillers in North Dakota only capture about 68 percent of the gas they find and burn off the rest, resulting in flaring. Now the rush is on to find ways to meet new regulations to curb the flaring, reports ...
- [video] Markets eye rates ahead of Jackson Hole @ CNBC - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Don Luskin, TrendMacro, and Dan Veru, Palisade Capital Management, share their views on when they expect to see interest rates rise and its likely impact on the markets.
- Revival time? China hungry for luxury Swiss watches @ CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Swiss watch exports to China saw a bumper 49 percent rise in July from the same time last year, industry figures show, a remarkable return to growth.
- [video] Meet 'Squawk Box Asia' @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
The "Squawk Box" crew meets fellow colleague Susan Li, "Squawk Box Asia" anchor. China is back, says Li, discussing the outlook on China.
- [video] Tale of two tech stocks @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Dan Morgan, Synovus Trust senior vice president compares the performance and outlook on tech giants Hewlett-Packard and Apple. HP is a work in process, and we're still buying Apple stock, says Morgan.
- [video] BofA reaches record settlement with DOJ @ CNBC - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
CNBC's Kate Kelly reports Bank of America will pay $9.6 billion in cash and provide consumer relief valued at $7 billion for its role in the sale of mortgage-backed securities before the 2008 financial ...
- US Treasurys slip; traders digest Fed minutes @ CNBC - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
U.S. bond prices moved lower on Thursday, as investors digested minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve, and looked ahead to the Jackson Hole symposium
- Oil hits 14-month low as bulls eye turnaround @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
The price of Brent crude hit a 14-month low on Thursday, but market analysts now believe that oil could find a floor and expect prices to stabilize.
- [video] 'Limited' upside for Hewlett Packard: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
David Pearl, executive vice president and co-CIO at Epoch Investments Partners, comments on Hewlett Packard's earnings and says the stock has "limited upside at best".
- Europe shares higher on PMI data; Ahold shares fall @ CNBC - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
European shares were higher in morning trade with investors focusing on central bank monetary policy and reacting to a slew of data from the euro zone.
- US investors look to Jackson Hole, Yellen's speech @ CNBC - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures indicated a higher open on Thursday, as the closely-watched Jackson Hole symposium of central bankers gets underway.
- [video] Nobel Prize Laureate on EU banking regulations @ CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Roger Myerson, professor of economics at teh University of Chicago and 2007 Nobel Prize Laureate, says Europe needs to "fundamentally" rethink its banking regulatory environment.
- [video] How to trade the dollar on 'split' FOMC @ CNBC - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Jens Nordvig, global head of foreign exchange strategy at Nomura, discusses the outlook for the U.S. dollar as the FOMC seems to be increasingly "split".
- [video] 'Completely new reaction' to Fed minutes: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Piers Curran, head of trading at Amplify Trading, explains how the reaction following the release of the latest FOMC minutes - which were "more hawkish than expected" - was "completely new"....
- UK retail sales growth muted as food sales dip @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
U.K. retail sales grew at a slower pace than expected in July after a fall in the amount spent on food for the first time in 25 years.
- [video] Is the Ebola economic impact 'overstated'? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Anna Rosenberg, associate practice leader for Sub-Saharan Africa at Frontier Strategy Group, discusses West Africa on the back of the Ebola outbreak and multinationals' strategies.
- Euro zone business activity slips, missing forecasts @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Business activity in the euro zone slipped in August, with growth in both the region's manufacturing and services sector slowing over the month.
- [video] Oil demand to increase towards year-end: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Harry Tchilinguirian, head of commodity markets strategy at BNP Paribas, says the oil price correction was due to expectations of oil disruptions over Iraq and Syria, which did not materialize
- [video] 'No real concern' for Dubai real estate: CEO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Sanjay Manchanda, CEO of Nakheel, discusses the group's debt restructuring following Dubai's 2008 debt crisis and comments on the Dubai real estate market.
- Nobel winner Hansen on 'stunningly sluggish' recovery @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Following Robert Shiller's warning on markets, a fellow Nobel Prize winner has said regulation is hindering already "stunningly sluggish" U.S. growth.
- [video] Will the ECB react to weak euro zone data? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Rob Dobson, senior economist at Markit and Tom Elliott, international investment strategist at DeVere Group, comment on the latest euro zone data and whether it will prompt the ECB to take further action....
- [video] Are mobile users feeling app fatigue? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Nick Green, founder of Tripr, Philip Carnelley, director of research at IDC Europe, discuss whether the app market is too saturated and how long new apps can survive.
- Asian equities mixed on weak China flash PMI; Jackson Hole eyed @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Asian stocks traded mixed on Thursday, with Chinese shares significantly lower after a lower-than-expected preliminary reading of mainland manufacturing activity.
- [video] How big a threat is a gas outage to Europe? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Rachel Ziemba, director at Roubini Global Economics, discusses the possibility of gas outages in Europe and what impact this would have.
- We need Russian influence: Ukrainian minister @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The Ukrainian government needs "Russian influence" to deal with the problems within its borders, one of its most senior members said.
- [video] 'Long-term impact' if Scotland leaves UK: CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Tony Durrant, CEO of Premier Oil, says there will be a "long-term impact" if Scotland becomes independent.
- [video] Europe shares open higher; PMIs ahead @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
European shares opened higher on Thursday with investors focusing on central bank monetary policy and looking ahead to a slew of data due out for the euro zone.
- [video] Jump into mainland China shares: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Alan Miller, founding partner at SCM Private, says he has bought shares in mainland China as the market has a lot of "positives".
- [video] What property $500,000 will get you in Dubai... @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
CNBC's Yousef Gamal El-Din takes a look at what $500,000 can buy you in Dubai's property market.
- [video] US recovery 'stunningly sluggish: Nobel Laureate @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Lars Peter Hansen, professor of economics at the University of Chicago and 2013 Nobel Prize Laureate, says the U.S. economic recovery has been "stunningly sluggish".
- China bitcoin firms warn New York on regulation @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Three of the biggest bitcoin exchanges in China teamed up on Thursday to release a joint letter addressed to New York regulators.
- [video] Dubai property market relies on 'speculation': Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Nick Maclean, managing director of CBRE Middle East, says the Dubai property market relies on speculation but the government is introducing policies to control this.
- [video] Ukraine Foreign Min on battle against separatists @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Ukraine's Minister of Foreign Affairs Pavlo Klimkin, says Russian support is allowing the separatists to continue to hold the ground.
- [video] Stagnant wages in US 'concern us': Ahold CEO @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Dick Boer, CEO of Ahold, says a lack of wage growth in the U.S. and continued unemployment is hitting the company's margins.
- [video] UK recovery 'more unbalanced' than US: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Edmund Shing, global equity portfolio manager at BCS Financial Group, says the U.K. economic recovery is "so dependent" on the property market.
- [video] The rise of the Islamic state @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Fighters from around the world have traveled to join the Islamic State. NBC's Richard Engel reports on the rise of the group that has caused havoc in the Middle East.
- How to deal with Jackson Hole 'rate rage' @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Despite last year's "taper tantrum", investors shouldn't concentrate too heavily on any "rate rage" ensuing from hawkish at Jackson Hole.
- Singaporeans among most sleep deprived worldwide CNBC - 6 hours ago
- [video] 'Bang for your buck' in euro/dollar: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Michael Sneyd, FX analyst at BNP Paribas, says euro/dollar is a more attractive trade than cable as the Bank of England and Federal Reserve are both taking a hawkish stance.
- [video] Why Indian stocks won't see a 10% correction @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Nitin Jain, CEO, Capital Markets, Edelweiss, says a 10 percent pullback is a "pessimistic" call as there are still many investors on the sidelines who are keen to buy into the Indian market.
- [video] These factors boosted ASX FY earnings @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Elmer Funke Kupper, CEO at ASX, says growth across the board lifted its annual profit. He also outlines the strengths of the stock operator in the initial public offering market.
- [video] Is there a need for more PBOC easing? @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Liu Li Gang, Chief Economist, Greater China at ANZ, says the poor HSBC China flash PMI for August suggests a need for further easing from the People's Bank of China.
- [video] Downside ahead for European equities @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Willem Nabarro, Head of European Equities for Asia at Exane-BNP Paribas, outlines the factors that will likely contribute to a downturn in European stock markets moving ahead.
- [video] Why CSLA has a buy rating on Treasury Wine @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
David Thomas, Head of Australian Consumer Research at CLSA, explains why he still likes Treasury Wine Estates, despite a 20 percent fall in the wine-making firm's annual net profit.
- [video] Despite volatility, still like Russian stocks: Pro @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Karine Hirn, Founding Partner at East Capital, says high dividend yields and the presence of firms' with strong growth potential, make Russian markets a sweet spot for long term investments.
- [video] Aussie dollar to see limited upside ahead: Barclays @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Hamish Pepper, Forex Strategist, Asia Pacific at Barclays, says a fragile recovery in China and a stronger U.S. dollar ahead will cap gains in the Australian currency.
- [video] Outlook for China will improve in Q4: StanChart @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Erwin Sanft, MD and Head of China & HK Equity Research at Standard Chartered, explains why Chinese economic data are poised for a pickup in the fourth quarter.
- [video] Expect a hawkish Yellen at Jackson Hole: Pro @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Scott Nations, Chief Investment Officer & President at NationsShares, explains why Fed chair Janet Yellen will likely start "setting the table for rate hikes" at the annual Jackson Hole Symposium....
- [video] Bernie Lo joins Ice Bucket Challenge @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
CNBC's Bernard Lo accepts the challenge from fellow anchor Kelly Evans and takes on the "Ice Bucket Challenge."