- Euro zone inflation falls again amid deflation fears @ CNBC - 10 minutes ago
Euro zone inflation fell more than expected in July, according to new figures released on Thursday, sparking renewed fears of deflation.
- Asia stocks mixed on profit-taking; Samsung falls nearly 4% @ CNBC - 11 minutes ago
Asian equities were mixed on Thursday as profit-taking overshadowed robust U.S. economic data overnight.
- Adidas shares plunge 14% after Russia warning @ CNBC - 21 minutes ago
Adidas shares tanked more than 14 percent after it cut its profit targets for 2014, warning "tensions" in Russia would hit its bottom line.
- US bonds higher with jobless data in focus @ CNBC - 46 minutes ago
U.S. bonds rose on Thursday, partially recovering after Wednesday's strong GDP read piqued fears of a forthcoming rise in interest rates.
- Shares in Portugal's troubled bank tank 50% @ CNBC - 5 minutes ago
Shares in troubled Portuguese lender Banco Espirito Santo slumped 50 percent on Thursday, after trading in the stock resumed following poor results.
- [video] Argentina: There could be a ripple effect @ CNBC - 52 minutes ago
James Rickards, chief global strategist at West Shore Funds and author of 'The Death of Money', says it's too early to say whether Argentina's default will be contained.
- Europe stocks lower; inflation data misses; Shell bounces 3% @ CNBC - 56 minutes ago
European shares were lower in morning trade with investors reacting to quarterly earnings and some disappointing data from the euro zone.
- Earnings, weekly jobless data eyed on Wall Street @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
U.S. stock-index futures ticked lower on Thursday, as investors awaited a blast of earnings and the usual weekly jobless figures.
- [video] Sanctions unlikely to impact Safran: CFO @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Ross McInnes, CFO at Safran, discusses the group's latest results and the potential impact of Russian sanctions. He also highlights that the company is providing the engines for three new short-haul aircrafts....
- [video] Inflation: US/Europe divergence 'pretty clear' @ CNBC - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Daniel Tenengauzer, head of emerging markets and global foreign exchange strategy at RBC, comments on the euro zone inflation data and says the divergence between U.S. data and European data is clear.
- [video] Why the Ebola outbreak spread so fast @ CNBC - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Gregory Hartl, at the World Health Organisation, discusses the Ebola virus outbreak, saying health care organizations in Western Africa are under-resourced. He also discusses the risk for developed nations....
- [video] Continental 'outgrowing its market': CFO @ CNBC - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
Wolfgang Schaefer, CFO at Continental AG, comments on the company's results and outlook, and discusses the impact the strong euro has had on the group's profitability.
- [video] Sony in the early days of recovery: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
Pelham Smithers, managing director at Pelham Smithers Associates, comments on Sony and Toshiba following their results, and says Sony seems to be in the early days of a "genuine recovery".
- [video] Argentina's default to impact other markets? @ CNBC - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Robert Capurro, CEO of Canning House, discusses how Argentina's default could impact the local economy and says there could be a ripple effect to other Latin American markets.
- [video] Default 'final hurdle' for Argentina to raise money: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
David Rees, emerging market economist at Capital Economics, says Argentina's technical default is the "final hurdle" preventing the country tapping the markets to raise money.
- Shell's second-quarter earnings more-than-double @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell posted a healthy jump in quarterly earnings, as its newly-installed CEO works to cut costs and streamline projects.
- [video] Italian stocks to see 20% rise: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Francesco Filia, CEO and CIO at Fasanara Capital, says Italian equities have a 20 percent upside over the next six months.
- [video] Europe stocks open mixed; Shell shares bounce 2.5% @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
European and U.K. stocks opened mixed on Thursday, with another blast of quarterly earnings from big-name companies in gear. and after news that Argentina has entered its second default in 13 years.
- BNP Paribas posts $5.7B loss after record US fine @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
BNP Paribas' results were hit by a record U.S. fine in July, which helped tip the bank to a $5.76 billion loss in the second quarter.
- [video] BNP Paribas has 'confidence' after US fines @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Lars Machenil, CFO of BNP Paribas, says the support from clients has given the bank "confidence" that it can continue operating.
- Target taps PepsiCo executive as new CEO: WSJ @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Target has tapped PepsiCo executive Brian Cornell as its new chief executive, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- [video] Generali CEO on geopolitics, trade with Russia @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Mario Greco, CEO of Generali, says geopolitical tensions make "subdued" economies worse.
- AstraZeneca hikes forecasts amid Pfizer bid fallout @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
AstraZeneca claimed to have "one of the most exciting pipelines" in the pharmaceutical industry, as it reported a second-quarter revenue rise.
- [video] We are here to stay: Alcatel Lucent CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Michel Combes, CEO of Alcatel Lucent, says he expects to "win" in the tough telecoms market.
- Sony posts fiscal Q1 net profit of 26.8 billion yen @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Sony posted a net profit of 26.8 billion yen for the three months ending June 30, the firm said on Thursday, up from 3.1 billion yen profit reported in the same quarter the year before. The Japanese tech giant is expecting a net loss of 500 billion yen for the current fiscal year ending next March. Sony also cut its smartphone …
- [video] Diageo will focus on EMs despite China hit: CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Ivan Menezes, CEO of Diageo, says despite weakness in China, the drinks company will continue to focus on the emerging markets.
- [video] EMs facing 'short-term' problems: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Stephen King, chief global economist at HSBC, says that emerging markets are facing "short-term" balance of payment problems, but have long-term strength.
- [video] German housing 'sweet spot': Deutsche Annington CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Rolf Buch, CEO of Deutsche Annington, says the German housing market is in a "sweet spot".
- [video] 'Early signs' of European recovery: Randstad CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Jacques van den Broek, CEO of Randstad, says the company is seeing "early signs" of recovery in Europe.
- Credit Suisse in US lawsuit over high-frequency trading @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Credit Suisse says it is cooperating with authorities over its alternative trading systems - or "dark pools" - after being named a defendant in U.S. lawsuits.
- [video] Vallourec facing 'headwinds' in Brazil: CFO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Olivier Mallet, CFO of Vallourec, says the steel pipe maker is facing "headwinds" in Brazil but defends the company's exposure to the emerging markets.
- [video] We are doing the 'right things': Generali CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Mario Greco, CEO of Generali, says the company's rise in second quarter operating profit shows it is doing the "right things".
- Argentina defaults and its stocks ...rise? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Usually a sovereign default is negative for a country's markets, but Argentina's markets have rallied to 20-year highs despite the overhanging threat.
- [video] Don't blame cheap money for US GDP boost: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Kully Samra, U.K. managing director of Charles Schwab, says the strong U.S. second quarter GDP shows the strength of the underlying economy and cannot be blamed on "cheap money".
- [video] BNP Paribas CFO on 'regret' for $9B fine @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Lars Machenil, CFO of BNP Paribas, says he "regrets" what happened when the bank was fined $8.95 billion for breaking U.S. sanctions dealing with Sudan, Cuba and Iran.
- [video] What to watch out for Sony, Panasonic Q1 results @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Manoj Menon, Partner & MD at Frost and Sullivan, discusses his expectations for Sony and Panasonic which are due to release their first quarter earnings on late Thursday.
- [video] Expect 240,000 US jobs for June: OCBC @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Ahead of Friday's U.S. nonfarm payrolls, Selena Ling, Head, Treasury Research & Strategy at OCBC Bank, gives her estimates for the number of jobs that the U.S. added to its economy in June.
- Why are market bulls sticking by Samsung? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
An ugly earnings report from Samsung Electronics prompted a 3 percent drop in its shares on Thursday, but that hasn't deterred market bulls who seem unfazed by the weakening mobile division at the South ...
- Argentina defaults for second time in 13 years @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Argentina failed to strike a deal to avert its second default in more than 12 years after talks with holdout creditors ended without a settlement on Wednesday.
- [video] Tracking the impact of Argentina's debt default @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Jim Rickards, Senior Managing Director at Tangent Capital, discusses whether Argentina's second default on its sovereign debt will have a contagion effect on global financial markets.
- [video] What makes the BMW i3 different? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Sergio Solero, Managing Director at BMW Group Asia, says its i3 cars are "born green" which means they are designed and produced with green materials right from the start.
- [video] CNBC hits the road with the BMW i3 @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
CNBC's Martin Soong goes for a ride in the BMW i3 - the German carmaker's first electric car - which was named "2014 World Green Car of the Year."
- [video] Here's the bright side to Nintendo's poor Q1 results @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
While it failed to reverse losses, the "Mario Kart 8" video game, which was Nintendo's only product in the first quarter, did better than expectations, says David Cole, Founder & CEO at DFC Intelligence....
- [video] DBS: We have a hold rating on Singapore Airlines @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Paul Yong, Vice President, Equity Research at DBS, says the weak profitability of Singapore Airlines will impact the returns of its shares for the next 1 to 2 years.
- [video] Why the robust US Q2 GDP isn't sustainable @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Seasonal factors like strong auto sales, that have given the U.S. second quarter GDP a boost will not occur in the third quarter, says Martin Lakos, Division Director at Macquarie Private Wealth.
- [video] Samsung profits to stay under pressure: Pro @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Mehdi Hosseini, Senior VP of Semiconductors at Susquehanna Financial Group, says pricing pressure will weigh on Samsung's margins going forward.
- [video] Former governor: Fed is right on target @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
With key indicators like inflation and employment on their way to meet the Fed's expectations, it may be time to normalize interest rates, says Robert Heller, Former Federal Reserve Governor.
- [video] IMF: China must speed up reforms @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Markus Rodlauer, Deputy Asia-Pacific Director at the IMF, says China's credit risk is still on the rise and warns that Beijing needs to speed up reforms in order not to compromise growth.
- [video] Airline insurers brace for expensive year @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Franklin Bass, President of the Aviation Insurance Association, says insurance claims related to recent plane tragedies will exceed $1 billion this year.
- [video] What Samsung needs to work on @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Nam Hyung Kim, Managing Director at Arete Research Asia, says Samsung needs to be more aggressive in pricing in order to expand its market share in emerging markets.