- 'When She Makes More' looks at female breadwinners CreditCards.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 8:15 AM EDT
Author Farnoosh Torabi plumbs the emotional and financial complexities that pop up when women out-earn their male counterparts
- Foreign boyfriend's check-cashing request sounds like fraud CreditCards.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
The Internet has created an industry of romantic swindlers whose sole purpose is to rob you by making you think with your misplaced heart
- Bankers predict an increase in credit-line requests CreditCards.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
A poll of risk managers at banks in the United States and Canada shows most believe credit-line increase requests will rise in 2014
- Wal-Mart store card switch gives consumers reason to compare CreditCards.com - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
If you're a Wal-Mart or Sam's Club co-branded credit card holder, you're about to get a new credit card -- and with it comes a new reason to check up on the benefits of holding a co-branded card.
- Debt settlement vs. bankruptcy: Which damages credit score worse? CreditCards.com - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Debt settlement means the creditor gets at least something back, so it damages credit scores less than bankruptcy, which wipes out debt
- Rate survey: Portfolio shift brings down average APR CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
April 16, 2014: Average rates on new credit card offers dipped this week because of a change in the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report
- YOLO: When is it OK to splurge? CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
You max out your 401(k), never carry a card balance and have an emergency fund. When is it OK to blow the budget on a you-only-live-once moment?
- How to perform a credit transfusion on your spouse CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
It's a tricky and dangerous procedure, but it's possible: The spouse with good credit can absorb the bad-credit person's debt by balance transfer
- Learn the reward points double-transfer trick CreditCards.com - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
You may know your rewards program has transfer partners that let you shift points. But your partner partners have partners, too, so you can double-transfer to get the program you really want -- though ...
- Accepting credit card orders by phone: a new-business owner's guide CreditCards.com - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
For a new restaurant owner concerned about accepting credit cards for call-in orders, a merchant processing account may not be the best thing -- at least not in the beginning
- Lowering your interest rate: HELOC vs. 0% credit card CreditCards.com - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Transferring credit card debt to a lower-interest card or home equity line of credit may help you become debt free faster -- if you're careful
- Bank of America to refund $727 million in add-on fees CreditCards.com - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Bank of America becomes the fifth card-issuing bank to pay a hefty fine for over-hyping debt protection and credit monitoring services
- Got a medical card, but can't afford the procedure CreditCards.com - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
A dentist suggested financing a procedure with a medical card and then charged upfront; now the patient wants to cancel
- Rate survey: Credit card interest rates rise to 15.02 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
April 9, 2014: Average rates on new credit card offers ticked up this week, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report
- Ah, to be young and have a near-perfect credit score CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
A 23-year-old has a 772 FICO score and a $45,000 credit limit spread over four credit cards. Will another card move him closer to financial perfection?
- Paying your tax bill with prepaid cards CreditCards.com - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
Popular Vanilla Reloads are becoming harder to find, but credit card rewards seekers still have options to avoid hefty tax-payment card fees
- Secure, or not? Assess the risk before sending credit card info CreditCards.com - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
We asked Internet security experts to rate the common methods of sending credit card information to see which pose the greatest risks
- Card debt falls in February CreditCards.com - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Credit card users cut their balances sharply in February 2014, even as personal income rose, says the Federal Reserve's monthly consumer credit report
- Debt near the bottom of parents' financial concerns CreditCards.com - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
America's parents worry more about setting a good financial example for their kids than taking on too much debt, T. Rowe Price's 6th annual 'Parents, Kids and Money' survey shows
- How to build business credit separate from personal credit CreditCards.com - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 1:07 AM EDT
Building a credit record for your small business that's separate from your personal credit is a gradual process. You can take steps to get started while the business grows
- Pros and cons of becoming a first-time landlord CreditCards.com - Sun, Apr 6, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
If you're eyeing a property as a potential rental, do the math to see if it will make a profit, but also decide whether you want to do what a landlord does
- Author Steve Bucci: Take the slow, steady road to good credit CreditCards.com - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
"Credit Repair Kit for Dummies" author Steve Bucci says there's no magic wand to a quick credit fix nor is there a credit repair fairy
- Take care before giving a debt collector your bank account info CreditCards.com - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
In some cases, debt settlement may be the right option, but verify first that you owe the debt, and then dole out the dough yourself
- You don't have to wait for a zero-balance statement to avoid interest CreditCards.com - Thu, Apr 3, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Caution is good, but you don't have to wait for a zero-balance statement to use a credit card again. Paying on time avoids interest charges
- Survey: Bad financial habits creeping back CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
A U.S. poll shows that fewer adults have a budget and more adults are increasing their spending.
- Survey: Credit card interest rates remain at 15.01 percent for 7th week CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
April 2, 2014: Average rates on new credit card offers remained locked at 15.01 percent Wednesday for the seventh consecutive week, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report.
- Best card to send with kids to Europe CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
His two 20-year-olds head to study abroad this fall, armed only with their debit cards. Dad wants to know if he get supply them with a credit card, too
- 10 tips for dealing with debt collectors, collection CreditCards.com - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
First, pull your head out of the sand. Next, educate yourself on your rights and on who to reach out to for help or to register a complaint
- Don't be fooled into falling for these 8 scams CreditCards.com - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Here's the lowdown on eight hot scams, cons and swindles that criminals are employing to separate you from your money, along with tips for avoiding them
- Finding the best rewards card for frequent Saudi Arabia travel CreditCards.com - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 1:07 AM EDT
For a businessman who will be traveling to Saudi Arabia a lot for work, the advice is similar to that for other travelers: decide on an airline and hotel chain that fit your needs, then find a credit card ...
- Is it OK for merchants to accept credit cards from minors? CreditCards.com - Mon, Mar 31, 2014 1:07 AM EDT
If a parent has formally authorized a minor to use a credit card, accepting it isn't a problem. But getting some reassurances in writing is best practice
- Wal-Mart sues Visa over swipe fees CreditCards.com - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Wal-Mart has sued Visa for anticompetitive practices, targeting Visa's interchange fees or "swipe fees" that help support credit card rewards programs and cash-back deals for cardholder
- 3 who bounced back from bankruptcy to millionaires CreditCards.com - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Bouncing back after a bankruptcy may not be easy, but it can be done. The most prosperous of the rebounders analyze their past shortcomings, chart a better route, then march full force into the future
- On disability, facing interest rate creep CreditCards.com - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
She was on her card's hardship plan to keep her APR low, but then the company changed ownership and her rates keep rising. Is there any recourse?
- Shifting debt from credit cards through a mortgage refi CreditCards.com - Thu, Mar 27, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Paying off credit cards via a home refinance could change your credit utilization and help your credit score, if you don't go charging again
- Companion tickets: the reward perk that's not always so rewarding CreditCards.com - Thu, Mar 27, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Want to bring a friend when you travel? The right travel card may help, but companion ticket programs are full of restrictions
- Card interest rates remain locked at 15.01 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Mar 26, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
March 26, 2014: Average rates on new credit card offers held steady this week, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report.
- Healing your inner financial child CreditCards.com - Wed, Mar 26, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
If you’ve been struggling to break certain financial habits, the problem may not be your budget, but rather your childhood
- Can I use my credit card after bankruptcy? CreditCards.com - Wed, Mar 26, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
There is no specific amount of time you have to wait before you can start charging again after bankruptcy. In fact, it can even help rebuild your credit
- Winning the credit 'Game of Thrones' CreditCards.com - Tue, Mar 25, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Managing your credit cards can sometimes feel like waging an epic battle with unseen enemies on all sides -- sort of like the characters on "Game of Thrones"
- Should I ditch my checking account to earn credit card rewards? CreditCards.com - Tue, Mar 25, 2014 1:00 AM EDT
It can be tempting when a credit card issuer offers extra reward points for opening a checking account, but watch out for hidden costs and credit score dings before you make the jump
- Not all free credit scores are created equal CreditCards.com - Mon, Mar 24, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
More than 25 million credit cardholders now have regular access to a credit score through their credit card issuers, but that free score may not be the comprehensive, tell-all number you think it is.
- How soon should retailers switch to EMV? CreditCards.com - Mon, Mar 24, 2014 1:07 AM EDT
The heat is on for merchants to adopt terminals that will read smart-chip cards. But with many small firms facing rising costs from all sides, it may pay to wait to upgrade
- Churning crackdown worries credit card rewards chasers CreditCards.com - Fri, Mar 21, 2014 1:00 AM EDT
A move by American Express to crack down on people who sign up for the same credit card repeatedly is causing alarm among credit card churners, who see the decision as the latest sign that harvesting cards ...
- Assets online? Plan your estate for the digital age CreditCards.com - Thu, Mar 20, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Financial accounts, credit card rewards and even treasured photos are often online-only these days. Take these steps to help an heir to find them, and pay your bills to boot
- Pay the whole debt or pay part: Which helps credit score more? CreditCards.com - Thu, Mar 20, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Much of the credit score damage was already done back when you defaulted, but paying it off can make you look better to other lenders
- Credit card interest rates remain at 15.01 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Mar 19, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
March 19, 2014: Average rates on new credit card offers remained stuck at 15.01 percent Wednesday for the fifth straight week, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report
- Student loan payments choking new grad CreditCards.com - Wed, Mar 19, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
With student loan payments taking up 57 percent of her income, a new grad ponders defaulting as she can't see how she can keep up
- Does more 'stuff' really make you happy? CreditCards.com - Wed, Mar 19, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Buying stuff gives you a quick high, but that doesn't last for long, says "Stuffocation" author James Wallman. By focusing your time and money resources on experiences instead, you’ll find joy ...
- What an interest rate increase will cost cardholders CreditCards.com - Tue, Mar 18, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Interest rates, at historic lows since 2008, are expected to start rising as soon as spring 2015, and a single 1 percentage point increase will cost U.S. credit card holders an estimated $7.6 billion a ...