- New business financing sources to try when the bank says no CreditCards.com - 8 hours ago
With bank loans still eluding many small businesses years after the global financial crisis, new online services are sniffing out opportunity to fill the gap in the credit marketplace
- Use a different card, but keep priority boarding privilege CreditCards.com - 8 hours ago
You have to request cardholder status when your boarding pass is issued in order to qualify for priority boarding privileges
- What are some good business rewards card deals for end of year? CreditCards.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 8:00 AM EST
December can be a good time to rack up rewards points if you’re making year-end purchases to maximize your business tax deductions. The best deal for you depends on how you plan to use the card and your ...
- As airlines merge, frequent flier miles decline in value CreditCards.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 8:00 AM EST
As American Airlines and US Airways begin to merge, travelers are bracing for a new frequent flier program that would raise the number of miles needed for a free ticket, mirroring changes from other companies ...
- Checklist for new graduates looking to rent 1st apartment CreditCards.com - Sat, Dec 7, 2013 8:00 AM EST
New graduates faced with a tough job market have to crunch the numbers before deciding whether they can afford to leave the nest and get an apartment of their own
- Sample promissory note for loans to family, friends CreditCards.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 7:00 AM EST
If you're lending to a relative or friend, you'll want to craft a written agreement. This sample promissory note spells out how and when you are to be paid, and what happens if the borrower doesn't repay ...
- Lending to friends and family: Your 4-step guide CreditCards.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 7:00 AM EST
Lending to people you know can be fraught with risk. If you're going to do it, follow this 4-step guide to check expectations and improve your chances of success
- Husband's secret debt destroying marriage CreditCards.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 7:00 AM EST
He opened new cards without his wife's knowledge, racked up debt and now can't afford the minimum payments. Should she leave him or give him another chance?
- Death announcements serve notice to creditors CreditCards.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:00 AM EST
A published death announcement serves notice to creditors that the clock has started ticking for them to file claims against the estate
- Regretting your recent cash advance? You're not alone CreditCards.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:00 AM EST
More than half of those who have taken a cash advance on a credit card say they have regretted that decision, according to a new CreditCards.com poll
- The high cost of credit card cash advances CreditCards.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Using your credit card to draw cash at an ATM or writing one of those handy checks that comes in your monthly statement can cost you plenty, an exclusive CreditCards.com survey shows
- A quick guide to credit card cash advances: No! Don't! CreditCards.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:00 AM EST
In an emergency, when you have no other options, then maybe – maybe – taking a cash advance from your credit card makes sense. Otherwise, no. And by that, we mean, NO!
- Credit card interest rates hold steady at 15.06 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Dec. 4, 2013: Average rates on new credit card offers remained at 15.06 percent Wednesday, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report
- Card issuers soften mandatory arbitration rules CreditCards.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Signing away your right to go to court is part of most credit card agreements, but the CFPB is taking a look at mandatory arbitration requirements
- What kind of plastic can you get with fair credit? CreditCards.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 8:00 AM EST
With FICO scores in the low 600s and numerous hard inquiries on his credit reports, will card issuers accept or reject his card application?
- Mysterious 'Tips for Jesus' leaves behind enormous tips CreditCards.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 9:00 AM EST
Wait staffs across the United States are hoping for a visit from an anonymous customer with a credit card and a taste for outrageous generosity
- Defaulting on card may cost you your AmEx points CreditCards.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:00 AM EST
If you have more than just a missed payment or two, American Express gives itself the right to cancel your account “for any reason.” If it cancels your account, you forfeit all of your points
- What to do when you find a lost credit card CreditCards.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Good Samaritans can actually make things worse if they take the wrong action. Read our surprising list of do's and don'ts for handling lost credit cards
- Can retailers ask for ID with your credit card? CreditCards.com - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 8:00 AM EST
If you have signed your card, you may not be required to show your ID to make a purchase
- Can you ditch your merchant account for a better deal? CreditCards.com - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 8:00 AM EST
If you have signed a legal contract with a card processing company, you are most likely on the hook to follow the terms of the agreement, even if another company offers you a better deal
- Resolve medical debt before marriage CreditCards.com - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 7:00 AM EST
A young couple wants to tie the knot, but his unpaid medical debt looms over them. Should they go ahead with their wedding plans or put them off until the debt is cleared?
- Credit card interest rates remain at 15.06 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 9:00 AM EST
Nov. 26, 2013: Average rates on new credit card offers held steady this week, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report.
- What's the big deal about secured cards? CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 8:00 AM EST
When your credit is trashed or you have a thin credit file, building up a solid credit score can be within reach by just signing up and using a secured card
- Gift card scammers skirt security with new tricks CreditCards.com - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 8:00 AM EST
With security surrounding gift cards improving, scammers are resorting to new tactics, including old-fashioned trickery and new technology
- Credit card perks can save you cash this Christmas CreditCards.com - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 1:00 AM EST
From special rewards rates to price protection programs, a number of credit card perks can smooth your holiday shopping
- Savvy ways to finance holiday inventory CreditCards.com - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 7:00 AM EST
Retailers need to avoid financing inventory they are not sure they can sell — which can leave them stuck paying interest on goods they'll have to mark down in January. That's especially true for those ...
- How to get cash for your business without credit CreditCards.com - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 7:00 AM EST
If you need to buy a few hundred dollars' worth of supplies for your business but credit cards aren't an option, you might want to examine your expenses, get a job, or both
- Death, wills, remarriages can all change inheritances CreditCards.com - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 8:00 AM EST
State law governs what happens when a person dies without a will. Typically they assume that any assets of the deceased should go to a surviving spouse before going to a child
- Is family responsible for mom's debt? CreditCards.com - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:00 AM EST
An 89-year-old mom is carrying $20,000 in card debt from purchasing gifts for loved ones. Will the family be liable for the debt when she dies?
- Using gift card exchange sites to stretch your holiday budget CreditCards.com - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Gift cards have become so popular that a secondary market is booming. While you probably wouldn't give mom a used sweater for the holidays, you might be able to save money by buying other people’s unwanted ...
- FICO credit-score giveaway coming to Discover cardholders CreditCards.com - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 7:00 AM EST
Discover's the latest bank to add free credit score access as a routine service, completing the route of the once-secret three-digit number to full public view
- What percentage of available credit should you stay under? CreditCards.com - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 7:00 AM EST
How much of your available credit should you use to keep a high credit score? There's no one-size-fits-all answer, but the less credit you use, the better
- Credit card interest rates rise to 15.06 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 11:00 AM EST
Nov. 20, 2013: Average rates on new credit card offers inched higher this week, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report.
- Using your card for fast cash is costly CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Sometimes a cash advance from your credit card can be a lifesaver, but high fees, interest charges make them costly for routine cash flow fixes
- No thanks; 12 gifts that cost too much to receive CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Tablet, iPhone, a new puppy? Sometimes your best intentions to fulfill your loved ones' wishes can end up costing them a lot more than what you intended
- Infographic: Lack of savings more worrisome than card debt CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 1:00 AM EST
Although credit card debt is more stressful than either health care or living costs, what's most likely to keep you up at night is a lack of savings for the future
- Earning rewards for telecom purchases CreditCards.com - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 7:00 AM EST
AT&T offers two rewards cards that earn savings on your phone or Internet bill. But other rewards cards may offer a better deal
- GAO: Information resellers quickly invading personal lives CreditCards.com - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:00 PM EST
Data collectors know and resell your buying preferences, investments, ailments, favorite sports, hobbies and political leanings -- and need to be reined in, the government agency says in a report
- Gift cards chart 2013 CreditCards.com - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 7:00 AM EST
We've researched the terms and features of the cards of major banks and dozens of retailers to let you make a side-by-side comparison
- Gift cards 2013: Reload, please CreditCards.com - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 7:00 AM EST
Our exclusive survey of all the top gift card sellers shows this year's trend is that they'd really like you to get you to register your card and reload (and reload) it
- Entrepreneurial and under 21? You'll need to build a credit record CreditCards.com - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:00 AM EST
Starting a business at age 20 often requires credit. The CARD Act makes building a credit record more difficult for young people, but it can be done
- Debt judgment puts inheritance at risk CreditCards.com - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 8:00 AM EST
When expecting an inheritance after you've had a judgment against you for unpaid debt, don't worry -- that money doesn't automatically go to creditors. But worry: They'll come looking
- 8 creative ways to give gift cards CreditCards.com - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Worried your gift card is too impersonal? With a little wit and a little inspiration, you can turn that shiny plastic into a whimsical gift
- NY Fed: Household debt rise marks a 'turning point' CreditCards.com - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 10:00 AM EST
Households increased their debt load in the third quarter by the largest amount since early 2008, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Tips for building credit before renting a home CreditCards.com - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Landlords commonly check the credit history of potential renters; knowing and polishing yours can hand you the keys to a new home
- Layaway 2013: Survives recession's end, but evolves CreditCards.com - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Compare fees and policies for the old-fashioned holiday financial helper, which enjoyed a revival during the recession and shows every sign of sticking around
- Credit card interest rates remain at 15.05 percent CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Nov. 13, 2013: Average rates on new card offers remained at 15.05 percent Wednesday, according to the CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Rate Report.
- Great degree, great job, but no credit CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Recent college grads shouldn't expect to be granted easy access to credit once they land a job. Building a great credit score takes time, patience
- 2013 airline gift card comparison chart CreditCards.com - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 8:00 AM EST
While most airlines offer gift cards, their terms and conditions vary. Make sure you know what you're getting before you buy
- How to use the grace period to avoid paying interest CreditCards.com - Tue, Nov 12, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Taking advantage of the grace period's break on interest charges can save the typical card user a couple hundred bucks a year, but the savings aren't automatic