- Credit Card Usage Surges During Government Shutdown Credit.com - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Credit card use rose dramatically in October, as furloughed federal workers apparently decided to fund their spending with plastic.
- Do Squatters Actually Have Rights? Credit.com - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Technically, a process called adverse possession could allow you to walk into a home and declare ownership without paying. But it's complicated.
- Is Owning a Condo Different Than Owning a House? Credit.com - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
Two of the most common homebuying choices are single family homes and condominiums. But you should weigh the pros and cons of each first.
- A Little-Known Credit Card Perk That Can Save You Big Credit.com - 3 hours ago
One big benefit of using credit is that you can dispute a charge if you believe you should not have to pay. Here's how to do it if you need to.
- The Holiday Spending Gender Gap: Men Opt for Credit Cards Credit.com - 3 hours ago
When it comes to holiday spending, it turns out men and women are different. Not just in what they buy, but in terms of how they pay for those purchases.
- Healthcare Credit Cards Latest Target of CFPB Credit.com - 4 hours ago
The CFPB is ordering CareCredit to refund up to $34.1 million to consumers who thought they were signing up for interest-free healthcare credit cards.
- 6 Tips for Safer Passwords Credit.com - Tue, Dec 10, 2013 9:00 AM EST
Recent hacks have highlighted the importance of learning to build safer passwords. Here are some tips to do just that.
- 5 Creative Ways to Give Cash for Christmas Credit.com - Tue, Dec 10, 2013 8:30 AM EST
We searched for the best and most thoughtful ways to give cash for Christmas. Here are five that are especially memorable.
- How to Cut Costs in the Homebuying Process Credit.com - Tue, Dec 10, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Home buying costs can add up quickly, but you can reduce the amount of money you have to bring to the closing table.
- The 25% Strategy to Budgeting Credit.com - Tue, Dec 10, 2013 7:30 AM EST
For most people, budgeting is a tedious and time-consuming process. Fortunately, there’s a better way to approach this task.
- 5 Things That Won’t Hurt Your Credit Score Credit.com - Tue, Dec 10, 2013 7:00 AM EST
Not every money-related decision has an impact on your credit. Here are a few things that won't hurt your credit scores.
- What to Consider Before Getting a Balance Transfer Credit Card Credit.com - Tue, Dec 10, 2013 6:30 AM EST
For those considering a balance transfer credit card, here are five factors to evaluate before taking the offer.
- Elderly Woman Ignores HOA Mail, Loses Her Home Credit.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 9:00 AM EST
A Kentucky woman who never opened mail about her overdue HOA fees, thinking they were invitations to volunteer, has lost her house.
- Average Student Loan Debt Rises to $29,400 Credit.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 9:00 AM EST
The class of 2012 graduated with an average student loan debt of $29,400, a significant rise from the class of 2011.
- Facebook vs. Twitter: Who's Winning the War for Millennials? Credit.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 8:30 AM EST
Millenials are on social media, but their numbers are shrinking on Facebook and growing on Twitter.
- How to Use Your Credit Card for Charity Credit.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 7:30 AM EST
Tis the season for giving, and this year many people will use credit cards to donate. Here's what to know before you use your credit card for charity.
- Student Loans... But Only for Some Credit.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 7:30 AM EST
When it comes to student loans, some lenders are offering concierge-level service to potential high earners, leaving some borrowers behind.
- Shock: Most People Would Give a Social Security Number to Make a Purchase Credit.com - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 6:30 AM EST
When it comes to online shopping security, a survey shows that many Americans are willing to give up way too much personal information to make a purchase.
- 5 Costly Homebuying Myths Credit.com - Sun, Dec 8, 2013 8:00 AM EST
If you're looking to buy a house, it's time to get educated. Here are some home buying myths that could cost you.
- 3 Holiday Job Hunting Tips Credit.com - Sat, Dec 7, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Hiring often slows or stops during the holidays, but your job search should not. Here are some job hunting tips that can help.
- Monday Was the Biggest Online Shopping Day in US History Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 9:30 AM EST
Cyber Monday 2013 set a record for online sales. Analysts expect higher holiday sales overall.
- How to Protect Your New Gadgets From Malware Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 9:00 AM EST
If electronics are on your holiday list, you'll want to be sure you protect mobile devices from malware before you put personal data on them.
- The Hidden Costs of Buying a Home Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 8:30 AM EST
The costs of buying a home go far beyond the actual price of a house. Here's what to expect as you begin the process of buying a home.
- Why Do I Have So Many Credit Scores? Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 8:00 AM EST
One person can have many credit scores, depending on how the scores are calculated, what information is used and when you ask for it.
- Budget Basics: Where to Start Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 7:30 AM EST
Learning how to budget can help you set your financial priorities figure out if your dollars are going where you want them to. Here are some budget basics.
- 7 Reasons to Start Looking for a New Job Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 7:00 AM EST
When is enough enough? These seven symptoms may be the reasons to start looking for a new job.
- How Does Driving Affect Your Credit? Credit.com - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 6:30 AM EST
How you drive, whether you've had citations and more can indirectly affect your credit scores. Here's how driving and credit can be related.
- Why Are Credit Scores So Wicked High in Boston? Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 9:00 AM EST
A recent report from Experian shows that residents of the Boston area have some pretty high credit scores when compared to the average American.
- Auto Loan Interest Rates At All-Time Low Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:30 AM EST
Interest rates for new-car loans fell to 4.27%, the lowest rate seen since Experian first started publicly reporting the data.
- How to Get a Credit Card If You Are a Student Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:00 AM EST
If you're in school and without much -- or any -- income, you still might be able to get a credit card to start building a credit history.
- A Guide to Gifting Prepaid Cards Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 7:30 AM EST
Visa, MasterCard and American Express gift cards enjoy wider acceptance than store-branded cards. So are general-use gift cards a better gift?
- 5 Myths About Late Payments & Your FICO Scores Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 7:00 AM EST
They can have a huge impact on your credit scores, but there are many myths about late payments. We do some myth-busting.
- In the New Economy, You Are the Product Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 6:30 AM EST
When you're offered great incentives for personal info like your email address and ZIP, is the tradeoff worth it? You are the product in the new economy.
- The States With the Angriest Customers Credit.com - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 6:00 AM EST
Dealing with customer service reps isn't fun, but they might have some complaints about customer courtesy. One state has the angriest customers.
- Online Payday Lenders Face Scrutiny in New York Credit.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 9:30 AM EST
As many payday lenders move online to avoid running afoul of state laws, state regulators are putting extra scrutiny on their lead generation work.
- The Man With 18 Identities Credit.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 9:00 AM EST
A Canadian man is accused of using fake or stolen IDs to apply for credit. Here's what you can do to can reduce your risk of having a stolen identity.
- Woman Allegedly Used Company Credit Cards to Pay for Her Wedding Credit.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 8:30 AM EST
A Florida woman allegedly used company credit cards to help pay for her wedding -- a total of nearly $50,000. She is charged with credit card fraud and grand theft.
- 5 Money Musts for Reaching Your Financial Goals Credit.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Little habits can make a big difference over the long term. Here are five money musts to help you make your financial dreams a reality.
- How to Refinance Without Resetting the Mortgage Clock Credit.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 7:30 AM EST
If you're thinking about a refi on your mortgage, but don't know how to refinance without resetting the clock on your loan, we have some tips.
- The 4 Decisions Every Lender Makes Credit.com - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 7:00 AM EST
Many people believe that the lender decisions boil down to just one thing: the credit score. But there are other factors too.
- Your Year-End Tax To-Do List Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:17 PM EST
- Holiday Weekend Spending: More Consumers, Fewer Dollars Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 9:00 AM EST
Wondering what the final tally was on the holiday weekend spending? More people went shopping, but the average amount spent dropped.
- How to Sell Your House in the Off-Season Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:30 AM EST
Selling your house in winter can be a challenge, but tips can help you present your house in the best possible light.
- The Zig-Zag Pricing of Prescription Drugs Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:00 AM EST
When it comes to the pricing of prescription drugs, consumers find themselves with little way to navigate prices, especially when costs jump suddenly.
- The 10 States Most Maxed Out on Credit Cards Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 7:30 AM EST
Some Americans are more maxed out on credit cards than others. We look at states with the highest credit card debt, as a percentage of available credit.
- How to Apply for Your First Business Loan Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 6:30 AM EST
When you're trying to get your first business loan, understanding the basics of what a lender will ask is key to getting approved.
- CFPB to Regulate More Student Loan Servicers Credit.com - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 6:00 AM EST
The CFPB announced a new rule today that will give them oversight of more student loan servicers.
- 5 Simple Ways to Rebuild Your Credit Credit.com - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 10:19 AM EST
- Short Sales Are Down as Home Prices Rise Credit.com - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 9:00 AM EST
Home prices are up from last year, and a smaller proportion of homes sold are short sales, according to the latest real estate data.
- How Big Should Your Car Down Payment Be? Credit.com - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 8:30 AM EST
You have a sizable amount saved up to use toward a car down payment. Should you use all of your savings?