- 6 Fascinating Mind Tricks That Help You Save Money DailyWorth - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Putting money aside seems pretty straightforward. But seeing as the average personal-savings rate is just 5.7 percent (compared to 11 percent two decades ago), it’s definitely easier said than done.
- Who Will be the Most Financially Stable in 10 Years? DailyWorth - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If we had a crystal ball to tell us exactly how financially fit we’ll be in the coming years, our money stress would probably drop exponentially.
- Value vs. Perception: Why You’re Paying More for These 8 Luxury Items DailyWorth - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
- 5 Common — and Costly — Investing Myths DailyWorth - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Myths about investing are costly. They can lead you to take too much risk, or too little, or avoid investing altogether, which likely is the most costly mistake of them all.
- Back-to-School Savings Tips You Can Use All Year DailyWorth - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
For parents, the beginning of a new school year requires more than just getting children back on a regular schedule and helping out with homework. It requires money — often lots of it.
- Want to Save More? There’s an App for That DailyWorth - Wed, Aug 13, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
How’s your bank balance? Could be better? You’re not alone. Only one in four Americans surveyed by Bankrate.
- 6 Simple Ways to Save More DailyWorth - Tue, Aug 12, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
It’s no surprise that Americans are not particularly good at saving money. Even after the financial crisis of 2008, the savings rate only went up to about 5.5 percent, and it was back down to 2.
- 8 Excuses for Not Saving Money — Debunked DailyWorth - Tue, Aug 12, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
After two decades of personal finance reporting, I’ve heard every excuse in the book for not saving money. That said, none of them really hold up — at least over the long term.
- 5 things you should never buy at full price DailyWorth - Fri, Aug 8, 2014 3:08 PM EDT
Maybe it’s true that “you get what you pay for” with certain products and services, but for many commodities and everyday needs, it’s easy to pay way too much.
- The Best Times to Buy Big-Ticket Items DailyWorth - Wed, Aug 6, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Savvy shoppers know the best time to get linens is during January’s white sales and that July is a great time to buy swimsuits.
- 5 Common — and Costly — Investing Mistakes DailyWorth - Tue, Aug 5, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Survey after survey shows that women are less confident about making wise financial decisions despite feeling more financially secure, that we’re more likely to defer to a partner in making important money ...
- 7 Top Money Management Apps DailyWorth - Tue, Jul 29, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Keeping a balanced budget can help you stay on track and sleep better at night.
- Are You Committing Financial Infidelity? DailyWorth - Tue, Jul 15, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Several years ago, a friend of mine admitted she had a bank account her husband didn’t know about so that she could spend from her secret stash on the sly.
- Meet 6 Entrepreneurs Who Are Changing the World DailyWorth - Fri, Jul 11, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
CEOs are frequently seen as profit-driven with a laser-beam focus on the bottom line.
- What Makes a Business Most Likely to Succeed? DailyWorth - Wed, Jul 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
So you say you want to start a business, but what are its chances of survival? What types of businesses are voted “Most Likely To Succeed”? More importantly, what skills can you acquire to make sure your ...
- 4 Ways You May Be Unknowingly Hurting Your Credit DailyWorth - Tue, Jul 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Tammy listed her son as an authorized user on one of her credit cards to help him build his credit history.
- 5 Ways to Use Social Media to Save Money DailyWorth - Tue, Jul 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you’re active on social media, you’re constantly presented with opportunities to save, whether you've signed up for them or not.
- 10 habits to get rich DailyWorth - Mon, Jul 7, 2014 12:14 PM EDT
Becoming rich takes serious willpower and long-term vision.
- My Savings Changed My Life: 7 True Stories DailyWorth - Thu, Jul 3, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
We know you’ve probably heard this mantra drilled into your brain over and over: One of the smartest financial moves you can make is to save money in an emergency fund.
- Which travel perks are — and aren’t — worth it? DailyWorth - Tue, Jul 1, 2014 2:24 PM EDT
Car rental insurance? Hotel packages? Find out which extras are really worth it.
- How We Paid Off More Than $100,000 in Student Loans DailyWorth - Tue, Jul 1, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
For 37 million Americans, student loan debt is a financial albatross around their necks. And it’s growing.
- Are you millionaire material? DailyWorth - Fri, Jun 27, 2014 1:22 PM EDT
- 10 Common Lies We Tell Ourselves About Money DailyWorth - Fri, Jun 27, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you’re not saving money, maybe you tell yourself it’s because you just “can’t afford” to set money aside right now. (Not true.
- Cut Costs on Common Medical Expenses DailyWorth - Thu, Jun 26, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Just because you have health insurance doesn’t mean you’re in the clear when it comes to covering all of your medical expenses.
- Don’t Fall For These 5 Pricing Tricks DailyWorth - Wed, Jun 25, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Never underestimate the lengths retailers will go to to get you to spend more. Everything from product placement to music to scent can subconsciously coerce you into opening your wallet.
- Does Supporting Women-Led Companies Mean Sacrificing Returns? DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 24, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Can a compelling argument be made for sacrificing returns in order to support companies that advance women's leadership? We shall soon see with the introduction of the Pax Ellevate Global Women’s Index ...
- Are You Afraid of Running Out of Money in Retirement? DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 24, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you’re like most women, the answer is yes.
- Overcoming Overspending? Here’s How to Stop the Urge to Splurge DailyWorth - Wed, Jun 18, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Does this scenario sound familiar? You’re at Bloomingdale’s and fall in love with a sleek wrap dress that’s out of your price range. Still, on a whim, you try it on for fun — not intending to buy it, of ...
- Your Salary is Not Your Net Worth DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 17, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
It’s tempting to fixate on the dollar amount of your paycheck. But the fact is: What matters far more is what you do with those dollars — and what you allow those dollars to do for you over time.
- Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 17, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
We don’t have to tell you this if you’ve ever been (or are) in this situation, but living from one paycheck to the next makes peace of mind an elusive goal.
- How I Went From Unemployed to Running a 6-Figure Business DailyWorth - Wed, Jun 11, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
In early 2009, I had just begun a new job at a digital agency. Just seven short weeks after starting, I was called in to a conference room and laid off.
- Reap More Rewards From Your Credit Cards DailyWorth - Wed, Jun 11, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
In a few weeks, my husband, daughter and I will be stretched out in our lie-flat business class seats on a flight to London.
- 4 Surprising Ways to Help You Build Wealth DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 10, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
You likely already know the standard advice about building wealth: Live below your means. Max out your retirement accounts. Pay off your debt.
- Are You Doing This With Your Money? DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 10, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Most of us know we could make improvements to our finances. But we’re either not sure where to start, or we’re worried about the time and effort that might be required to make the changes.
- Can money really buy happiness? DailyWorth - Tue, Jun 3, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
- 5 Celebrity Money Mistakes We Can All Learn From DailyWorth - Wed, May 28, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
As Chris Rock once said, “Rich is some (bleep) you could lose with a crazy summer and a drug habit.
- Common Money Beliefs That Hurt More Than Help DailyWorth - Tue, May 27, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
How often have you thought, “If I just make more money, I’ll surely be happy?” Or, the other side of the proverbial coin, “Money is the root of all evil?” While some commonly held money beliefs ring true ...
- Why Common Instincts Can Cost Us as Investors DailyWorth - Tue, May 20, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Let’s say you finally bite the bullet and invest a nice little sum in a company you’d been hearing about for some time. All systems are go until one day the stock’s value drops a jaw-dropping 10 points....
- The worst money mistakes you can make at any age DailyWorth - Fri, May 16, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
Everyone makes mistakes with money. We don’t save enough, or we spend too much on something frivolous. We sell shares in a stock too soon or not soon enough.
- Are Biases and Beliefs Keeping You From Getting Rich? DailyWorth - Tue, May 13, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
The problem with a lot of financial advice is that it assumes that once you know the right thing to do, you’ll do it. It can seem as if the people giving the advice had never met an actual human being....
- Beware These 9 Common Overspending Triggers DailyWorth - Fri, May 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
No matter how sensible with money you usually are, there are times when your budget is at risk of getting hijacked.
- 7 Simple Rules for Making Money DailyWorth - Tue, May 6, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you’re smart, accomplished, advancing in your career, and embarrassed by how little you know about money, you’re not alone.
- These hidden fees are costing you DailyWorth - Fri, May 2, 2014 2:52 PM EDT
- How to Keep Your Relationship in Financial Harmony DailyWorth - Fri, May 2, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
A financial power struggle can be the “most destructive scenario” in coupledom says Rachelle Miller, a relationship coach and family attorney.
- 6 Sneaky Ways Retailers Get You to Spend More DailyWorth - Wed, Apr 30, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Retailers are onto us.
- 11 money mistakes you probably don’t know you’re making DailyWorth - Thu, Apr 24, 2014 11:29 AM EDT
- How to Create a Recession-Proof Life DailyWorth - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Now that we’ve slogged through the Great Recession and long, slow recovery, it’s painful to imagine suffering through that again.
- What Can We Do About My Husband’s Student Loan Debt? DailyWorth - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Our family is suffering from my husband's overwhelming student loan debt.
- The worst money mistakes you can make in a marriage DailyWorth - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:14 PM EDT
- Don’t Want Your Identity Stolen? Better Do This DailyWorth - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Linda Foley of San Diego didn’t think twice about filling out the tax forms her employer handed her. That is, until a credit card company called her to confirm her change of address — and she hadn’t moved....