- Gourmet Tacos: Why Upscale Mexican Street-Food Restaurants Are Hot @ Forbes - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Mexican street food is headed out of the taco truck and into the mouths of foodies seeking a quick restaurant bite. For some diners, a taco with a Doritos-flavored taco shell constitutes a major upgrade in their dining experience. But other diners crave better food quality than they can find at [...]
- Rudy Giuliani: Noriega's 'Call Of Duty' Lawsuit Is A Fight Between Good And Evil @ Forbes - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
An interview with former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani on former dictator Manuel Noriega's lawsuit against 'Call of Duty' maker Activision Blizzard.
- Apple Can't Fix The Consumer Privacy Problem On Its Own @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
I wasn't impressed a few weeks ago when Apple offered the tepid not-our-fault response to the celeb photo hack, but then its open letter and CEO Tim Cook’s appearance on Charlie Rose sealed the deal for me: Apple is aggressively ahead of its competition when it comes to privacy. Unfortunately, it [...]
- Don't Fly Too High, Detroit: Cadillac Slaps Motown Back Down @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Another city, even in Flyover Country -- Chicago, say, or Cincinnati -- might not take it so personally. But when hometown hero General Motors announced that Cadillac is up and leaving and moving its headquarters to New York City as a new "strategic business unit," well, expect Detroiters to be [...]
- Back To School 2014: Internships @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Looking for a career advantage? An internship may be just the ticket. But what are the tax consequences of an internship?
- Some People Have A Technology Inferiority Complex @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Whenever Apple launches a new iPhone something interesting happens: Many Android users hang on every word of the unveiling, and quickly take to online forums to denigrate the new Apple device, and let the world know why their Android smartphone is superior. The phenomenon is not limited to Apple vs. [...]
- Ex-Im Bank Survives Tea Party Attack, Girds For The Next One @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Given the certitude of a presidential veto, there's no chance that the bank's foes can kill it. But try they will, and for the next nine months business-friendly House Republicans will be inundated with pleas, and money, from business constituents who say that they’re out of the export business if the bank goes under.
- Blizzard Cancels Project Titan, Its Eternally Mysterious Next-Gen MMO @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
In an announcement that seems both simultaneously massive and expected, Blizzard has confirmed they are cancelling their long-awaited, seldom spoken-of next-gen MMO, forever known as its codename, Project Titan. The news comes via a Polygon interview with Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime, who said that after seven years in development, …
- PayPal Takes Baby Step Toward Bitcoin, Partners With Cryptocurrency Processors @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
PayPal is teaming with Coinbase, Bitpay and GoCoin to process Bitcoin transactions for digital goods.
- 4 Special Situation Stocks With Substantial Possible Returns @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
David Marcus: At Evermore Global we take a global perspective. We can go anywhere in the world and we can go anywhere in the capital structure. We're looking for special situations where we can invest our precious capital, which is our investor's dollars and our own capital, to get the highest [...]
- Colt Defense Left Grappling With The Aftermath Of An Aftermath @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
By Alexander Gladstone If investors have learned anything from the spate of school shootings and other senseless acts of public violence, it is that when attention turns away from victims it often turns toward gun makers and gun owners. What often grabs headlines immediately following these tragedies, is the fact that …
- Traxpay And MasterCard Take Supply Chain Finance Global @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Straight-through processing, starting with the invoice, can simplify B2B commerce, reduce costs and help companies expand their supply chains.
- Apple Leads Q2 Buyback Pack As Share Repurchases Decline Overall @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
In the second quarter overall share repurchases were down 1.6% from the same period last year to $116.2 billion.
- 10 Million iPhones Not Enough To Change September Quarter Guidance @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Selling 10 million iPhones is a very strong result for the first three days it doesn't appear to be enough to change September quarter's guidance.
- Five Transportation Stocks On The Move @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
One area of the market that is benefiting from the increased economic activity is the transportation sector. These five have more room to run.
- Will The U.S. Catch Up In Real-Time Payments? @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
The US lags other countries in moving to real-time payments. Chicago Fed conference this week will look at the issues.
- eBay In Security Storm With Dangerous Flaw Wide Open @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
eBay has left a serious security flaw open on its website, drawing extensive criticism.
- Apple Will Kill Off The Beats Music Brand Sooner Or Later @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Regardless of which of the rumors you care to listen to, it’s probably fair to say that at some future date Beats Music as a brand will be no more, although the backbone of the service will still live on. But there may be more than just another music streaming service up Apple's sleeve.
- State Farm, Blue Cross Partner To Sell Obamacare Policies @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Bringing together two of the best-known brands in insurance, State Farm said it would partner with Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in five states to sell Blues brand individual medical policies when signup begins in November for private coverage under the Affordable Care Act. The relationship will marshal an army of [...]
- Nukes And Coal: The Surprising Clean Energy Bridge to Obama's Low Carbon Future @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
The Clean Power Plan proposed by the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on June 2 seems to have sliced the country down the middle. We have green Democrats, climate change action proponents, and environmentalists on one side, and pro-coal Republicans and Democrats, red-meat Republicans, and Chamber of Commerce …
- Where Are the Homebuilders Headed? @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Monday’s report that Existing Home Sales declined 1.8% in August hit a market that was already under heavy selling pressure. The declining stocks outpaced the advancing ones by a five-to-one margin. This has dropped the McClellan oscillator to -184, which is just above the recent low of -194. The S&P 500 futures are showing …
- Cadillac Moves HQ To New York As New Chief De Nysschen Holds Sway @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
General Motors didn't hire Johan de Nysschen to run Cadillac as a shrinking violet. And the former Audi of America and Infiniti chief hasn't disappointed them. In his biggest move yet, de Nysschen has gotten GM's top brass to approve the establishment of Cadillac as a "separate business unit" that [...]
- AstraZeneca Hurt As Obama Tries To Get Tough On Tax Inversions @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Citi analysts think Pfizer and AstraZeneca could still match up despite Obama Administration's bid to crack down on tax inversions.
- The Scary Future Of The Hollywood Horror Film @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
2014 has been a pretty lousy year for theatrical horror films. Is it merely a fluke of the calendar, or a sign of things to come? I have no desire to kick sand in the face of Kevin Smith's Tusk, which debuted to just $846,831 on 602 screens this weekend. But it [...]
- Wall Street Reacts To Obama Administration's Move To Stop Companies From Leaving America @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Wall Street reacted on Tuesday to the Obama administration’s regulatory moves to try to stop companies from leaving America via tax-lowering mergers and deals with companies in foreign jurisdictions. Shares of companies with so-called inversion deals pending fell on Tuesday morning, suggesting that the Treasury Department’s …
- Aussie Start-up Invoice2go Raises $35 Million Led By Accel Partners @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Invoice2go, the market leading invoicing app for small business owners that allows them to send invoices from their smartphones, has just closed $35 million in funding from Accel Partners and Ribbit Capital. As part of its bold expansion plans, the company has appointed Greg Waldorf, CEO-in-Residence at Accel Partners as …
- My Best Digital Media Innovation Tip @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Tip O’Neill taught me everything I needed to learn about innovation in digital media. It's true - I learned a lifelong lesson in managing media disruption a generation ago from an aging, overweight, red-nosed, fashion-challenged pol from the old Irish neighborhoods of Boston. Right out of college I had the privilege [ …
- Climate Action: Reduce Risk, Maximize Opportunities @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Business leaders succeed or fail based on their ability to identify opportunities and risks. Here is how Chad Holliday, Chairman of Bank of America, recently put it: “They get up and they read the Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times and they watch CNBC … And they’re looking [...]
- 3 Reasons Oracle Should Acquire EMC @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
EMC couldn't sell itself to Hewlett Packard. But EMC shareholders would be better off in the arms of Oracle anyway. Although I see strategic problems for such a deal, EMC is likely to be sold and there are three reasons Oracle might be the best buyer. Before getting into all that, most mergers [...]
- Eurozone Wobbles While Chinese Economy Strengthens @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
A survey showing that Germany’s economy expanded a smidgen in the third quarter has given the euro a slight lift above the 14-month low it has plumbed against the U.S. dollar in recent weeks. But for the embattled eurozone, the latest batch of purchasing managers’ indexes (PMI) does not paint a rosy picture.
- Connecting Telephony To CRM--Invoca Tips Its Hat To Commercial Reality @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
It’s easy to believe the hype from digital marketing proponents and take for granted that digital channels account for the vast majority of inbound sales calls to organizations. This is a view that is attractive since it is significantly easier to integrate digital communications into sales and marketing platforms than …
- Why The Apple TV HomeKit Update Makes An Apple Television More Likely @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Apple’s already got your pocket and your office. Now it wants your living room too.
- At American Airlines, The Life Of The Boeing 767-200 Is Winding Down @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
In the late 1980s, Piedmont Airlines took delivery of six Boeing 767-200s, which at the time were the most modern aircraft in the world. They are not so modern anymore, but some of them are still flying for US Airways, now a division of American Airlines. They are now the oldest [...]
- McDonald's Needs Millennials And More @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Retail industry insiders say that getting hip with Millennials will require more substantive changes than just retooled advertising.
- If A Bank Can Be Liable For Terrorism, Are The Saudis Next? @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Lawyers make one last attempt to convince a U.S. judge they should be able to sue Saudi Arabia over the 9/11 attacks.
- Inside The Numbers: The Relatively 'Slow' Growth of Apple's iOS 8 @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Compared to iOS 7, the proportion of devices running iOS 8 is off to a slow start. But in reality, the total number of iPhones and iPads that have upgraded is more similar than it seems. In understanding why uptake isn't running at last year's fever pitch, there are lessons for Apple, insights for customers and some hints …
- The iPhone 6: Has Apple Done Enough To Beat The Androids? @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
Being a technology journalist, you have to remain unbiased when reviewing the latest gadgets. This can be tricky at times, especially if you're already very used to one product - perhaps because you own it yourself, like I do with the iPhone 5 and now the iPhone 6. There's nothing [...]
- Philips Cuts Umbilical Cord With Bulbs, Split To Allow Mergers? @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
Philips of the Netherlands announced a dramatic move to hive off its historical lighting activities. This split could be a prelude to a next phase of transformational deals that will further change the ownership structure and reduce “Philips” to just a brand, perhaps even no longer Dutch.
- Kinvey Announces Series B--The MBaaS Battle Continues @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
Last week mobile backend as a service (MBaaS) vendor FeedHenry was acquired by Red Hat, continuing a busy series of acquisitions in the space. Previous deals in the space include the acquisition of Parse by Facebook and that of StackMob by PayPal. All this frothiness is happening for a reason: [...]
- With Japan-China Political Relations Still Frozen, Japan Business Delegation Gets No Meeting With Xi … @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
Opportunities for growth and profitability will continue to Japanese companies fully committed to the China market. Regrettably, their efforts will be against political headwinds that show no sign of abating.
- Why 10 Million iPhones Means A Lot More Than 9 Million @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
The first weekend sales of the iPhone 6 were very impressive.
- Obama Administration Moves To Try To Stop Companies From Leaving America @ Forbes - 22 hours ago
The Obama administration moved on Monday to try to discourage companies from leaving America by limiting the benefits of tax-lowering deals. The U.S. Treasury Department issued new rules that are aimed at slowing the wave of so-called inversion deals that has seen U.S. companies redomicile in overseas jurisdictions like …
- Apple's iOS 8 Rapidly Overtakes Android's KitKat In Under Five Days @ Forbes - 23 hours ago
Alongside the release of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Apple also released the next version of its mobile operating system for its older devices. iOS 8 is a major release of the platform, and five days after its launch, one in four iOS devices are running the latest version of the OS.
- 5 Giant Myths Of Retirement Planning Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 6:03 PM EDT
These are five myths that still exist in retirement planning: Essentially, that means building an investment portfolio that leaves roughly 5 to 8% of your investable assets in cash. Once a month, you have a check for a predetermined amount electronically withdrawn from the cash account and deposited into your checking …
- 8 Job Search Tips For Unemployed Executives @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 5:49 PM EDT
This career consultant's advice can help you land an offer.
- An Aborted Deal That Would Have Been a Disaster--HP And EMC Investigated a Merger @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 4:34 PM EDT
A Wall Street Journal report suggested that EMC and HP have investigated a potential merger deal that would have created a massive vendor worth close to $130 billion. Citing unnamed sources, WSJ wrote that the deal was approached as a “merger of equals” and was in discussion over the past [...]
- Shares Of Herbalife Fall Sharply @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 4:24 PM EDT
In the latest victory for billionaire hedge fund manager William Ackman, the stock of Herbalife fell sharply on Monday, trading at levels not seen since the first months of the nearly two-year battle over the company. Shares of Herbalife, which have been falling steadily in recent months, tumbled by 10% to [...]
- Despite Correction, Brazil National Housing Survey Still Shows Nation Improving @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 4:23 PM EDT
Why Brazil's "Lulapalooza" -- as one Bloomberg columnist calls it -- is not over.
- Tekmira Tempers FDA OK For Ebola Drug Access @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 4:23 PM EDT
Tekmira CEO cautions that extended access does not constitute a controlled clinical trial and that TKM-Ebola is targeted against a 1976 strain of the virus.
- Why So Many Job Postings Are So Ridiculous @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 4:02 PM EDT
How to get hired when employers are looking for 'unicorns.'