- From Big Boxes to Breweries: San Diego's Craft Beer Community Protests Anheuser-Busch Owned Brewpub @ Forbes - 9 minutes ago
A-B subsidiary 10 Barrel Brewing pursues brewpub permits over community complaints.
- Synaptics: Third Time's The Charm? @ Forbes - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Synaptics gets taken to the woodshed
- Small Turbines Can Outperform Conventional Wind Farms, Stanford Prof Says, With No Bird Kill @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Arrays of small vertical-axis wind turbines, optimized to take advantage of each other's turbulence, can outperform conventional wind farms, according to a Stanford University researcher—and they don't kill birds.
- China Movie Studio Head Becomes Billionaire Stock Market Star @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Chi Yufeng, chairman of Chinese movie and TV series production company Perfect World Pictures, became a star of the world’s wealth league himself on Thursday after he successfully completed the transfer of his formerly Nasdaq-listed business Perfect World Co. to a stock exchange back home. Shenzhen-listed Perfect World …
- Walmart Wants A Few Good Startups @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Walmart has joined a growing list of retailers issuing looking for a few good startups to help solve some sticky technology problems and create more compelling shopping experiences.
- Mexico's Carlos Slim Helu Lost $3.4 Billion After America Movil Stock Drop @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Mexico's richest man, Carlos Slim Helu, lost $3.4 billion and his spot as the world's fourth richest person on Thursday as the market reacted to the telecom company's weak first-quarter earnings report on Wednesday.
- The Perils Of Legislating By Movie Scene @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
“The Big Short” won all kinds of accolades for its vivid depiction of the 2008 financial crisis, which managed to turn complicated financial instruments into a riveting morality tale. The movie, a Hollywood adaptation of a Michael Lewis book by the same name, apparently counts Members of Congress among its fans,
- Look Out Corporate America: After Apple Sale, Carl Icahn Is Armed And Dangerous @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
Carl Icahn has some $4.3 billion of new cash sitting around with which he can target any company he sees fit.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Becomes World's Fourth Richest Person With $6 Billion Gain @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
Amazon.com founder and CEO Jeff Bezos got $6 billion richer as his company's stock surged 12% in after-hours trading on Thursday.
- The Trade Of The Decade @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
We've talked a lot about oil, the rebound of which has probably led to the trade of the year. If you recall back on February 8th, we said policymakers finally got the wake up call on the systemic threat of the oil price bust when Chesapeake Energy, the second largest
- Does Mark Zuckerberg Want To Run For President? @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
Buried deep in Facebook's latest proxy statement is a curious note about Mark Zuckerberg's future.
- LinkedIn Shares Soar On Strong Q1 Beat And Sunnier Full-Year Guidance @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
LinkedIn shares got a much-needed boost on Thursday after the company reported first-quarter revenue and earnings that beat analysts' estimates and issued a sunnier guidance for the full 2016 year.
- 'Apple Beats Microsoft at Their Own Game' Says IDC, As iPad Pro Gains on Microsoft Surface @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
The iPad Pro has already become a Microsoft Surface killer. But it's not all good news for Apple.
- Amazon Shares Rocket Up As Cloud Computing Powers Growth @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
The Seattle-based retailer's shares were up more than 12% in after-hours trading.
- Starbucks Finally Starts To Donate All Of Its Unsold Food. But Donating Isn't As Easy As It Seems. @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Starbucks is donating its unsold food to charities. Since nobody likes to see food go to waste, you might think that's a no-brainer, but donating food to charity can be harder than it looks.
- Twitter Sentiment Before Fed Meetings Could Affect Your Portfolio: MIT @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
MIT researchers found the best performing model invests passively all year except for FOMC meeting days when it makes trades on Twitter sentiment.
- Google Filed Patent For Injecting A Device Directly Into Your Eyeball To Improve Vision @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
Google has had a penchant for far out tech that never reaches the market. Here's the latest.
- It's Pearson CEO John Fallon Vs. Teachers' Union President Randi Weingarten @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
Is it a good idea for the children in the Third World to get an education, even if their parents have to pay for it? The American Federation of Teachers doesn’t think so. So the AFT is sending its president, Randi Weingarten, to the Pearson (NYSE: PSO) annual meeting in London
- Why The Seattle Mariners Were So Perfectly Primed For A Sale @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
The Seattle Mariners will be the first MLB club sold in four years. Here's why they have been primed to be sold for some time.
- Reviewing First Solar's Q1 @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
First Solar , the largest U.S. solar equipment manufacturer, published a mixed set of Q1 2016 results on Wednesday, beating market expectations on earnings although revenues missed estimates amid choppy revenue recognition for its solar projects business. Below we provide some of the key takeaways from the company’s earnings …
- Mortgage Rates: Houses And Cheap Loans To The Economy's Rescue @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Mortgage rates posted their biggest weekly jump since November, pushing the average cost of a 30-year loan to 3.66 percent as the Federal Reserve wrapped up its April meeting. While rates are at their highest since March, home loans are cheaper than they were at this time last year (3.68 percent)
- Lockheed Martin Earnings: Revenues Driven By Sikorsky Inclusion While Earnings Fall Short @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) beat consensus revenue estimates while falling short on first quarter earnings. Revenues came in at around $360 million more than expected $11,702 million, while earnings per share came in a cent short of the consensus of $2.59 due to over a $100 million in severance expenses
- Do Changes At Wizard World Signal Trouble For The Fan Convention Business? @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
The billion-dollar fan convention business has been booming for the past few years. Are changes at one of the leading events companies a sign of market saturation or just a course-correction?
- Ford's Fields Posts Record Gains, But Still Searching for Growth Strategy @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Ford CEO Mark Fields is turning in exceptional financial results, but is still in search of the right recipe to impress investors. (Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images) Ford crushed Wall Street expectations by turning in a a 113-percent rise in net income and recording company records for global and North American
- HP's Chromebook 13 Brings Premium Build To Google's Low Cost Chrome For Work Platform @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Chromebooks and Chrome OS with Google's cloud services platform of apps, like its Docs, Sheets and Drive storage, continue to make inroads in the enterprise and other cost competitive markets like education. As a result, key computing OEMs like HP are continuing to flesh out Chromebook offerings that are more
- Can Movies Drive Disney's Revenue Growth In Future? @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
With the resounding success of Star Wars, which was released late last year, Disney‘s Studios division has had a great start to 2016. Released in early 2016, Zootopia surpassed the $ 900 million mark at the global box office in April this year and became the highest grossing March release
- Seventy Years Later Big Food Brings Organics Mainstream @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Back in 1947, J.I. Rodale founded the Soil and Health Foundation, later to be renamed the Rodale Institute in order to learn more about and teach the tenants of organic farming based on his theory that to preserve and improve our health, we must restore and protect the natural health
- Cheetah Mobile CEO Personally Invests $50 Million Into Robotics @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Cheetah Mobile has ambitious plans to go way beyond making mobile utility apps. The relatively unknown Chinese tech company has been quietly building up a massive user base of 635 million monthly active users from over 2.34 billion downloads. Cheetah has benefitted immensely from being pre-loaded on the Samsung Galaxy S6 …
- Why I'm Not Wild About C'Thun Invading The 'Hearthstone' Meta @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Whispers of the Old Gods is breathing new life into Hearthstone, but C'Thun is changing the metagame in some pretty strange ways.
- Box Office: 'Captain America: Civil War' Nabs Marvelous $14.9M Overseas Debut @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
The first overseas box office is in for 'Captain America: Civil War'.
- Infosys Launches Blockchain Framework For Financial Services @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Banks are not only interested in blockchain, but this year they have allocated funding for exploration and development, according to Infosys which has launched a framework to help them along.
- Has Apple Missed A Trick With iMessage? @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Apple has snubbed the messaging trend that Facebook is chasing. Now it can't capitalize on the enormous user base of iMessage at a time when it needs to bet bigger on web services.
- Seattle Mariners $1.4 Billion Sale Makes Atlanta Braves Owners Richer @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
They key question is how much of the enterprise value is attributable to the team's equity in its RSN.
- Questions Every Leader Must Ask To Run An Effective Organization @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
One of my most interesting jobs at eBay was trying to find a replacement for myself. No, I wasn’t going anywhere, but any great organization values the importance of succession planning.
- Apple Needs To Sharpen Its Focus @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Apple Inc.’s disappointing quarter has many people wondering whether the world’s most valuable company has lost its mojo. I am one of them. But my concern for the tech giant’s future is less about its financial results and more about Apple’s ability to maintain the brand promise that was responsible for the last 13 years …
- 'Kubo And The Two Strings' Gets An Enchanting Trailer @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Laika's films are distributed by Focus Features which is part of Universal/Comcast Corp. Comcast Corp. just paid $3.8 billion to acquire DreamWorks Animation.
- In Annual Letter, Sundar Pichai Says Computing, And Google, Will Be Driven By Artificial Intelligenc … @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images) Back in April 2004, when Larry Page and Sergey Brin wrote their first, and now famous, Founders' Letter (it opened with the bold-but-still-true: "Google is not a conventional company. We do not intend to become one.") Sundar Pichai was a new employee who …
- Comcast Paying Way Too Much For DreamWorks Animation @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Acquiring DWA at current prices not only destroys shareholder value, but implies significant synergies, which are often not realized upon completion of acquisitions.
- VTB Capital Sees Upside For Russia's Yandex, But Stock Too Hot To Handle @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Russia's version of Google raised its guidance for earnings this year, but Yandex execs are being modest in their forecasts for future growth.
- 3 Bargain REITs To Buy Now -- And 1 To Watch @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
The buy-the-headline crowd is at it again. This time, they’re dumping real estate investment trusts (REITs) based on a small uptick in 10-year bond yields. Earlier this week, the yield on the 10-year Treasury broke through 1.90% after moving in a range between 1.70% and 1.80% for the better part of
- Technologically Constrained Banks Face A Challenge From Agile Fintech Firms @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Banks are hampered by legacy systems, their culture and organizational silos, making it hard for them to compete with nimble fintech firms.
- PS4 Sales Are Only Accelerating @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
There's little question as to who is dominating this console generation. According to the company's recent financial briefing, the company sold 17.7 million PS4s in fiscal year 2015, up from 14.8 in fiscal year 2014. That acceleration is great news for a company moving Playstation closer to the center of
- From 'Matrix' To 'Hancock,' The Best Original Superhero Movies @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
To celebrate "National Superhero Day," I’d like to take a moment to discuss the very best original superhero movies in recent cinematic history.
- Western Union, Foxconn's and Prudential's Venture Arms Back Blockchain Firm Digital Currency Group @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
The undisclosed round of investment brings together incumbents interested in the opportunities provided by Bitcoin's blockchain technology with startups working in the space.
- Cross-border M&A Remain Resilient Despite Low Economic Growth @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Despite a turbulent quarter for the global economy and capital markets see-sawing amid volatile risk asset sentiment, cross-border M&A proved surprising resilient, with Chinese investors looking to snap up bargains in the United States, while North and Latin American companies looking to Europe for cheap opportunities, …
- Deadpool Photobombs Other Movies On ITunes @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Is nowhere safe?
- There Is No Good Way To Spin Nintendo's Mystifying NX And Zelda News @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Nintendo is releasing the NX later than anyone thought, not talking about it at E3, and delaying The Legend of Zelda to boot. What exactly is going on?
- Comcast To Buy DreamWorks Animation For $3.8 Billion As Hollywood Consolidates @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation, arrives at the world premiere of "Kung Fu Panda 3" at the TCL Chinese Theatre on Saturday, Jan. 16, 2016, in Los Angeles. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP) Following reports earlier this week that Comcast was in talks to purchase DreamWorks Animation, the cable giant …
- Intel's New Strategy Is The Right One For The Company @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Intel has been the focus of a lot of attention in the last week due to the company’s major restructuring announcement which came on the heels of Intel’s most recent earnings announcement. The majority of analyses that immediately followed the company’s announcement focused singularly on the layoffs, which amount to
- Brexit: A Supply Chain Perspective @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Last week, President Obama took a decisive public position against Britain’s potential exit from the European Union. His ‘letter from a friend’, published in The Telegraph, elicited words of rebuke from some including London’s mayor, Boris Johnson. The set-up language is appropriately generous about the shared goals and …