- 'Jason Bourne' Super Bowl Ad Reintroduces Matt Damon, Hopes You Forgot About 'Bourne Legacy' @ Forbes - 13 minutes ago
Video As promised, we now have our first look at the fifth Bourne movie. And as promised we now know what the name of said Bourne movie will be. Behold: Jason Bourne! That's not very clever. Yes, this is one of the last big summer 2016 movies to get a teaser
- 'The Jungle Book' Trailer Dares You Not To See It In 3D @ Forbes - 28 minutes ago
Video I was not expecting The Jungle Book to get the "enjoy this commercial, now go online for the second trailer" treatment that Captain America: The Winter Soldier got back in 2014. Alas, always expect the unexpected with the Mouse House. The one thing that really stood out about this trailer, which obviously
- '10 Cloverfield Lane' Super Bowl Trailer: We're The Only 'Normal' Movie Advertising Tonight! @ Forbes - 58 minutes ago
Video We knew Paramount was dropping a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows spot, but this 10 Cloverfield Lane commercial was a surprise. And considering A) the movie wasn't really announced until about three weeks ago and B) that $5 million-per-30 seconds price tag means the commercial probably cost 1/3-to-1/2 …
- Don't Watch This Spoiler-Ish 'Deadpool' Super Bowl Ad @ Forbes - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Video My review for Deadpool will drop in the morning. The embargo dropped last night at 9:00 pm but I got tied up with "life" and decided not to rush it to make the opening rush of pre-release reviews. But since the embargo is up, I can say that you should immediately cease-and-desist
- 'Captain America: Civil War' Super Bowl Ad Forces The Avengers To Choose A Side @ Forbes - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
Video Well, I guess we did end up with a Captain America: Civil War Super Bowl commercial after all, even if it's before the big game. We got one for Captain America: The Winter Soldier back in 2014, which in turn led right into the second trailer for the film, but
- With 'Super-Duper Bingo,' Progressive Gets Role In Super Bowl Ads--Without The Expense @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Progressive Insurance is trying to have it both ways this weekend: tap into the excitement around Super Bowl advertising without ponying up the reported $5 million for 30 seconds of TV time during the Big Game. The company believes the way to do it is to grab the attention of the
- FANG Stocks And Apple: Cash Flows And Valuation Analysis @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
This article dives in the FANG stocks and Apple’s cash flow and stock valuations.
- Cisco Finds Global Mobile Users Growing 2X Faster Than Global Population @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
More people will have mobile phones (5.4B) than electricity (5.3B), running water (3.5B) and cars (2.8B) by 2020. By 2020, over 75% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video, making this category the highest growth rate of any mobile application. By 2020, 4G connections will account for 72% of total
- In 2015, The Best And Worst Super Bowl Commercials Were From Rival Video Games @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Video Every year, most of the population watches the Super Bowl for the game itself, while a portion tunes in mainly for the multi-million dollar budgeted commercials. There’s always a best of/worst of period of reflection afterward, and last year presented something of an interesting situation. The best commercial, and …
- Investment Grade Bonds Are A Great Opportunity @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
The recent spread widening between Investment Grade bonds and the U.S. Treasury curve has been significant and may present a compelling buying opportunity for high quality IG bonds. Year to date, U.S. corporate bonds rated AA have compiled a total return of 1.13% while those rated BBB have returned -0.22%.
- Big Data Underwater, Pizza Ordering IoT Appliances @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Video Microsoft wants to build its data centers under water in an effort to decrease latency and reduce energy consumption. This would also provide fodder for a neat National Geographic show, “Fixing Crazy Data Centers 1,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea”… Robotic milking machines with laser-guided suction cups and advanced Internet …
- How Chipotle Moved Slow Food Values Into Fast Food Retail @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
It’s early morning in Denver, Colorado. Steve Ells, a gourmet chef and the founder of a new taco place called Chipotle, is driving his car to the wholesale grocers. It’s about 6 am on a Tuesday morning and the sun still rises behind him, an orange glow across the Arapahoe plains. Each morning,
- Celebrate Bob Marley's Birthday With Marley Marijuana @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Marley Marijuana hits the market just in time to celebrate Bob Marley's birthday.
- Box Office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops Weak Super Bowl Weekend, 'Jane Got A Gun' Takes Record Plunge @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
'Kung Fu Panda 3' image courtesy of DreamWorks The top movie of Friday and thus Super Bowl weekend is Kung Fu Panda 3. But that's where the good news ends. The DreamWorks Animation toon earned $21 million on its second weekend, dropping 48%, to bring its cume to $69.05m. For comparison,
- Super Bowl Ads And YouTube In Prehistoric Times: AKA 2006 @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Video "I'm just here for the ads," is a Super Bowl party phrase going the way of the cave drawing. When media anthropologist look for the signs, Super Bowl XL, 10 years and two days ago, will be a critical moment in the dawning of a new advertising epoch. And like almost everything in digital
- Bear Growls as Global Economy Slows @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
In bear markets, surprises happen to the downside.
- Central Banks' Policy: A Scary Similarity Between Now And The Late 1920s @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Central banks will keep the global economy going, until the next financial crisis leads to another global depression
- China Rubs West's Nose In It Over Dog Meat Brutality And Breed-Name Chauvinism @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
China is notorious for eating dog-meat. It is also notorious for the skill with which it separates Westerners from their ethics. Is this why the world dog federation has decreed that the 2019 World Dog Show will be held in Shanghai?
- 'Star Wars' Box Office: 'The Force Awakens' Takes 53 Whole Days To Top $2 Billion Worldwide @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Walt Disney Star Wars: The Force Awakens has now officially crossed the $2 billion mark at the worldwide box office. With $13.89m worldwide this weekend, the Walt Disney blockbuster brings its worldwide total up to $2.008b worldwide. That makes it the third movie in history to reach said milestone and just
- Box Office: 'Hail, Caesar!' Tops 'The Choice,' 'Pride, Prejudice, And Zombies' On Super Bowl Weekend @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
'Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies' image courtesy of Screen Gems This is the weekend box office report for the new releases. It will mostly be repetition from yesterday's post since the analysis didn't change much, and frankly, nobody read the Friday post. Hail, Caesar!, the newest Coen brothers comedy, is the top newbie
- Insurer Obamacare Losses Reach Billions Of Dollars After Two Years @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
After two years offering uninsured Americans subsidized products on public exchanges, health insurance companies have been hard-pressed to find financial success in this segment of the Affordable Care Act with losses reaching billions of dollars for the industry. UnitedHealth Group (UNH) lost more than $720 million on its …
- As New Hampshire Votes, Obama Will Ask Congress To Double The Investment In Clean Tech @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
While New Hampshire’s voters are going to the polls on Tuesday, President Obama will be submitting his 2017 budget, which calls for a 15 percent annual increase in the funding over five years that would go toward clean energy investments. It’s all part of the commitment that the president gave
- Clinton Stokes Fears Of Russians Coming To The Baltics, When They're Actually Leaving @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
If President, Hillary Clinton will promote a neo-conservative idea that the Russians are coming. In the Baltics, where she says the Kremlin is being aggressive, the Russians are actually leaving.
- Does The Stock Market Have You Singing The Blues? @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Unlike the investors' relaxed confidence the first half of last year, nervous uncertainty rules the stock market. But prices are down, even for good growth stocks. Here's how to take advantage.
- The Best Of The 2016 Celebrity Super Bowl Ads @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
A list of 40 ads around Super Bowl 50 that feature celebrities, plus clips of the best.
- Super Bowl 50 Shuts Down Drone Traffic In Silicon Valley @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
On Super Bowl Sunday, the Valley will be off limits to unmanned autonomous aircraft, otherwise known as drones.
- Week Ahead In Earnings: Insiders bought At RetailMeNot & Sold At Stamps.com @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 7:30 PM EST
In honor of what’s coming for the week of Feb. 8, I took a look at what InsiderScore said about recent notable insider transactions ahead of earnings.
- The Best E-Commerce Stock Is Not Amazon @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 5:38 PM EST
If you think you’re too late to profit from e-commerce bonanza, think again. Because even though the first web-based purchase was made more than 20 years ago, online shopping is still growing at a breathtaking pace, with a 15% expansion in 2015 alone. But despite that fast growth, web-based purchases only made
- 1 Big Oil Dividend To Buy And 3 To Avoid @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 3:36 PM EST
At first glance this looks like a terrible time to buy energy stocks. Oil prices are at historic lows, demand has pulled back, inventories are climbing, and global manipulators like OPEC and Iran are doing little to help. But contrarian investing is successful because we invest against the herd and simple
- Is It Time For Technology To Replace A Car's Side Mirrors? @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 3:00 PM EST
The venerable side mirror could be the next vehicle feature to get relegated to the dust bin thanks to video camera systems that provide a better view and save fuel by making a car more aerodynamic.
- DC's Next Crossover Is Obvious: 'Legends of Tomorrow' Meets 'Gotham' @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 2:22 PM EST
This week, executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg announced that two of their shows, The Flash and Supergirl, were crossing over, despite being on different channels. The CW’s Barry Allen (The Flash) will speed on over to meet up with Kara Danvers on CBS’ Supergirl for an episode called
- Believe It Or Not, 'The Division' Is As Big As 'Fallout 4' @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 12:10 PM EST
Video The Division’s map has been brought up as a point of concern for a while now, ever since Ubisoft announced that the final game was going to contain a lot of less of Manhattan than anticipated, and other areas like Brooklyn were being cut as well, presumably for future DLC. As
- What's Haunting Kohl's? @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 11:31 AM EST
Kohl’s has been placing too much emphasis on pushing credit card memberships at the cash register rather than selling its core merchandise.
- Box Office: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Crosses $900M, 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops Friday @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 11:30 AM EST
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' image courtesy of Walt Disney The top movie of Friday and thus Super Bowl weekend is Kung Fu Panda 3. The DreamWorks Animation toon earned $5.2 million on its second Friday, dropping 49% from last Friday, to bring its cume to $53.25m. Expect a $22m second
- Box Office: 'Hail Caesar!,' With George Clooney And Channing Tatum, Tops Newbies With $4.3M Friday @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST
'Hail, Caesar!' image courtesy of Universal The biggest new release of the weekend is Hail, Caesar! Universal/Comcast Corp. released this Coen brothers offering in a somewhat unconventional weekend, which led some to worry about its quality. Silly us, as it’s just as delightful, wonky, and subtly thoughtful as any of their …
- Apple's Arrogance Exposed As Controversial Error 53 Bricks iPhones @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 10:43 AM EST
It's rare that you see a company highlighting its own flaws when everything is going perfectly. Once you apply some pressure, you reveal the frayed edges, the blurred lines, and both the real and the perceived faults. Apple's Error 53 offers a crucial look at what drives Apple.
- Is Another European Bank Crisis Starting? @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST
European banks, which have seen equity prices under pressure for some time saw those declines accelerate recently. More dangerous, with a greater possibility of impacting global markets is the rapid deterioration in the bond market. Complex "hybrid" instruments like CoCo's have been most heavily hit, but bank credit spreads …
- The Week Ahead: Is This The Stock Market's Secret Weapon? @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 9:23 AM EST
The bumpy ride for the stock market has continued in February as the upside reversal on Wednesday failed to stimulate much new buying. Still it was supportive that the major averages were able to recover substantially from the Wednesday lows as after Tuesday's drop the bearish sentiment had spiked as there was heavy put …
- 5 Biggest Things In Tech You Missed This Week: 2/6/16 @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 9:01 AM EST
Here are five things that happened in the world of technology this past week and why they’re important for your business (and mine). Did you miss them?
- Apple Was One Decision Away From Not Making Its Revenue Guidance @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 8:30 AM EST
If Apple had not received the $548 million patent infringement payment it could have missed its revenue guidance.
- No This Isn't The Dot-Com Bust All Over Again, But The Parallels Are Uncomfortable @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 7:35 AM EST
The carnage at LinkedIn is just the latest sign of trouble in the tech markets, both public and private. While 2016 isn't yet a carbon copy of 2000, there are some disturbing parallels between the two that have investors of all stripes getting very uncomfortable.
- New Study Shows Surprising Impact Of Netflix On Your Love Life @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 6:00 AM EST
"Show compatibility" turns out to be an important part of building--and maintaining--romantic relationships in your life.
- Tesla Model X 'Unbuildable,' Business Model 'Upside Down': Chevy Volt Guy Bob Lutz Doubles Down @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 5:52 AM EST
Bob Lutz with Chevy Volt concept in 2007. Lutz said in 2007 that the 'electrification of the automobile is inevitable.' (Photo Credit: Lutz Communications) This week Bob Lutz, former GM vice chairman, had his harshest words yet for Tesla. "Tesla's business model is upside down...their costs have always been higher than …
- Stock Week Ahead: Will Stronger Retail Sales Follow Mixed Jobs Data? @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 5:00 AM EST
Stocks wrapped the trading week on wobbly footing as investors digested a decidedly mixed reading on the U.S. job market and a fleeting short-term recovery for oil prices tied to a weaker dollar. Economic uncertainty and the pacing of a Federal Reserve response to hot-and-cold economic news will likely continue to
- Super Bowl 50 Fans: Join The Huge Social Media Party On Sunday @ Forbes - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 2:38 AM EST
Super Bowl 50's second screen on social media will be a blast. Here are some pointers for fans and businesses.
- Apple Loop: Apple Bricks Your iPhone, Major iPhone 7 Leaks, Alphabet Fights Apple @ Forbes - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 6:56 PM EST
This week’s Apple Loop includes the leaked details of Apple's March 15th launch event, the leaked blueprints of the iPad Air 3, a refresh of the Apple Watch peripherals, the two design flaws Apple is removing from the iPhone 7, a potential third iPhone 7 'Imaging' model, Apple and Alphabet trading market cap records, Airmail …
- Android Circuit: Apple's Android Mistake, Samsung Confirms New Galaxy Phone, Google's Browser Wars @ Forbes - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 6:32 PM EST
This week’s Android Circuit includes the launch date of #TheNextGalaxy, Samsung accidentally confirming the S7 Edge, the updated Apple Music for Android app, BlackBerry's commitment to Android, Marshmallow's market share of Android, Samsung and Google kick off the new browser wars and the ad blocking wars in one week, and …
- 24 Ways To Save, Find And Earn Extra Money With Minimal Effort @ Forbes - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 6:04 PM EST
What would you do with an extra $100?
- Tech Stocks Sacked Before The Silicon Valley Super Bowl @ Forbes - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 5:11 PM EST
Sky-high multiples are getting slashed and good results aren't good enough. Mr. Market has changed his mind about tech stocks.
- The Rational Case for $700 Gold @ Forbes - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:38 PM EST
Gold has been a core trade for a lot of people throughout the crisis period. When Lehman failed in 2008, it shook the world, global credit froze, banks were on the verge of collapse, the global economy was on the brink of implosion – people ran into gold. Gold was a fear-of-the-unknown-outcome trade. Then the global central …