- Ebay To Break Up With PayPal As Icahn Push Finally Bears Fruit @ Forbes - 34 minutes ago
After nasty fight with Carl Icahn, EBay will follow his plan to spin off PayPal after all.
- Three Cheap Closed-End Funds For Your Bond Portfolio @ Forbes - 38 minutes ago
Irrational market activity within closed-end bond funds has set up a fantastic buying opportunity for patient investors. As background, over the past few years, retail investors have poured nearly $30 billion into new IPOs of fixed income closed-end funds in a hunt for yield. Yet, many of those same individuals have [. …
- GoPro Keeps Confounding Short Sellers, Woodman Gets Richer @ Forbes - 45 minutes ago
GoPro's surging stock has attracted short sellers, but betting against the company has been a big loser.
- Have We Reached Peak Tablet Sales Growth? @ Forbes - 47 minutes ago
Worldwide tablet computer sales, thought to be the next area of significant growth for the technology industry, may have peaked in the first half of this year. According to a new report from ABI Research, a Long Island-based research firm, tablet sales are set to increase only 2.5% in 2014 versus [...]
- 'Shadow of Mordor' And The Benefits Of Being Underhyped @ Forbes - 53 minutes ago
Today may mark the official kick-off of "big fall games that aren't Destiny" season, with the release of Warner Bros.' Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The game has already surprised many critics, and in turn, surprised many fans who found the reviews that went up after a very early pre-launch embargo to [...]
- As Walgreen Goes Global, U.S. Medicare Pressures Remain @ Forbes - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
As Walgreen works through managing expenses and costs related to its global expansion from the acquisition of European pharmacy Alliance Boots, the company’s top executives said “headwinds” still lay ahead back in the U.S. In particular, Walgreen chief executive officer Greg Wasson said this morning the company faces lower …
- Disney Won't Split 'Avengers 3' Into Two Films Because They Don't Have To @ Forbes - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Succinct headlines aside, I suppose it's possible that Marvel and Walt Disney will decide to split what is supposed to be Avengers 3 into Avengers 3.1 and Avengers 3.2. Said rumor was dropped into the swirly rumor mill courtesy of a little-known site called The Daily Marvelite. The rumor stated that the planned galaxy-spanning …
- The Top 5 Super Robust Cases For Your iPhone 6 @ Forbes - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Video The structural integrity of Apple's iPhone 6 may or may not be susceptible to a pair of skinny jeans and a sturdy armchair. But one thing is for sure, you shouldn’t purchase a device that costs more than a medium-end laptop without protecting it in some way or another. The phone case industry [...]
- 3 Reasons To Avoid EBay Shares Post PayPal Spinoff @ Forbes - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Is a win for Carl Icahn a loss for everyone else? After all, if Icahn calls for a company to buy back shares, pay a dividend, or split itself into pieces he has surely been placing bets on what those calls will do to the target's stock. When he makes the [...]
- The youngest billionaires on the Forbes 400: 11 under 40 Forbes - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- Gap Inc's Social Media: Selling Feminism And Equality, Not T-Shirts @ Forbes - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Take a look at Gap Inc's social media presence and you'll see the 45-year-old retail giant has been carefully cultivating a web presence focused on feminism, equal pay and progressive values.
- Forex: Euro Slumps To New Low @ Forbes - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
The U.S. dollar’s remarkable rally over the past three months appears to be nearing its end. The greenback is still in a position of strength over a basket of currencies, and it registered a two-year high against the embattled euro on Tuesday. The 18-member single unit’s fall briefly penetrated the psychological €1.26 handle …
- Will Honduras's New Trade Deal With Canada Spur Economic Growth? @ Forbes - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
Canada and Honduras now have a free trade pact. In a recent article for The PanAm Post, Adriana Peralta explained, “After a decade of negotiations, Canada and Honduras have finally achieved a bilateral free-trade agreement (FTA), including tariff-free status for 98 percent of goods categories. The agreement is set to go …
- The Psychology Of Selling And Why You Will Spend More Money With Apple @ Forbes - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
You don't get to be the world's largest publicly traded company without understanding how to maximise income and revenue. With a market capitalisation of over $600 billion, Tim Cook and his team show no signs of stopping in the near future. Behind the success are a number of simple techniques designed to delight the customer …
- More Moves In The Cloud Price War--Atlantic.net Launches 99 Cent Servers @ Forbes - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
One thing is sure in the infrastructure space and that is that prices are continuously trending downwards – it’s one of the irrefutable rules of the industry that the vendors keep moving in lockstep with each other to drop prices. Normally the price drops we hear about come from the bigger [...]
- 4K Projection Gets Cheap: Hands On With The Sony VPL-VW300ES @ Forbes - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Sony underlines its status as the only 4K projector player in town in emphatic style.
- Steve Ballmer's Zesty New Life: $23.5 Billion And An NBA Team @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
After three decades in Bill Gates' shadow, former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has a seven-point plan to reinvent himself on a scale worthy of America's 18th-richest person.
- Victoria's Other Secret: The Low-Key Billionaire Behind The Lingerie Giant @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
The man who has a hammerlock on the bra, panties and undergarment industry is an insecure Midwesterner who shuns the spotlight. In a rare interview, he explains the retail formula that paved the way for Steve Jobs.
- Intel's Basis Announces Its New Wearable To Track Your Health All The Time @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Intel has been on a bit of a wearables kick lately. Its New Devices Group, run by former Apple and Palm exec Mike Bell, has been busy partnering with the likes of Fossil and Opening Ceremony over the past year. But it also made an acquisition of fitness tracker Basis in March 2014 [...]
- Ford Europe Return To Profit Delayed, Long-term Forecast Cut @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
It’s back to the drawing board for those investors who thought Ford Europe might be in the black anytime soon. Yesterday’s announcement from Dearborn, Mich. that Ford Motor Co had slashed its profit forecast for 2014 to $6billion from a $7billion to $8billion range included news that Ford Europe would lose [...]
- It's Very Difficult To See How George Osborne's Google Tax Could Possibly Be Legal @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer over here in the UK, has just announced at the Conservative party conference that he'll be changing the tax laws to make sure that Google and other tech multinationals (Facebook, Microsoft, possibly Apple, among them) end up paying more tax to the UK [...]
- If Apple's 2% Irish Tax Deal Is Illegal, Fines Could Be Billions @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Apple Faces Billions in Fines if a Formal EU Investigation Concludes its Irish Tax Deal Was 'Special' Amounting to an Illegal Deal.
- Energy Markets Are Attempting Another Rebound @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
U.S. oil and natural gas are attempting to rally again after their false breakout in late-August.
- Apple's iPhone 6 And 6 Plus To Go On Sale In China On October 17 @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Apple announced that it would start selling iPhone 6's in China starting on Friday, October 17.
- On The Heels Of Bendgate, BlackBerry Eyes Single-Hand Device @ Forbes - 12 hours ago
The bleeding has stopped, giving BlackBerry the space to stop trying so hard to regain its former glory and experiment with new projects that may just wind up being sleeper successes.
- Former Wells Fargo Employees Charged With Insider Trading On Analyst Research Reports @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
Perhaps signaling new scrutiny on what has been described as the "netherworld" of Wall Street, the Securities and Exchange Commission has charged two former Wells Fargo employees with violating federal securities laws by using knowledge of nonpublic impending analyst upgrades or downgrades in certain securities to generate …
- Report: A Guide To Boosting Solar Energy Demand @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
How can solar become the largest source of electricity in the world one day? The International Energy Agency released two reports on Monday to tell you how. The two reports outline the technology improvements and policies needed to make solar a big part of the world's energy production by 2050. While equipment [...]
- Ford Launches Lincoln Brand In China @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
Ford Motor Co. is launching sales of the Lincoln brand in China at the end of October, making Lincoln an important ingredient in its plans for higher volume and higher profits worldwide by around 2020. The China launch is the latest step in Lincoln’s latest makeover, according to Ford Investor Day [...]
- FireChat Prepares Encryption Feature As It Drives Hong Kong Protests @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
The chat app that’s helping connect student protesters in Hong Kong with cellular or WiFi connection also plans to verify user names in the next few weeks.
- iPhone 6 Plus Vs. LG G3 Is No Slam-Dunk For the iPhone @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
For the past week I've been carrying an iPhone 6 Plus in one pocket and the G3 in another and -- after extensive use of both -- I can see how each would have its fans and detractors. Both are excellent phones and while there is no clear winner, I'm leaning [...]
- Vietnam Market Analysis With Asia Frontier Capital Vietnam Fund @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
Andreas Vogelsanger, CEO of Asia Frontier Capital Vietnam (AFC Vietnam), is bullish on Vietnam. The parent company to his fund, Asia Frontier Capital, is a public equity investment outfit that invests in emerging and frontier public equity markets across Asia in its Asia Frontier Fund. Mr. Vogelsanger works closely with …
- Forbes 400: Richest Americans Facing Tougher Competition In China Business Forbes - 15 hours ago
What’s ahead for these big U.S. Jarrett is a long-time China hand and former consul generate of the U.S. Q. Some standout members of our new Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans have been facing a tough year in China. What’s behind that? One, you have a slowdown in the Chinese economy. It hasn’t really picked …
- Teens Share Video Of Themselves Testing Bendgate In Apple Store @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Video Just when one would think that the goofiness around “Bendgate” was over along comes a pair of teenagers with a video of them running rampant through an Apple Store trying to bend the display models of the iPhone 6 – and then bragging about it. The teens, a pair named Cudy [...]
- Financial COOs Are Rodney Dangerfields No More -- Finally Get Some Respect @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
Financial firms are relying on their COOs to take the lead in regulatory compliance and market structure shifts.
- Deals That Disappear: Could A Snapchat Model Be The Holy Grail for The Hotels Industry? @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
Ever since the dawn of the internet, airlines, hotels, rental cars and any other industries relying on the complex business of yield management have been struggling with an innate dilemma. Empty seats are to airlines what vacant beds are to hotel groups: wasted inventory and spurned opportunities for income. That problem …
- Ford Slammed On Lowered Profit Guidance And Product Recall @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Shares of Ford skidded deep into the red Monday afternoon after comments during the company's investor day revealed that the automaker is lowering its full-year profit guidance and expects to record a more-than $1 billion loss in its European operations this year.
- Big Splash For Alibaba Options @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Options on recent IPO Alibaba (BABA) were actively traded as derivatives dealing began Monday. The stock attracted overall option volume of 122,000 contracts in its first day, which was impressive at least in contrast to GoPro’s option debut where volume was notably absent at the start. Despite a closing 1.95% loss [.. …
- Dollar Store Foot Traffic Jumps 14% As Millennials Shop Deep Discounters @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
f anyone is still wondering what’s behind the bidding war for Family Dollar, look no further than this little fact: visits to dollar stores were up 14 percent last quarter. Yes, 14 percent.
- Forbes 400: Why Walmart's Waltons Are The Poster Children For Minimum Wage Reform @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Anyone wondering why Walmart is so often the target of angry protests regarding wages and benefits, need look no further than this year’s Forbes Wealthiest list.
- Listening to Unhappy Customers Can Turn Them Into Happy Ones @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
The use of social media to engage customers has been a top priority for marketers over the last several years. According to a 2013 study by the University of Marketing Research, 77% of successful U.S. companies use Twitter and 70% use Facebook to communicate with customers. Companies however are slowly [...]
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Rated Best Ever Camera Phones In Respected Benchmark, But With Some Unexpected … @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Camera, Benchmark
- Get More By Paying Less For Your Funds @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Get more, pay less. This promise has people jumping in most areas of life. A bottle of Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru for the price of two-buck Chuck. A penthouse suite instead of a motel room. A free flight upgrade to first class. All of these decisions are no-brainers, so [...]
- Micron Debuts M600 Series Solid State Drives With 16nm NAND and Dynamic Write Acceleration @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Micron recently announced its latest family of consumer-class solid state drives, targeting desktop and mobile form factors, dubbed the M600. Like a number of Micron’s previous offerings, M600 solid state drives leverage Marvell controller technology, linked to Micron’s own NAND flash memory and customized firmware. In …
- Whoops. 2015 Corvettes Come With Illegal Spying Feature. @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
While engineers may have thought a "baby monitor" for the car was a great idea, lawyers apparently didn't review the feature closely.
- Microsoft Launches Xbox One In China Today @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Microsoft's Xbox One will be the first console the company has ever sold in China following a 14-year ban on foreign console sales.
- You Can't Have A Windows 9 Without Windows 8 @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
The idea that you have to have Windows 8 before Windows 9 is obvious from the sheer logic of the naming convention—of course 9 comes after 8. Beyond the naming, though, the latest Windows operating system, which is expected to be unveiled by Microsoft at an event in San Francisco [...]
- Nine Unexpected Applications Of Apple Watch @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
Apple recently announced the Apple Watch concept with much fanfare. The reviews so far are mixed, but I wanted to put Apple Watch to the test. So, as I did with Google Glass when it was announced, I engaged my virtual ideas company, Ideasicle, with the task of coming up with [...]
- With Sales Sputtering, Toyota Seeks Broader Appeal For Prius Line @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
Video Toyota faces dual challenges in attempting to turn around its iconic Prius hybrid franchise these days with a new ad campaign. The brand has become commoditized amid a bevy of competing hybrids. And mainstream Americans don't really care about electrified vehicles anymore unless they're named "Tesla." Hybrids still …
- Adidas Expands UFC Presence With Luke Rockhold Partnership @ Forbes - 22 hours ago
UFC fighter Luke Rockhold joins Robbie Lawler as Mixed Martial Arts stars endorsing Adidas' Combat Sports Division.
- Bright Idea: Navy Turns To Ohio-Based Energy Focus Inc. For An Illuminating Breakthrough @ Forbes - 22 hours ago
Every once in a while I come across a new technology application in the defense arena that is so elegant I wonder why somebody didn't think of it sooner. Energy Focus, Inc., (NASDAQ: EFOI) a small business headquartered outside Cleveland, seems to have come up with such a breakthrough, and [...]