- LinkedIn Reports Solid Third Quarter Ahead Of Microsoft Merger @ Forbes - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
LinkedIn reported solid third quarter results with revenue and and earnings that beat estimates, about five months after Microsoft announced it would buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in cash.
- NXP Acquisition Vaults Qualcomm To Pole Position In Automotive Semiconductors @ Forbes - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Qualcomm acquisition of NXP for approximately $38 billion produces a silicon colossus in the fast-growing connected car space.
- Why T. Boone Pickens Is Betting On Natural Gas Vehicles @ Forbes - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
Fracking has produced a surge in oil and gas production that has helped push the price of oil down more than 65% since it peaked at $147 in 2008. In the near-term, OPEC struggles to cut production in order to get oil prices back above $50. But Bruce Pile says that in the longer-term, the natural evolution of fracking will …
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Loses $3 Billion In An Hour After Amazon Misses On Earnings @ Forbes - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
A drop in Amazon's stock price shaved $3 billion off CEO Jeff Bezos' net worth on Thursday, after Amazon missed analysts' third quarter earnings estimates.
- Coca-Cola's Organic Revenue Grows 3% In Q3; Results Marred By Structural Changes @ Forbes - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
The Coca-Cola Company reported its Q3 results on October 26, and it was another quarter where negative currency translations and structural changes hindered top line growth. Organic revenue rose 3% year-over-year in Q3, but net revenue declined 7% due to a 2 percentage point impact of currency fluctuations and a
- Shares Rise As Alphabet's Third Quarter Earnings Beat Expectations @ Forbes - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
Google's parent company Alphabet reported strong third quarter financial results Thursday, beating expectations for both revenue and earnings per share. The results mark one year since the company's reorganization under Alphabet, which created separate subsidiaries from the search giant's advertising business.
- Amazon Misses Wide On Earnings As Shares Plummet @ Forbes - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Heading into its holiday quarter, the Seattle-based online retailer announced earnings that missed wide of analysts' forecasts, sending shares down more than 6% in after-hours trading.
- The Woman At The Center Of The Biggest Biotech IPO Of The Year @ Forbes - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
Lynn Seely, the CEO of Myovant Sciences, talks to Forbes about the company she just led onto the New York Stock Exchange.
- The 5 Lamest Excuses For Obamacare's 22% Premium Hike @ Forbes - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
On Monday, the Obama administration announced that premiums in Obamacare’s insurance exchanges would increase by an average of 22 percent in 2017. That’s far worse than what many observers had expected. But the biggest surprise hasn’t been Obamacare’s rate hikes. It has been the implausible excuses the President and his …
- Hands-On With The New MacBook Pro @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
New Macbook Pro (photo by Larry Magid) Cupertino, Calif -- A few minutes standing in front of a computer are not enough for a full-fledged review but they did give me a chance to at least get a feel for the new MacBook Pro models introduced today by Apple. What I did find is
- Google To Spin Off Self-Driving Car Business @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Google's self-driving cars business is graduating from its experimental phase and ready to compete in the broader market against other provider of autonomous vehicle technologies.
- Uber Unveils Ambitious Vision For Network Of On-Demand Flying Cars @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
The ride-hailing company has a plan to help commuters overcome congested roadways, literally
- Burrito Blues: Chipotle's Comeback Proves Elusive A Year After E. Coli Outbreak @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
People still don't trust the chain.
- 'Touch Bar' Spices Up New MacBook Pro Keyboard For An Extra $300 @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Apple's latest top-of-the-line MacBook Pro laptops have a touching surprise.
- This Connected Jacket Provides VIP Access to Exclusive New York City Events @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Need an idea for a unique gift this holiday season? How about a Rochambeau jacket that unlocks access to exclusive dining, art, retail and fashion experiences, directly through its own sleeve?
- 'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection' Is Free On Xbox One @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Two remastered 'Borderlands' games are free for Xbox One owners this weekend.
- Tesla Meets Its Delivery Targets And Reports An Operating Profit @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) reported earnings for the third quarter of fiscal year 2016 on Wednesday, October 26th. In the July-September period, the company delivered 24,821 vehicles, 16,047 of which were Model S deliveries and 8,774 were Model X. According to the company, 5,065 vehicles were still in transit by
- Natural Gas Prices Down Nearly 20% In Two Weeks @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Natural gas prices have fallen by 17% since I urged caution two weeks ago. Today I provide an update, and provide some investment ideas.
- Apple Debuts New TV App, Live Sports Search @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Apple wants to own more of your television watching experience.
- No Signs Of Profit Taking In VIX ETFs @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
The VIX index has increased every day this week. As I wrote about this weekend in Doubling Down On VIX, we saw inflows into UVXY, TVIX and VXX in spite of VIX falling. This week, with VIX rising, we have actually seen the shares outstanding increase. VXX, UVXY and TVIX Change in Shares
- Still A Value Trap, Ford Delivers Another Depressing Quarter @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Ford’s results this morning gave me a powerful flashback as to why I am no longer a sell-side autos analyst. On the surface, the numbers were fine, and Ford managed to eke out a few extra pennies in the EPS line--$0.26 vs. $0.20 analyst consensus--so the talking heads on CNBC
- Marijuana Stocks Light Up Before Election @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
With nine states voting to legalize marijuana in some form, many investors are betting these cannabis companies will benefit. The Marijuana Index has more than doubled in the last month and half and that was largely driven by volume.
- Could Whiting Petroleum Reemerge As A Takeover Target? @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
One analyst thinks the Denver oil and gas company is attractive takeout bait given its reduced debt and low valuation.
- Why Is Nintendo Only Revealing Switch Details Two Months Before Release? @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Nintendo has announced when they will discuss more details about the Switch, and it isn't until January 2017, about two months before the console's supposed release.
- Elon Musk Surprises Wall Street With Tesla Profits @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Yesterday, Tesla reported a profit for the third quarter. Wall Street did not expect this and the stock started the day up over 2%. In June, Gorden Lam told us that “The Catalyst For Tesla Is Production.” I checked in with him to see what he thought of Tesla’s report.
- Amazon.com Is Amazing, But I Say Its Stock Is A "Sell" @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
If Amazon.com ($AMZN) isn’t the best company in this generation, then I think it has to be in the top few. By best, I mean the ability to create and build and entirely new business and to continue to build on it long after the initial concept (selling books over
- Does GlaxoSmithKline's Sales Surge Make It An Unmissable 'Buy'? @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
GlaxoSmithKline’s latest trading update has smashed broker forecasts. But should you pile in at current share prices?
- The Future Of Supply Chain Planning @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Over the past six months, a revolution has begun in the world of planning. New technologies for enhanced visibility offer previously unimaginable granularity, timeliness and subtlety in both demand and supply awareness. At the same time, faster, richer and most amazingly, self-teaching analytical methods are increasingly …
- New Galaxy S8 Challenge As Samsung Reveals Note 7 Damage @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Samsung's third-quarter earnings illustrate the huge impact that the Galaxy Note 7 issues have had on the South Korean company. Year-on-year profits are down by a third, year-on-year revenue has dropped by thirty percent. The exploding batteries on the popular phablet has gifted Samsung a gaping chasm in its smartphone …
- Earnings: Big Names On The Docket Including AMZN, LNKD And The Sagging Sales Sagas Of XOM And CVX @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
The next two days are jam-packed with quarterly results from some of the biggest and most recognizable companies. Amazon (AMZN), the world’s largest e-commerce site is among the post-session Thursday releases, but it’s not the retail results that analysts say they are most interested in seeing. It’s the cloud-based operations …
- Is 'Destiny's Festival of the Lost Event Actually 'Greedier' Than Last Year's? @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Destiny has brought back Festival of the Lost for Halloween this year, but some fans aren't thrilled about the microtransaction-based changes that have been made to the event.
- Overseas Box Office Is Saving The Lower Budget, Star-Driven Franchise @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
You can play the "bombed in North America but scored overseas" game if your movie was cheap enough.
- Does Nissan Decision To Invest In British Plant Show Bluff Was Called? @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Nissan Motor Co’s decision to build two new SUVs at its British factory shows the company, which had threatened to curb investment in the country if Brexit negotiations undermined its profits, was in a much weaker position than its aggressive attitude suggested.
- This Year's Biggest U.S. IPO? A Chinese Delivery Company, ZTO Express @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
This is the biggest U.S. IPO by a Chinese company since Alibaba.
- Big Data Hits The Campaign Trail @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Big Data analytics has been changing business for a while, as I have chronicled. Now it is playing an increasingly large role in the election cycle, helping campaigns see the near future more clearly. Public polls show Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton cruising toward a win in the 2016 presidential contest. The
- Spooky Times For Fast-Casual Restaurants, But Friendly Spirits Are Lurking For Diners And Staff @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Anyone keeping an eye on restaurant chains' results this week before Halloween would be forgiven for wanting to hide under a bed, with earnings falling and restaurants closing. But analysts can see a few treats for diners and restaurant staff.
- Is Apple Hiding A Spectacular iPhone For 2017? @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Will the 2017 iPhone be a spectacular new device?
- 'Angel Has Fallen': Gerald Butler's Franchise Becomes First 'Die Hard' Knock-Off To Spawn A Trilogy @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
Gerald Butler's Mike Banning gets a trilogy, proving once again the wisdom of the rip off over the remake.
- Ford Profit Falls By Half As The Road Gets Tougher, But Beats Wall Street Expectations @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
The launch of the high-margin Super Duty pickup, along with a $600 million recall, weighed down the company's profits in the third quarter.
- Will Activision Blizzard's First Show 'Skylanders Academy' Help Fight Toy-To-Life Fatigue? @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Activision Blizzard's in-house studio debuts its first show on Netflix with hopes of combating the declining toys-to-life market.
- Qualcomm To Buy NXP Semiconductors For $38 Billion @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
It's the largest chip deal ever.
- Obamacare Woes Aside, Aetna Profits Rise From Other Government Business @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Aetna’s net income rose nearly 8% to $603.9 million in the third quarter thanks to strong government business growth including expanded Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Long-Term Care Insurance Giant Genworth Takes Another Charge, Plans To Go Private @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Genworth Financial, the largest seller of long-term care (LTC) insurance policies, has agreed to be acquired by a privately-held Chinese investment firm. At the same time, it announced it will reserve an additional $400 million to $450 million (pre-tax) against future long-term care claims. Thomas McInerney, president and …
- Biggest Biotech IPO Of 2016 Is Launched By 31 Year Old @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Vivek Ramaswamy's Myovant Sciences, formed in April, raised $218 million by selling stock at $15 a piece and will trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Monday Night Football Ratings Drop 14 Percent @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Ratings for MNF are faring worse than the rest of the NFL's telecasts compared with last season.
- Capital One Grew Revenues Across Divisions In Q3, But Will Have To Monitor Loan Losses Closely @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Capital One reported better-than-expected performance figures for the third quarter after the market close on Tuesday, October 25, as an increase in revenues for its cornerstone card division helped mitigate the impact of higher loan provisions on its bottom line. While an increase in card payment volumes and auto loan …
- Chevron Earnings Likely Higher Than The Last Quarter Owing To Improved Energy Prices @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Chevron, one of the world’s largest integrated energy companies, is likely to report an improvement in its September quarter earnings on 28th October 2016, backed by its consistent cost reduction efforts and notable recovery in commodity markets. Though the oil and gas company’s top line could remain depressed due to
- Twitter Surprises Wall Street With Modest Growth, Lays Off 9% Of Workforce @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Twitter is struggling to keep the interest of Wall Street as a standalone company, but its solid third quarter earnings may stem a downward spiral as investors flee the stock on fears its growth has petered out.
- Apple Wants More Enriching In-Store Experiences @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
If it’s true that consumers today are more into experiences than simply buying products off of shelves, than Apple may be onto something by transforming its locations into something akin to “town squares.”
- Volkswagen And Toyota In Neck-And-Neck Race For Global Top Spot @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Volkswagen Wolfsburg (Photo: RONNY HARTMANN/AFP/Getty Images) Usually, when the leaves turn golden outside, the World’s Largest Automaker title is a foregone conclusion. This time, it’s dramatically different. Toyota and Volkswagen have produced nearly exactly the same number of vehicles this year so far, and the race remains …