- Big Week Ahead Highlighted By Fed Meeting, Key Earnings, GDP Estimate @ Forbes - 40 minutes ago
The recipe for this coming week? A stew of earnings, peppered with data and a Fed meeting. Also ahead: A first look at estimated Q2 gross domestic product. There’s a truckload of earnings on the way, with key companies reporting early in the week including Caterpillar, Eli Lilly, McDonald’s, and Under
- 3 Reasons Your FICO Credit Score, Despite The Abuse, Still Matters A Lot @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Shutterstock FICO is a pioneer of credit scoring. Founded in 1956, it introduced the first credit bureau risk score in 1981. Today, "FICO" has become synonymous with credit scores in the same way that "Kleenex" is synonymous with tissues. However, FICO has been under attack in the last few years. In particular: The three …
- Apple Loop: New iPhone 7 Leak Disappoints, $3 Billion Pokémon Victory, Apple's iPhone Restrictions @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
This week’s Apple Loop includes a third iPhone 7 model, Apple rationing its new technology, how to market the iPhone 7, the iPhone 8 weakening Samsung, details on iOS 9.3.3, a new proposal for streaming music fees, more 'Shot on iPhone' campaign adverts, and how Apple wins at Pokémon GO.
- Android Circuit: New Galaxy Note 7 Design Leaks, Android's Emoji Easter Egg, Apple Ambushes Samsung @ Forbes - 11 hours ago
This week’s Android Circuit includes new details on the Galaxy Note 7 iris scanner, the color choices available for the phablet, the waterproof phone that started leaking, Samsung's big chip order from Apple, a review of the new Moto Z range, a thermal imaging smartphone, Unity's global gaming report, Samsung's spot the …
- Sprint Earnings Preview: Cost Management, Prepaid Business In Focus @ Forbes - 12 hours ago
Sprint is slated to publish its fiscal Q1 results on July 25. We expect the company’s results to be driven by operating cost reductions and its recent postpaid phone subscriber gains, although this could be partially offset by its recent prepaid and tablet connection losses. Below, we take a
- AMD Turns Profitable At Last: Expected Growth In All Businesses To Help Through Year-end @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
AMD reported its Q2 2016 earnings on July 21st. After reporting a net loss for seven consecutive quarters, the company finally managed to turn things around, reporting $69 million in net profit in Q2 2016. A 9% year-over-year and 23% quarter-over-quarter increase in revenue ($1.03 billion), and cash inflow from
- Apple's Q3 Earnings Will Trend Lower On Sluggish iPhone And Mac Sales @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Apple is scheduled to publish its fiscal Q3 results on Tuesday, July 26, reporting on another challenging quarter that is likely to see revenues and margins contract on a year-over-year basis amid sluggish iPhone and Mac sales. Apple has guided for revenues of between $41 billion and $43 billion for
- Apple iOS 9.3.3 Has A Nasty Surprise Forbes - 15 hours ago
On Monday Apple released iOS 9.3.3, a small update with a great secret feature . Having had an extra long test period the software appeared to be a rock solid but (given Apple’s recent track record ) my ...
- Pandora's Stock Wavers As Earnings Are Overshadowed With Deal Talk @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Pandora‘s recently reported Q2 fiscal 2016 earnings turned out marginally better than expectations, with non-GAAP diluted loss per share 4 cents better than the consensus estimate. However, revenue at $343 million, fell $7 million short of the consensus and total listener count dropped to 78.1 million from 79.4 million …
- Boeing Recognizes A $2.78 Billion Charge Ahead Of Q2 Earnings @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
The market woke up to some troubling news yesterday as Boeing‘s management announced that the company will report approximately $2.78 billion in pre-tax charges related to three of its most troubled programs — the 787, the 747 and the KC-46A. This is going to directly hurt its earnings figures this
- #AskForbes Twitter Chat: Election 2016 @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
Join us Monday, July 22 at 2 pm EST to talk about the election.
- The 17 Pokémonagement Characters In Every Office @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
What if Pokémon GO attracted leaders to the most important interactions within their companies?
- Catching Up With A New Era Of Global Chinese Capital @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
China’s harsh response this month to an international arbitration tribunal rejection of its claims in the South China Sea doesn’t exactly make it an easy time to highlight the benefits of working with investors with the country. National security considerations must be at the core of the U.S.-China relationship. The chairman …
- Jeff Bezos Briefly Unseats Warren Buffett For The First Time To Become World's Third Richest Person @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is now the third richest person in the world for the first time, passing up investor Warren Buffett.
- Six Major Biotech Acquisitions You Could See in 2016 (Part 2) @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Is this the best time in a long time to be buying biotech stocks now that their lagging performance has made them relatively undervalued to other sectors? Todd Hagopian is buying because he believes the biotech industry is ripe for acquisitions as large, cash-flow rich drug companies look for promising new products. This …
- Here's Why Boston Beer Shares Are Surging 17% @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Much like the brew it purveys, shares of Boston Beer are positively hoppy in Friday trading. The stock is surging a whopping 17%, thanks in no small part to recently-released earnings results that were not nearly as bad as what Wall Street was expecting.
- Chipotle Earnings Bring Hope, But Reveal A Big Burrito Bowl Of Problems @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Chipotle is under immense pressure to bring about a sales and earnings revival. We explore how the latest earnings signal a tough recovery ahead.
- Riesling: Mixed -- And Erroneous -- Messages @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
“After all these years, we still struggle with the perception of Riesling being sweet and simple.” That’s a quote writer Andy Purdue attributed to head winemaker, Bob Bertheau of Altria Group's Chateau Ste. Michelle in Washington State. The quote is found in a recent Purdue story about Washington State Riesling . Black …
- Brazil Companies Investing In Efforts To Separate Selves From 'Car Wash' Corruption @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
By Thiago Barrozo In the ending scene of 2010 Brazilian semi-fiction crime film “Elite Squad: The Enemy Within”, Roberto Nascimento, lieutenant colonel of the special operations force of the Rio de Janeiro Military Police (BOPE), reflects on the impacts of political corruption on the country’s social issues, while aerial …
- Japan Inc Selling At A Steep Discount @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Japanese stocks comprise a pocket of clear value in a worldwide equity market that has become increasingly expensive.
- Netflix Ratings Exposed? Trying To Track Those Mysterious Numbers @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Has Netflix's notoriously secretive viewership numbers finally been cracked?
- 'Lucha Underground' Is The Closest We'll Ever Get To Real-Life 'Mortal Kombat' @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Lucha Underground shares an astonishing amount of similarities to Mortal Kombat, and may be the closest we ever get to seeing the video game come to life.
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Box Office: Sci-Fi Sequel Beams Up Strong $5.5 Million Thursday @ Forbes - 18 hours ago
Can 'Star Trek Beyond' clear $60 million on its opening weekend?
- With Investment From Ford, Civil Maps Hopes To Turn Every Car Into A Map Maker @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
By Sam Abuelsamid In general, an autonomous vehicle could drive itself around based only on its sensing systems without having any access to maps. Unfortunately, while such a vehicle might be able to avoid collisions, this would severely limit the overall capabilities possible with its autonomy. The type of detailed maps …
- Mortgage Rates: Most Millennials Have Never Seen A 5 Percent Loan, But They Fret About Them Anyway @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Mortgage rates have been below 4% since December, but the thought of rising rates is enough to convince millennials to look for a cheaper house or not buy one entirely.
- 'Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare' Goes From Boring To 'Star Fox' In Ten Minutes @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
New footage from Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare shows just how quickly you will get into space, where things start to get a little crazy.
- YouTubers Are Split On Facebook's Stolen Video Problem @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
What do YouTubers think about their videos being stolen and uploaded to Facebook?
- How BofA, Other Big Banks Weathered The Macro Storm @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
Earnings season for the banking industry has kicked off and majority of the big banks fared well. Find out the major highlights of the quarter.
- Could 'Pokémon GO' Guided Tours Usher In A Ride-Hailing Evolution? @ Forbes - 19 hours ago
One company is hoping to revolutionize ride-sharing by offering 'Pokemon GO' guided tours. But does it stop there?
- Earnings Season Rolls On, Giving Market Continued Positive Momentum @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
After weeks of jubilation, stocks appear ready to extend their rally Friday as positive news from the earnings front keeps rolling in. The strength in stocks comes in spite of a sluggish oil market. So far this earnings season, the message has been mostly positive from reporting companies, helping give the
- Mophie Juice Pack Wireless: A Fantastic, Essential Accessory For All iPhone 6/6S Models @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
The Mophie Juice Pack Wireless is the best thing you can buy for your iPhone.
- Pebble Designer Creates Smartwatch-Friendly Hoodie For Silicon Valley CEOs @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
The hoodie is at the heart of a new initiative from the head of industrial design at Pebble in a bid to come up with something that works better with smartwatches.
- Fortune 500 Misses China Web Giants, Captures JD Minnow @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Bottom line: The appearance of JD.com as China's first Internet company in the Fortune 500 and exclusion of the nation's three biggest players underscores major shortcomings of the list due to its reliance on revenue as the basis for its rankings. Everyone is buzzing these last few days about the latest
- OPPO Explained: How A Little-Known Smartphone Company Overtook Apple In China @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
In OPPO’s rise to become China’s fastest-growing smartphone brand, the company did one thing right: betting on offline retail. The Dongguan-based smartphone maker surprised many industry watchers earlier this year when it pushed into the ranks of the world’s largest five smartphone companies by shipments in the first quarter …
- IRS Announces Tax Relief For California Gas Leak Victims @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
IRS granted tax relief to victims of California's Aliso Canyon gas leak.
- Justice Department Says Health Insurance Mergers Thwart Value-Based Care @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
The U.S. Justice Department said the move away from fee-for-service medicine to value-based care would be harmed by Aetna's bid for Humana and Anthem's takeover of Cigna
- Halliburton Reports Depressed 2Q'16 Earnings Due To Persistently Low Drilling Demand @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Halliburton, the world’s second largest oilfield services company, reported a sharp drop in its June quarter 2016 revenue as well as earnings, because of continued sluggish drilling demand and pricing headwinds globally. While the crude oil prices improved over 35% in the last three months, the exploration and drilling …
- Life Hacks For Retirement Income @ Forbes - 20 hours ago
Save time and energy while putting more money in your pocket with these simple retirement income strategies
- Here's How Amazon Is Looking To Attract Prime Members In India @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
After it was reported that Amazon will launch Amazon Prime in India this year, reports now suggest that the company is investing is investing $300 million in creating original video content for Prime Video. This investment would be part of the $3 billion fresh funding for India announced by Amazon
- Does Apple Have A Surprise Up Its Sleeve? @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
Chinese news could give Apple investors some hope soon
- DNA Is The New Data Storage Forbes - 21 hours ago
Microsoft wants to use synthetic DNA strands to store the world’s data. And that could make giant data centers obsolete. There’s no doubt about it, the world’s biggest technology firms are rushing to ...
- Cold Brews May Be Set To Heat Up Sales For Dunkin' Donuts And Starbucks @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
Consumption of the world’s beloved beverage, “coffee,” has been steadily increasing over the years. In the 50 years until 2000, the average annual growth rate of coffee consumption was 1.9%. This accelerated to 2.4% by 2012, driven by a higher demand, especially from millennials, young adults born between the early
- ExxonMobil's InterOil Deal Highlights Resource Reach, Long-Term Value @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
ExxonMobil's announcement on Thursday that it had finalized a deal to acquire InterOil may not have grabbed the top business headlines, understandable since Exxon is paying about $2.5 billion in stock to acquire IOC and Exxon's market capitalization is $387 billion. This transaction, however, is a perfect example of Exxon's …
- Feds Want To Use Your Fingerprints To Open iPhones. Why Isn't It Working? @ Forbes - 21 hours ago
The Department of Justice has attempted to use defendant's fingerprints to unlock their cell phones in criminal cases across the country. The attempts are often unsuccessful. In one case in Texas, prosecutors invoked the controversial All Writs Act when seeking access to a device.
- United Airlines To Remind All Its Flight Attendants Of FAA Kid Seat Requirement @ Forbes - 22 hours ago
A new United Airlines Boeing 787-9 is shown during final configuration and maintenance work at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren) Kudos to United Airlines for taking an unfortunate incident on one of its flights and turning it into a learning opportunity for …
- Macy's Makes Rapid Advances In Technology @ Forbes - 22 hours ago
Many fashion ideas are short lived. The innovative technology Macy's is experimenting with, especially an artificial intelligence tool it is set to test that will help customers in stores, has the promise to make long-lasting improvements in customer loyalty and distinguish the chain from its competition.
- Seven Signs Of Life At Macy's @ Forbes - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 9:51 PM EDT
Just when folks were ready to write Macy's off, it's pulled off a series of moves that signal renewed energy and innovation.
- New iPhone 8 Rumor Reveals Apple's Ambush On Samsung Forbes - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 8:37 PM EDT
Previously in the 'which manufacturer will Apple spend a lot of money with to supply chips for the new iPhone' saga, Tim Cook decided to turn to TSMC for the fabrication of the A10 system-on-chip which is expected to lie at the heart of the iPhone 7 family. Samsung and TSMC shared production duties on the A9 and while …
- Beijing Is Pushing Washington Back In The Metals And Mining Markets @ Forbes - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 7:54 PM EDT
Beijing and Washington do not have to wait for the next President to solve their trade differences in the metals and mining market. They are already doing that, the ugly way. They’re using protectionist measures like import tariffs and export quotas to sanction each other. In late May, the Obama Administration
- 2016 Royal Enfield Classic Motorcycle Test Ride And Review: Back In Time @ Forbes - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 7:39 PM EDT
The 2016 Royal Enfield Classic marks the return of a bike that never really went away.