- Liberty Media's F1 Takeover Threatened With Anti-Trust Investigation @ Forbes - 47 minutes ago
Liberty Media's $8 billion takeover of Formula One is facing the threat of an anti-trust investigation by the European Commission (EC) due to an alleged “severe conflict of interest". Recent reports suggested that an investigation had got the red light but the EC has confirmed that the door is open.
- With Half A Billion Customers Lost, McDonald's Gambles On Mobile Ordering To Get Them Back @ Forbes - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
McDonald's has always boasted about the billions of customers it has served. But now it has a big problem: the 500 million potential visitors it estimates it's lost in the past five years. It hopes mobile ordering and curbside delivery will lure them back.
- Target's Stock Plunges After Disappointing Q4 Results @ Forbes - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Target (NYSE: TGT) posted disappointing fourth quarter results, with both revenues and EPS missing market expectations. The company earlier reported a 5% decline in sales during the holiday season (November and December) and its impact was visible on the company’s top line
- Dish Network's Subscriber Numbers Boosted By Sling TV, But ARPU Could See Pressure @ Forbes - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Dish Network‘s stock has declined marginally in the week following its Q4 and full-year earnings release. Dish added 28,000 pay-TV subscribers in the quarter – though some of that may have been due to a change in the calculation for commercial accounts
- Oculus Slashes Prices On Rift Hardware @ Forbes - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
The virtual reality company announced dramatic price decreases on Wednesday, including a 25% cut in the retail price of its flagship Rift bundle.
- Oprah Destroys Those On Wall Street Who Bet Against Her And Weight Watchers @ Forbes - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
On Wednesday, investors who had bet against Oprah Winfrey got run over by Weight Watchers’ surging stock, which soared by 34%.
- 2017 Might Produce A Record Number Of Box Office Bombs @ Forbes - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
We are seeing a surge in movies that open in more than 2,000 theaters yet gross less than $10 million.
- Would Trump's FDA Deregulation Create An Age Of Miracles? Don't Bet On It @ Forbes - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
President Donald Trump made a dramatic appeal for lowering the hurdles new medicines face in gaining approval from the Food and Drug Administration. But his promises – that reduced regulatory standards would result in more cures reaching the market and lower drug prices – may be hard to keep.
- French Nationalist Le Pen Slips In Poll, But Market Still Pricing Her In @ Forbes - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
The market is positioning for a Le Pen victory in France.
- How Bad Was CloudBleed? 1.2 Million Leaks Bad @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
CloudBleed leaked a lot of information but the impact may not have been so bad, says CloudFlare CEO.
- Ubisoft Picking 'Avatar' Over More 'The Division' Is Exactly As Ridiculous As It Sounds @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Yesterday, I had to do a double take reading that not only was an 'Avatar' video game being made in 2017, but that it was going to be an Ubisoft title, and they publisher was putting 'The Division' developer Massive in charge of the project. It's exactly as crazy as it sounds.
- Putin Policies Weigh On Russia @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Here's why Russian stocks are off to a lousy start in 2017.
- Can The Courts Check Trump's Desire To Emasculate EPA? @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
President Trump’s address to the nation gave a cursory nod to clean air and clean water but during the same speech, he also vowed to rollback the nation’s regulation and to keep existing coal plants alive.
- When Arteries Narrow, Fee-For-Service Doctors Choose Surgery @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Patients treated by doctors who were paid in the traditional fee-for-service system “were significantly more likely” to face carotid artery surgery than if treated by doctors paid a salary, according to a new study in JAMA Surgery.
- Waymo's Trade Secret Suit Against Uber Marks Start Of Automated Car 'Patent Wars' @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
The Alphabet Inc. company has a trove of patents for self-driving car software, hardware and on-road behavior amassed over several years and will fight to protect them.
- 'Pokémon GO' Has Almost Certainly Not 'Driven 500 Million Visits' To Sponsored Stores @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Niantic is claiming that 'Pokemon GO' has driven 500 million 'visits' to sponsored locations, but are they overselling the impact of the game with a misleading statistic?
- The Fault In Our Stores @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
With many once great retailers struggling there is a narrative building that brick-and-mortar retail is doomed. But there is ample opportunity to address the fault in stores and grow the share of an inevitably shrinking pie.
- Dow Races Past 21,000 For First Time After Trump Strikes Conciliatory Tone @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq also gained about 1% on Wednesday.
- Billionaire Carl Icahn, Trump Adviser On Regulatory Overhaul, Targets Biotech @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Carl Icahn has hired Richard C. Mulligan as a new portfolio manager to “enhance our focus on the biotechnology sector.”
- Turmoil Brewing In Europe Ahead Of Geneva Car Show, Fed By Takeovers, Elections @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
The Geneva Car Show would usually inspire a spring in the step of industry leaders, while the gleaming, sleek new motors on view for the first time should excite Europeans into parting with hard earned cash. But these are not normal times and the industry is facing multiple, unprecedented hurdles.
- Pegasystems Software Robots Help Banks Onboard Institutional Customers @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Pegasystems uses robotic software to get institutional clients into their systems across the globe and across lines of business while meeting the regulatory requirements.
- Trailer: 'Alien Covenant' Is Our Fourth 'Alien' Prequel @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
The 'Alien' franchise has had three sequels and now four prequels over the last 31 years.
- Uncertainty Burns Hot For US Coal @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
There is a belief in coal country that a few regulatory tweaks can revitalize the industry in the US. But among executives and advisors in the space, there's an also acknowledgement that a friendlier regime in Washington alone will not turn around the fortunes of American coal.
- What If The Nintendo Switch Fails? @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
The Nintendo Switch launches in two days, and the company is desperate to avoid another Wii U situation with the console. But what happens if the worst does come to pass? How does that affect Nintendo going forward?
- Fiduciary Duty Can't Be Killed @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Striking the fiduciary rule down could make it, in the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi, “more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”
- Best Buy Shares Drop After Sales, Outlook Miss The Mark @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
The consumer electronics company cited product availability challenges and surprisingly weak demand for video games.
- As Wendy's Is Proving, Target Has Shown, Higher Minimum Wages Lead To Job Losses @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
As I've been saying all along here a rise in the minimum wage is going to mean a fall in the demand for labour, to mean unemployment for some unfortunates.
- With Its Recent Outage, Amazon Web Services Is Helping To Sell Hybrid IT @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
With their latest outage, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides business leaders with a stark reminder: The public cloud is not infallible, the public cloud does not guarantee high availability and when it goes down, it does it magnificently. Which is why Hybrid IT is so valuable.
- Market Much Too Pessimistic About Cigna's Future Financial Picture @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Last week, our analysts parsed 378 filings and collected 56,507 data points. In total, they made 9,646 adjustments with a dollar value of $5.3 trillion. Analyst Lindsay Bohannon found a few items in Cigna’s 10-K last week that should put the stock back on investors’ radar.
- You Just Filed Your Taxes -- With An Oscar Best Picture-Size Mistake @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
You just filed your taxes but discover a big mistake. Should you amend, and if so how and when?
- Learn Why The NFA Barred FXCM And What It Means For Forex Traders @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
With the recent news of the NFA barring FXCM from membership, many forex traders are scurrying to replace FXCM. It’s imperative that American retail traders understand Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) regulations for off-exchange forex before making their decision.
- Soccer's Rising Popularity In China To Fuel Growth For EA's FIFA Franchise @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
In 2015, Chinese president Xi Jinping announced a 50-point plan to turn China into an $813 billion sports industry, with a special focus on developing soccer. The plan aims to develop China into a soccer powerhouse, possibly host the 2030 FIFA World Cup and win the World Cup in the near future.
- How Wal-Mart Is Using Technology To Boost Its Pharmacy Business @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Through a recent upgrade to its mobile app, Wal-Mart has made it more convenient for its pharmacy customers to order prescription medicines and pick them up from stores.
- Streamlined Tribune Media Co. Posts Q4 Gains On Political Ads, Carriage Fees @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
As CEO Peter Liguori prepares to step down and a key rival has approached about a potential merger, a streamlined, TV-centric Tribune Media Co. posted strong fourth-quarter revenue and profit gains.
- Town Sports International's Off Balance Sheet Debt Is Noteworthy @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Yesterday, our analysts parsed 107 filings and collected 15,764 data points. In total, they made 2,630 adjustments with a dollar value of $1.1 trillion. In particular, analyst Allen Jackson found an unusual item in Town Sports International Holdings (CLUB) 10-K.
- February PMI Data Points To A Firming Global Economy And May Fan Inflation Talk @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
February data is showing a firming global economy, but also a pick up in input costs that could fan the flames of inflation talk ahead of the Fed's March FOMC meeting.
- Gold And Silver: Opportunity Of A Lifetime? @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Right now there are many similarities to the market environment of the 1970s.
- Earnings Preview: What To Expect From Kroger On Thursday @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
Kroger is expected to earn $0.53/share on $27.34 billion in revenue. Meanwhile, the so-called Whisper number is $0.54. The Whisper number is the Street's unofficial view on earnings.
- Earnings Preview: What To Expect From Costco On Thursday @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Costco is expected to earn $1.35/share on $29.94 billion in revenue. Meanwhile, the so-called Whisper number is $1.35. The Whisper number is the Street's unofficial view on earnings.
- Here's Why Palo Alto Networks Plunged 20% After Reporting Earnings @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
Palo Alto Networks plunged 20% in after-hours trading after the cyber security giant reported earnings. The company reported 2nd Quarter January 2017 earnings of $0.63 per share on revenue of $422.6 million.
- New Galaxy S8 Leaks Confirm Samsung's Aggressive Approach @ Forbes - 8 hours ago
We have the clearest visual of the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone yet. Noted rumor-dealer Evan Blass has tweeted out what appears to be a press glamor image of the new Android-powered handset with a comment of “I think this is what you’ve been waiting for.”
- How Momentum Can Help Your Returns @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Momentum has historically delivered returns of 7% a year, on average, yet many don't understand the pros and cons of this factor strategy is or how they might implement it.
- Vietnam's Economy Is On Fire, And Fueled By Coal: How It Can Create A Greener Future @ Forbes - 14 hours ago
More creative policies are needed if Vietnam is to break the link between economic growth and electricity use.
- New 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Is Selling Big Laughs Instead Of Big Booms @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Zoe Saldana gets lines in yet another knee-slapping 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer.
- Is The Dollar Breakout Still Intact? @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
Despite the recent pullback, the U.S. dollar's breakout remains intact.
- The 5 Most Important Things Wall Street Heard From Trump's Congressional Address @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
President Trump asked Congress for $1 trillion of infrastructure spending, more defense expenditures and help with a broad tax overhaul.
- Can You Build A Business On The Back Of Facebook Live? @ Forbes - 15 hours ago
A lot of premium publishers are making live video content for Facebook Live. Are they going to make money from it or is Facebook going to gobble it all up for themselves? Are advertisers going to flock? Why have some services doing live video already failed?
- Trump's Plan To Sell Insurance Across State Lines Doesn't Mean Lower Costs @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
President Trump reiterated his call for insurance companies to be able to sell health plans across state lines in a speech Tuesday night to a joint session of Congress.
- Podcast With Walt Piecyk Of BTIG About The State Of Telecom And Media @ Forbes - 16 hours ago
In a recent podcast with BTIG's Walt Piecyk, we discussed the state of TMT today including whether Verizon will swallow Charter, if T-Mobile will merge with Sprint, who Dish might sell to, and how Apple's stock will perform going into the next iPhone release.
- Yes, Retail Is Hurting. No, Don't (Just) Blame Amazon @ Forbes - 17 hours ago
Amazon grows, but that doesn’t mean the retail giant is at fault for retailers’ poor performance.