- Apple’s iOS outpacing Android 3 to 1 in Thanksgiving AM sales @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
The first in a series of holiday retail benchmarks from IBM Digital Analytics.
- Oil prices in freefall as OPEC fails to agree output cut @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Oil futures fall nearly 8% to their lowest in five years as Saudi Arabia tries to squeeze U.S. shale industry.
- Black Friday looks promising, but these big retailers are in the hot seat @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
Black Friday is near and will separate the retail winners from the losers.
- More signs of life from Eurozone as lower euro kicks in @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
German labor market miracle continues, as employment reaches new record high.
- Blackberry offers iPhone users up to $550 to trade in for a Passport @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
Holiday offer is designed to build on promising initial sales for the square-screened "workhorse".
- Apple and Beats queue up their Black Friday TV spots @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Six ads in two days from both sides of Apple's -- and America's -- cultural divide.
- Behind Google’s Europe woes, American accents @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
U.S. tech giants are using the E.U.'s greater mistrust of the search engine giant to pursue their own agenda.
- After a subpar summer, Hollywood needs a holiday rescue @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Movie industry is counting on new installments from The Hunger Games and The Hobbit series to make up for a dip in summer theater ticket sales.
- How Black Friday invaded the U.K. without Thanksgiving’s help @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Black Friday, long an American tradition, is becoming a British one, too
- More shoppers skip the mall to buy cars on Black Friday @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 2:41 PM EST
For auto dealers, the Thanksgiving holiday is an increasingly important time for making sales.
- U.S. regulator orders national Takata driver-side air bag recall @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Federal government demands that Japanese air bag maker expand its regional recall.
- Chris Christie has a Wall St. roadblock on his path to the White House @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Federal pay-to-play laws make it difficult for sitting governors to raise campaign cash from financiers.
- U.S. economy is improving, just in time for the holiday shopping season @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 1:31 PM EST
New data out this week suggests that the economy is about to kick into a higher gear.
- Watch out Disney: This toy startup’s coming for you @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 1:30 PM EST
GoldieBlox has already made waves in Silicon Valley. Tomorrow, it takes on NYC with its first appearance in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- GoPro to roll out consumer drones @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 1:17 PM EST
The multi-rotor helicopters would mark a new product line for the video camera maker.
- How a Target store gets ready for Black Friday @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 12:49 PM EST
Target gave Fortune a peek at how its stores get ready for Black Friday.
- This Thanksgiving we will cook enough onions to fill 10 Olympic-size pools @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Americans will spend a whopping $201 million on whole turkeys in the week leading up to the big day.
- 5 ways to make your team more creative @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 12:23 PM EST
Companies need to change, and they are looking for fresh ideas. Here's how you can get your colleagues to think differently.
- Exclusive: Big changes at DAG Ventures @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 12:13 PM EST
Tom Goodrich and John Cadeddu will not be part of new DAG Ventures fund.
- How to avoid impulse shopping on Black Friday @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 12:04 PM EST
Know what's driving you to shop and separate the festivities from the shopping.
- Shopping online at work? More employers look the other way @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 11:27 AM EST
Most companies have given up trying to keep people from shopping at work.
- Why Pizza Hut expects to set a sales record on Thanksgiving Eve @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 10:32 AM EST
A Pizza Hut spokesperson said they treat the holiday as their Super Bowl.
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing: U.S. lawsuit @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 10:26 AM EST
The complaint said changes to pricing have "come too late."
- Term Sheet — Wednesday, November 26 @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST
More from Fortune.com Term Sheet -- Tuesday, November 25Term Sheet -- Monday, November 24Term Sheet -- Friday, November 21Term Sheet -- Thursday, November 20Term Sheet -- Wednesday, November 19
- Do you want an Apple iPad with that airport delay? @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Carriers and airport eateries seek a competitive edge by offering holiday travelers tablets with free Wi-Fi at every table.
- Netflix sues Yahoo executive over alleged kickbacks @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 9:14 AM EST
Kail was allegedly paid 'commissions' for products and services that Netflix paid to third-party companies.
- BMW’s genius move is from Apple’s playbook @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:47 AM EST
Say goodbye to some sales associates and hello to auto "geniuses."
- Twitter’s next target could be Justin Bieber-backed selfie app @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:46 AM EST
After an apparent gaffe by Twitter’s CFO, many are speculating on which company could be an acquisition target.
- Samsung’s split and new smog rules — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:31 AM EST
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Data Sheet—Wednesday, November 26, 2014 @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:28 AM EST
Good morning, Data Sheet readers. Apple’s market capitalization briefly topped $700 billion on Tuesday (a first for any company). Meanwhile, Hewlett-Packard posted another disappointing quarter, and Microsoft ...
- EPA proposes air pollution limits @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:22 AM EST
Regulation will be aimed at smog from power plants and factories across the country, a report says.
- 5 ways to smarten up dumb home devices @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:00 AM EST
How to make your home appliances smart without having to replace them.
- Ferguson protests continue across nation @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 8:00 AM EST
Hundreds arrested as anger boils over at Grand Jury decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson over killing of Michael Brown.
- The Broadsheet: November 26th @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 7:48 AM EST
Good morning, Broadsheet readers. Meg Whitman had a tough quarter, Barbie is no longer girls’ favorite toy and the Department of Defense won’t get its first female chief after all. I‘m Anne VanderMey, ...
- The woman who sells Thanksgiving @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 7:30 AM EST
You’ve probably never heard of Jen Ehresmann, but she is one of the highest-ranking women in the $18-billion turkey industry.
- The not-so-rosy future of the sports car @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Reports of its death are somewhat exaggerated.
- 5 hottest toys Americans are searching for right now @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Disney's 'Frozen,' Xbox One and the Skylanders game set to be among the top sellers this year.
- ECB could start buying government bonds in 1Q 2015, top official says @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 6:31 AM EST
Heavy hint comes as Brussels unveils its new Grand Plan for reviving growth without boosting national budget deficits.
- The real Olivia Pope reveals how to fix scandals @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 6:00 AM EST
In a season of scandal, we get practical advice from real-life D.C. fixer Judy Smith, the model for Kerry Washington's character on the ABC hit.
- Total faces fresh corruption charges over Iran contracts @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 5:37 AM EST
Charges to be filed barely a month after death of CEO, who had led the company's Mideast ops at the time.
- Hong Kong police clear another protest site, arrest student leaders @ Fortune - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:49 AM EST
Protests fast losing momentum after failure to extract concessions on restrictions to local democracy.
- Uber reportedly valued at $40 billion by investors @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Uber's PR troubles are not scaring off investors.
- Justice Department investigating alleged HSBC leak to hedge fund @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Trader allegedly alerted a hedge fund about an impending transaction.
- San Francisco passes first-ever retail worker ‘bill of rights’ @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Just in time for Black Friday and the holiday shopping season, the measure will make the worker-friendly city even friendlier.
- Hewlett-Packard sales drop ahead of split into two companies @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Fourth-quarter sales dropped 2% just months after the company posted its first quarterly gain in four years.
- Fluornoy drops out of Defense Secretary race, source confirms @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 5:41 PM EST
If she had won the nomination, Flourney would have been the first female Defense Secretary.
- Can Ferguson recover? The lasting economic impact of violent unrest @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 5:28 PM EST
The looting and destruction of businesses in Ferguson could have long-term effects.
- What keeps small business owners happy these days? Pajamas, study finds @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 4:50 PM EST
Being your own boss really is a recipe for happiness, according to a recent survey of small business owners.
- Microsoft to pay China $140 million for ‘tax evasion’ @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Tech giant must pay back taxes and interest as Chinese regulators ramp up pressure on U.S. companies.
- Taser, rival think their body cameras could have helped in Ferguson @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 4:21 PM EST
The LAPD could be the first top police department to outfit every officer with Taser’s Axon body-mounted camera.