- How Black Friday invaded the U.K. without Thanksgiving’s help @ Fortune - 31 minutes ago
Black Friday, long an American tradition, is becoming a British one, too
- More shoppers skip the mall to buy cars on Black Friday @ Fortune - 55 minutes ago
For auto dealers, the Thanksgiving holiday is an increasingly important time for making sales.
- U.S. regulator orders national Takata driver-side air bag recall @ Fortune - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Federal government demands that Japanese air bag maker expand its regional recall.
- Chris Christie has a Wall St. roadblock on his path to the White House @ Fortune - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Federal pay-to-play laws make it difficult for sitting governors to raise campaign cash from financiers.
- U.S. economy is improving, just in time for the holiday shopping season @ Fortune - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
New data out this week suggests that the economy is about to kick into a higher gear.
- Watch out Disney: This toy startup’s coming for you @ Fortune - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
GoldieBlox has already made waves in Silicon Valley. Tomorrow, it takes on NYC with its first appearance in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- GoPro to roll out consumer drones @ Fortune - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
The multi-rotor helicopters would mark a new product line for the video camera maker.
- How a Target store gets ready for Black Friday @ Fortune - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
Target gave Fortune a peek at how its stores get ready for Black Friday.
- This Thanksgiving we will cook enough onions to fill 10 Olympic-size pools @ Fortune - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
Americans will spend a whopping $201 million on whole turkeys in the week leading up to the big day.
- 5 ways to make your team more creative @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Companies need to change, and they are looking for fresh ideas. Here's how you can get your colleagues to think differently.
- Exclusive: Big changes at DAG Ventures @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Tom Goodrich and John Cadeddu will not be part of new DAG Ventures fund.
- How to avoid impulse shopping on Black Friday @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Know what's driving you to shop and separate the festivities from the shopping.
- Shopping online at work? More employers look the other way @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Most companies have given up trying to keep people from shopping at work.
- Why Pizza Hut expects to set a sales record on Thanksgiving Eve @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
A Pizza Hut spokesperson said they treat the holiday as their Super Bowl.
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing: U.S. lawsuit @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
The complaint said changes to pricing have "come too late."
- Term Sheet — Wednesday, November 26 @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
More from Fortune.com Term Sheet -- Tuesday, November 25Term Sheet -- Monday, November 24Term Sheet -- Friday, November 21Term Sheet -- Thursday, November 20Term Sheet -- Wednesday, November 19
- Do you want an Apple iPad with that airport delay? @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Carriers and airport eateries seek a competitive edge by offering holiday travelers tablets with free Wi-Fi at every table.
- Netflix sues Yahoo executive over alleged kickbacks @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Kail was allegedly paid 'commissions' for products and services that Netflix paid to third-party companies.
- BMW’s genius move is from Apple’s playbook @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Say goodbye to some sales associates and hello to auto "geniuses."
- Twitter’s next target could be Justin Bieber-backed selfie app @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
After an apparent gaffe by Twitter’s CFO, many are speculating on which company could be an acquisition target.
- Samsung’s split and new smog rules — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Data Sheet—Wednesday, November 26, 2014 @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Good morning, Data Sheet readers. Apple’s market capitalization briefly topped $700 billion on Tuesday (a first for any company). Meanwhile, Hewlett-Packard posted another disappointing quarter, and Microsoft ...
- EPA proposes air pollution limits @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Regulation will be aimed at smog from power plants and factories across the country, a report says.
- 5 ways to smarten up dumb home devices @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
How to make your home appliances smart without having to replace them.
- Ferguson protests continue across nation @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Hundreds arrested as anger boils over at Grand Jury decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson over killing of Michael Brown.
- The Broadsheet: November 26th @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Good morning, Broadsheet readers. Meg Whitman had a tough quarter, Barbie is no longer girls’ favorite toy and the Department of Defense won’t get its first female chief after all. I‘m Anne VanderMey, ...
- The woman who sells Thanksgiving @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
You’ve probably never heard of Jen Ehresmann, but she is one of the highest-ranking women in the $18-billion turkey industry.
- The not-so-rosy future of the sports car @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Reports of its death are somewhat exaggerated.
- 5 hottest toys Americans are searching for right now @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Disney's 'Frozen,' Xbox One and the Skylanders game set to be among the top sellers this year.
- ECB could start buying government bonds in 1Q 2015, top official says @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
Heavy hint comes as Brussels unveils its new Grand Plan for reviving growth without boosting national budget deficits.
- The real Olivia Pope reveals how to fix scandals @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
In a season of scandal, we get practical advice from real-life D.C. fixer Judy Smith, the model for Kerry Washington's character on the ABC hit.
- Total faces fresh corruption charges over Iran contracts @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
Charges to be filed barely a month after death of CEO, who had led the company's Mideast ops at the time.
- Hong Kong police clear another protest site, arrest student leaders @ Fortune - 10 hours ago
Protests fast losing momentum after failure to extract concessions on restrictions to local democracy.
- Uber reportedly valued at $40 billion by investors @ Fortune - 18 hours ago
Uber's PR troubles are not scaring off investors.
- Justice Department investigating alleged HSBC leak to hedge fund @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Trader allegedly alerted a hedge fund about an impending transaction.
- San Francisco passes first-ever retail worker ‘bill of rights’ @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Just in time for Black Friday and the holiday shopping season, the measure will make the worker-friendly city even friendlier.
- Hewlett-Packard sales drop ahead of split into two companies @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Fourth-quarter sales dropped 2% just months after the company posted its first quarterly gain in four years.
- Fluornoy drops out of Defense Secretary race, source confirms @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
If she had won the nomination, Flourney would have been the first female Defense Secretary.
- Can Ferguson recover? The lasting economic impact of violent unrest @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
The looting and destruction of businesses in Ferguson could have long-term effects.
- What keeps small business owners happy these days? Pajamas, study finds @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
Being your own boss really is a recipe for happiness, according to a recent survey of small business owners.
- Microsoft to pay China $140 million for ‘tax evasion’ @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
Tech giant must pay back taxes and interest as Chinese regulators ramp up pressure on U.S. companies.
- Taser, rival think their body cameras could have helped in Ferguson @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
The LAPD could be the first top police department to outfit every officer with Taser’s Axon body-mounted camera.
- The perks of the 100 Best Companies: DPR Construction @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
The construction firm has become one of the best employers in the U.S. by keeping employees happy with a variety of perks and benefits programs.
- Michael Dell illustrates the private equity paradox @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
Michael Dell loves being a private company CEO. For now.
- Nissan’s turn from the eccentric to the mainstream @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Here's how Carlos Ghosn's risky strategy paid off in 2014.
- Why Obama’s immigration plan is a wild card for the U.S. economy @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 2:16 PM EST
The president’s executive actions to provide undocumented immigrants temporary relief from deportation do not set a pathway toward permanent legal status, says Scarlett Aldebot-Green, senior policy analyst ...
- No sign of major OPEC cut as ministers haggle before meeting @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Crude oil futures fall on reports that any "cut" in supply will fall well short of what's needed to stop prices falling.
- When it is—and isn’t—okay to text your boss @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 1:49 PM EST
Curious when's appropriate to text your boss? Here are some guidelines.
- Meet the people who work on Thanksgiving (so you don’t have to) @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Here's what the people forced to work on Thanksgiving have to say.
- How Marvel is opening up its universe to women and minorities @ Fortune - Tue, Nov 25, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Marvel is addressing women and minorities more than ever before—in film, television, and print comics.