- Reactions to FCC’s net neutrality vote: Celebrations, legal threats and Morse Code @ Fortune - 3 minutes 42 seconds ago
Republicans, telecoms and their industry groups lashed out at the FCC over new rules that more strictly regulate the Internet. Democrats and Internet content companies celebrated.
- J.C. Penney still blaming Ron Johnson-era for slow profit growth @ Fortune - 56 minutes ago
J.C. Penney blamed former CEO Ron Johnson for its ongoing travails, including sluggish improvement in its gross margin rates. Its forecast suggested relief was not coming soon.
- Fakepreneurs, a Modern Epidemic @ Fortune - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
There's almost no way to fake your way into med school but there are plenty of fakepreneurs.
- 5 remarkable facts about the future of health care @ Fortune - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Be prepared for these if you want to help shape its future (and make a profit in the process).
- This is the most epic Yelp post ever @ Fortune - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
A person claiming to represent a closing restaurant blamed the 'incompetent' staff for its failure
- GameStop nabs 163 RadioShack leases for Spring Mobile push @ Fortune - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
The video game retailer said it had agreed to pay $15,000 for each RadioShack.
- Ex-execs say fired by Microsoft for hostess charge doubts @ Fortune - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Employees saying they were forced out after they raised concerns about an employee's large claims for expenses in South Korea that may have included sex services.
- JetBlue just made the ultimate faux pas on Twitter @ Fortune - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
You could say the airline's Hindenberg joke went up in flames
- Gap Inc.’s sales rise despite drop at its namesake stores @ Fortune - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
The apparel retailer also announced a $1 billion share buyback program.
- This umbrella is basically impossible to lose @ Fortune - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Finally, smart tech comes to your rain gear
- In about-face, Barnes & Noble now wants to keep Nook @ Fortune - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Barnes & Noble still plans to spin out its college division, which it says is worth $774 million. Wall Street disagrees.
- At Silicon Valley sex bias trial, executive says she saw no discrimination @ Fortune - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Testimony in case highlights the lack of women at high-profile venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins.
- Jamie Dimon’s Diaspora: The lofty perches where ex-JPMorganites land @ Fortune - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
Under Dimon, the bank has proven to be a viable training ground for future CEOs. A growing number of large financial firms are now run by its alumni.
- Here’s what the most powerful man in cereal eats for breakfast @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
What he has for dinner is even more surprising
- Net neutrality will not create ‘uncertainty’ @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
The FCC now has oversight of the Internet. But there is one thing it can never change.
- Your favorite band’s new album is out on Friday @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Global music industry changes album release day to increase "spontaneous purchasing," curb piracy.
- The real meaning of $9 an hour @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Walmart’s modest wage hike isn’t just good for business. It’s proof the economy is doing better.
- Here’s the major obstacle Tinder still faces @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Morgan Stanley analysts don't see a love connection for investors
- Elon Musk’s craziest project is about to become real @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
This company wants to build a five-mile Hyperloop
- Has FIFA created a World Cup problem that teams have to pay for? @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Soccer's governing body has announced it will not compensate teams after moving the 2022 World Cup to November and December.
- Eddie Lampert’s incredible shrinking Sears empire @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Sears reported its 11th straight quarter of net losses and comparable sales continued to slide.
- FCC approves net neutrality rules for broadband Internet @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
The new rules, opposed by telecom companies, are intended to protect an open Internet by creating a level playing field on the web.
- Why a buzzy startup is giving equity to customers @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Ahead of its launch, Jet.com has issued 100,000 shares to its top-referring customer.
- Apple teases with an homage to Daylight Savings Time @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
An Apple media event scheduled for the day after the clocks get set forward can only be about a watch.
- Forget Greece, Japan is the world’s real economic time bomb @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
How Japan handles its government debt will have a bigger impact on the U.S. economy.
- Apple just scheduled a ‘Spring Forward’ March 9 event @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Is this the Apple Watch we've all been waiting for?
- EXCLUSIVE: Politics may blow up Eurozone’s fragile Greek peace – S&P @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Forget about Germany, the real question is whether Tsipras can keep his government together, top analyst warns.
- Aston Martin’s latest $2.3 million supercar has one huge catch @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
The Vulcan has one heck of an instruction manual
- Apple took a record-high 89% of smartphone profits last quarter @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Meanwhile, Android's share hit a record low 11%, according to Strategy Analytics.
- Social media’s biggest business challenge? Keeping brands in check @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Marketers gonna market—and that's the problem.
- Is JPMorgan Chase really America’s dog-friendliest bank? @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
It turns out that the bank is pretty dog friendly. But it has plenty of competition on this front.
- Why Taylor Swift is hands-down the world’s savviest pop star @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Her latest move: drive down prices for unflattering pictures of her and her famous friends
- There’s bad news about your favorite burger @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Beef prices are expected to rise another 5-6% this year
- Amazon just hired Obama’s former press secretary Jay Carney @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Carney resigned as White House press secretary last May after three years on the job.
- Tougher ozone standards could snuff out the recovery, businesses warn @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Obama administration should focus on allowing existing standards to be fully implemented, a manufacturing group argues.
- Why software companies like Salesforce, Hortonworks can talk up future results @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Both companies have detailed visibility into upcoming quarters, thanks to their subscription and services models. It's time to study up on terms like "deferred revenue" and "total billings."...
- How to build your personal brand at work @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
Think beyond specific assignments and look for ways to contribute to your company's overall success.
- Barnes & Noble is spinning off its college store business @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
Plan will separate Barnes & Noble Education from the legacy book retail and Nook digital businesses.
- Your mouth isn’t ready for these cotton candy Oreos Fortune - 9 hours ago
Nabisco has recently introduced several new flavors of Oreos, like Watermelon and Red Velvet. But now, it looks like the classic cookie is taking a trip to the circus. Instagram user “cookie0man” posted ...
- Here’s what Ginni Rometty will tell IBM investors @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
Her target: Within four years, strategic areas including analytics, mobility, security and cloud computing will drive 40% of revenue.
- Why Greece caved, in two simple charts @ Fortune - 10 hours ago
Even Greeks don't believe their own wish-dreams about being able to keep the euro if they ditch the bailout program.
- Beer-maker Anheuser-Busch wants to sell more pricey beers @ Fortune - 10 hours ago
Beer-maker plans to continue to expand the market share of regional and national craft brands.
- The Apple Watch gets 12 (mostly white) pages in Vogue @ Fortune - 10 hours ago
The marketing campaign for Apple's next big thing begins with hardly a word.
- Net neutrality vote, retailers report, and inflation data — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
Here's what you need to know to start your day.
- Fed’s Bullard sees spring price rebound, summer rate hike @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
Central bank should make a change to its policy statement next month, top Fed official says.
- Walmart pledges $100 million to boost jobs @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
Exclusive: America's largest company launches a new initiative to help the retail industry close the skills gap that keeps Americans unemployed.
- Talking net neutrality, ahead of today’s FCC vote @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
What is net neutrality, and what does today's vote mean for business and consumers?
- Eurozone economy gathers strength as Germany revs up @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
German jobless at 24-year low, employment at record high, consumer confidence marching higher and the strongest sign yet of decent wage growth.
- The app that helps sell your house in 3 days @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
OpenDoor has raised $20 million in new VC funding, as it tries to revolutionize residential real estate.
- A dating app for lesbians, by a lesbian @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
In a world filled with dating apps, one entrepreneur hopes her's will succeed by filling an underserved niche: Women seeking women.