- Friday is another winner for stocks, S&P 500 has best week since 2013 @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Big gains by the stock market on Friday sent the index up 4.1% for the week snapping a four-week losing streak.
- 4 reasons Amazon’s Fire Phone was a flop @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Amazon still has $83 million worth of unsold units.
- Ex-Bank of New York Mellon employee pleads guilty to insider trading @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Federal prosecutors say a former product manager received nonpublic information regarding multiple potential pharmaceutical mergers.
- Wage Watch: Transgender Army staffer wins landmark discrimination case @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
The decision is the latest action in a broader effort by the federal government to protect transgender and LGBT workers' rights.
- Scenes from Fortune’s 40 Under 40 bash @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Fortune honored the rising stars in business and government who made this year's list.
- Out of thin air, a business trend appears @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Technology from Chicago-based Mu Sigma helps the likes of Microsoft, Pfizer, and Wal-Mart identify valuable interconnections that can alter analytics results.
- After a dreadful 2013, UPS may hike prices for the holiday season @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
As it attempts to avoid last year's holiday debacle, UPS said it has plans to charge a premium for last minute Christmas deliveries.
- USPS gets approval to test grocery-delivery with Amazon in San Francisco @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
The Postal Service has been testing grocery delivery with AmazonFresh.
- Are we in a tech bubble? Silicon Valley says ‘yes’ and ‘no’ @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Five attendees from Fortune's 40 Under 40 party on Thursday weigh in.
- Spain toughens up on financial criminals @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
In the wake of Europe’s financial crisis, the hardest hit nations, including Spain, have upped their prosecutions and sentences of white-collar criminals.
- Your company is probably going to get hacked. Here’s how to protect it @ Fortune - 10 hours ago
Three Fortune 500 information security chiefs share their companies' secrets to staying safe.
- 10 weirdest reasons for not showing up to work @ Fortune - 10 hours ago
Some employees seem compelled to give an excuse to take a day off even when they don’t need one.
- SodaStream’s stock leaps on report of PepsiCo pact @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
Beverages giant is reportedly planning a small 10-week test run
- Hands off our hookers’ and dope dealers’ money, U.K. tells E.U. @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
New demands for budget money by Brussels is godsend to those looking to force PM Cameron to ditch the E.U.
- Dodge appeals to muscle car crowd with its Charger @ Fortune - 11 hours ago
Fiat Chrysler is offering the powerful sedan at a variety of price points.
- Bit Con? Veteran fraud expert sets his sights on bitcoin @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
Author Jeffrey Robinson argues that the bitcoin movement will end in tears for the little guy.
- Chiquita proves to be a slippery takeover target @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
Banana producer's shareholders reject stock-for-stock bid, opens door for competing all-cash offer
- Video: Conan O’Brien on Christian Bale as Steve Jobs @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
Shooting on Aaron Sorkin's biopic is a couple months off, but Team Conan has already posted a sneak preview.
- Term Sheet — Friday, October 24 @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
More from Fortune.com Term Sheet -- Thursday, October 23Term Sheet -- Wednesday, October 22Term Sheet -- Tuesday, October 21Term Sheet -- Monday, October 20Term Sheet -- Friday, October 17
- Airbnb’s valuation set to reach $13 billion after employee stock sale @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
Airbnb is set to become the second most valuable private company in Silicon Valley after employee stock sale.
- 6 bumps in the road automakers still face @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
Despite buoyant sales, larger issues loom.
- Ford earnings down on sales skid @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Earnings and sales are down at the American automaker.
- Chinese house price slump continues @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
No sign of turnaround despite measures to encourage buyers.
- How ready is New York City for Ebola? @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
The city says it's much more prepared for Ebola than Dallas.
- Data Sheet—Friday, October 24, 2014 @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Good morning, Data Sheet readers. Both Microsoft and Amazon issued their latest earning reports last night. The results are markedly different, but cloud computing is a bright spot for both. Is your data ...
- How to use that $900 billion of offshore cash to create U.S. jobs @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Here’s a simple and obvious way for companies to indirectly use cash to fund U.S. investments and create jobs.
- New Targets and new houses (oh, and Ebola) — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Here's what to know in business today.
- Procter & Gamble to shed Duracell brand @ Fortune - 15 hours ago
P&G reported overall net sales of $20.79 billion for the quarter ended September 30.
- The Broadsheet: October 24th @ Fortune - 15 hours ago
Good morning, Broadsheet readers. A tobacco CEO has banned smoking in her own offices and GM CEO Mary Barra posted better-than-expected results in the wake of the automaker’s recall. Read on for an exclusive ...
- Melinda Gates shares scalable ways to invest in women @ Fortune - 15 hours ago
Exclusive: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation co-chair explains why she is championing global investments in women and girls.
- The perils of crowdfunding a beer @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
Brewers have had mixed results and feelings about crowdfunding their projects.
- The little white lies we tell ourselves about money @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
Saving for college and retirement is one of life’s biggest investments, but surveys show they often come dead last.
- Target thinks outside the (big) box @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
Target CEO says the expansion of CityTarget and TargetExpress aims to help it win new urban customers.
- Peter Thiel: Peak oil lives! @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
The famed investor says the fracking revolution, fuel efficiency standards, and slowing demand have only bought us time in the search for a true technological breakthrough
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Grade in China: A. His company’s: Incomplete @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
The founder impressed everyone with his Mandarin, but Facebook’s hopes within China remain dim.
- E.U. agrees to cut emissions by 40% by 2030 @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
But big headline numbers mask retreat from earlier zeal, as Europeans shy away from further burdens on a stagnating economy.
- The fallacy of timesaving apps: They don’t save you much time @ Fortune - 18 hours ago
When your phone is less interesting, you look at it less. And that can make you feel like you have all the time in the world.
- Mayor urges calm as NYC gets its first Ebola case @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Health care worker isolated at Bellevue hospital after testing positive for virus a week after returning from Guinea.
- Health care worker tests positive for Ebola at New York City hospital @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
A test confirmed he has the virus,
- Twitter’s top female exec on discrimination and overcoming adversity @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
Twitter’s general counsel Vijaya Gadde says the KKK inspired her to pursue law.
- Don Draper, meet Doctor Who: AMC Networks buys stake in BBC America @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 7:06 PM EDT
The home of Mad Men and Breaking Bad makes a minority investment in the U.S. arm of the British broadcaster.
- How to be an entrepreneur happily married to an entrepreneur @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 6:43 PM EDT
One entrepreneur in the family is tough. Two is downright difficult. How to overcome it.
- Facebook launches anonymous chat app called ‘Rooms’ @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 5:29 PM EDT
The app allows people to form invite-only chat rooms based on common interests.
- Heavy growth puts drag on Amazon’s bottom line @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 5:29 PM EDT
Big spending and lower-than-expected forecast for the holiday season put a cloud over the e-commerce giant's shares.
- Microsoft’s revenue jumps, but profits decline on job cuts and Nokia costs @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 5:27 PM EDT
Shares of the tech giant rose 4% in after hours after reporting a 25% sales bump in the first quarter of its 2015 fiscal year.
- In online sales, could Wal-Mart ever top Amazon? @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
Wal-Mart is making progress in ecommerce but it is less than people think, says Mike Kwatinetz, a founding general partner at Azure Capital Partners.
- 9 Fortune 500 CEOs who are obsessed with sports — and really good, too @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 4:47 PM EDT
From the basketball court to the boardroom, these nine Fortune 500 CEOs show how being an athlete can help in business, too.
- The tech exec who’s trying to destroy Ebola @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 4:32 PM EDT
Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has pledged more money on top of a previous donation to help eradicate Ebola.
- Apple closes at a new all-time high of $104.83 @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
That's $733.81 in pre-split shares. And it pushes Apple's market cap to $614.9 billion.
- The ratings system that could change the TV industry forever @ Fortune - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
For the first time, digital devices and streaming services (and the viewers that embrace them) will be incorporated into Nielsen's industry standard ratings system.