- Big crowds in Alibaba’s hometown for China’s newest Apple store @ Fortune - 4 minutes 54 seconds ago
The photos so far are better than the videos.
- What 20 years in leadership has taught me @ Fortune - 28 minutes ago
Debbie Messemer, Managing Partner at KPMG San Francisco
- Handicapping Apple’s earnings @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Has a blow-out quarter already been baked in?
- India: The next superpower? @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Poverty and corruption is still rampant in India, but the world's third largest economy is poised to rise to superpower status.
- Wall Street: an option or obstacle for young women? @ Fortune - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 11:00 AM EST
Hope Newsome, Chief Compliance Officer of The Newport Group
- Apple, Tim Cook and the wealth distribution curve @ Fortune - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 8:22 AM EST
You don't have to be a bomb thrower to be troubled by Apple's compensation levels.
- 6 powerful women at Davos you may not know — but should @ Fortune - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 6:12 AM EST
Angela Merkel and Marissa Mayer may get most of the attention at Davos, but these women also are worth following.
- Most Americans are spending less than $2 per gallon for gas @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 6:21 PM EST
The average household will save $750 on gas this year.
- Box IPO: The $120 million that got away @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:28 PM EST
Call it the Wall Street IPO blueprint. Big powerful investors got most of Box’s shares at a fabulous bargain price.
- MasterCard to allow transactions in Cuba using U.S.-issued cards @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:23 PM EST
Cards issued in the U.S. can be used for transactions in Cuba starting March 1.
- Gap drops Piperlime to focus on fixing its major brands @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:18 PM EST
Piperlime's sales never exceeded $100 million, so Gap Inc prefers to focus on its namesake and Banana Republic brands to prop up flagging sales.
- How many Macs did Apple sell last quarter? (update) @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:12 PM EST
Ten days later, IDC’s estimate of 5.75 million still looks high to Fortune’s panel of analysts.
- Online file storage service Box soars on its first day of trading @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:48 PM EST
Shares gained over 65% after going public in yet another sign of the huge appetite for new tech stocks.
- McDonald’s CEO: Give us time for a turnaround @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:38 PM EST
The beleaguered chain acknowledges its food may not "align with consumers' definition of quality" and reveals that it's seeking help with its "menu vision."
- Did Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah have a soft spot for women’s progress? @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:22 PM EST
The country's late leader created real, if small, progress for Saudi women.
- Business chiefs hitch a ride to India with President Obama @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:49 PM EST
CEOs from top U.S. companies are joining the President on his trip this weekend to the world's biggest democracy.
- Renegade is the latest Jeep variant from a rebounding Fiat Chrysler @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:35 PM EST
The subcompact crossover shares its mechanical architecture with the Fiat 500X.
- Davos CEOs seek to boost the image of business @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:36 PM EST
Corporate leaders are making a greater effort to shore up the public case for capitalism.
- Top Manhattan prosecutor will challenge landmark insider trading case @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:06 PM EST
U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara will try to overturn a ruling hampering conviction of "remote tippees"
- UPS slammed by a different holiday season mess-up @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:05 PM EST
UPS cuts its profit forecast, blaming the cost of extra measures it took to ensure deliveries were on time during the 2014 holiday season, and hinted it would start charging retailers more.
- ESPN enters the e-sports arena @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:49 PM EST
The sports entertainment network has rapidly expanded its coverage of the burgeoning professional video game sector.
- Box CEO Aaron Levie on IPO and what (some) investors didn’t understand @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:47 PM EST
Box CEO explains that his company is about the software, not the storage.
- Middle class homeowners finally get some good news @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:34 PM EST
Prices of homes at the bottom end of the market are finally starting to rise faster than the market overall.
- Anheuser-Busch taps craft industry with Elysian Brewing deal @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:22 PM EST
Acquisition comes just a few months after AB bought craft brewer 10 Barrel
- Lloyd’s CEO: Cyber attacks cost companies $400 billion every year @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:03 PM EST
Last year, the insurance industry took in $2.5 billion in premiums on policies to protect companies from losses resulting from hacks.
- Energy Department announces council on job strategy as industry faces cuts @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 12:35 PM EST
As the oil industry faces steep job cuts, the U.S. government is taking action.
- As Greece prepares to vote, a new age of Eurozone tension begins @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 12:14 PM EST
Post-election bargaining to revive the tradition of high-stakes games of chicken between debtors and creditors
- Japan’s Big Three are still bullish on pickups @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 12:08 PM EST
Nissan, Toyota and Honda are not ready to surrender in the U.S. market.
- Fortune Live January 23, 2015: Unicorns, Marriott, and plunging oil @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 11:53 AM EST
Watch Fortune Live right here starting at 3pm Eastern.
- No more Bigfoot garden statues?!? SkyMall files for bankruptcy @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 11:47 AM EST
The 25-year old in-flight catalog's revenue has dipped recently thanks to the prevalence of mobile devices and WiFi on airplanes.
- Hutchison Whampoa close to buying UK’s 02 for $15 billion @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 11:31 AM EST
Li Ka-Shing's foreign buying spree continues as speculation grows over a rift with the authorities in Beijing.
- Memo enables anonymous office gossip. The crazy thing? Companies might actually like it @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 11:06 AM EST
Managers never get the unvarnished truth because employees are too incentivized to protect themselves. A new app could change that dynamic.
- Expedia is buying Travelocity for $280 million @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 10:50 AM EST
The two travel sites will now be on the same team.
- Decoding Mitt Romney’s new mission to ‘end the scourge of poverty’ @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 10:33 AM EST
The former Massachusetts governor recently said he is considering another U.S. presidential run under a new platform to fight poverty, but his populist-like campaign won’t fix his disconnect with American ...
- McDonald’s U.S. sales drop for fifth consecutive quarter @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 8:30 AM EST
Revenue across the company tumbled 7% to $6.57 billion.
- Box starts trading and Uber’s back in Delhi–5 things to know today @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 8:10 AM EST
Here's what you need to know to start your day.
- GE profit rises, helped by power, aviation units @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 8:05 AM EST
Earnings stood at 51 cents a share for the fourth quarter, up from 31 cents last year.
- Alibaba CEO Jack Ma says slower growth is good for China @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:54 AM EST
With a nod to Forrest Gump, Alibaba's founder tells Davos he'd rather focus on building his own 'World Trade Organization' than worry about the Chinese economy's slowdown.
- Sony seeks to delay earnings due to hacking scandal @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:52 AM EST
The company is seeking a deadline extension to the end of March as it gets its systems running again.
- ‘Light Girls’ producer Stephanie Frederic on colorism and her Hollywood success @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:30 AM EST
The media exec talks about her newest project and lessons learned throughout her career.
- European markets in carnival mood after ECB’s QE promise @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:10 AM EST
Bonds, stocks all surge in anticipation of ECB pump-priming, as the euro falls to a new 12-year low against the dollar.
- How Megyn Kelly’s husband, Sheryl Sandberg (and I) realized she’s a big deal @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:05 AM EST
How to explain the phenomenal rise of Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly? She and her high-powered super-fan at Facebook share a key trait of highly successful people.
- Chart: Demand for Apple’s iPhone 6/6+ stays strong @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 6:30 AM EST
ChangeWave's "intend to purchase" at the 3-month mark has never been higher.
- Ex-Thai PM Yingluck impeached by junta-backed lawmakers @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:22 AM EST
Vote threatens to deepen the rift between Thailand's rural masses and its conservative ruling elite, backed by the new military government.
- Uruguay’s most unexpected champion of capitalism @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:00 AM EST
As José Mujica's five-year presidential term comes to a close, Uruguay has become a bastion of pragmatic economic policies that favor business and foreign investment. Not what you would have imagined from ...
- Meet the asteroid mining executive of Davos: No joke @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:00 AM EST
Planetary Resources' Chris Lewicki plans to launch rockets into space that will hook up with asteroids and start digging for water.
- Corporate diversity programs: No white men need apply? @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:00 AM EST
Intentionally or not, many corporate diversity efforts shut white men out of the conversation. That's a huge mistake.
- Ebola fight has reached a ‘turning point’ in West Africa, WHO says @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:27 AM EST
But the World Health Organization says vigilance is imperative to prevent reinfection in seemingly eradicated areas
- Uber resumes services in New Delhi after applying for license @ Fortune - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:19 AM EST
Uber backs down over license requirement in order to reopen one of the world's largest markets.
- Shape the Future: Q&A: Gavin Andresen, chief scientist, Bitcoin Foundation @ Fortune - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 9:00 PM EST
What will make digital currency viable in the mainstream? Fortune ponders the possibilities with the Bitcoin Foundation's chief scientist.