- Why doesn't Apple cut its prices and sell more iPhones? @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
The market share vs. profit share debate rages on.
- Horace Dediu has four questions for Apple's Tim Cook @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 5:13 PM EDT
In advance of Cook's appearance at D11 next week, a deep dive into Apple's business.
- Exclusive: Better Place to file for bankruptcy @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:37 PM EDT
Electric car network runs out of gas.
- What job cuts really mean for ESPN @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:06 PM EDT
The Disney-owned sports media giant is laying off 300 to 400 people. But should we be worried about its fiscal future?
- Web-like analytics are coming to brick-and-mortar stores @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:27 PM EDT
A company called Placed is applying some of the methods used online to the real world.
- Lessons from the best commencement speakers @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:09 PM EDT
Guest Post by Mary Civiello
- In denial: Corporate America's blindness to gender discrimination @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:03 PM EDT
How can a company expect to survive, let alone thrive, if half of its talent pool is excluded from key positions? Most companies can't even recognize they have a problem with gender discrimination.
- Apple's defenders count the errors in Microsoft's anti-iPad ads @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:53 AM EDT
Did Microsoft stretch the truth in spots promoting a tablet that runs Windows?
- The definitive sign GM is firing on all cylinders @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:38 AM EDT
The Detroit giant is moving its treasury staff to the Mid-West.
- Automattic nears Tumblr valuation @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:31 AM EDT
WordPress.com parent company raises $50 million.
- Fortune Brainstorm Podcast: Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:53 AM EDT
This week, we take a look at Caterpillar, a manufacturing titan with a history of conflict over worker wages.
- U.S. Judge in e-book antitrust trial says Apple is likely to lose @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 8:10 AM EDT
It doesn't start until June 3, but the judge is already working on a draft of her decision.
- P&G goes back to the future @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:25 AM EDT
In a sudden shakeup, Bob McDonald is out as CEO and former CEO AG Lafley is in. Bill Ackman is pleased.
- New Apple TV ad series: Every day, more people ... @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 5:59 AM EDT
First, take photos. Second, enjoy their music. What's next?
- Health care reform's unexpected victims @ Fortune - Fri, May 24, 2013 5:04 AM EDT
A new study suggests that American insurers may start prohibiting premium payments via debit or credit card, a move that will put Americans without bank accounts in a major bind.
- Apple, Android and a truckload of watermelons @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:04 PM EDT
Looking at market share vs. profit share every which way to Sunday.
- Barclays aims for redemption @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:19 PM EDT
Culture changes at banks come and go, but many fail. How Barclays plans to pull this off.
- The 4 hedge funders losing big in the Japan rout @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:42 PM EDT
And one winner: Kyle Bass
- Mercedes is perfecting the auto-pilot @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:34 PM EDT
The German car giant's new S Class sedan drives itself. Starting price: $100,000.
- Jon Stewart on Tim Cook, Apple's taxes and the subcommittee @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:21 PM EDT
"Who are those people? What is the opposite of a Genius Bar?"
- 6 things you didn't know about the Xbox One. (Really) @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:03 PM EDT
We looked to Microsoft Senior Vice President Yusuf Mehdi to learn more about what the company's new videogame console can and can't do.
- Why PayPal is bullish on Bitcoin @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:51 PM EDT
President David Marcus tells Fortune why he embraces digital currency, how he thinks the trend will play out, and when Americans can reasonably expect to go wallet-less.
- Mailbox comes to the iPad @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:44 PM EDT
The popular mobile inbox app, which generated buzz with a digital queue for sign-ups, is now available for the iPad.
- What I learned working for Martha Stewart @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:20 PM EDT
FORTUNE -- Beatrice Mwasi was looking for a spark. The founder of Sanabora Design House had founded a leather workshop in Kenya a decade ago and transformed it into a broad accessories and home goods ......
- Analyst: Apple caught 'flat footed' in Asian smartphone race @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:03 PM EDT
Says current iPhones are "poorly aligned" with the factors driving smartphone growth.
- Feel guilty for taking leave? You're not alone. @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:58 AM EDT
Federal law entitles you to unpaid time off for family health issues (or your own), but how do you answer coworkers who resent it?
- Can KKR dance the Saks two-step? @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:12 AM EDT
Merging Saks with Neiman Marcus may make sense, but it won't be easy.
- What tummy tucks can teach us about health care reform @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:17 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom is that market forces don't apply to pricing for medical care. A new study of the cosmetic surgery industry shows how wrong that belief is.
- Private equity deals @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:13 AM EDT
Apax Partners has agreed to acquire specialty apparel retailer Rue21 (Nasdaq: RUE) for approximately $1.1 billion, or $42 per share (23% premium to yesterday's closing price). Apax previously owned Ru......
- U.K.'s Cameron to China, India: We're open for business @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 8:52 AM EDT
Prime Minister David Cameron says openness to foreign investment is competitive advantage for Britain (and Ratan Tata is always welcome at Downing Street).
- Joe Nocera does it again @ Fortune - Thu, May 23, 2013 7:35 AM EDT
On the New York Times Op-Ed page he calls Apple's Tim Cook a liar.
- Forecast of the day: iPhone and Galaxy June sales @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 7:14 PM EDT
Google Trends says Apple beats low expectations, Samsung momentum stays strong.
- Bloomberg: Apple stuck bond buyers with a '$280 million loss' @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:48 PM EDT
As if Apple's bonds the only ones whose price fell as interest rates climbed.
- Dimon's victory may be taxpayers' regret @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 1:32 PM EDT
While short-term shareholders may cheer the JP Morgan CEO's retention of the chair spot, this will harm the board's ability to rein in risk.
- Guess which senator asked Apple the smartest questions? @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 1:24 PM EDT
To the surprise of many, it was the Tea Party candidate from Wisconsin.
- It's been 10 years: Google is officially a New Yorker @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:57 PM EDT
The search giant opened its New York City office a decade ago. Time flies.
- 3 surprising reasons to cheer falling commodities @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 11:11 AM EDT
Prices of everything from gold to oil to corn are falling fast. Here's how you can benefit.
- New York City loses its private equity boss @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 11:01 AM EDT
Head of NYC private equity investments heads to private firm in which NYC pension invested.
- How much did Tumblr's VCs really make? @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:36 AM EDT
Reports of VC returns on Tumblr have been greatly exaggerated.
- Tim Cook's testimony on Apple's taxes: The reviews are in @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:16 AM EDT
Reporters wrote two kinds of second-day stories, with two very different takes.
- Women are breaking through the 'concrete ceiling' Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 8:33 AM EDT
We've all heard about the glass ceiling, but it looks the concrete one might be harder to crack. According to the National Women's Law Center, in 2010 women held a tiny percentage -- 2.6 -- of the U.S.'s ...
- Even small business is bigger in Texas @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 8:19 AM EDT
Bolstered by biotech, a building boom, and a business-friendly legislature, fledgling companies have recently found growth -- and growing pains -- in the Lone Star State.
- Nobody puts baby food in a corner Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 8:18 AM EDT
As a health nut and foodie, 36-year-old Shazi Visram had a problem with processed baby food. Namely, it was gross, and people felt bad about feeding it to their kids. But most parents are pressed for time ...
- Move over Mr. Mayor, cities are getting chief innovation officers @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 7:45 AM EDT
Towns are taking a page from the corporate world in an effort to make strapped municipal governments more efficient.
- The Xbox One has one major problem @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 7:10 AM EDT
Microsoft's Xbox One is being touted as the only peripheral your TV needs—except for your cable box, the only thing it apparently can't work without.
- auto wars @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 7:03 AM EDT
Influential auto analyst John Murphy sees some stability for the world's automakers in the next few years. But don't look for any significant shifts in market share.
- Goldman pushes hedge funds for your 401(k) @ Fortune - Wed, May 22, 2013 5:04 AM EDT
Wall Street is rolling out low-minimum mutual funds that will let you lose money like a high roller.
- [video] Why nuclear is still a booming business @ Fortune - Tue, May 21, 2013 5:26 PM EDT
- Mr. Cook came to Washington and escaped unscathed @ Fortune - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:15 PM EDT
No one laid a glove on Apple's CEO, not even the subcommittee's hostile chairman.
- Jamie Dimon dominates, again @ Fortune - Tue, May 21, 2013 1:14 PM EDT
The highly anticipated JPMorgan shareholder meeting felt more like a lunch gathering of a local Toastmasters than Ground Zero of the governance movement.