- Boeing’s earnings take off again @ Fortune - 3 minutes 21 seconds ago
The aerospace giant has raised its full-year profit forecast.
- ECB eyes corporate bond buys to boost stimulus effect @ Fortune - 9 minutes ago
Frankfurt prepares another step on the route of "whatever it takes" to save the euro.
- Cars, planes and cheesecake — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 26 minutes ago
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Verbatim: Apple’s Tim Cook defends the iPad @ Fortune - 32 minutes ago
"We don’t like negative numbers," says Apple's CEO, after yet another quarter of shrinking sales.
- What’s in a name? A high-pressure job @ Fortune - 33 minutes ago
Behind every creative corporate name likely is a branding consultant. Meet someone who gets paid to dream these up.
- The Broadsheet: October 22nd @ Fortune - 50 minutes ago
Good morning, Broadsheet readers. Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer surprised investors yesterday with slightly better-than-expected earnings, and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer defended his successor’s comments ...
- KPMG dives into strategy business with new practice @ Fortune - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Exclusive: Business leaders across industries are facing unprecedented change. KPMG is adding on a new strategy unit to help them prepare for those ever-growing disruptors.
- Why Detroit is a great city for female entrepreneurs @ Fortune - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Detroit was built on the backs of Henry Ford and his automotive brethren. But this time, when Detroit rises, it may well be built by young women.
- Ebola: a wake-up call? @ Fortune - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
We live in a golden age of freedom from pathogens—a wonderful but recent and fragile state. We cannot presume it is here to stay.
- Russia calls Europe’s bluff on Ukraine gas deal @ Fortune - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Talks break down after E.U. refuses to guarantee Kyiv's payment for this winter's gas.
- Fear returns to Brazil’s markets as Rousseff edges ahead in poll @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Leftist leader shakes off accusations of corruption at Petrobras ahead of Sunday run-off.
- The great American oil debate: Is cheap fuel good for the U.S.? @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
The 1980s may offer a key to understanding whether cheap oil gives us a reason to cheer.
- Airbnb is officially legal in San Francisco @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
After months of heated debate among rental platforms, hosts and lawmakers, city leaders voted to regulate and allow short-term rentals.
- Target puts focus back on ‘cheap-chic’ with eye on winning back holiday shoppers @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
Retailer betting on more exclusives, free shipping to get its mojo back this Christmas season.
- Apple and GT have agreed to an ‘amicable parting of the ways’ @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
Under the terms of the agreement -- yet to be approved by the court -- GT would settle its debt to Apple by selling off 2,039 sapphire furnaces.
- Daimler cashes in on Tesla stake @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
The German automaker had been an investor since 2009, when Tesla was a small upstart with an uncertain future.
- Former NSA chief on cyber attacks: ‘We’ve got to work together’ @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Keith Alexander, the former director of the U.S. National Security Agency, says there ought to be fewer secrets between businesses and government agencies.
- Workaholics who skip vacation are forfeiting $52.4 billion annually @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
U.S. workers fail to take 169 million days of paid time-off annually, a new study shows.
- Yahoo’s minuscule growth is enough to exceed expectations @ Fortune - 15 hours ago
The search giant had seen its revenue fall in four of the previous five quarters.
- Daniel Loeb urges Amgen to split into two companies @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
Influential hedge fund manager says the biotech giant should divide into separate companies to lift share price.
- Stocks stage a rebound as tech sector rallies @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
Good results from several major tech companies, including Apple, lift markets. Dow back in the black for 2014.
- The untapped voting power of Gen-Y women @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
A millennial entrepreneur works to rally her peers to get to the booths during November's midterm elections.
- These are the 5 coolest features of OS X Yosemite @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
These features come free on Apple's latest desktop upgrade.
- Warren Buffett’s having a rough week — and it’s only Tuesday @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
The investing guru has lost about $2 billion so far this week due to poor results from IBM and Coca-Cola.
- What happens when you get drunk and kill Putin’s friend with your snowplow? @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Investigators suspect driver and dispatchers of being intoxicated when Total CEO's jet crashed on take-off in Moscow.
- Should the chairman be the CEO? @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Put simply, no. Splitting the roles saves money and improves a company's performance. So why isn’t Corporate America listening?
- Airlines hike prices on domestic flights @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
JetBlue initiated the $4 fare increase
- As wearables get hot, these 6 industries are poised to capitalize @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
A PricewaterhouseCoopers estimates about 130 million wearable devices will be sold by 2018.
- Ebola vaccine testing could start soon @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
WHO hopes for clinical trials to begin in January
- Can these Oracle and Microsoft veterans reinvent the data warehouse? @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Emerging from stealth with $26 million in backing, Snowflake Computing is taking on both legacy players and Amazon Web Services.
- Is it finally time to cut cable? @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
As media companies begin making their wares available to stream, our resident personal technology columnist revisits cutting the cord.
- Tech mogul Sean Parker befriends politics (and parking) @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Sean Parker, the former Facebook president and Napster co-founder, is in the cross-hairs for his support of a car-friendly ballot initiative in San Francisco.
- Employers are hiring more slowly than at any time since 2001 @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
The average number of days it took to fill an open position rose to 26.5 working days, according to a new study.
- Harley-Davidson revs up sales, but earnings are skidding @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Harley-Davidson, the maker of the all-American motorcycle, reported better-than-expected quarterly financial results Tuesday, lifted by strong sales of its products in key markets, including the United ...
- Company directors are deep-sixing Google links citing ‘right to be forgotten’ @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Scores of British and Spanish company directors have removed Google links to information they are required by law to disclose.
- Why Bill Gates is wrong about taxing consumers @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
The billionaire and Microsoft founder’s analysis of Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the Twenty-First Century gets a lot right, but his idea supporting a consumption tax could actually widen income inequality, ...
- Existing-home sales reach their highest pace of the year @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Existing-home sales bounced back in September, the National Association of Realtors reported, with sales reaching their highest pace of 2014 and the latest indication the sector’s recovery is progressing. ...
- Was that down jacket humanely made? @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
A consortium of apparel makers wants the answer to that question to be "yes." Here's how they're achieving it.
- At a job interview, how do you explain a low GPA? @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
You can tell the truth, but avoid sounding like a complainer, according to Quora's contributors.
- 5 CEOs who quit for the right reasons @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
Not many people are built for the long hours, high stress, target-on-your-back reality that comes with running a large company. You’re constantly subject to the demands of the board of directors, upset ...
- Verizon gains more customers, but less profit @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
Verizon added over 1.5 million new cellular contracts in the third quarter, even as its profit missed expectations.
- McDonald’s lays out fix for deepening sales decline @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
The solution? Focus on food quality, digital strategy.
- World-renowned fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies aged 82 @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
Fashion guru shot to fame in the 1960s after dressing Jackie Kennedy.
- China’s slowness in moving to the cloud hits IBM @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
The company’s latest results show Big Blue is still disappointing in the country.
- Coke expands its cost-cutting program as earnings slide @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
The North America market remains a problem for the beverage giant and its top rival PepsiCo.
- Apple’s blow-out earnings: What the analysts are saying – update @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
Excerpts from the notes we've seen so far.
- Term Sheet — Tuesday, October 21 @ Fortune - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:28 AM EDT
More from Fortune.com Term Sheet -- Monday, October 20Term Sheet -- Friday, October 17Term Sheet -- Thursday, October 16Term Sheet -- Wednesday, October 15Term Sheet -- Tuesday, October 14
- A Big Mac, a Coke and a data breach — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- 3 ways to make skyscrapers safer @ Fortune - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Glow-in-the-dark signs, not helipads, will help more occupants evacuate a building, an architecture professor argues.
- Data Sheet—Tuesday, October 21, 2014 @ Fortune - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 7:57 AM EDT
Good morning, Data Sheet readers. Apple’s iPad sales are still lagging, but that’s one of the few negatives in its Q4 earnings report. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella boasts the most “complete” cloud for businesses. ...