- 6 lessons from a ‘Shark Tank’ winner @ Fortune - 7 minutes ago
An appearance on the show seemed an unattainable goal. There was as much to learn reaching for it as there was attaining it.
- We’ll soon know more about Amazon’s cloud business than ever before @ Fortune - 11 minutes ago
Amazon will start breaking out its cloud computing business
- Expecting a surge in customers for the Super Bowl? How these 5 franchises do it. @ Fortune - 23 minutes ago
Here's how Papa John's, Blimpie and other franchises are getting ready for one of their busiest days of the year.
- 4 Super Bowl ads that nailed it! @ Fortune - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
From talking babies to working chimps, what draws viewers to America's biggest game of the year is often unexpected.
- Do NFL cheerleaders need their own Bill of Rights? @ Fortune - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
One legislator in California thinks so.
- Qualities your next mentor should have @ Fortune - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Because finding one isn't always easy
- What times the Super Bowl? @ Fortune - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
The answer: A clock made by a company in South Dakota.
- Fortune Live for January 30, 2015: Super Bowl ads, Rolls-Royce joyride, Shake Shack vs. McDonald’s @ Fortune - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Our signature weekly business show, hosted by Leigh Gallagher, begins at 3 p.m. Eastern.
- Obama launches a DNA data drive to revolutionize disease treatments @ Fortune - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
New Precision Medicine Initiative aims to catalog the DNA of at least 1 million Americans in order to ‘bring us closer to curing diseases like cancer and diabetes.’
- Today’s huge IPO news (no, not Shake Shack) @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Gene therapy isn't as sexy as shakes. But Spark Therapeutics raised more money than Shake Shack, and is now worth nearly as much.
- Exclusive First Drive: the Rolls-Royce Nighthawk and Larry Fitzgerald in Super Bowl City @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Who could say no to the opportunity to drive around with an NFL legend?
- Smile! You’re on the world’s quickest 2-D camera @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Researchers have created the fastest imaging device of its type—a tool that may transform biomedicine, telecommunications, and more.
- Romney abandons 2016 campaign for president @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Three weeks after raising expectations, Romney steps out of the spotlight
- Think you’ve heard every excuse for lateness? Check these out @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
One employee feared his boss wouldn't believe his car trunk was stolen. So he took a picture.
- This chart explains why stocks have more room to fall @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Based on some measures, the stock market is the most expensive it has been since at least 1951 and probably ever.
- Chart of the day: How Apple overtook Samsung – for now @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Samsung will probably be back on top next quarter, but the damage has been done.
- Coming to a car near you: electronic license plates @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
With wireless connectivity, digital license plates could alert authorities when a car has been stolen or its registration has expired.
- In Spain, the fight for Catalan independence comes down to cash money @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Residents of Catalonia claim that Spain’s central government take too much of their tax money and have made decisions that hurt the region.
- Russia’s choice: save the ruble – or the oligarchs? @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Russia's central bank has cut interest rates by 2% after businesses protested they were being choked. The result is another new low for the ruble, hitting ordinary Russians instead.
- Slowing U.S. economy, worker pay likely to give the Fed pause @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
After this morning’s weaker-than-expected GDP number, the chances that a rate hike is coming in June just got a little smaller.
- Wearable technology that controls your brain @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
Can Thync's electronic headset reduce your anxiety better than caffeine, alcohol, or drugs?
- Takata airbag recall puts a dent in Honda’s profit @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Another concern of Honda in the short-term: declining gas prices.
- Data Sheet—Friday, January 30, 2015 @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Good morning, Data Sheet readers! A busy week ends with Google disappointment and a surprise Amazon profit. It’s also National Croissant Day, and I encourage you to indulge in buttery goodness as you read ...
- Shake Shack’s debut and slowing growth — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Mattel’s Barbie sales down for a third consecutive year @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
Iconic doll is facing pressure from Disney’s ‘Frozen’ line, which has become a juggernaut in the toy aisle.
- Women are not making progress in male-dominated VC world, data shows @ Fortune - 7 hours ago
After a year of talk about the lack of female venture capitalists, not much has changed.
- The NBA is coming to China, courtesy of Tencent @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
The National Basketball Association and Tencent Holdings Ltd said Friday the Shenzhen-based Internet giant will be the only company in China to stream the league’s online content. The exclusive, five-year ...
- Senator Collins: Intelligence agencies are not equipped to keep America safe @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Homegrown terrorists are "one of the biggest threats that our nation faces," says the Senator.
- How female founders can join the Unicorn Club @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Billion-dollar startups led by women are rare. The solution? Same as always: Bootstrap, create a great product, be confident, and hire well.
- Jay-Z just dropped $56 million on a Scandinavian streaming company @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
He may not have much in common with Taylor Swift...but are they both challenging Spotify now?
- Meet Melinda Toporoff, the woman behind Puppy Bowl XI @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Talk about brave. She produces the show that goes head-to-head with the Super Bowl.
- Tapped In: 8 craft beers for your Super Bowl party @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
Last year, Americans spent just shy of $536 million on beer during the Big Game. And as we get more selective about what we drink, it's critical to have the right choices on hand.
- 8 of the world’s most exclusive clubs — can you join? @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
One of them -- the Alfalfa Club -- is holding its annual banquet on Saturday night.
- Fire in haste, repent at leisure: Sanofi wonders why it can’t find a new CEO @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
France's largest company can't find a French-speaking pharma expert who wants to work for its mercurial board.
- Driver killed in Houston crash in Honda with Takata air bags @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Since 2008, defective Takata air bags have been linked to at least five deaths, dozens of injuries and the recall of more than 24 million cars worldwide.
- Amazon makes money; says little about it @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Once again, the e-commerce giant keeps its owners - i.e. shareholders - in the dark about the business details.
- Shake Shack prices IPO, extra toppings included @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
The popular burger priced its IPO Thursday night above the expected range. Trading is set to begin Friday.
- Uber faces lawsuit in U.S. court over alleged Delhi passenger rape @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Alleged victim says the ride hailing service failed to protect her and that the company has since "shunned" all contact.
- Google’s growth underwhelms as spending balloons @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
The Internet giant's fourth-quarter revenue fell short of analysts' expectations, sending the company's shares down in after-hours trading.
- Amazon flips on the profit switch for Q4 earnings @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
The company beats expectations on earnings but misses on revenue—and, crucially, turns a profit.
- Why China is nervous about its role in the world @ Fortune - 22 hours ago
China’s fear of closer ties between the U.S. and India may indicate growing economic problems at home
- Unpaid interns have their day in court—again @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
On Friday, a federal appeals court will review earlier court decisions that left unpaid internship in legal limbo.
- Keystone XL advances in U.S. Senate, faces Obama veto @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
The House of Representatives has already voted nine times to approve the project.
- Deconstructing the buzz around the Ford GT supercar @ Fortune - 23 hours ago
Is the 'halo car' tarnished?
- Kenny G claims he helped inspire the Starbucks frappuccino @ Fortune - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 2:58 PM EST
The saxophonist and Starbucks investor says he played a role in convincing CEO Howard Schultz to bring the blended drink to Starbucks's menu.
- Can you launch a career outside the U.S.? @ Fortune - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 2:49 PM EST
About half of Americans say they'd leave the country to find their dream job. One-third would move clear across the globe. A few tips on how to start your search.
- 5 signs Coach could rebound @ Fortune - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 2:36 PM EST
Coach's sales continued to plummet, but the handbag maker's quarterly results showed the brand could yet rebound.
- McDonald’s CEO exit erodes diversity among Fortune 500 execs @ Fortune - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 2:32 PM EST
Only four Fortune 500 companies will now be steered by an African American leader.
- Harvard Business School has a ‘Japan Problem’ @ Fortune - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 1:17 PM EST
MBA applicants to the prestigious business school from Japan have dwindled to a precious few. Harvard is beefing up its admissions presence in Tokyo to counter the trend.