- Why money is pouring into enterprise storage startups @ Fortune - 13 minutes ago
DataStax, Tintri, Nutanix, Pure Storage—the parade of well-funded enterprise storage startups continues to grow as businesses look for more nimble and efficient ways to store information and run applications ...
- Frozen: Do you wanna build an empire? @ Fortune - 50 minutes ago
Disney’s ice princess movie is already the top-grossing animated film of all time. It’s on track to become one of the most profitable franchises, too.
- Procter & Gamble sells soap brands to Unilever @ Fortune - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
The Anglo-Dutch company is buying all of Camay, and the Zest brand outside of the North America and Caribbean markets.
- F-Squared admits to fraud charges, will pay SEC $35 million @ Fortune - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
The fund company admitted that it had falsely marketed an investment strategy as if it was based on actual historical results when, in fact, it had been based on a faulty, backward-looking model.
- The iPhone, the carriers and the credit mules @ Fortune - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
A FedEx package that broke open in California puts those long lines outside New York City's Apple Stores in a harsh new light.
- 10 classic J.C. Penney house brands from 1914 to now @ Fortune - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
J.C. Penney has long received half of its sales from its own brands. Here is a look back at some classics all the way to 2014.
- J.C. Penney’s secret comeback sauce? Its own brands @ Fortune - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
J.C. Penney gets half of its sales from its stable of private brands. A top company executive told Fortune how he plans to get more mileage out of that business.
- China’s Xiaomi is now worth more than Uber @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Chinese cell phone maker valued at more than $45 billion after raising $1 billion in new funding.
- 3 things you need to know about American Apparel’s new CEO @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Paula Schneider officially takes the reins January 5. Here's what you need to know.
- Best restaurants open on Christmas @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Cheers to these restaurants that work overtime to deck the halls and concoct special Christmastime menus.
- Exclusive: Data Collective raises $125 million for ‘opportunity’ fund @ Fortune - 3 hours ago
Data Collective raises new fund to support its existing portfolio companies.
- American Apparel approached about possible takeover @ Fortune - 4 hours ago
Potential bid comes less than a week after the company fired CEO Dov Charney and named a successor.
- Term Sheet — Monday, December 21 @ Fortune - 5 hours ago
More from Fortune.com Term Sheet -- Friday, December 19Term Sheet -- Thursday, December 18Term Sheet -- Wednesday, December 17Term Sheet -- Tuesday, December 16Term Sheet -- Monday, December 15
- Data Sheet—Monday, December 22, 2014 @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Good morning, readers. Welcome to your Monday morning high-tech legal update. Among the highlights: Cisco has asked the ITC to keep rival Arista Networks from selling products while its intellectual property ...
- Crunch time for UPS and Google challenges Amazon — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Sony still deciding where to stream ‘The Interview’ @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Some reports have named Crackle, Sony's free online streaming service, as the distribution venue.
- The Broadsheet: December 22nd @ Fortune - 6 hours ago
Good morning Broadsheet readers. Meredith Whitney’s hedge fund may be in trouble, Sony has hired the real-life Olivia Pope handle its hacking scandal and President Obama made gender history in his last ...
- The fund that was too good to be true @ Fortune - 8 hours ago
Money manager F-Squared used a hot ETF strategy to collect billions. But the numbers didn’t add up.
- Management lessons from Sony’s gender pay gap @ Fortune - 9 hours ago
A male producer at Sony makes about $800,000 more than his female equivalent. What are the takeaways for managers?
- Is Henry Blodget, gasp, right about Apple and the BBC? @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
'Oh, lookie," exclaims the MacDailyNews. "The Beeb has stirred up the moron’s nest."
- Why the next world war will be fought over food @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
The world has a massive food crisis -- so big that the World Bank and the United Nations say there won’t be enough food to feed the global population by 2050. But feeding the world is big business.
- Family Dollar vote and market closings–5 things to know for the week ahead @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Here's what you need to know for the week ahead in business.
- Why cyber warfare is so attractive to small nations @ Fortune - Sun, Dec 21, 2014 11:27 AM EST
Enabled by Internet connectivity, cyber war provides more bang for the buck than investment in conventional weapons.
- Turning girls of color into robot-obsessed techies @ Fortune - Sun, Dec 21, 2014 9:00 AM EST
Black Girls Code tackles Silicon Valley’s diversity problem with rovers, Play-doh and circuits.
- Sony’s conundrum: Whether to release ‘The Interview’ online @ Fortune - Sun, Dec 21, 2014 6:00 AM EST
After deciding against premiering the film to theaters, the movie studio could make it available online. Here are a few possibilities (and a few counterarguments).
- I work at Sony Pictures. This is what it was like after we got hacked. @ Fortune - Sat, Dec 20, 2014 4:01 PM EST
An employee of Sony Pictures Entertainment outlines what they went through following North Korea's alleged cyber attack on the company.
- Jesse Jackson talks diversity in Silicon Valley @ Fortune - Sat, Dec 20, 2014 8:00 AM EST
Why Silicon Valley needs to open its doors to make its workforce more diverse.
- Former Chrysler expands Takata airbag recall @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Automaker said it would replace the inflators in a far greater number of cars than before.
- Staples: Breach may have affected 1.16 million customers’ cards @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:54 PM EST
The office-supply retailer gave new details about a breach at more than 100 of its stores.
- McDonald’s hit with labor violation complaints @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:40 PM EST
The NLRB has filed complaints against the fast-food giant, including allegations that the company engaged in illegal firing and intimidation of staff who protested working conditions.
- Rent the Runway raises $60 million @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:37 PM EST
A rush of new investment for the company, which rents apparel and accessories.
- As ‘Serial’ ends, the future of podcasting brightens @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:32 PM EST
The National Public Radio offshoot was a smash hit, but it's really phones, cars, and streaming services that will help the medium soar.
- Wage Watch: Workers in 20 states to get a New Year’s raise @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Increases to state minimum wages across the country will raise pay for 4.4 million workers. That and other news from the world of worker pay.
- Obama weighs in on Sony hack, calls decision to shelve movie ‘a mistake’ @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:49 PM EST
‘They caused a lot of damage. And we will respond,’ Obama tells reporters.
- How Neiman Marcus is harnessing its e-commerce firepower @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Neiman Marcus merged its store and e-commerce teams last year, and CEO Karen Katz tells Fortune it is improving customer service and inventory management.
- T-Mobile to pay $90 million to refund unwanted mobile charges @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:53 PM EST
The mobile phone company had originally called the complained "unfounded and without merit."
- Fortune Live: 2014 Year in Review @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Fortune's first ever live show will begin today at 3pm Eastern.
- All the Eurozone wants for Christmas is a new Greek President @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:25 PM EST
But Greece's famously fractious politicians might yet ruin the holidays for Merkel, Draghi & Co.
- Is there a cyber security equivalent of ‘SEAL Team Six’? @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:22 PM EST
When a cyber breach goes down...who you gonna call? Many different U.S. government agencies, it turns out.
- Holiday returns scammers to cost retailers billions @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:10 PM EST
An industry group's survey estimates scammers making returns will cost retailers $3.8 billion this holiday season.
- Inside the turnaround of Machinima @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST
Digital video networks are hot. So why is this YouTube darling the last one standing?
- Google sues to block state AG Jim Hood’s probe @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:42 AM EST
Search giant claims the Mississippi attorney general is overstepping his authority and carrying water for Hollywood
- Chrysler the company: The final nail @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST
New 300 sedan is still a Chrysler while all corporate titles will be FCA.
- Attention Tesla drivers: now you can swap your battery in California @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:21 AM EST
The new program is launching in beta in Tesla's home state.
- Picture this: Instagram could be worth $35 billion @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Photo-sharing service owned by Facebook could be worth that whopping amount, according to a new estimate by a Wall Street analyst.
- China’s economy is worth $300 billion more than it thought @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 10:38 AM EST
Revision to methodology shows more success on boosting services, and adds to pressure on Beijing to keep up reforms.
- Xerox selling its IT outsourcing unit to France’s Atos @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 10:13 AM EST
The move is part of a larger transformation led by CEO Ursula Burns.
- 5 smart devices for smart gift giving @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST
What to get the smart tech lover in your life
- Term Sheet — Friday, December 19 @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:38 AM EST
More from Fortune.com Term Sheet -- Thursday, December 18Term Sheet -- Wednesday, December 17Term Sheet -- Tuesday, December 16Term Sheet -- Monday, December 15Term Sheet -- Friday, December 12
- Can 3-D simulation obsolete the need for retail field trials? @ Fortune - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Software from InContext Solutions creates mock-ups of new products or packaging, allowing consumer goods companies and retailers to test ideas in cyber space.