- What are the most common mistakes first-time entrepreneurs make? @ Fortune - 18 minutes ago
Prevent director deadlock, and other bits of advice from Quora.
- Citigroup to sell OneMain Financial to Springleaf for $4.25 billion @ Fortune - 19 minutes ago
The consumer finance company is part of Citi Holdings, which Citigroup created during the financial crisis to park assets that it wanted to eventually divest or wind down.
- How to empty your inbox (and keep it empty) @ Fortune - 19 minutes ago
These simple tips will help you master the never-ending flood of email.
- 5 tips for launching your own brewery @ Fortune - 49 minutes ago
"As the craft beer industry continues to grow, strong business acumen is a must—but so, too, is genuine passion and excitement," says Golden Road's Meg Gill.
- 5 ways to get the raise you deserve in 2015 @ Fortune - 49 minutes ago
This post is in partnership with Essence. The article below was originally published at Essence.com. By Leslie E. Royal, ESSENCE Many women are working hard on the job daily and seeing little to show for ...
- Oil driller Nabors swings to $891 million 4Q loss on writedowns @ Fortune - 55 minutes ago
Company pledges to ride out the storm of low crude prices and sees C&J deal being approved later this month.
- The big streaming showdown – Beats vs. Spotify @ Fortune - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
How does Apple’s effort stack up against the most popular music service around?
- Over 30? You’ll have to pay double for Tinder’s new premium service @ Fortune - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Now you can rewind that left swipe, but it will cost you.
- Female company president: “I’m sorry to all the mothers I worked with” @ Fortune - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
PowerToFly President Katharine Zaleski admits: "I didn’t realize how horrible I’d been – until I had a child of my own."
- Retailers face $8.65 billion bill for new generation of credit cards @ Fortune - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Massive investment will only solve half the problem of fraud, experts say--and still won't stop data breaches like those that hit Target and Home Depot.
- The bigger market disruptor: gourmet burritos or Chipotle CEO Steve Ells? @ Fortune - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
As history has shown, CEOs shouldn’t fear new technologies or products, but rather entrepreneurial leaders able to execute new ideas in their industries.
- Half a century later, the box office is alive with ‘The Sound of Music’ @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
The musical, starring Julie Andrews, turned 50 years old Monday. It is third on the list of Hollywood blockbusters with nearly $1.2 billion in ticket sales, when adjusted for inflation.
- Apple, Google poaching settlement appears headed for approval @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
Judge raises no objections to latest multi-million dollar settlement deal after criticizing previous version for providing too little money to tech employees.
- Wells Fargo to cap subprime auto loans @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
The move comes amid rising concerns of a new subprime lending bubble for cars.
- Obama hopes for US embassy in Cuba before April summit in Panama @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
Embassy would be another big step in establishing more normal relations with the island nation.
- Former venture capitalist acknowledges not investigating sex harassment claim @ Fortune - 13 hours ago
Different stories emerge in Silicon Valley gender discrimination court case.
- These words are banned from appearing on jars of Nutella @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
Another social media campaign that backfired
- The guy who invented Keurig’s K-Cups doesn’t use K-Cups @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
"It’s not like drip coffee is tough to make."
- Where did all the tech IPOs go? @ Fortune - 14 hours ago
There has been only one tech IPO so far in 2015.
- What Buffett’s anti-banker rant might have been about @ Fortune - 15 hours ago
The canny investor writes for multiple audiences--including heads of acquisition targets.
- The best part of Google Plus is now its own app @ Fortune - 15 hours ago
Google is splitting off Photos into a separate app
- How Samsung’s new Galaxy S6 smartphones are like Apple’s iPhone 6 @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
At Mobile World Congress 2015, Samsung ditches distinctive features in an attempt to out-maneuver Apple's successful devices.
- Here’s why Tinder’s new paid service will cost more if you’re old @ Fortune - 16 hours ago
People over 30 will have to pay more to undo a Tinder swipe
- Dear McDonald’s new CEO: Happy first day. Here’s some (unsolicited) advice @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
How can Steve Easterbrook turn the fast food giant around? Fortune asked a few experts to offer advice. Here's what they had to say.
- How the protections of net neutrality could create the next Google @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
The Federal Communications Commission’s recent decision to protect the free flow of content on the Internet will ensure fair competition.
- Islamic State threatens Twitter co-founder, employees @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
The messages were posted on an anonymous file-sharing website called Pastebin, according to reports.
- Anna Wintour just gave the best career advice ever @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
How to own your destiny in two words
- Has investment guru Bill Gross gone to the dogs? @ Fortune - 17 hours ago
The legendary investment manager is barking up a storm over low interest rates.
- Why Paydiant is selling to PayPal @ Fortune - 18 hours ago
Paydiant's earliest investor explains why the mobile payment company is selling now.
- Here’s what people hate about the glorious new Samsung phone @ Fortune - 18 hours ago
The company's new flagship phone has some haters
- Washington’s big business agenda is on life support @ Fortune - 18 hours ago
The House Republican meltdown on Friday is very bad news for the corporate elite.
- You can get free pancakes at IHOP on Tuesday @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
The chain is giving away stacks of buttermilk flapjacks
- 4 career lessons you should learn in your 20s @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Early in your career is the time to leverage your strengths, not overcome your weaknesses.
- Lumber Liquidators: The ‘60 Minutes’ report is wrong @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
‘We stand by every single plank of wood and laminate we sell all around the country,’ company says.
- Watch Audi’s utterly terrifying new ad @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
Here’s one that will keep you up at night: Audi’s new ad features a thundering horde of mechanics, ominous music, and a creepy tagline to boot. The ad, viewable below, was created by German ad agency Thjnk ...
- Google has a plan to revolutionize your cell phone service @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
It's launching a hybrid cellular/Wi-Fi network
- Barbara Mikulski, longest serving woman in Congress, to retire @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski , who has served nearly 40 years in Congress, announced she will retire when her term ends.
- How many Watches will Apple sell in 2015? A Fortune survey. @ Fortune - 19 hours ago
The analyst's estimates we've seen range from 8 million to 41 million. Average: 2.5 million per month.
- Warren Buffett: ‘I would have passed Keystone’ @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
In a television interview, the legendary investor and Berkshire Hathaway CEO said that President Obama's Keystone oil pipeline veto was a mistake.
- Here are 5 companies that first drove the Nasdaq above 5,000 @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
The index first got there due in large part to the irrationally exuberant belief that this Internet thing was going to lay an endless supply of golden eggs.
- 5 of the most gorgeous smartwatches that are not made by Apple @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Smartwatch makers are getting more savvy about looks
- Keystone XL Pipeline: Down, but certainly not out @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
How long will the oil pipeline be kept in regulatory limbo? It all depends on where oil prices go from here.
- Beauty, Gangnam style @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Korea is at the forefront of the beauty industry these days. Here's why.
- Exclusive: Veracode files for IPO @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Cybersecurity company plans to price IPO this spring.
- Is Botox becoming part of the Wall Street dress code? @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
Fear of job loss, diminished prestige and shrinking income may be leading some men on Wall Street to pay closer attention to image and age.
- The Nasdaq composite just crossed the 5,000-point mark for the first time in 15 years @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
The index first closed above 5,000 on March 9, 2000.
- Most beautiful Aston Martin of them all will be available outside the Middle East @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
The Taraf sedan is coming to Europe and other markets
- The myth of the 1% and the 99% @ Fortune - 20 hours ago
The economic inequality statistics trumpeted in much of the media do a poor job of describing the fluidity of the American economy.
- Exclusive: TPG raises $6.5 billion for new buyout fund @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Private equity giant has plenty of money for new deals.
- Why forward-thinking finance teams are giving up spreadsheets @ Fortune - 21 hours ago
Cloud financial software from Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, Host Analytics and Tidemark let companies plan budgets or run forecasts quickly, and continuously. All four startups recorded impressive growth ...