- Time to Sell the Rebound? @ Fox Business - 11 hours ago
Stocks posted a great performance this week. Is it time to sell the burgeoning rebound?
- Week Ahead: Earnings Dominate the Calendar @ Fox Business - 12 hours ago
iHit or iMiss? Earnings reports dominate next week?s calendar with Apple?s earnings ? as usual ? expected to garner the most attention.
- If You?re not Passionate About it, Why do it? @ Fox Business - 13 hours ago
Did you see your CPAAAAAAY this week?! And @Thegooglefactz offers a way to de-stress by asking yourself one question. That and more in this week?s LOL-inducing, insightful and character-limited words of ...
- Funding Roundup: Betterment Gets $32M to Grow Automated Investing Platform @ Fox Business - 13 hours ago
Investing startup Betterment raises a $32 million Series C, while NatureBox scores $18 million in a Series B round. Here?s a look at some of the startups that reported new funding this week.
- Is That Cheerio?s Coupon Worth Your Legal Rights? @ Fox Business - 13 hours ago
General Mills comes under fire after making changes to its legal terms that say consumers that download online coupons or participate in forums on the web are agreeing to settle disputes in arbitration, ...
- Should Retailers and Banks Tell You When You?ve Been Hacked? @ Fox Business - 13 hours ago
After numerous hacking incidents at retailers and banks in the last few months, many wonder whether the firms should alert you after every hack.?Michaels Says Data Breach Contained, Three Million Cards ...
- San Diego?s HardTech Labs Connects Hardware Startups to Mexican Factories @ Fox Business - 13 hours ago
HardTech Labs will help hardware startups in San Diego get off the ground using factories located in Tijuana, Mexico.
- USDA Requires Reporting of Swine Virus @ Fox Business - 15 hours ago
U.S. pork producers will now be required to report instances of a deadly swine virus that has spread rapidly and widely among domestic pig supplies.
- Nissan to Offer Leaf Buyers Free Charging @ Fox Business - 16 hours ago
Nissan is offering two years of free charging for drivers who purchase or lease the Japanese automaker?s Leaf, making a play to boost incentives for the electric vehicle.
- How to Market to Millennials, Really @ Fox Business - 16 hours ago
Reaching this often coveted group isn?t as easy as sending out a blast email with a coupon inside or tweeting the current special. Here?s advice.
- 5 Sneaky Ways Stores Make You Overspend @ Fox Business - 17 hours ago
We?ve all walked into a store only planning to pick up one or two items and leave with many over-flowing bags. And that's exactly what the retailer wanted to do.
- Microsoft: Xbox One Sales Top 5M @ Fox Business - 17 hours ago
Microsoft has sold more than five million Xbox One gaming consoles to retailers, trailing rival Sony.
- Michaels Says Data Breach Contained, 3M Cards Exposed @ Fox Business - 18 hours ago
Michaels, the nation?s largest arts and crafts chain, said it has identified and contained a data security breach that potentially compromised up to three million credit cards.
- Boomers on the Hunt for Perfect Retirement Pads @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:45 PM EDT
The economy is slowly improving, and baby boomers are on the move to find their perfect retirement destination.
- Survey: 2 in 3 Workers Believe They?re Paid Unfairly @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
A new report finds that workers nationwide are feeling the burn of income inequality, and believe it?s on employers to fix the problem.
- AMD Reveals 1Q Beat as Revenue Leaps 28% @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices beat the Street by posting a surprise adjusted profit thanks to a 28% jump in revenue.
- Early Graduation Present for 2014 College Grads: More Employers Hiring @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 4:09 PM EDT
College grads looking to enter the job market in 2014 will have an easier time than other post-recession classes, two new reports find. But that doesn?t mean the job-hiring process will be easy.
- ACA Enrollment Update: 8 Million Americans Have Signed Up @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
Nearly two weeks after the enrollment deadline for ObamaCare ended, 8 million Americans have signed up, and 35% of enrollees on the federal exchange are under age 35.
- Older Americans Working Longer and Fighting to Stay in the Jobs Market @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 3:02 PM EDT
For the last 20 years, there has been a trend in the U.S. to stay in the labor force later in life, but it is complicated by age discrimination
- As IBM Sells Off, Investors Ask: What's Next? @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 1:50 PM EDT
The world?s largest technology-services company reported its lowest quarterly revenue in five years as it grapples with falling demand in hardware and faces challenges in growing markets like China.
- Hospitals Trying their Hand at Insurance Provider Business @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 1:01 PM EDT
Under the sweeping changes enacted in the Affordable Care Act, hospitals are adapting to a new market, and providing self-insurance products to small business owners.
- Chipotle to Hike Prices Amid Higher Beef, Avocado Costs @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:33 PM EDT
Chipotle is raising prices across its menu of Mexican-style food for the first time in three years, after a surge in beef and avocado prices lifted food costs in the first quarter.
- SEC: BP Employee Illegally Sold Shares After 2010 Spill @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:29 PM EDT
A veteran BP employee who headed the company's cleanup from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill has been charged with insider trading for allegedly selling shares illegally after learning the extent of ...
- SEC Charges Ex-BP Official for Insider Trading During Deepwater Debacle @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:02 PM EDT
The SEC charged Keith Seilhan with trading on non-public information obtained during the time he was helping BP clean up oil from the Deepwater wreck.
- Public Pension Funds Rethinking Investment Return Rates @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:28 AM EDT
After years of setting high rates for projected investment return rates, public pension funds are taking a more conservative approach.
- The Tax Implications of Buying a Home @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
The housing market is forecast to heat up this spring as more buyers enter the market, but they should know the tax liabilities of owning a home.
- Union Pacific Earnings Up 14% on Higher Shipment Volumes @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:34 AM EDT
Union Pacific reported a 14% improvement in its first-quarter earnings, as higher revenue and shipment volumes lifted the railroad operator.
- White House Strategy: Fabricating Fear and Injustice @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:22 AM EDT
Facing mid-term elections and burdened with persistently high unemployment, President Obama is playing the race, gender, and class cards.
- China's Weibo Set to Debut After Cutting IPO Size @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:15 AM EDT
China's Weibo is bracing for its U.S. debut after slashing the size of its initial public offering amid a reduced appetite for momentum stocks.
- Mid-Atlantic Manufacturing Heats Up in April @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:02 AM EDT
Manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region grew hotter in April, according to a closely watched gauge from the Philadelphia Fed.
- Solid Trading Results Spark 1Q Beat at Morgan Stanley @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
Morgan Stanley impressed Wall Street with a stronger-than-expected 57% surge in first-quarter earnings as the bank enjoyed surprisingly strong growth in trading and wealth management.
- David, Goliath Team Up in Battle to Cure Rare Diseases @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
Though two diseases might affect the body in different ways, they sometimes share a common thread. Now drug developers are working together to improve the time it takes to get drugs to market.
- Goldman Sachs Posts Big 1Q Beat Despite Trading Slowdown @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:15 AM EDT
Goldman Sachs logged a 10% slide in first-quarter earnings amid lower trading revenue, but the Wall Street heavyweight?s results still easily eclipsed expectations.
- Stocks Stretch Rally to a Third Day @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
Wall Street made it 3-for-3 this week, delivering another winning day Wednesday. The Dow rallied by 162 points, and the Nasdaq Composite rose by 1.3%.
- Your Retirement Exit Strategy is Just as Important as Your Savings Plan @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Boomers who have a capital preservation on the top of their minds when making investing moves can shield their portfolios from major market downswings.
- China's Weibo Cuts IPO Size Amid Selloff In Technology Stocks @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:35 AM EDT
China's Weibo Corp, a Twitter-like messaging service company, raised a less-than-expected $286 million after it cut the size of its U.S. initial public offering amid a selloff in technology shares and ...
- Mattel Posts Quarterly Loss As Barbie Sales Plummet @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:26 AM EDT
Mattel Inc, the world's largest toymaker, reported a net loss for the first quarter due to a fall in sales of its iconic Barbie dolls and Fisher-Price toys for preschoolers.
- Wall Street Dips as Traders Digest Earnings Feast @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:22 AM EDT
U.S. equity markets fell mildly on Thursday as traders reviewed a slew of quarterly earnings from high-profile firms.
- Stock Futures Zigzag as Traders Parse Earnings Deluge @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:22 AM EDT
U.S. stock-index futures slumped on Thursday as traders reviewed a flood of earnings from high-profile companies.
- Honeywell Posts Mixed 1Q Results @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:17 AM EDT
The diversified conglomerate posted profits of $1.28 per share, topping estimates of $1.26 per share. Revenues came in at $9.68 billion, missing Wall Street expectations for $9.74 billion.
- Pepsi Posts 1Q Beat @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:09 AM EDT
The beverage and snack giant posted profits and revenues that beat Wall Street estimates in the first quarter.
- Morgan Stanley Posts 1Q Beat @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:49 AM EDT
Morgan Stanley posted adjusted first-quarter profits and revenues that surpassed Wall Street estimates. Shares were up 4% pre-market.
- General Electric Logs Mixed 1Q Results @ Fox Business - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:36 AM EDT
GE unveiled adjusted first-quarter profits that topped estimates, while revenue came in slightly shy of expectations. Shares were little changed pre-market.
- How to Know it?s Time to Break Up with Your Financial Advisor @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
Break ups are never fun, but sometimes necessary. Here?s how to know whether it?s time to go your separate way from your financial advisor.
- Post to Buy Michael Foods for $2.45B @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:28 PM EDT
Post Holdings agreed to buy eggs and dairy producer Michael Foods for $2.45 billion, as the cereal maker looks to expand its breakfast portfolio.
- Chipotle Posts Mixed 1Q Results @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:09 PM EDT
The casual Mexican restaurant chain posted first-quarter profits of $2.64 per share, below Wall Street expectations for $2.86 per share. Revenue, meanwhile increased 24.4% in the quarter to $904.2 million, ...
- Newlight Technologies Raises $9.2M to Make Plastic from Greenhouse Gases @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 4:25 PM EDT
The Irvine, California startup turns methane produced by a dairy farm into low-cost plastic.
- Why Ben Horowitz Says Elevator Pitches Don?t Work @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
Ben Horowitz, partner at Andreessen Horowitz and author of ?The Hard Thing About Hard Things,? says big ideas rarely come in perfect pitches.
- 5 Teen Entrepreneurs Win $5K for College @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
The National Federation of Independent Business has awarded $5,000 scholarships to five high school seniors, and $1,000 to 100 other young entrepreneurs.
- Stocks Leap on Strong Data, Yellen Remarks @ Fox Business - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
U.S. equity markets charged higher on Wednesday after data from China and dovish commentary from Janet Yellen boosted traders' sentiment.