- Week Ahead: July Jobs Report, FOMC, GDP and Earnings @ Fox Business - 6 hours ago
A busy economic calendar next week is highlighted by the July jobs report, a meeting by the Federal Reserve, a preview of second quarter GDP and lots of earnings.
- Time to Play China?s Semi-Hot Real-Estate Market? @ Fox Business - 6 hours ago
Can E-House China Holdings Ltd and InterMune make you money?
- Did Google Spend $1B on a Video Game Startup? @ Fox Business - 6 hours ago
Google has reportedly finalized a deal to purchase video game startup Twitch for around $1 billion, according to VentureBeat. Acquisition talks were first reported by Variety in May.
- Earnings Results Weigh on Wall Street @ Fox Business - 7 hours ago
Developing: Stocks fell on Friday following disappointing results from e-commerce retail giant Amazon and credit card processor Visa earlier in the week.
- Tech Rewind: Amazon Posts Earnings Miss, Facebook Pivots to Mobile @ Fox Business - 8 hours ago
A shift to mobile took center stage as tech titans got back mixed earnings report cards -- this is your tech rewind of the week.
- Amazon Highlights Sloppy Week for Stocks @ Fox Business - 8 hours ago
It was a pretty sloppy week on Wall Street. But who can be surprised? It?s been a pretty sloppy month for the stock market.
- Real Estate Pro: Industry Needs to Change with Millennials @ Fox Business - 8 hours ago
David Rice, the founder of New Home Star, says in order to succeed, homebuilders need to think about attracting the next generation of buyers: Millennials.
- Your Tech Etiquette for a Gadget-Crazed World @ Fox Business - 8 hours ago
Whether it?s business or personal, you should treat people with respect. Since that seems to be a challenge in our gadget-crazed world, here are some tips to keep you from blowing your relationships.
- Frigid Winter Fuels Rail Shipments of Coal @ Fox Business - 9 hours ago
Railroad companies bounced back in the second quarter, thanks in part to a rare boost from coal.
- Wall Street Legend Ace Greenberg Dead at 86 @ Fox Business - 9 hours ago
Alan ?Ace? Greenberg, the legendary Wall Street trader who guided investment bank Bear Stearns to the top tier of U.S. financial firms only to see it collapse, has died.
- Cavuto: Mortgage Rates Tumbling, So Why Aren?t You Buying? @ Fox Business - 10 hours ago
If you think the ship has sailed on low interest rates, think again. Mortgage rates are continue to sit under or around 4%--so why aren't people buying?
- The 3 States of Retirement You Must Plan For @ Fox Business - 11 hours ago
Just like there are different investment stages during your working life, there are phases of retirement. From the on-the-go days of early retirement to the slower pace of old age, your needs and requirements ...
- Will Businesses Use U.S. Territories as Safe Haven from ObamaCare? @ Fox Business - 11 hours ago
Inversion is hardly a new tactic, but could businesses use a type of inversion in the U.S. territories, allowing them to skirt the employer mandate under ObamaCare?
- Who Needs Wi-Fi to Surf the Web? @ Fox Business - 12 hours ago
This app promises users to seemlessly watch personalized, downloaded content without connectivity--but it's not coming until May.
- BSkyB to Pay Fox $9B to Combine Sky Assets @ Fox Business - 12 hours ago
Britain's BSkyB agreed to pay $9 billion to buy the Sky pay-TV companies in Germany and Italy from 21st Century Fox.
- President?s ?Corporate Deserters? Pay High Taxes @ Fox Business - 13 hours ago
Emac:The president pounded U.S. corporations that move overseas to cut their federal taxes and pushed Congress to draft a new law to shut the loophole.
- Apps and Gadgets for College Students to Save, Study and Have Fun @ Fox Business - 14 hours ago
With college costs continuing to rise, we found technology to help ease the cost burden and make students? lives easier.
- The Tax Differences Between a C Corporation and an S Corporation @ Fox Business - 15 hours ago
Entity selection is a big decision new small business owners must make, and the decision to incorporate comes with tax ramifications.
- Face It, Men's Looks Matter In Negotiation @ Fox Business - 15 hours ago
It may not be just your skills that determine how good a negotiator you are. Your looks may be playing a role, too.
- Know Before the Bell: Google's Healthy Body, Samsung's Giant TV @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:56 PM EDT
Facebook's stock gets a boost after earnings, and Samsung unveils a 105-inch television.
- T. Boone Pickens-Backed PE Firm Flipping High-End Ranches @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:33 PM EDT
Sporting Ranch Capital, a two-year-old private equity firm based in Dallas, is putting its first multi-million-dollar ranches on the market.
- The Truth About Free Wi-Fi @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
Hackers and scammers know that travelers are in a hurry and might not be paying much attention to the security of Wi-Fi. And unbeknownst to travelers, they may have unwittingly connected to an unverified ...
- Mortgage Interest Rate Deduction: Do We Really Need It? @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
The argument over the success of the home mortgage interest deduction isn't as black and white as it might seem.
- 9 New Ways You Can Be Hacked @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM EDT
Think you know all the ways you are vulnerable to being hacked? Think again.
- Has Apple Lost its Mojo for Good? @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 6:30 PM EDT
Apple released its fiscal third-quarter earnings on Tuesday, and while last quarter the company sold 35.2 million iPhones -- a 13% increase year-over-year -- iPad sales sunk to 13.3 million units, a 9% ...
- Visa Posts 3Q EPS Beat @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Developing: Visa reported 3Q EPS of $2.17 per share, beating analysts' expectations for $2.10 per share. Revenues of $3.16 billion also topped views of $3.15 billion. Shares were slightly down after hours....
- Amazon Shares Drop on 2Q Earnings Results @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Developing: Amazon reported a 2Q loss-per-share of $0.27 compared to an expected $0.15 loss-per-share. The e-commerce giant posted revenues of $19.34 billion, matching expectations. Shares dropped in after-hours ...
- Amazon Shares Down Nearly 10% After 2Q Miss @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Amazon reported a 2Q loss-per-share of 27 cents compared to an expected 15 cents loss-per-share. The e-commerce giant posted revenues of $19.34 billion, matching expectations.
- Corn Prices Fall, But Cattle Prices Rally @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 3:24 PM EDT
From record highs to record lows, it has been a volatile two weeks in the commodities market.
- Former NYC Regulator: Uber a ?Silicon Valley Cartel? in Hostile Takeover @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:44 PM EDT
The heat is on between Uber, Lyft and the New York City taxi and limousine establishment over innovation and regulation.
- GM Hurt by Recalls While Margin Growth Drives Ford Earnings @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:51 PM EDT
General Motors reported 2Q earnings that were heavily impacted by the automaker?s ignition-switch recall, while Ford booked profit growth amid a higher profit margin in North America.
- White House Announces $10B Fund to Invest in Rural Infrastructure Projects @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:37 PM EDT
CoBank, a national cooperative bank focused on rural America, is providing the initial $10 billion investment, and the fund will accept additional investments from large investors.
- Bottle Upstart Gives Clean Water, Drop by Drop @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
People Water provides clean water access to people in need through its Drop for Drop initiative ? with every bottle purchased, the social brand gives an equal amount of clean water back.
- Housing's Mixed Data: The Tale of Two Recoveries? @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:17 PM EDT
It?s been a mixed bag of economic reports for the housing market recently, and it's creating a tale of two recoveries. Mixed Messages: New Home Sales Slide in June
- Changing Retail Cha-Ching one Click at a Time @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
As technology continues to permeate every aspect of life, retailers are faced with a time old problem in reverse: Bring online offline to brick-and-mortar.
- Cloud Accounting Company Xero Plans for 2015 IPO @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 12:35 PM EDT
Xero, a competitor to Intuit, expects to pass the $100 million mark in revenue this fiscal year.
- Cavuto: Bloomberg Blasts, Travel Ban Stops. We Connect. You Decide. @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 12:09 PM EDT
What happens when a guy with a lot of money and still a lot of influence makes a statement? Well, a travel ban gets lifted.
- When Will Mobile-Ad Spending Outpace Television? @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 11:28 AM EDT
EMarketer expects mobile-ad spending to soar 83% in 2014 to nearly $18 billion. But BlueRun Ventures? Operating Partner Cheryl Cheng says don?t expect mobile advertising spend to surpass television in ...
- Morgan Stanley to Pay $275M Over Subprime Securities @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 11:17 AM EDT
The No. 2 U.S. investment bank will pay $275 million for allegedly misleading investors on mortgage-backed securities sold before the crisis.
- Coors CEO: Beer Passion is About More than Good Taste @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:52 AM EDT
The siren?s call of the beer industry lured Molson Coors? CEO in, but a passion for excellence has kept him invested for more than four decades.
- Home Builder Pick for Today?s Housing Market @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:51 AM EDT
Can home builder D.R. Horton make you money?
- 3M Reveals 2Q Revenue Beat @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 7:44 AM EDT
3M's quarterly profits matched expectations, while revenues came in higher than Wall Street anticipated, sending shares higher pre-market.
- Caterpillar Posts 2Q EPS Beat, But FY View Trails the Street @ Fox Business - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 7:42 AM EDT
Caterpillar profits easily beat Street views, but said it expects to earn less per share this year than analysts' expected.
- Big Box Pricing Strategies Offer Lessons for Small Business @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:48 PM EDT
When it comes to pricing strategies, small businesses can learn a lot from their larger peers.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level Since 2006 @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:34 PM EDT
Weekly jobless claims fell to the lowest level in nearly 8-1/2 years last week, suggesting the labor market recovery was gaining traction.U.S. Equity Futures Rise on Strong Quarterly Earnings Results, ...
- No Regrets: Creating Financial Security as We Age @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
The old adage that 'age is nothing but a number' holds some truth, according to a new survey.
- Online Consignment Shops: Here to Stay or Just a Fad? @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
The consignment industry is recession proof as cash-strapped consumers turn to resale when the economy gets tough. But what happens to the industry when times are good?
- Sofinnova Ventures Closes $500M Fund @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 6:52 PM EDT
Sofinnova Ventures, a firm that specializes in biotech and software investing, has closed a $500 million fund. This is the ninth fund for the firm, since it was founded in 1974.
- Study Finds 10.3M Uninsured Gained Coverage Under ACA @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 4:17 PM EDT
A new report finds 10.3 million people who were previously uninsured received coverage in the Affordable Care Act?s first open enrollment period.
- Facebook Logs 2Q Beat @ Fox Business - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Developing: Facebook revealed adjusted 2Q profits of 42 cents a share, topping estimates by a dime. Sales of $2.91 billion beat views of $2.81 billion. Shares jumped after-hours.