- Airbag Protection from Pundit Backseat Drivers GuruFocus.com - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Giving advice to a driver from the backseat of a car is quite easy and enjoyable for some, but whether that individual is actually qualified to give advice is another subject.
- Rolls-Royce Plans To Slash Jobs As It Wins A $5 Billion Contract GuruFocus.com - 23 hours ago
Rolls-Royce (RR) has won a $5bn contract to supply engines for 50 new Airbus planes ordered by the US carrier Delta.
- John Paulson's Top 5 New Holdings For Q3 GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 10:08 PM EST
John Paulson (Trades, Portfolio)’s hedge fund Paulson & Co. was founded in 1994 and has $22.8 billion in assets under management as of Jul 2014.
- Gurus Invest in Alibaba in Third Quarter GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 5:44 PM EST
It has been two months since Alibaba (BABA), a Chinese e-commerce company began selling stock on the New York Stock Exchange, and more than two dozen of the gurus we follow at GuruFocus invested in it ...
- New Gadgets Bring Tech Companies More Revenue this Holiday Season GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 5:29 PM EST
With the holiday season creeping up around the corner, commercials about gift ideas are popping up in between television programs.
- November Buffett-Munger Bargain Newsletter is Ready for Download GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 5:26 PM EST
The Buffett-Munger Bargain newsletter is about a company that both Charlie Munger (Trades, Portfolio) and Warren Buffett (Trades, Portfolio) have invested in on separate occasions.
- Third Quarter Was Robert Bruce's Busiest in 2014 GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Guru Robert Bruce (Trades, Portfolio) founded the Bruce Fund, which he runs with his son Jeff. In 2013, the Bruce Fund more than doubled its return from the previous year, 7.86%, to 18.95%.
- Which Retailers will Profit the Most This Holiday Shopping Season? GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 3:54 PM EST
If your investing technique is anything like Peter Lynch, you may be out at Walmart or Target picking up gifts for the kids on Black Friday and notice how many other people are flocking to the same retailers....
- You Should Hold Merck According to Dividends Generation GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 1:47 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK), a $169.28 billion market cap company, which is one of the world's largest drug makers, acquired Schering-Plough in November 2009.
- AES Corporation with Significant Earnings Per Share Improvement GuruFocus.com - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 1:39 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at The AES Corporation (AES), a $9.93 billion market cap company that is the world's largest independent power producer.
- Franklin Resources is Another Good Bet GuruFocus.com - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 1:03 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Franklin Resources Inc. (BEN), a $35.11 billion market cap company that is one of the world's largest asset managers, serving retail, institutional and high-net-worth ...
- Quantitative Reasons to Invest in State Street GuruFocus.com - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 12:56 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at State Street Corporation (STT), a $31.6 billion market cap bank holding company, with over $27 trillion of assets under custody and $2 trillion of assets under management....
- October 2014 Value Idea Contest Announcement GuruFocus.com - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 11:02 AM EST
October 2014 Value Idea Contest Announcement
- George Soros' Top 5 Stock Buys of Q3 GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 10:49 PM EST
George Soros (Trades, Portfolio), a famed investor whose Quantum Fund achieved an annual growth rate of 20 percent over its lifespan, still invests family money at Soros Fund Management, which he downsized ...
- Bruce Berkowitz Dances Quietly to the Beat of His Own Investment Drum GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 5:57 PM EST
Bruce Berkowitz (Trades, Portfolio), founder of Fairholme Capital Management, is an investor who strongly belives in value investing, but looking at his firm's motto, which is "ignore the crowd," ...
- Seth Klarman's Stock Picks Indicate an Interest in Oncology and Muscle Diseases GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 5:32 PM EST
We can thank Benjamin Graham for coming up with the value investing philosophy, which is when an investor buys a stock at less than the intrinsic value.
- Paul Singer Buys More Than Sells in Third Quarter GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Paul Singer (Trades, Portfolio), founder and CEO of Elliot Management hedge fund, which manages more than $24 billion in assets, is known for taking an activist investor stance in underperforming companies....
- How to be a Real Contrarian Investor Like Robert Snow GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Contrarian investors are like sheep herders. They do not follow what the market says to do or what Wall Street is pushing out there as hot ticket stocks the public should take a look at.
- Is It Time to Buy a Downgraded Stock? GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 3:38 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), a $66.61 billion market cap company, which is an integrated oil and gas company, with significant exploration and production ...
- Duke's International Businesses and Cash Generation GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 12:49 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Duke Energy Corporation (DUK), a $56.8 billion market cap company that provides electric and gas utility services in the southeastern U.S.
- Verizon's Competition is Higher but Not Enough Yet GuruFocus.com - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 10:10 AM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ), a $213.3 billion market cap company that is a provider of communications, information and entertainment products and services to ...
- David Tepper Buys 4 New Stocks in Q3 GuruFocus.com - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 10:55 PM EST
David Tepper (Trades, Portfolio), founder of $20 billion Appaloosa Management and the highest paid hedge fund manager last year,
- Callon Petroleum Energy Reports Its Financial Results For Q3 2014 GuruFocus.com - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 10:00 PM EST
Callon Petroleum Company (CPE) reported its financial results for the third quarter 2014 last month.
- Jeff Auxier Buys Berkshire Hathaway in Third Quarter GuruFocus.com - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Jeff Auxier (Trades, Portfolio) founded Auxier Asset Management and has managed the Auxier Focus Fund since its inception in 1999.
- Jim Chanos: King of the Short Selling GuruFocus.com - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Jim Chanos (Trades, Portfolio) is famous for being a short seller in the stock market. He is known for selling shares belonging to a number of well-known corporations – one of the most famous being Enron, ...