- Arbitrage Squeezes Profit From Market Inefficiency Investopedia - 5 hours ago
This influential strategy capitalizes on the relationship between price and liquidity.
- Lenovo Still Far From Getting Its Due @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:09 PM EDT
Lenovo's leading share in emerging market IT seems undervalued.
- Earnings Guidance: Can It Accurately Predict The Future? Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Explore the controversies surrounding companies commenting on their forward-looking expectations.
- Ralph Lauren Q4 Earnings Up 35%: Buy or Sell? @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Ralph Lauren announced Q4 earnings that were 35% ahead of last year. Unfortunately, it also was very cautious on its 2014 revenue growth. Although its stock's had a good run in the past year up 25.5%, ...
- Pandora Goes To Up To 11 @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:35 PM EDT
Pandora is showing that it can deliver on its model and its goals.
- Playing The Big Winners In U.S. LNG @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:30 PM EDT
For U.S. producers of natural gas, exporting that bounty is seen a necessary way to profit from higher demand overseas as well as higher prices. The potential of those exports received a major win recently ...
- Salesforce.com Still Growing And Still Expensive @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:09 PM EDT
Cloud software and services continues to take share in the enterprise IT market, and Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) remains a major player within that trend. Even so, growth is slowing and the company has yet ...
- Marvell Unloved, But Does That Mean Undervalued? @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:35 AM EDT
Marvell has a lot of doubters, but also a history of building solid market share in multiple markets.
- If Investors Won't Buy Retailers, Private Equity Will! @ Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:10 AM EDT
Private equity seems to think the apparel retailing sector is on sale
- 4 Traits Banks Look For In New Staff Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:22 AM EDT
Trust is the number one trait that banks are looking for in new hires, but there are other abilities that are equally desired.
- Money Tips To Stretch Your Retirement Nest Egg Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:31 AM EDT
- What Type Of Trader Are You? Investopedia - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:00 AM EDT
There are different ways stock traders attempt to profit from market movements. Which of the strategies do you use?
- Hormel Transforming, But Valuation Already Ahead Of It @ Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:09 PM EDT
Hormel is very well-run and has above-average growth prospects, but investors have already bid the shares up accordingly
- It's Still Miller Time In The Emerging Markets @ Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
SABMiller is expensive, but the company's long-term growth potential in emerging markets is enormous.
- After Some Preening, American Eagle Could Fly Again @ Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:19 PM EDT
Management has to reinvest in the business, but the market seems to be undervaluing American Eagle's cash flow prospects.
- Cost Improvements Are Good, But Hewlett-Packard Needs Revenue Growth @ Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
Restructuring seems to be helping margins, but HP needs revenue growth to really turn around
- Broker Commissions Are Here To Stay Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:15 AM EDT
With two developed nations adopting a firm anti-commission stance, questions have arisen over whether or not the United States should follow suit. Find out why such a development is unlikely.
- Ski-Doo IPO Raises $254 Million: Should You Buy? @ Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:10 AM EDT
Read on and I'll look into if you should buy Ski-Doo's stock once it becomes available.
- Ultratech Knocked Back, Not Knocked Out @ Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:30 AM EDT
Expectations for market growth are aggressive, but Ultratech could be a major winner over the next three to five years.
- Mergers And Acquisitions: Understanding Takeovers Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:00 AM EDT
In the dramatic world of M&As, battleground terms meld with bizarre metaphors to form the language of the game.
- The Role Of Parents In Financial Education Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 7:21 AM EDT
The need for a concerted program of financial education cannot be ignored, and even though many parents are ill-equipped to lead the charge, there are numerous programs they can support.
- Interpreting A Company's IPO Prospectus Report Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 3:00 PM EDT
Learn to decipher the secret language of the IPO prospectus report - it can tell you a lot about a company's future.
- Lowe's Had Better Start Improving @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 1:09 PM EDT
Lowe's is lagging Home Depot to an extent that just the weather can't explain
- Can Intuit Get Back Into Wall Street's Good Graces? @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:35 PM EDT
Uneven performance, particularly in tax software, has weighed on the shares of a former growth darling.
- The Recovery Proving Slow To Arrive For Analog Devices @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:10 PM EDT
Analog continues to wait for the big turn in industrial and automotive chip demand
- NetApp Is Probably Cheap, But The Headwinds Aren't Going Away @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 11:50 AM EDT
NetApp is suffering from the wider tech malaise, but the company appears to have established itself as the clear #2 player in a growing market.
- Medtronic Still Reporting Weak Growth, But A Relatively Rare Bargain @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 11:35 AM EDT
Medtronic continues to suffer with weak core markets, but business seems to be getting slowly better and valuation is not demanding
- Look Towards Small-Caps For Big Dividends @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 11:30 AM EDT
Small-caps can be a fruitful place to gain high yields.
- After A Big Recovery Rally, It's Up To Renew Blue For Best Buy @ Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:15 AM EDT
Investors have bought Best Buy's story, but this quarter shows that a lot of work remains to be done
- The US National Spending and Debt Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 6:43 AM EDT
We are looking at what could be the official year of the Federal Budget, more specifically our debt and how we will manage it for many years to come.
- Home Depot Continues To Rack Up Impressive Numbers @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:30 PM EDT
Top-notch execution is letting Home Depot thrive
- Roche, Reloaded @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:05 PM EDT
Roche has one of the best long-term growth profiles in the Big Pharma space
- General Motors Hits $33: Where To From Here? @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
While business seems reasonably strong in Detroit, there's no guarantee it will stay that way. Is GM a momentum play or should investors stay away. I'll answer both sides of this question.
- A Good Deal For Actavis, But Warner Chilcott Goes A Little Cheap @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
Actavis gets a very useful asset, while Warner Chilcott shareholders get a decent exit.
- Elan Continues To Make Baffling Strategic Decision @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 1:30 PM EDT
Elan seems to be set on wasting the Tysabri windfall instead of returning it to shareholders
- Strategically-Challenged Websense Gets A Fair Deal @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 1:30 PM EDT
Websense gets a fair deal, given its ongoing growth problems.
- Marketo Jumps 67% in IPO Debut-Time To Sell? @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
Software startup Marketo went public May 17. Its stock closed up 64% in its first day of trading. Time to sell your shares and move on? I'll have a look...
- Campbell Soup Shows That Shoppers More Price-Sensitive Than Investors @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
Campbell Soup remains volatile, but investors haven't minded
- After A Big Rally, Pfizer Might Need Some Rest @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 11:45 AM EDT
A big rally has brought Pfizer back to fair value.
- Yahoo! Adds Tumblr, But Is This Another Underpants Gnome Deal? @ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 11:35 AM EDT
Tumblr is a high-potential asset, but Yahoo! absolutely must execute.
- A Day In The Life Of A Day Trader Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 9:25 AM EDT
Day trading has many advantages and, while we often hear about these perks, it's important to realize that day trading is hard work.
- Introduction To Guerrilla Trading Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 8:30 AM EDT
Guerilla trading can takes a lot of expereince, risk capital and mental fortitude; it is not for the novice investor.
- Make Your Precious Metal Choice Less ‘Golden’ Investopedia - Mon, May 20, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
The recent rout in gold prices has affected the rest of the precious metals space as well. However, unlike gold, platinum is benefiting from long term industrial demand as well as constrained supplies. ...
- Guerrilla Trading Investopedia - Mon, May 20, 2013 9:10 AM EDT
A very short-term trading technique that aims to generate small profits while taking on very little risk per trade, and repeating this multiple times in a trading session. Guerrilla trades typically have ...
- Is It Time to Invest in Australia? @ Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Australia a country rich in natural resources and one increasingly gaining attention from investors. Is it time to put some of your international allocation to work in Australia?
- Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 9:00 AM EDT
Conspicuous consumption could be robbing you of future wealth.
- Wal-Mart Uses Rigorous Cost Control To Offset Weaker Sales @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
Sluggish sales growth at Wal-Mart isn't a big surprise, but it could keep a lid on the stock.
- Fear Of Cisco Leads The Market To Abandon Aruba Networks @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:15 PM EDT
The spectre of share loss to Cisco has become real.
- How Much Further Can Value Carry Autodesk? @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Autodesk comes up short again as the macro environment stays soft.
- Should Investors Hang Around For More From Applied Materials? @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Applied Materials is showing progress, but has the 50% recovery already anticipated these improvements?