- Biotechnology Stocks To Keep on the Radar @ Investopedia - 33 minutes ago
Health care is showing a resurgance, lead by biotechnology. Here are the opportunites to watch.
- Is Amazon Prime Still The Best Deal In Tech? @ Investopedia - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
If you asked that question a week ago, when Seattle-based Amazon.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMZN) raised its annual fee for Amazon Prime to $99 from $79, you might have heard a far different answer.
- How Chevron Found Itself Spanning The Globe @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
To most consumers, San Ramon, Calif.-based Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX) is little more than a gasoline retailer – a place to fuel up, squeegee your windshield and inflate your tires. In point of fact, Chevron ...
- Five Retirement Warning Signs for Millennials @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
If Gen Y'ers don't want to keep working forever, here's what they need to do now.
- BB&T Looks For Loan Growth, Cost-Cuts To Drive Earnings @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 5:26 PM EDT
Most banks remain stuck in a “hurry up and wait” holding pattern where pressure on net interest margins and weak lending growth constrains near-term earnings growth. BB&T (NYSE: BBT) certainly fits that ...
- How Can I Fund A Roth IRA If My Income Is Too High To Make Direct Contributions? @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
Roth IRAs are not available to you if you are a high income earner - unless you use the following strategy.
- Online Advertising Takes The Lead @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
Advertisers are now spending more on online ads than ever before. For investors, that means the time could be right to bet on digital advertising players.
- Are We Setting Ourselves Up For Another Financial Crisis? @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
“More money has been lost because of four words than at the point of a gun. Those words are, ‘This time is different.’”
- How Procter & Gamble Found Itself in Everyone's Cupboard @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
Out of necessity, some giant corporations have narrow product lines. A bank, for instance, can package loans in only so many ways. Procter & Gamble defies that rule.
- What $175,000 Will Buy in the Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater Real Estate Market @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Prices for Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla. area homes are up 13.3% from the same month last year, but the median price of $169,000 is still well below the national average - and there's much more ...
- Forget Stocks, Buy Soft Commodities @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 5:41 PM EDT
So far in 2014, investing in commodities has proven to be the best place to put your money to work.
- Opportunities in Natural Gas @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
Natural gas has had a tumutuos year, and may be setting for another strong move. Here are natural has stocks and ETFs to watch.
- How IEX is Combating Predatory Types Of High-Frequency Traders @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 4:31 PM EDT
IEX is an Alternative Trading System (ATS) that seeks to combat predatory trading, particularly high-frequency trading.
- How Johnson & Johnson Became A Household Name @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
New Brunswick, N.J.-based Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) is probably most famous as the parent company of multiple household products that double as household names. Listing them all would require more space ...
- The LNG Opportunity Keeps Getting Better @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
As we continue to unearth a record amount of shale gas, exporting that bounty is quickly taking shape- especially to energy thirsty Asia. For investors, playing growing LNG exports could be one of the ...
- The Four Most Commonly-Used Indicators In Trend Trading @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
Here are the top indicators and tools trend traders use to establish when trends exist and to find entry/exit points.
- ChartAdvisor for April 18 2014 @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Weekly technical summary of the major U.S. indices.
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Gold Standard @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
Many feel that with the instability that occurred in the first decade of the 21st century, some form of the gold standard should be brought back.
- If You Live In One Of These 11 States You May Be Flunking Finance @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
Financial literacy is the ability to use knowledge and skills to make effective and informed money management decisions. Some states do a much better job of teaching it to kids than the rest.
- Your Bad Financial Habits Can Hurt Your Kids @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
Modeling sensible planning and budgeting practices in front of your kids helps set them up for a lifetime of financial good health
- Unbundling @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:38 PM EDT
Unbundling is what happens when a parent company with a few lines of business decides to keep its core businesses and sell the rest of its assets, product/service lines, divisions or subsidiaries.
- How Some Brands Come Back from Near Death @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 5:15 PM EDT
Some company brands manage to revive themselves, while others die and go to brand heaven.
- How Warren Buffett made Berkshire Hathaway a World-beater @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 5:15 PM EDT
It would almost be easier to list the industry sectors in which Omaha-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.A) doesn’t turn gargantuan profits. Railroads? Hardly. BNSF Railway, the 2nd-biggest freight ...
- Wells Fargo In Good Shape, But The Street Knows It @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
There are worse things than owning a quality well-run business that Wall Street knows is well-run, but it isn't often a source of major investment alpha. With that in mind, Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) continues ...
- For Individual Investors, These May Be The Best Of Times @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
The raging debate on high frequency trading may lead the average retail investor to think that he/she continues to get a raw deal in the stock market. The reality is that these are probably the best of ...
- Oil and Some Oil Stocks Starting to Run @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Oil is creeping toward a recent high, and these oil related stocks are flying higher.
- Avoid Taxes on IRA Rollovers @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
For years, IRA owners have been allowed to roll over their money from one IRA to another once a year without penalty, for each IRA account they had. A tax court ruling in January 2014 has brought that ...
- How Wal-Mart Makes its Money @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 5:55 PM EDT
While convention dictates that it’s impossible to write about Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) without saying at least something critical or speculative about the company’s influence on social issues, ...
- A Much Needed Gift For Retailers @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 2:20 PM EDT
The consumer is back. With March retail sales hitting multiyear highs, spending is back in style.
- Earnings Paper Cuts Impeding J.P. Morgan's Value @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 1:48 PM EDT
J.P. Morgan is also among the leading credit card companies in the country, it is the largest Visa issuer in the country and one of the largest merchant acquirers as well.
- These International Dividend ETFs Are Cheap Cheap Cheap @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 1:45 PM EDT
For investors the recent market sell-off has created some interesting opportunities. One of the biggest could be those funds that focus on international dividend stocks. Offering high yields and low valuations, ...
- Using ETFS To Trade Emerging And Developed Markets @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Over the past several years, many investors seeking higher-than-average returns have been enticed to consider investing in emerging markets.
- What $200,000 Will Buy In The Atlanta Real Estate Market @ Investopedia - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
Atlanta housing prices are up from last year, but they're still lower than the national median. And there's lots of inventory so plenty of choice for buyers. Here's how to get the most for your money.
- ExxonMobil's Massive And Reliable Money Machine @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 7:20 PM EDT
Year after year ExxonMobil has shown itself a reliable generator of extraordinary profits, making it the most solid of the integrated oil companies.
- The Weakest Financial Links @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
Potential short trades in the Financial sector.
- For Traders, Coffee Is the Other Black Gold @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Spiking coffee prices have boosted investors' portfolios while putting pressure on companies that sell the brewed beverage.
- How To Profit From The "Night and Day" Aroon Oscillator @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
“Aroon” is a Sanskrit word loosely translated as the transition from night to day, appropriate for a measure that attempts to determine when a trend is about to develop into something of substance.
- The Odd Lot Theory: Betting That Small Investors Are Wrong @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
The odd lot theory is a largely discredited proposition that small investors are usually wrong and that doing the exact opposite will yield above-average returns.
- Five Ways To Teach Your Kids The Value Of A Dollar @ Investopedia - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Kids are never too young to start learning money lessons. The more opportunities they have to work with money and manage it, the more money savvy they will be as adults.
- Common Size Balance Sheet @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 6:15 PM EDT
Investopedia explains: A common size balance sheet is a valuable tool for tracking and analyzing the changes and performance of a business over multiple time periods.
- The Most Accurate Way To Gauge Returns: The Compound Annual Growth Rate To @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
The compound annual growth rate, or CAGR for short, represents one of the most accurate ways to calculate and determine returns for individual assets, investment portfolios and anything that can rise or ...
- Know Sure Thing (KST) @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 3:29 PM EDT
A two-line indicator used determine momentum in stock trends. As an oscillator it fluctuates above and below zero, providing trade signals and analytical insight based on divergence with price and KST ...
- ChartAdvisor for April 11 2014 @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 2:15 PM EDT
Weekly technical summary of the major U.S. indices.
- Intel Working Through A Difficult Transition @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
Chip giant Intel continues to work through a challenge that most leading tech companies fac in their corporate lives – what do you do when your bread-and-butter market has fundamentally changed?
- A Simple Overview Of Quantitative Analysis @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 11:45 AM EDT
All of the potential highs, lows, and sentiments associated with investing can overshadow the ultimate goal—making money. The “quantitative” approach to investing seeks to pay attention to the numbers ...
- Why The Winklevoss Twins' New Bitcoin ETF Matters @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 11:45 AM EDT
The Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust, currently moving towards regulatory approval and expected out later this year, will be a Bitcoin ETF. Currently, such an investment vehicle is only available to wealthy investors, ...
- Five Tax Myths That Can Cost You Cash @ Investopedia - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Relying on the wrong ideas about how to file your taxes could cost you plenty.
- The Time To Focus On Value ETFs Is Now @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 6:20 PM EDT
As the market has swooned, so has stocks' valuations. That’s making many investors nervous. The key to navigating this environment is switching your focus from growth towards value investing.
- Inventory: FIFO, LIFO @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
Whether a company chooses FIFO or LIFO has important implications for the bottom line and for tax liability.
- The Six Biggest Misconceptions About Bitcoin @ Investopedia - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 4:49 PM EDT
Bitcoin has gone mainstream. Yet it's still massively misunderstood.