- Is It Time to Invest in Australia? @ Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Australia a country rich in natural resources and one increasingly gaining attention from investors. Is it time to put some of your international allocation to work in Australia?
- Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 9:00 AM EDT
Conspicuous consumption could be robbing you of future wealth.
- Wal-Mart Uses Rigorous Cost Control To Offset Weaker Sales @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
Sluggish sales growth at Wal-Mart isn't a big surprise, but it could keep a lid on the stock.
- Fear Of Cisco Leads The Market To Abandon Aruba Networks @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:15 PM EDT
The spectre of share loss to Cisco has become real.
- How Much Further Can Value Carry Autodesk? @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Autodesk comes up short again as the macro environment stays soft.
- Should Investors Hang Around For More From Applied Materials? @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Applied Materials is showing progress, but has the 50% recovery already anticipated these improvements?
- The Time To Buy Italy Is Now @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
Investors are getting more comfortable with owning European stocks once again. For bold investors willing to go against the grain, Italy could offer some of the real deep values.
- Brocade's Uncertain New Direction @ Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:45 AM EDT
Brocade badly needs to prove that it can grow again.
- A Day In The Life Of A CFO Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:06 AM EDT
What would your life look like if you were CFO? We’ve interviewed three chief financial officers to find out.
- The Smith Maneuver: A Canadian Mortgage Tax-Deductible Plan Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:40 AM EDT
Canadian mortgages aren’t tax-deductible like the U.S.-based mortgages, but there's a way around this hurdle.
- Planning Your Second Career Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:35 AM EDT
A second career can provide opportunities whether you are worried about outliving your retirement savings, or you want to stay productive and do something meaningful later in life.
- Flowers Foods Beats On Revenue and Earnings--Should You Buy? @ Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:19 PM EDT
Delivering earnings that were three cents better than analyst expectations along with revenue that was $40 million higher than what was expected, investors barely reacted to the news. With its stock up ...
- Kohl's Could Work For A Trade, But It's In A Brutal Business @ Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 4:19 PM EDT
Kohl's did okay by the analysts, but core operating trends here certainly aren't strong.
- Cisco Comes Through, But Times Are Still Tough @ Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 3:59 PM EDT
Cisco comes through with a quarter that should calm tech investors.
- Tesla's Worth More Than Fiat--Time To Sell? @ Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
The Raw Story reported May 14 that Tesla (Nasdaq:TSLA) is worth more than Fiat despite the Italian carmaker producing 200 times as many cars. While Tesla is an amazing story its valuation has gotten frothy ...
- The Yen is Setting up to be an Attractive Long-Term Investment Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
As Japan embarks on quantitative easing, the yen has come under pressure. Will it continue to be the source of big profits in the latter half of 2013?
- How To Start Saving For Retirement @ Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:55 AM EDT
If you establish these money-saving habits and patiently allow your wealth to build, you will be taking some huge steps forward in making your financial future more secure.
- Behavioral Bias - Cognitive Vs. Emotional Bias In Investing Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:00 AM EDT
We all have biases. The key to better investing is to identify those biases and create rules to minimize their effect.
- Parabolic SAR Buy Signals Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 6:00 PM EDT
The Parabolic SAR indicator is flashing "buy" in these four diverse stocks. Not simply relying on one indicator though, I take a look at the overall technical outlook and determine which ones ...
- Five ETFs To Cash In On Japan’s Rise @ Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
With the election of Shinzo Abe and birth of “Abenomics”, things are looking up for Japan's exporting dependent nation. For investors, Japan may finally be awaking from its doldrums.
- If You Don't Mind Volatility, Deere Could Still Do Alright @ Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
Though Deere's shares sold off after earnings, the business model is sound and rolling along.
- Investors Already Thinking Recovery For Cummins @ Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:10 PM EDT
Cummins is still bottoming, but the Street is already thinking recovery
- Agilent Isn't Making It Easy On Investors Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 1:56 PM EDT
Core operating performance at Agilent needs to improve
- BP Looks Cheap, But A Lot Of Improvements Have To Come Through @ Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:45 PM EDT
Even with its problems and challenges, BP seems too cheap today
- Waiting For Housing To Recover, Valspar's Recovery Already Arrived @ Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:15 AM EDT
Valspar's market share and performance suggest the stock has recovered far enough.
- Know Your Stock Cost Basis Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:10 AM EDT
Understanding equity cost basis is critical for tracking the gains or losses of an investment.
- Chipotle Executing Well, But Valuation Leaves No Margin Of Error @ Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 3:00 PM EDT
Weak traffic isn't worrying investors who still prize Chipotle's mid-teens operating growth.
- Alliant Techsystems Looks To Guns For Growth @ Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
Norwest Equity Partners agreed May 13 to sell gun maker Savage Arms to Alliant Techsystems (NYSE:ATK) for $315 million. While firms like Norwest and Cereberus are bailing on the gun industry, others like ...
- Why Governments Issue Foreign Bonds Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
Government bonds issued in foreign currency have drawn a growing amount of interest in recent years. This article explores why governments, particularly those in emerging markets, choose to denominate ...
- Danaher Proves Even The Nimble Can Stumble @ Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 12:30 PM EDT
Danaher won't stay stuck for long.
- Roper A Little Short On Growth, But A Proven Builder Of Value @ Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 12:13 PM EDT
Roper's organic growth isn't great now, but the market's love for this M&A frequent flyer is unlikely to dim
- The U.S. Auto Industry Is Back @ Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 11:55 AM EDT
For investors, betting on the U.S. auto sector could lead to plenty of profits.
- Designations For The Buy Side Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 9:22 AM EDT
For those interested in picking securities and financial planning, these certifications could be just what your buy-side financial career needs.
- Fact Sheet: What Is The Fortune 500 List? Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 7:00 AM EDT
The Fortune 500 is a list most have heard of but don't know much about. Here, we present the basics with a few interesting facts.
- BorgWarner Still In A Long-Term Growth Lane @ Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 3:45 PM EDT
BorgWarner has intriguing growth prospects, but the shares have already recovered quite a bit of ground.
- ABB Performing Well, But A Big Change Is Coming @ Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
ABB is executing well in a tough environment, but losing CEO Hogan is a big blow
- Sell In May – Yay Or Nay? Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Seasonal timing in the market, best personified by the adage, “Sell in May – Go away,” has long been the subject of debate among investors. The question remains: Is there anything to it?
- Advanced Energy Industries Hanging On For The Turn @ Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 12:45 PM EDT
AEIS is cyclically down, but far from out.
- Claire's: Should You Accessorize With Its IPO? @ Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
Apollo Global Management is taking accessories retailer Claire's public. Should you get in on this IPO? I'll take a look.
- Consumer Spending As A Market Indicator Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
What people buy and where they shop can provide valuable information about the economy.
- It Should Be Up From Here For Eaton @ Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 11:45 AM EDT
Eaton should see very solid growth from here, but the market is already expecting quite a bit of that.
- The Market Seems Unwilling To Let Yum! Brands Stay Cheap For Long @ Investopedia - Mon, May 13, 2013 11:25 AM EDT
Yum! Brands' shares have rebounded pretty well despite an ongoing stream of bad news from China.
- 6 Things You Think Add Value To Your Home - But Really Don't Investopedia - Sun, May 12, 2013 8:00 AM EDT
Not everyone wants to spend their weekends shaping backyard topiaries. Even though you may enjoy the improvements you make to your house, it doesn't mean that they'll increase its value.
- Depreciation: Straight-Line Vs. Double-Declining Methods Investopedia - Sat, May 11, 2013 11:00 AM EDT
Appreciate the different methods used to describe how book value is "used up".
- 6 Tips For Selling Your Home Fast Investopedia - Sat, May 11, 2013 9:00 AM EDT
Find out what you can do to stand out from the competition and make your home an easy sell.
- Middleby Keeps Sticking To A Successful Recipe @ Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 5:30 PM EDT
Middleby continues to gain share and expand its market opportunities in an under-innovative industry.
- Trip Advisor Continues Its Buying Binge @ Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 3:00 PM EDT
Trip Advisor's buying binge continued May 7 announcing it was buying Niumba.com, a Spanish vacation rental site.
- ArcelorMittal Looks Like A Good House In A Really Tough Neighborhood @ Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 2:00 PM EDT
ArcelorMittal looks too cheap, but it could be a long wait to see it really outperform
- Place Your Chips On The Chip Makers @ Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
By adding the semiconductor producers, investors have a chance to play the backbone of technology and right now they are cheap.
- Little Left To Dendreon But The Hope Trade @ Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Dendreon looks increasingly irrelevant as the medical community moves on from Provenge.