- Short Sales And Foreclosures: When It's Time To Move On @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Sometimes it's better to cut your losses, but foreclosures and short selling can have devastating impacts on your credit score.
- The Uptick Rule: Does It Keep Bear Markets Ticking? @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
This rule prevents traders from driving stocks down, but its effect on market volatility is debatable.
- Continuation Patterns: In-Depth Look At Triangles @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
We take a closer look at ascending and descending triangles to help traders predict the ultimate breakout direction.
- Use The Momentum Strategy To Your Advantage @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Learn how to use a number of different indicators to know when to make your trading moves.
- Support And Resistance Basics @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Understanding the concept of Support and Resistance in trading can drastically improve your short-term investing strategy.
- Don't Believe The Hype About A Yahoo Turnaround @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer has recently claimed the company's core display advertising business is starting to show signs of a turnaround. Unfortunately, there may be less to this achievement ...
- Traders: Work Less, Make More Money @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Cut down on homework by screening for stocks that tend to make large intraday moves.
- Identifying Market Trends @ Investopedia - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
The success or failure of your long- and short-term investing depends on recognizing the direction of the market.
- Reality Check: Why Startups Fail @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
New ventures have only a 50% chance of making it through the first five years. Find out why.
- Cut Commissions With "For Sale By Owner" Sales @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
It takes a lot more work, but selling your home without a realtor can have benefits.
- Start Your Own Financial Planning Firm @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Read on to find business tips to make your dream a reality.
- Investment Misselling A Global Problem @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
When banks and advisors focus on fees and commissions, it is investors and the market that take the hit.
- Financial Wisdom From Three Wise Men @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Learn nine simple rules to success from the talented Buffett, Gartman and Pearson.
- 5 Signs Of A Credit Crisis @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
These indicators can illuminate the depth and severity of problems in the credit markets.
- An Introduction To The CMA Designation @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Learn what the Certified Management Accountant designation is, how to get it and what it can do for your accounting career.
- Going All-In: Comparing Investing And Gambling @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
People often compare stocks to gambling, but how close are they really?
- Protect Your Savings From Their Greatest Threat - You @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Watch your savings magically grow as you make withdrawals a headache and deposits a breeze.
- Check Your Credit Report @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Make sure there are no errors holding you back from obtaining a loan.
- 5 Ways To Get Maximum Student Financial Aid @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Getting the best possible package for a college fund depends on minimizing assets and maximizing the energy you use to find possible funding sources.
- How Interest Rates Affect Property Values @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
When interest rates fall, real estate prices tend to increase. Why? Find out here.
- Tips For Boosting Your Business @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Find out how butter up new clients, build up old files and better your bottom line.
- Explaining Types Of Fixed Annuities @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Learn about this popular retirement tool, its pros and cons and how annuities work to create a guaranteed regular stream of retirement income.
- 6 Employment Perks And How To Get Them @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Find out how to get more than money from your employer.
- Calculating (Small) Company Credit Risk @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Determining creditworthiness of smaller and medium-sized corporations isn't as easy as for larger companies, but these tips can help.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): The Basics @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
LLPs are a flexible legal and tax entity that allows partners to benefit from economies of scale by working together while also reducing their liability for the actions of other partners.
- You Can't Follow Everything: Managing Stock Research @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Don't suffer from paralysis by analysis; find out how to do an effective and manageable job of stock watching.
- Lessons On Corporate Dividend Payout And Retention Ratio @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Why are dividend payout and retention ratios important to consider when investing in company stock? What companies have high ratios?What constitutes a high dividend payout and retention ratio? Is a high ...
- Turnaround Stocks: U-Turn To High Returns @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Find out which catalysts can turn struggling stocks around to create a tidy profit.
- Profit With The Power Of P/E Ratio @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
The P/E ratio is a valuable tool when deciding on an investment, but it's not the only thing to consider.
- Read This Before You Sell @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
There are five tell-tale signs that show when to walk away from an investment.
- The Uncertainty Of Economics: Exploring The Dismal Science @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Learning about the study of economics can help you understand why you face contradictions in the market.
- The Importance Of Diversification @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Without this risk-reduction technique, your chance of loss will be unnecessarily high.
- Doing More With Less: The Sales-Per-Employee Ratio @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
If used properly, this ratio can give you insight into a company's productivity and financial health.
- The Treasury And The Federal Reserve @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
Find out how these two agencies create policies to stimulate the economy in tough economic times.
- The Basics Of Corporate Structure @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
CEOs, CFOs, presidents and vice presidents: learn how to tell the difference.
- How To Calculate Your Investment Return @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
How much are your investments actually returning? Find out why the method of calculation matters.
- Investigating The Stock Premium Puzzle @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
The Three-Factor Model tries to demystify the baffling small-cap and value return premiums.
- Overseas Investing No Protection Against Downturn @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
The U.S. economy affects many other countries. Find out what this can mean for overseas investments.
- What Are You Teaching Your Kids About Money? @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
Your approach to your finances could determine your children's financial success.
- Hetty Green: The Witch Of Wall Street @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
Hetty Green was the richest woman of her time and possibly the first value investor, yet she's not remembered kindly.
- This Company Is As Unavoidable As It Is Unloved @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
It used to be that just two things in life were unavoidable: death and taxes. But with its purchase of rival Time Warner Cable Inc., one should consider adding communications and entertainment giant Comcast ...
- Female Managers Can Raise Share Values @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
Women are quite capable of proving their worth in raising corporate value through various financial, managerial and human capabilities.
- Why The Consumer Price Index Is Controversial @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
Find out why economists are torn about how to calculate inflation.
- Alternative Ways To Invest In Debt @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
These five options can provide investors with lucrative investments - but they're not without risk.
- The Debt Ratings Debate @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
Lack of competition and potential conflicts of interest have called the value of these ratings into question.
- 2 Years Of Education, A Lifetime Of Success @ Investopedia - 16 hours ago
Believe it or not, many two-year colleges have advantages over their four-year counterparts.
- Introduction To Phantom Stock And SARs @ Investopedia - 19 hours ago
Phantom stock and stock appreciation rights reward employees with compensation tied to stock performance.
- Financial Professionals: The Benefits Of Joining An Association @ Investopedia - 19 hours ago
Make a name for yourself among your industry peers by joining a professional association.
- Boom or Bust? The End of China's One-Child Policy @ Investopedia - 19 hours ago
China's easing of its one-child policy has demographers speculating whether it'll lead to a baby boom. Here's why it might not.
- Gold IRA Rollover @ Investopedia - 19 hours ago
Does it make sense to roll over some of the money in your 401(k), IRA or Roth retirement accounts into a gold IRA? Consider these points before switching.