- The Week Ahead: July 25-29, 2016 @ Investopedia - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
A look at the coming week's news and happenings in business and financial markets.
- I work for a university, and I have a 403(b) with TIAA-CREF. But TIAA-CREF says I cannot transfer money … @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
It depends. The IRS does permit the transfer of assets between 403(b) providers; however, employers and 403(b) providers are not required to allow such transfers. Generally, the transfer is permitted only ...
- Tablets To 1040s: How Taxes Began @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
Ever dream of a world without tax? It existed - 3,000 years ago.
- Don't Be Misled By Investment Advertising @ Investopedia - 6 hours ago
Investment companies and brokers want to sell. Unfortunately, this can result in promotional material that is not entirely frank, or far worse, truly misleading.
- Offset Risk With Options, Futures And Hedge Funds @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Though all portfolios contain some risk, there are ways to lower it. Find out how.
- Should I Use a Money Market Fund Like a Checking Account? @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Find out why is not a good idea to replace your checking account, or any retail banking account, with a money market fund or money market account.
- 6 Things Investors Need to Know About Pokemon Go @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
It feels like 1999 all over again as the world is once again gripped by Pokemania. Here are 6 facts about the game every investor should know.
- Mortgage Amortization Strategies @ Investopedia - 18 hours ago
Should you get a 30-year mortgage? A 15-year one? Ways to decide which mortgage is the best fit.
- Introduction To Money Market Mutual Funds @ Investopedia - 18 hours ago
Learn about the easiest way to benefit from money market securities.
- How Installment Loans Work @ Investopedia - 18 hours ago
Everything you need to know before taking out an installment loan.
- Another Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Builds His Gold Position @ Investopedia - 18 hours ago
Paul Singer of Elliott Management becomes the latest hedge fund manager to seek a refuge in gold.
- Facebook: 7 Secrets You Didn't Know (FB) @ Investopedia - 19 hours ago
Why Mark Zuckerberg walks the office with a samurai sword, and other surprising facts about Facebook's leadership, operations, stock and structure.
- What Record Oil Stock Sales Mean for Investors (SU, QEP) @ Investopedia - 19 hours ago
Energy producers are raising money from a record volume of secondary offerings to acquire land and increase production.
- Should You Invest In Rookie Funds? @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Taking a chance on a brand-new mutual fund can add some all-star quality to your portfolio.
- Federal student loan rates: who sets them, why they vary @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Federal student loan rates are set by Congress, not by banks. Learn more about who gets what rate, and how often they get reset.
- Amazon: 10 Secrets You Didn't Know (AMZN) @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
10 little-known facts about e-commerce leader Amazon.com Inc., the world's largest online provider of retail goods headed up by Jeff Bezos.
- 3 Reasons Cash Is a Smart Position in Your Portfolio @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Explore three reasons to hold cash positions in investment portfolios, including the advantages of liquidity in falling markets and safe haven solutions.
- Here's Why Fixed-Income Returns Are So Low @ Investopedia - 21 hours ago
As the Federal Reserve remains reluctant to aggressively raise interest rates, investors continue to search for yield.
- The 3 Biggest iShare Bond ETFs (AGG, LQD) @ Investopedia - 21 hours ago
The characteristics, yields and duration of the three largest bond ETFs offered by BlackRock iShares.
- 3 Unintended Consequences From the New Fiduciary Rules @ Investopedia - 22 hours ago
Learn about three possible unintended consequences of the newly passed DOL fiduciary rule, including how they may impact investors and advisors differently.
- How Do You Purchase Physical Gold Bars? @ Investopedia - 22 hours ago
Find out how to buy gold bars, including tips on evaluating purity, form, size and authenticity of the purchase.
- 5 Restaurant Stocks With High Debt Levels (YUM, QSR) @ Investopedia - 22 hours ago
Examine the restaurant industry to identify five companies with high debt levels. Assess capital structure with financial leverage ratios.
- Is it possible to fund limited partnership interests with SEP contributions? @ Investopedia - 23 hours ago
Yes. The same rules that apply to investing Traditional and Roth IRA assets applies to SEP IRA assets. Therefore, providing the limited partnership investment is permitted under the Internal Revenue Code, ...
- Top 5 Corporate Donors in Energy (XOM, CVX) @ Investopedia - 23 hours ago
The largest corporate donors from the energy sector in 2015 include companies that substantially increased their giving despite lower revenues.
- Picking Your First Broker @ Investopedia - Sat, Jul 23, 2016 9:00 AM EDT
If you're a rookie investor, your first big investment decision should be an informed one.
- Who Spends the Most on Healthcare Now? The Wealthy @ Investopedia - Sat, Jul 23, 2016 9:00 AM EDT
The wealthy are now spending more on healthcare than the poor and middle class. But why?
- When Your Bond Comes Calling @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT
Callable bonds can leave investors with a pile of cash in a low-interest market. Find out what you can do about it.
- Tuition Reimbursement - An Employment Perk @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT
Boost your value in the job market at your employer's expense.
- When are Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRA contributions due? @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT
Read this article to learn more about the April 15 SEP IRA contribution deadline date and how tax-filing extensions affect this date.
- FUSEX: Fidelity Spartan 500 Index Fund Investor Portfolio Trends @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 7:18 PM EDT
Evaluate the composition of the Fidelity Spartan 500 Index Fund Investor Shares, and study how the fund's makeup has evolved in recent months.
- FBGRX: Fidelity Blue Chip Growth Fund Portfolio Trends in 2016 @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 7:15 PM EDT
Evaluate the composition of the Fidelity Blue Chip Growth Fund, and learn how its makeup has evolved between March 2015 and March 2016.
- Signs You're Ready to Retire @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 6:30 PM EDT
Learn the five signs that indicate you are OK to retire. Discover what steps are crucial to determining an effective and successful retirement plan.
- AEPGX: Overview of EuroPacific Growth Mutual Fund @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 6:15 PM EDT
Read about the recent performance, management structure and investment philosophy behind the American Funds EuroPacific Growth Fund.
- Foreclosure Opens Doors For Real Estate Investors @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 6:00 PM EDT
Learn how to spot hot properties that you can turn around for a profit.
- My company is the trustee of our 401k plan (which has 112 participants). What are the pros and cons of … @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 6:00 PM EDT
The answer may vary depending on the plan provider and the provisions of the plan document. For questions relating to a specific issue, the employer should consult with an ERISA attorney, who will be able ...
- VIMAX: Overview of Vanguard Mid Cap Index Fund @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:56 PM EDT
Read an overview of the Vanguard Mid Cap Index Fund Admiral Shares mutual fund, and discover how its portfolio holdings have performed in recent years.
- BCHYX, ADFIX: Top 3 American Century’s Bond Mutual Funds @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:52 PM EDT
Explore three American Century bond mutual funds that have strong risk-adjusted returns, high third-party ratings and low expense ratios.
- How can we secure a healthy financial income in our retirement? @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:40 PM EDT
I am 62 years and my wife is 50. I am making $150K a year and my wife makes $80K a year. I have a 401(k) plan with a $600K balance and my wife's 401(k) ...
- DODGX: Top 5 Mutual Fund Holders of HP (HPQ) @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:40 PM EDT
Discover the top 5 mutual fund investors in HP Inc., the computer and printer spinoff from Hewlett-Packard. Read about each fund's financial metrics.
- OAKBX: Oakmark Equity & Income Fund's Top Holdings Analysis @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:22 PM EDT
Learn about the top five holdings in the Oakmark Equity and Income fund. The fund has had the same portfolio manager since 1995 and has a four-star rating.
- VICSX, LSDIX: 3 High-Yielding Corporate Bond Mutual Funds @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:11 PM EDT
Learn what intermediate-term government bond funds are and who should buy them, and discover three high-yielding funds in this category.
- FPURX: Fidelity Puritan Fund's Portfolio Trends @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 5:03 PM EDT
Evaluate the composition of the Fidelity Puritan Fund, and consider how the fund's makeup has evolved between March 2015 and March 2016.
- Housing and Jobs Keep U.S. Indexes Near Highs @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:57 PM EDT
A weekly technical summary of the major U.S. indexes.
- FAVFX: The Top All Cap Value Mutual Funds @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:48 PM EDT
Understand the benefits of investing in value stocks across all market cap categories, and learn the best all-cap value mutual funds for 2016.
- 5 Tips for Cutting Divorce Costs @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:34 PM EDT
A divorce can be difficult and expensive, but there are several ways for you to minimize some of costs associated with the process.
- American Airlines Flies Higher on Q2 Beat (AAL) @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:26 PM EDT
Thanks to a 25% reduction in fuel spending, or savings of $530 million, the company during the quarter returned more than $1.7 billion to its shareholders.
- FPACX: Top 3 Mutual Fund Holders of Alcoa (AA) @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:20 PM EDT
Discover the top three largest mutual fund holders of Alcoa shares and learn if its investment strategy can help your portfolio.
- FAIRX: Overview of a Stock Pickers' Mutual Fund @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:10 PM EDT
Find out about the once high-flying Fairholme Fund along with information about its investment performance and its portfolio manager.
- Recession Hits UK Within a Year, Says BlackRock Analyst @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:09 PM EDT
"Uncertainty" -- at least for now -- is a slightly more optimistic view than a certain recession.
- How should I start saving for retirement on a low income? @ Investopedia - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 4:00 PM EDT
Our family's income is around $23,000 annually. We are in our late 40's and have no retirement. How should we start saving? We don't think there's any ...