- Expedia Preparing Trivago for IPO @ Investopedia - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Talk of a pending initial public offering of Expedia's (NASDAQ: EXPE) majority-owned Trivago travel site initiated with the company's second-quarter earnings release in late July. At the time, Expedia ...
- Sony Bringing Tournaments to the PS4 System @ Investopedia - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
In what looks like a naked bid to profit from the enthusiasm for e-sports, Sony (NYSE: SNE) last week unveiled a "Tournaments" feature for the PS4 console. Players also need an ESL account and ...
- Gannett’s USA Today Network Launches VR News Show @ Investopedia - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Gannett's (NYSE: GCI) USA Today Network recently unveiled its first weekly virtual-reality news show: VRtually There will air on Thursdays at 2 p.m., and can be viewed on a dedicated page on USA Today's ...
- Is Qualcomm Close to a Deal for NXP? @ Investopedia - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Talk of a megadeal in which leading smartphone chipmaker Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) would acquire Netherlands-based NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI) has been swirling for several weeks. Shareholders of ...
- Major Indexes Flat This Week, Netflix the Big Winner @ Investopedia - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
The major indexes were mostly flat this week. Big rallies in Netflix and American Express were offset by declines in eBay.
- AMD Falls Despite Topping 3Q Estimates @ Investopedia - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
Shares of AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) fell about 6% after hours on Thursday, although the chipmaker posted better-than-expected third quarter numbers. Revenue rose 23% annually to $1.3 billion, beating estimates ...
- Chesapeake Sets Record with Massive Frack (CHK) @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
Production jumps 70% after company pumps 25,000 tons of sand into the well, a process drillers dubbed “Propaggedon.”
- HollyFrontier in Talks to Buy Suncor Unit: Report @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
Oil refining specialist HollyFrontier (NYSE: HFC) will soon add a large asset to its portfolio, according to a report from Reuters. The article, citing "people familiar with the matter," asserts ...
- Activist Investor Blocks GE’s Purchase of SLM (GE) @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
As GE continues its transformation into an 'industrial digital,' the company says it refuses to raise SLM purchase price, instead looking at other options.
- Skechers' Big Miss Kicks Its Stock Hard @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
Investors should have expected Skechers (NYSE: SKX) was going to post another big miss, but the big 16% drop in its stock after hours following its third-quarter earnings report indicates they were shocked ...
- Anadarko Eyes Expansion in Midland (APC) @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
The company looks to ramp up production in the Delaware and DJ basins with cash from its Freeport-McMoRan deal.
- Exxon Sells Nigerian Downstream Assets (XOM) @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
In three moves this week, Exxon Mobil focused its sub-Saharan African operations on finding and extracting oil and gas, while limiting downstream exposure.
- Citrix’s Q3 Earnings Fail to Impress (CTXS, VMW) @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Analysts are skeptical of the software company's ability to sustain long-term growth, indicating a significant lag behind virtualization rival VMware.
- British American Tobacco Wants to Buy Reynolds @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
British American Tobacco (NYSEMKT: BTI) wants to buy the 58% of cigarette maker Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI) it doesn't already own in a $47 billion merger that would dwarf Reynolds' $25 billion acquisition ...
- Lockheed Martin Wins $92M US Navy Contract (LMT) @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) has been awarded a $92 million contract modification from the U.S. Navy.
- Cybersecurity: Proofpoint to Buy FireLayers (PFPT) @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
Investors applaud the Silicon Valley company's move to harness key growth drivers including international expansion and cloud-based solutions.
- NVIDIA Touts Involvement in Nintendo Switch @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
For all its past struggles in trying to expand beyond the gaming market, few companies are as skilled as NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) when it comes to giving players unique experiences. Its latest win? Providing ...
- Could Bitcoin Triumph in a Mr. Robot-like World? @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
Does the cult TV series Mr. Robot present a possible scenario in which Bitcoin could become vital?
- Ethereum Price Stable Despite Attacks, Potential Fork @ Investopedia - 6 hours ago
Despite repeated bursts of panic, and yet another hard fork due to security breaches, Ethereum is just fine.
- Apple Is Building Homes With Connected Devices @ Investopedia - 6 hours ago
Fancy a new home with automated blinds and a baby monitor machine that triggers a coffee brew process in your kitchen? Apple's got you covered.
- 3 Financial Planning Tips for Women Who Earn More @ Investopedia - 7 hours ago
In marriages where the wife brings home a bigger paycheck, the woman is more than twice as likely as her husband to make all financial decisions.
- The Ins And Outs Of Seller-Financed Real Estate Deals @ Investopedia - 7 hours ago
There's more than one way to buy or sell a house. Seller financing presents yet another unique option.
- Advisor Fees: A Look At the Retainer Model @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Financial advisors may want to become familiar with new payment models sooner rather than later in order to proactively meet market demands.
- Advaxis Cervical Cancer Study Continues (ADXS) @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Advaxis initiated a Phase 3 study of its AXAL drug to treat late-stage cervical cancer.
- Bombardier To Cut 7,500 Jobs The Next Two Years @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Beset by fierce competition and dwindling revenue, Canadian plane and train maker Bombardier will be downsizing 7,500 jobs the next two years.
- SEC Wants a Comprehensive Review ETF Industry @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Judging by two ugly incidents last year, it's time the products received some scrutiny.
- Third Point Reinsurance CEO Likens M&A Deals to Marriages @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Though some work in a beautiful way, others end in failure, according to CEO John Berger.
- Merck Set For Big Move After 3-Month Slumber (MRK) @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Merck hasn't budged since gapping up in early August, with the October 25th earnings report set to trigger much higher or much lower prices.
- Report: AT&T Buy of Time Warner Imminent (T, TWX) @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
AT&T and Time Warner could announce a deal as soon as this weekend.
- Advaxis Phase 1/2 Cancer Trial Proceeds (ADXS) @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Advaxis launched part B of its ongoing combination Phase 1/2 study of its drug ADXS-PSA to treat late-stage prostrate cancer.
- General Electric Total Revenues Rise in 3Q16 (GE) @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
General Electric Co. (GE) reported strong financial results in the third quarter of 2016.
- Technical Analysts See Warning Signs in Stocks @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
According to reporting by the Wall Street Journal, the 10 day average of S&P 500 advancers vs. decliners has dropped to a new low.
- Changing Jobs? Don't Forget About Your 401(k) @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
There are often conflicts of interest in many 401(k) plans today. Be sure yours—including those from past jobs—are being managed effectively.
- Microsoft Reaches Record High After Positive Earnings Beat @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
The Redmond-based behemoth's record highs are a result of increased run rate in its cloud business.
- The Best Bet for Retirement Income: Bonds or Bond Funds? @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Retirees seeking income from their investments typically look into bonds. Here's a look at the types of bonds, bond funds and their pros and cons.
- Prudential is the Latest to Cut ETF Fees @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Prudential Investments has become the latest fund manager to cut ETF fees.
- How to Manage SS Disability & Retirement Benefits @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Advisors with clients who receive disability benefits can carve out a profitable niche by helping them integrate this income into a financial plan.
- Venture Capital Funding Floods Into Life Insurance @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
Online insurance firms have been drawing significant funding from venture capital firms.
- Morgan Stanley Stock Upgraded at Guggenheim (MS) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
Add the name Guggenheim to the list of analysts who are applauding the quick manner in which Morgan Stanley has shored up its trading business.
- Reynolds American Receives a Bid (RAI) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
It’s a big offer, and the stock is soaring.
- Boeing, Azur Air Announce Partnership (BA) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
Boeing Co. (BA) will deploy its Optimized Maintenance Program (OMP) for Russian charter airline Azur Air.
- Vale Lowers 2017 Iron Ore Outlook (VALE, BHP) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
A day after rival BHP Billiton reduced its guidance for copper and iron ore, Brazilian-based miner Vale did the same.
- Track Your Clients' Spending Habits With Apps @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
New data aggregation tools give advisors a way to provide value to their clients in a market where advice is becoming more and more commoditized.
- Nintendo Reveals Combo Console/Portable Game System @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
The new gaming system is a hybrid between a home console and a portable device.
- iRhythm Stock Soared 65% Above IPO Price (IRTC) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
iRhythm Techologies, a San Francisco-based maker of portable heart monitors, launched a $107 million initial public offering on October 20.
- Akorn Plant Cited For 6 FDA Violations (AKRX) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
Akorn Inc. was slapped with a warning letter after the FDA found 6 quality-control violations at its Decatur, Illinois, drug manufacturing plant.
- Top 10 Donors to the Trump Campaign (FB, WWE) @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
These CEOs want Trump in the White House.
- Ford and GM Stuck in Neutral Ahead of Earnings @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
Ford and General Motors have underperformed broad benchmarks for three years, caught in corrections despite healthy domestic car sales.
- Insteel Industries Dives Despite Q4 Profit (IIIN) @ Investopedia - 11 hours ago
Shares of Insteel Industries got crushed Thursday, plunging as much as 31% to a session low of $22.50 on strong volume.
- Report: AT&T, Time Warner in Talks (T, TWX) @ Investopedia - 11 hours ago
AT&T and Time Warner are in talks about some form of an alliance.