- Fabulous Freebies 2014 @ Kiplinger - 4 hours ago
You can actually get a free college education at a handful of schools. For example, Berea College, in Berea, Ky., provides all students a four-year tuition scholarship that amounts to nearly $100,000. See our College Rankings special report for more universities that offer academic excellence at a good price. Free Money …
- 17 Best Things to Buy This Fall @ Kiplinger - 5 hours ago
Retailers typically mark down the previous year's models to make room for the new batch of appliances that will be hitting their stores, says Brett Billick, Deals2Buy.com senior vice-president. Often the deals are best during Labor Day sales, when appliances are marked down as much as 70%, says Offers.com vice president …
- Best Money-Saving Tips From Top Personal Finance Bloggers @ Kiplinger - 9 hours ago
Ten popular bloggers offer advice on how to spend less and save more.
- New Reverse Mortgage Rules Protect Younger Spouses @ Kiplinger - 14 hours ago
If the older spouse dies, the younger spouse can stay in the home, but there is a cost.
- 10 Fall Travel Destinations That Are on Sale @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
You'll save on airfare and accommodations if you visit these locales during shoulder season.
- 9 Overlooked Credit-Card Perks @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
Here are nine little-known benefits that cardholders can take advantage of -- from extended warranties on items you purchase with your cards to free admission to museums. Before you pay extra to extend the warranty of a product you buy, check to see if your credit card offers additional coverage free. The four major credit …
- Watch Out for Senior Money Moments @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
Trusted financial professionals can be among the first to spot a problem that's more than just normal forgetfulness.
- Why It Pays to Join the Company Wellness Program @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
More companies are offering incentives to sign up. Some are penalizing you if you don't.
- How to Get an iPhone 6 for Less @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
There are ways to avoid paying the full retail price for Apple's newest smart phone.
- The Starting Out Guide to Cheap International Travel @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Save on flights, lodging, ground transportation and more, so you can explore the world while you're still young.
- 3 Chinese Stocks That Are Better Bargains than Alibaba @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Looking for a foothold in the Chinese market with dividends to boot? Consider this threesome.
- 7 Great Stocks for the Next 15 Years @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
Lard your portfolio with stocks like these, but also diversify with a few index funds. Boeing It took seven years for Boeing (BA) to translate its first order for the 787, a plane that cuts fuel consumption by 20% and can fly up to 8,300 nautical miles, into an actual jet that could be delivered to a client. Although …
- How to Earn Airline Miles Without Flying @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
These four strategies will help you accumulate points toward free flights.
- 6 Things You Must Know About Pet Insurance @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Premiums aren't cheap, but coverage can help defray the cost of big-ticket vet bills.
- What Roth Owners Should Do if They Exceed the Income Limit @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
You can avoid the penalty if you have your IRA administrator move your 2014 Roth IRA contributions into a traditional IRA.
- 3 Simple Steps to Estimate Your Home's Value @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Thinking about selling? Here's how to tell if your home's price has gone up or down.
- 10 best jobs you can get without a college degree Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 6:33 PM EDT
Thinkstock A bachelor's degree is often thought to be the key to financial success. After all, while the median salary of high school graduates 25 years and older is $29,766 a year, the typical college ...
- Turning 50? Catch Up on Retirement Savings @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
You can start contributing more cash to your IRA, 401(k) and other retirement accounts once you reach the milestone.
- 25 Stocks to Buy Now @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
It's the downside of up markets. The longer and higher share prices advance, the harder it is to find good companies selling at attractive prices. So with Standard & Poor's 500-stock index having more ...
- The Best Loans to Pay Down First @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Focus on wiping out credit-card and consumer debt first.
- How to Haggle for Practically Anything @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Use these strategies to lower prices you never dreamed were negotiable.
- How to Earn More or Survive on Less @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Advice from around the Web that can help you make more and make the most of what you already have.
- All the Things Thomas Pikkety Got Wrong @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
The author of Capital in the Twenty-First Century has a flawed view of capitalism.
- 8 Ways to Beat Rising Food Prices @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Use these smart shopping strategies to pay less when your favorite foods including bacon start to cost more.
- How Much It Costs to Boost Life Insurance Coverage @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:50 PM EDT
With term life insurance rates relatively low, it's a good time to add coverage.
- 5 Best Low-Cost Mutual Funds @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
In choosing funds, the expense ratio--not performance--is the first number to consider.
- When a Deferred-Income Annuity Makes Sense @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Some retirees may benefit from investing part of their nest egg in a longevity annuity.
- Worst U.S. Airports for Wi-Fi @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 15, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
Don't plan on surfing the Web for free at these eight major hubs.
- You Still Have Time to Undo a Roth Conversion @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 15, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
If you converted a traditional IRA to a Roth in 2013, you have until October 15 to move the money back.
- How This Contrarian Mutual Fund Beats Its Peers @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 15, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
Janus Contrarian looks for undervalued companies that are changing for the better.
- 7 Stocks to Buy and Hold for the Next 15 Years @ Kiplinger - Sun, Sep 14, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
Some of Disney's prime assets are folks who never ask for a raise, including Goofy, Cinderella and Luke Skywalker.
- Managing Stress a Must for Caregivers @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
Providing care for a severely ill loved one can be grueling, but caregivers risk burnout if they don't take steps to care for themselves, too.
- How to Bid on a Home @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
Do some research first and set a limit on what you're willing to pay.
- Cash Out Your Lease on Your Car @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
You could walk away with a check if your vehicle is worth more than the purchase price written into the lease.
- 5 Ways to Save on Video Games @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 2:50 PM EDT
Use these strategies to cut your spending on digital entertainment.
- How 6 types of retirement income are taxed Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 10:49 AM EDT
- New Services Help You Monitor Your Credit Cards @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
One card issuer is sending alerts to help you spot errors and bogus charges on your statements, and some banks offer apps to switch your debit card on or off.
- Three Grad School Degrees Worth the Debt @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 10, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
Earning a master's or PhD in the right field can boost your career and help you pay off your student loans quickly.
- How Real People Eliminated Really Big Debts @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 10, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Inspiring stories from around the Web that can help you regain control of your finances.
- 3 Reasons Investors Should Ignore the Doomsayers @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 10, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
The global and U.S. economies aren't as feeble as many of the scarier headlines proclaim.
- Three Best Bargains at Whole Foods @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
You can get good deals at the high-end grocer if you know what to shop for.
- Retirement Plans for Self-Employed Workers @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
Even freelancers doing work on the side can contribute to a solo 401(k) or a Simplifed Employee Pension.
- Best Time to Sell Your Old iPhone @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
The longer you wait after the release of the new iPhone 6, the less you're likely to get for your older model.
- Business Costs in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Here's what businesses can expect to pay next year for health care, insurance, fuel, shipping, borrowing and more.
- How to Avoid Getting Hacked @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 2:50 PM EDT
Take these precautions to lower your risk of having your personal information stolen.
- How to Find Your Best City for Starting Out @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
New grads, consider your career, costs of living and the social scene when deciding where to settle after college.
- Manage Your Health Records Online @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 5, 2014 5:20 PM EDT
An increasing number of digital tools let patients take charge of their medical records.
- 5 Reasons You Hate Flying and What to Do About It @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 5, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
Feel like you are paying more but getting less from air travel these days? Here's how to fight back.
- How Credit Scores Can Boost Home Insurance Premiums @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 5, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Got so-so credit? You are likely paying more in premiums than people with excellent credit.
- The best 529 college-savings plans Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 5, 2014 11:20 AM EDT