- How to Manage Your Passwords Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 1:33 PM EST
- Holiday Scams to Avoid Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Follow these tips to prevent becoming a victim of identity thieves and con artists.
- Interest Rates and the Real Unemployment Rate Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 12:00 AM EST
There's nothing magic about a particular unemployment rate. No one number is enough to indicate that the economy is healthy.
- James K. Glassman's 10 Stock Picks for 2014 Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
2013 was a very good year for the stocks I recommended. Let's see how I can follow up.
- An ETF to Match the Market Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Vanguard Total Stock Market owns almost every publicly traded U.S. company worth at least $10 million.
- How the Government Shutdown Might Affect the Filing of Your 2013 Tax Return Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Expect the start of the tax-filing season to be delayed -- which means a longer wait for refunds.
- 5 Stocks to Sell Now Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Come out ahead (if you still can) and lose these laggards.
- 4 Smart Personal-Finance Moves for Treacherous Times Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
How to survive the hit to your wallet from gridlock in Washington.
- Best and Worst Buys of December 2013 Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
You'll find find tools, toys and more on sale this month.
- How Much Longer Can the Bull Market Last? Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
One market strategist with a superb record is still bullish but sees increasing danger signs.
- Andrew Feinberg's 7 Stock Picks for 2014 Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Bank of America's stock could reach $20 over the next year without breaking a sweat.
- 2014 Outlook for Investing Overseas Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Europe is enticing, Japan is so-so, and emerging markets are unappealing.
- Best Days for Crowd-Free Holiday Shopping Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 12:00 AM EST
You can avoid the hustle and bustle and get better customer service on these ten days.
- 10 Reasons You'll Never Be Rich Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 12:31 PM EST
- Best Doorbuster Deals for Thanksgiving and Black Friday Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 9:46 AM EST
- Gifts That Keep on Giving Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 12:00 AM EST
This holiday season, give the gift of greater spending power with something more fun and thoughtful than a stocking full of cash. Your friends and family will be sure to remember your sentiment all year long as the savings keep rolling in.
- Kiplinger's 2014 Stock Market Outlook: More Gains Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Five years into a powerful bull market, there seems to be little on the horizon to cheer up the bears.
- Black Friday Strategies to Help You Save Money Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Follow these tips to get the best deals and avoid overspending on holiday gifts.
- 8 Things Not to Keep in Your Wallet This Holiday Season Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 1:21 PM EST
With just your name and Social Security number, identity thieves can open new credit accounts and make costly purchases in your name.
- The Lowdown on the Health Insurance Penalty Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:00 AM EST
If you don't buy a policy by March 31, 2014, get ready to pay up.
- Behind the Stock Bubble Talk, Hot Air Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Yes, some seers think stocks are wildly overpriced. We think they're wrong
- 10 Things You Must Know About Roth Accounts Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:00 AM EST
The Roth IRA, named after the late Delaware Sen. William Roth, became a savings option in 1998, followed by the Roth 401(k) in 2006. Roths turn traditional IRA and 401(k) rules on their head. If you're in the 25% tax bracket, for example, 25% of all earnings will effectively belong to the IRS to be collected when you …
- 12 Smart Tax Moves to Make Now Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Answer three simple questions (you'll find the answers on your 2012 tax return), and we'll estimate how many additional allowances you deserve -- and how much your take-home pay could rise. If you expect that you'll owe money when you file your 2013 tax return next spring, you can avoid an underpayment penalty by boosting …
- Thumbs Down on a Retiree Rule of Thumb Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Retirees, don't shy away from stocks. New research shows boosting stock allocation during retirement could be a smart move.
- Great Stocks Under $10 Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:00 AM EST
In a red-hot stock market, it's hard to argue that much is cheap these days. That may drive some frustrated investors toward the nominally cheap -- stocks with single-digit share prices. But as many veteran ...
- 11 Ways to Waste Money During the Holidays Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:00 AM EST
In fact, consumers are expected to spend nearly $738, on average, this year on gifts, decorations, greeting cards, food, candy and more, according to the National Retail Federation. You can get most airlines and online travel agencies to give you a rebate -- usually in travel credits or vouchers -- if your flight's price …
- Stores Get Stingy About Returns Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Shoppers should expect a shorter grace period and be ready to flash an ID.
- Make the Most of Employee Benefits During Open Enrollment Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 12:00 AM EST
One of your biggest decisions is to choose health insurance for the coming year, but don't overlook other important benefits your employer may offer.
- Why You Should Do Your Holiday Shopping Online Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Don't worry -- you won't miss all the good deals if you shop from home. In fact, you'll save money and time.
- Take a Road Trip With Your Grandkids Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM EST
'Grand travel' creates memories of a lifetime for both generations.
- Why You Should Reshop Your Auto Insurance Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM EST
A new study finds that drivers could save a lot by comparing rates from several insurers.
- Service Providers You Should Tip for the Holidays Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM EST
For example, "you don't tip 'professionals' that are on salary or charge large hourly rates and don't rely on gratuity as part of their income," says Diane Gottsman, national etiquette expert. Increase the amount for someone who works more often.
- President Obama Allows Insurers to Extend Canceled Health Insurance Policies Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM EST
But insurers and state regulators would have to work quickly to reinstate policyholders before the end of 2013.
- Amazing House Swaps Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM EST
For world travelers who also own their own homes and have flexible schedules, house swapping offers an attractive vacation option with substantial savings on lodging. On Web sites such as HomeExchange.com ...
- What 'New Normal?' El-Erian's Pimco Fund Falls Flat Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM EST
He and Bill Gross make up the most formidable pair of bond investors in the world. But El-Erian hasn't had much success running Global Multi-Asset Fund
- Making a Wise Investment in a Collectible Car Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Don't fool yourself into thinking you'll make big money. Think in terms of enjoying an asset that you want to hold its value better than most vehicles.
- Beware of Typhoon Disaster-Relief Scams Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Take these steps to make sure your donations to help victims in the Philippines go to reputable organizations.
- 3 Reasons the Stock Market Is Not Overvalued (and One Reason It Might Be) Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Short term, a correction is overdue. Long term, this bull market has room to run.
- Successful Entrepreneurs Without a College Degree Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 12:00 AM EST
For most workers, a college degree -- and the knowledge, skills and connections that come with it -- is a ticket to higher lifetime earnings. But for those who dream even bigger -- of proving unique skills and building new businesses -- a college degree is hardly a prerequisite. Would-be entrepreneurs can find inspiration …
- Housing Outlook, 2014: Home Prices Head Higher Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 12:00 AM EST
After a surge in home values in most cities over the past year, prices will increase more slowly in 2014.
- Time Is Running Out on Energy-Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credits Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Congress extended the deadline to December 31, 2013, for many energy-efficient improvements.
- The Outlook for Mortgages Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 12:00 AM EST
A look at what would-be home buyers can expect when attempting to qualify for a mortgage this year.
- Why Do Jobs Go Begging? Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 12, 2013 12:00 AM EST
A grievous mismatch of workers' skills and job openings means millions go without paychecks while employers lack the help they need.
- IRS Warns of New Phone Scam Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 12, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Taxpayers are being told to pay money they don't owe or face harsh consequences.
- A Tough Assessment of JFK, Interrupted Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM EST
What Kiplinger editors were planning to say about Kennedy...until word of his assassination came from Dallas.
- How to Make Money While Traveling Abroad Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Considering a gap-year trip? Find a job to save on travel costs and fill the holes in your resume while satisfying your wanderlust.
- Welcome to the $1,000 Stock Club Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Just because shares trade for four figures doesn't mean they're pricey. Take Google and Priceline, for example.
- Low-Cost Loans for Members of the Military Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Skip payday lenders. Military emergency-relief funds and credit unions are much better options.
- Collectible Cars with Enduring Value Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM EST
With eye-popping auction prices of late (would you believe $30 million for a Mercedes?), classic cars are getting a lot of attention these days as an investment opportunity. Can you, too, own a piece of ...
- Trade In Your Old Smart Phone Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM EST
A lightly used device is worth a bundle.