- Why You Should Avoid Janus and Pimco Funds @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Boardroom drama is never helpful at money-management firms.
- How to Earn Extra Cash @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
A look at tips from personal finance bloggers on ways to make money on the side.
- It's Time for Medicare Open Enrollment @ Kiplinger - 4 hours ago
You may be able to score a better deal on your Part D prescription-drug plan or Advantage plan.
- Best Stocks for Socially Responsible Investors @ Kiplinger - 7 hours ago
When it began to blossom in the 1980s, "socially responsible" investing was mostly about what investors didn't want to own. Today, socially responsible investing is largely dedicated to investing for the greater good of humankind and the planet, which means focusing on companies that have pledged to work toward those goals …
- 11 Surprising Things You Can Rent @ Kiplinger - 7 hours ago
Renting rather than buying can make financial sense, but in some cases there are more affordable alternatives.
- Calculating Required Distributions From Your Retirement Accounts @ Kiplinger - 23 hours ago
Your plan administrator may calculate the distribution and send you the money automatically.
- A Timely Look at Unconstrained Bond Funds @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 3:30 PM EDT
Bill Gross leaves Pimco to run one of these invest-anywhere funds for Janus. Wise move or folly?
- Change Your Medicare Coverage During Open Enrollment @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Many insurers are shrinking provider networks, so make sure your doctors are included in the plans you're considering.
- Bill Gross Abandons Pimco Funds. Should You? @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
The bond king's abrupt move to Janus raises more doubts about Pimco's portfolios
- How to Survive the Next Stock Market Correction @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
The secret to keeping your investment portfolio intact during a big sell-off is planning ahead and avoiding panic.
- Three Tiny Homes With Big Appeal @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
What these small houses lack in square footage they make up for in clever design and savings.
- Five States That Hold the Key to Control of the Senate @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Don't be surprised if Democrats keep power. But either way, gridlock will remain.
- Best and Worst Buys of October 2014 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 1:50 PM EDT
You'll find a few seasonal items on sale this month, but wait until November for some of the best bargains of the year.
- Least tax-friendly states for retirees Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 10:46 AM EDT
These states impose the highest taxes on retirees, according to Kiplinger's 2014 analysis of state taxes.
- Great Mutual Funds You Can Own for Just $100 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
Your investment options are limited if money is tight, but these three picks should help get you started on a shoestring budget.
- Kiplinger 25 Update: Mairs & Power Growth @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
This traditionalist fund is changing its leadership, but sticking by one of its big holdings: Target.
- Retirement Plans for Small Businesses @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
This retirement-savings plan is a good option for businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
- Why You Should Book Your Holiday Travel Now @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Thanksgiving and Christmas airfares will only go up from here, so use these strategies to find an affordable flight fast.
- Faster Growth Looks to Stay for Awhile @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
From mid-2014, the U.S. economy should grow 3% or better through 2016. Only two slight risks might hold us back.
- Ways to Save $1,000 by Black Friday @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
Cut your expenses over the next two months to finance holiday purchases with cash rather than credit. Here's how.
- Most tax-friendly states for retirees Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 3:34 PM EDT
These states impose the lowest taxes on retirees, according to Kiplinger's 2014 analysis of state taxes.
- A Hydrogen-Powered Car Hits the Market (in California) @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 25, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Hyundai is the first on the market, with Toyota and Honda expected to follow suit shortly
- Retirees, Watch Out for the State Tax Bite @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
States are all over the map when it comes to taxing retirement income.
- 6 Tax Factors to Consider When Picking a Retirement Destination @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 2:14 PM EDT
It pays to know how much you might pay in state and local taxes before you move.
- Get Free Retirement Advice From Financial Planners on September 25 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
Jump-start your retirement planning on Thursday when experts will answer your questions during a live online chat.
- 17 Best Things to Buy This Fall @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Retailers typically mark down the previous year's models to make room for the new batch of appliances that will be hitting their stores, says Brett Billick, Deals2Buy.com senior vice-president. Often the deals are best during Labor Day sales, when appliances are marked down as much as 70%, says Offers.com vice president …
- Fabulous Freebies 2014 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
There's only one thing better than getting a good price on something, and that's getting it for free. Our list of 68 freebies is packed with more something-for-nothing deals than ever. We don't allow any ...
- When to Start Making Catch-Up Retirement Contributions @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Supercharge your nest egg by upping your savings in the year you turn 50.
- Safeguards for Debit Card Users @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 24, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Some debit-card users soon will benefit from zero liability for fraudulent purchases.
- Best Money-Saving Tips From Top Personal Finance Bloggers @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 23, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Ten popular bloggers offer advice on how to spend less and save more.
- New Reverse Mortgage Rules Protect Younger Spouses @ Kiplinger - Tue, Sep 23, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
If the older spouse dies, the younger spouse can stay in the home, but there is a cost.
- 9 Overlooked Credit-Card Perks @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
Here are nine little-known benefits that cardholders can take advantage of -- from extended warranties on items you purchase with your cards to free admission to museums. Before you pay extra to extend the warranty of a product you buy, check to see if your credit card offers additional coverage free. The four major credit …
- 10 Fall Travel Destinations That Are on Sale @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
You'll save on airfare and accommodations if you visit these locales during shoulder season.
- Watch Out for Senior Money Moments @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 22, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
Trusted financial professionals can be among the first to spot a problem that's more than just normal forgetfulness.
- Why It Pays to Join the Company Wellness Program @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
More companies are offering incentives to sign up. Some are penalizing you if you don't.
- How to Get an iPhone 6 for Less @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
There are ways to avoid paying the full retail price for Apple's newest smart phone.
- The Starting Out Guide to Cheap International Travel @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Save on flights, lodging, ground transportation and more, so you can explore the world while you're still young.
- 3 Chinese Stocks That Are Better Bargains than Alibaba @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Looking for a foothold in the Chinese market with dividends to boot? Consider this threesome.
- 7 Great Stocks for the Next 15 Years @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
Lard your portfolio with stocks like these, but also diversify with a few index funds. Boeing It took seven years for Boeing (BA) to translate its first order for the 787, a plane that cuts fuel consumption by 20% and can fly up to 8,300 nautical miles, into an actual jet that could be delivered to a client. Although …
- How to Earn Airline Miles Without Flying @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
These four strategies will help you accumulate points toward free flights.
- 6 Things You Must Know About Pet Insurance @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Premiums aren't cheap, but coverage can help defray the cost of big-ticket vet bills.
- What Roth Owners Should Do if They Exceed the Income Limit @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
You can avoid the penalty if you have your IRA administrator move your 2014 Roth IRA contributions into a traditional IRA.
- 3 Simple Steps to Estimate Your Home's Value @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Thinking about selling? Here's how to tell if your home's price has gone up or down.
- 10 best jobs you can get without a college degree Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 6:33 PM EDT
Thinkstock A bachelor's degree is often thought to be the key to financial success. After all, while the median salary of high school graduates 25 years and older is $29,766 a year, the typical college ...
- Turning 50? Catch Up on Retirement Savings @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
You can start contributing more cash to your IRA, 401(k) and other retirement accounts once you reach the milestone.
- 25 Stocks to Buy Now @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
It's the downside of up markets. The longer and higher share prices advance, the harder it is to find good companies selling at attractive prices. So with Standard & Poor's 500-stock index having more ...
- The Best Loans to Pay Down First @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Focus on wiping out credit-card and consumer debt first.
- How to Haggle for Practically Anything @ Kiplinger - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
Use these strategies to lower prices you never dreamed were negotiable.
- How to Earn More or Survive on Less @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Advice from around the Web that can help you make more and make the most of what you already have.
- All the Things Thomas Pikkety Got Wrong @ Kiplinger - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 8:08 AM EDT
The author of Capital in the Twenty-First Century has a flawed view of capitalism.