- Secrets of the Millionaire Next Door @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
Join the ranks of the invisible rich by building wealth the right way.
- Best Cruises, Airlines, and Booking Sites for Your Travel Dollar @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Get the most bang for your vacation buck with our picks.
- Dodge Annoying Overdraft Fees @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Use these strategies to avoid dipping below your checking account balance.
- Turn Your House Into a Rental Property @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
If you're moving but don't want to sell your house, here's what you must know to prosper from tenants.
- 7 Best Dividend Stocks of the Dow @ Kiplinger - 20 hours ago
After last year's spectacular stock market rally, many investors have relearned this year that share price gains aren't guaranteed. We researched the 30 blue-chip companies in the Dow Jones industrial average, looking for two investment features: a strong track record of dividend increases, plus a business outlook healthy …
- 6 Dividend Stocks With Above-Average Yields @ Kiplinger - 22 hours ago
These reliable dividend payers span the market.
- How We're Spending Halloween @ Kiplinger - 22 hours ago
Between the candy, costumes and creepy decorations, the costs of Halloween can easily add up. According to a survey by the National Retail Federation, total spending on Halloween will reach $7.4 billion ...
- 6 Savvy Moves to Stretch Your Retirement Savings Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 10:21 AM EDT
You set aside part of your paycheck in either an employer-sponsored retirement plan or a retirement account that you set up on your own, such as an IRA. In a recent Wells Fargo survey of middle-class Americans, who had a median household income of $63,000, 70% of respondents reported having a company retirement plan.
- 8 things you didn't know about saving for retirement Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
- Best Luxury Cars for the Money @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
Take a look at three luxurious 2014 vehicles that you can own for less than $40,000.
- What You Must Know About Medicaid and Long-Term Care @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Medicaid pays for nursing-home care for those with little to no income and assets.
- How to Buy Long-Term-Care Insurance @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 30, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
When to get it, how much you need and ways to cut the cost.
- 10 Great Cities for Starting a Business @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 3:20 PM EDT
Each offers attractive qualities you should look for in a home base: a strong community of existing small businesses; Business-minded Buckeyes do well in Ohio's capital.
- How Millennials Can Get Ahead Financially @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 2:10 PM EDT
Tips from personal finance bloggers about how young adults can pay down debt and take charge of their money.
- New Path to a Tax-Free Roth Conversion @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
After-tax contributions from a company retirement plan can now be split off and moved directly to a Roth IRA.
- What You Need to Know About Going Solar @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
It's becoming cheaper and easier to power your home with energy from the sun.
- The Right Way to Help Your Adult Children @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
To help your millennial move on (and out of your home), set limits, be generous with advice but selective with financial assistance.
- 10 Critical Questions Near-Retirees Are Asking About Their Money @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
Learn from financial planners' insights into the real-life financial challenges confronting Americans on the verge of retirement.
- A Short-Term Bond Fund That Stands Out @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 29, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Thompson Bond has excelled by loading up on medium-rated corporate debt.
- How Much You Can Contribute to Retirement Plans in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Oct 28, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
You'll be able to contribute more to employer plans, but IRA contribution limits will remain the same.
- 12 Smart Ways to Spend Your Social Security COLA @ Kiplinger - Tue, Oct 28, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
Here are great ideas for retirees who want to put their 2015 cost-of-living adjustment to good use.
- Brighter Outlook for Artisan Value Fund @ Kiplinger - Tue, Oct 28, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Apple and other stocks that dragged down returns are now pushing them up.
- 3 Simple Steps to Check Up on Your Mutual Funds @ Kiplinger - Mon, Oct 27, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
It's not just a question of how well your fund did -- it also matters when it posted those returns.
- Protect Yourself From Ebola Scams @ Kiplinger - Mon, Oct 27, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
Take these steps to avoid becoming a victim of charity and investment cons related to the outbreak of this deadly disease.
- 8 Telecom Stocks With Big Dividend Yields @ Kiplinger - Mon, Oct 27, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
In a note published October 1, Morgan Stanley said it was cautious about the telecom sector because of increased competition among wireless and broadband services, among other reasons. More customers could sign on as the company builds out its 4G LTE network and high-speed fiber-optic cables for Internet and TV.
- How Much Social Security Benefits Will Rise in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Oct 27, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
Payouts go up 1.7%, pushing up the average monthly check from $1,306 to $1,328.
- 5 Low-Risk Funds for a Volatile Stock Market @ Kiplinger - Mon, Oct 27, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
Where to find shelter amid a market that has returned to dramatic dives and ascents.
- Worst things to buy at Walmart Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
- How to Avoid Eight Pesky Hotel Fees @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
Use these strategies to keep extra charges off your bill.
- 10 Things You Must Know About Traditional IRAs @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
The traditional IRA is one of the best options in the retirement-savings toolbox. You can open a traditional IRA at a bank or a brokerage, and the universe of investments is wide open to you. To make the most of a traditional IRA, here are ten things you must know. Saving Tax-Deferred Can Boost Your Nest Egg With a traditional …
- 6 Things You Must Know About Preserving Your Photos @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Organize, digitize, preserve and share your family pictures.
- 8 Losing Stocks to Sell Before Year-End @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 1:50 PM EDT
With the stock market shaky of late, this may be a good time to consider "harvesting" investment losses.
- Money Advice for Millennials @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
Here's how parents can help their adult children learn to manage their finances.
- Should You Do All of Your Shopping at Walmart? @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
The mega-retailer offers a huge selection at low prices, but it's possible to find better deals elsewhere.
- Year-End Strategies for Retirees to Trim 2014 Tax Tab @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Act now to reduce the amount you will owe Uncle Sam next tax season.
- Financial Planners for Young Clients @ Kiplinger - Thu, Oct 23, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
Millennials prefer to pay by the month and stay in touch via text message.
- Most affordable big cities in the U.S. Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 3:33 PM EDT
- Cheap Ways to Celebrate Halloween @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 3:30 PM EDT
Tips from personal finance bloggers on how to enjoy tricks and treats without the scary expense.
- Save on Taxes by Donating RMDs From Your Retirement Plan? @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
Congress usually waits until the last minute to approve the law allowing transfers of required minimum distributions from IRAs to charity. So stay nimble.
- What Will Higher Rates Do to the Kip 25 Bond Funds? @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
All of our picks are likely to lose value, but some will suffer more than others.
- It's Time for Open Enrollment for Health Care Exchanges @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 11:07 AM EDT
You have a three-month window to shop around for a better deal on individual health insurance.
- Handle Junk Bonds With Care @ Kiplinger - Wed, Oct 22, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
They still pay more than most debt, but bargains are scarce.
- The U.S. Economy Is the World's Growth Engine Again @ Kiplinger - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 2:20 PM EDT
As more Americans find jobs, they're willing to spend. That's giving the economy enough oomph to overcome slowing among big U.S. trade partners.
- How Overpaid CEOs Hurt Investors @ Kiplinger - Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:09 AM EDT
If more companies spread their wealth beyond the boardroom, they'd improve their bottom lines.
- Promising Bargains in Biotech Stocks @ Kiplinger - Mon, Oct 20, 2014 8:13 AM EDT
What I like about BioDelivery Sciences is not so much that there are many ways to win as that there are almost no ways to lose.
- Tax Breaks for Dependent-Care Expenses @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
For most couples, using money from a flexible spending account offers a bigger tax break than the child-care credit.
- Best Cities for Young Home Buyers @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
Homeownership may seem out of your reach, but in these 10 locations, it may be more attainable than you think.
- 10 Travel Tweeters You Should Follow to Save Money @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
Travelers in search of good deals and budget-minded advice should turn to Twitter for guidance.
- 12 smart year-end tax moves to make now Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 2:43 PM EDT
2014 has been a prosperous year for taxpayers who own stock and mutual funds outside of their retirement accounts. If you're in the 15% tax bracket, you'll pay 0% on long-term capital gains. In 2014, you're eligible for the 0% capital-gains rate if your taxable income is $36,900 or less if you are single, or $73,800 or …
- 5 Underperforming S&P Stocks to Buy Now @ Kiplinger - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
To find out, we sifted through the index's losers over the past 12 months and sorted out those that our favorite stock fund managers have recently acquired, as well as those that are favorably rated by Wall Street analysts. All are contrarian bets and come with above-average risk, and all will require some (or maybe a …