- How 6 Types of Retirement Income Are Taxed @ Kiplinger - 12 hours ago
Consider the tax tab your income sources will generate in retirement.
- How Jeopardy Champion Julia Collins Will Spend Her Windfall @ Kiplinger - 12 hours ago
A recent champ of the TV quiz show plans to play it safe with her winnings.
- Best and Worst Buys of September 2014 @ Kiplinger - 13 hours ago
You'll find discounts on seasonal items, iPhones and more.
- Freebies for Your Dog @ Kiplinger - 14 hours ago
The cost of caring for Fido is so doggone expensive these days: The ASPCA says the minimum annual budget to care for a small dog is $1,314. Dog owners should take advantage of every freebie they can.
- 10 Markets Where Housing Prices Have Risen the Most - 2014 @ Kiplinger - 14 hours ago
Eight years after one of the most severe housing market downturns in history, the slow recovery has finally stanched the bleeding of existing home values. In the past year (ending June 30), home prices ...
- 10 Markets Where Housing Prices Have Fallen the Most - 2014 @ Kiplinger - 15 hours ago
Let's call it cause for optimism. After one of the worst housing collapses in history seven years ago, price declines have pretty much halted across every major metropolitan area in the U.S. Alas, these ...
- Burger King Shareholders Can Dodge a Whopper of a Tax Bill @ Kiplinger - 15 hours ago
The Burger King/Tim Hortons merger is structured to let shareholders have it their way when it comes to taxes.
- Stocks for Cashing in on the Online Travel Boom @ Kiplinger - 17 hours ago
Of the four major players, we like Priceline and Expedia best.
- Success Story: From Journalism to Medicine @ Kiplinger - 20 hours ago
A former TV news reporter trades daily deadlines for a doctor's scrubs.
- 30 ways to waste your money Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 5:27 PM EDT
- The Key to Living Happily Ever After in Retirement @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 5:10 PM EDT
Couples need to discuss their expectations for retirement--and figure out a compromise when those goals do not align.
- Cost-Cutting Tips From Around the Web @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
Advice from personal finance bloggers on easy ways to spend less so you can save more.
- Create a Plan for a Meaningful Retirement @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
A retirement plan is not just about money. It is also about figuring out how you want to spend all your newfound free time.
- 7 Ways You May Be Wasting Money @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
You can easily cut these unnecessary expenses so you can keep more cash.
- 10 most tax-friendly states in the U.S. Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 1:13 PM EDT
- Tax-Free Savings for Precollege Education Expenses @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
With a Coverdell education savings account, you can take tax-free withdrawals for a primary or secondary student if you use them for qualified expenses.
- Mergers Designed to Avoid U.S. Taxes: Is This Ethical? @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
Firms should stay and fight for comprehensive tax simplification that would lower the top C-corp rate.
- 8 Great Dividend Stocks You Never Heard Of @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These companies are considered Dividend Aristocrats, members of Standard & Poor's 500-stock index that have increased their payout every year for at least the past quarter-century. The purchases are helping pump up earnings, which increased at a strong annualized rate of 15% from 2009 through 2013.
- 10 least tax-friendly states in the U.S. Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 11:24 AM EDT
- Settling Debts With an IRA @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
If a beneficiary is designated, the money in an IRA account passes directly to the beneficiary and does not become subject to the deceased's creditors.
- Best Buys During Labor Day Sales, 2014 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
You'll find great deals on appliances, bicycles, outdoor items and more over the long holiday weekend.
- Best of the Prepaid Cards @ Kiplinger - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
They can be useful for reining in spending, but make sure to choose wisely.
- The 7 Best ETFs for Dividends @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
These exchange-traded funds have delivered solid returns by owning stocks that share the wealth
- 10 Fall Travel Destinations That Are on Sale @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
You'll save on airfare and accommodations if you visit these locales during shoulder season.
- Tax-Smart Ways to Cut Your Health Costs @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 1:50 PM EDT
Stretch your health care dollars with tax credits, expanded savings programs, and new tools and benefits. If your health insurance policy has a deductible of at least $1,250 for individual coverage or $2,500 for families in 2014, you may be eligible to open a health savings account. An HSA lets you set aside tax-deductible …
- Retirees Fare Poorly in Pension Advance Deals @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
Exchanging future pension payments for a lump sum is a costly transaction.
- 10 Ways to Save Money at Target @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
Put these strategies to use when you're shopping at this popular big-box retailer.
- 8 Things New Grads Don't Yet Know About Saving Money @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Ignoring these personal finance tips can have costly consequences.
- What to Expect From Your Health Insurance in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
An annual survey estimates the increase in costs and cost-sharing next year.
- How to Cut Your Textbook Costs in Half -- or More @ Kiplinger - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 3:20 PM EDT
Don't fall into the trap of buying all your course materials new at the campus store.
- Ways to Get Your Health Plan to Cover More @ Kiplinger - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
We don't have to tell you that the cost of health insurance has been steadily rising. Compare that with the average bare-bones bronze-level policy sold on the state health insurance exchanges for 2014, which had a deductible of $4,343 for individual coverage. In addition to boosting deductibles, they are increasing cost-sharing …
- Three Great College Towns for Retirement @ Kiplinger - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 11:50 AM EDT
Cities with universities offer quality health care and lifelong learning for retirees. Watch the video.
- Ways to Spend Less on Prescription Drugs @ Kiplinger - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 11:50 AM EDT
As health insurers shift more of the cost burden to consumers, the average U.S. Prescription drugs are a recurring expense that can really add up throughout the year. Insurers are increasing your share of the tab for certain brand-name drugs, and you'll pay even more if you don't follow strict rules such as using specific …
- Why You Shouldn't Put All Your Money in Index Funds @ Kiplinger - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
Stock index funds are performing superbly as the bull charges ahead. But don't look for them to protect you when the market stumbles.
- Retire in Style at a Continuing Care Retirement Community @ Kiplinger - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
Continuing care retirement communities offer a resort-like setting and care when you need it.
- Worst Things to Buy on Amazon @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
If you shop online, there's a good chance you've bought something on Amazon. In fact, when Savings.com compared prices on 1,500 popular products it found that other online retailers beat Amazon more than half the time. Here are nine items you can consistently find for less at retailers other than Amazon. Usually Amazon …
- Money-Saving Travel Tips From Around the Web @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
Advice from personal finance bloggers about how to find the best deals on hotels, flights and more.
- Employees, Beware Non-Compete Clauses @ Kiplinger - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
You may be signing away your flexibility to work in the same field.
- How Car Theft Affects Your Insurance Rates @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
See whether your car is on the latest list of most-stolen vehicles and how that might affect your premiums.
- When Will the Economy Feel Better? @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
We're almost there. As the expansion continues to improve, more of its rewards will be seen and felt.
- Best Values in Luxury Cars @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
The words affordable and luxury rarely go hand in hand, but you may not have to pay a lot more for a luxury car than for a mainstream model. The average transaction price for a new car is about $33,000, ...
- Retailers Tracking Your Cell Phone Signals @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Stores try to follow your digital trail, but you can hide your movements.
- Small Home-Improvement Projects with Big Impact @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
A new front door can improve your home's curb appeal, energy efficiency and security. You'll also need a new lockset (door handle, knob and lock);
- Strategies to Pay for Retiree Health Care Costs @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 11:10 AM EDT
Plan ahead by including medical expenses as a line item in your retirement budget.
- I'll Beat the Market Yet @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
The aim of my venture into individual stocks is to prevail when the market plunges or languishes for years.
- Juice Up Your Cash Returns @ Kiplinger - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 8:12 AM EDT
Think of cash as a financial asset that should be spread among six to eight investments.
- Understand Your Credit Utilization Ratio @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
It's important to keep this ratio low, especially if you plan to apply for a loan soon.
- 5 Stocks to Profit from Water's Scarcity @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
We all need water, and yet clean, reliable sources are drying up. These firms are poised to take advantage of that trend.
- 10 Worst ETFs @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
The number of ETFs and similar products today has swollen to more than 1,600, with combined assets of $1.8 trillion. The first ETFs clearly filled a need. With that in mind, we've come up with a list of 10 categories of exchange-traded products that you rarely want to put in your portfolio. Leveraged ETFs
- Save Money on Your Money While Traveling Abroad @ Kiplinger - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Trim the costs you pay when using plastic overseas and getting foreign currency.