- Small Business Revving Up in 2015 @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Many firms with fewer than 50 workers have plans to expand, venture into new markets and add to payrolls.
- Most Overlooked Tax Breaks for the Newly Widowed @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
For the first two years after your spouse's death, you can file as a "qualifying widow or widower if you have a child living with you who qualifies as your dependent." This filing status also lets you use joint-return rates, but you don't get an exemption for your late spouse. It doesn't matter whether your spouse paid …
- Savings Bonds: EE-I, EE-I, Oh! @ Kiplinger - 3 hours ago
Savings bonds offer competitive yields, unquestioned safety and some unique tax features, too.
- How to Buy Savings Bonds @ Kiplinger - 3 hours ago
Buying savings bonds is easy, whether you get them online, at work or at your bank.
- 5 Surprisingly Cheap Tech Stocks: AAPL, GOOGL, PCLN, CIEN, MU @ Kiplinger - 6 hours ago
Business prospects for these five companies look good, and their shares are attractively priced.
- How Money Is Used as a Weapon in Relationships @ Kiplinger - 7 hours ago
Financial literacy is a key to fighting economic abuse.
- Why Is the Stock Market Acting So Crazy? @ Kiplinger - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 10:10 AM EST
From oil prices to the Swiss franc, we explain why volatility is on the rise and what you should do now.
- Do You Have to Pay Taxes on Social Security Benefits? @ Kiplinger - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 8:00 AM EST
The answer depends on how much income you report to the IRS.
- Reshop Your Car Insurance in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 8:00 AM EST
If you've changed insurers or even complained about your rate, companies may charge you less than a nonshopper.
- 5 Easy Ways to Save Money Fast @ Kiplinger - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Quickly cut your expenses and boost your cash flow with these low-effort, high-return strategies.
- Pick the Best Obamacare Policy by February 15 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:50 PM EST
You still have time to get a better deal on your individual health insurance.
- Teach Your Kids to Say Thank You @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:30 PM EST
Written notes are a nice way for your children to express their gratitude.
- Shouldn't Music Streaming Sites Pay Higher Royalties? @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Recording artists both famous and obscure complain about the royalty of less than a penny that they receive for each play of their songs.
- A Kip 25 Stalwart Closes to New Investors @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 6:30 PM EST
Dodge & Cox International Stock moves to block a flood of new assets. We'll name a replacement soon.
- Hedge Risks With Overseas Bond Funds @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 2:20 PM EST
International bonds can offer diversification benefits and attractive yields.
- The most overlooked tax deductions Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 12:07 PM EST
Cut your tax bill to the bone by claiming all the breaks you deserve.
- What You Must Know About Contributing to a Health Savings Account in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 11:20 AM EST
Learn the best ways to fund and withdraw from an HSA throughout the year.
- Best Values in 2015 Cars: New and Redesigned Models @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 9:10 AM EST
To win Kiplinger's Best Value Award among new and redesigned models , a vehicle must be newly introduced or fully redesigned--not just updated. We pick a Best New (as well as a Best in Class ) model in ...
- Best Values in 2015 Cars: Best in Class @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 9:10 AM EST
For our Best Value Awards , Kiplinger's chooses a Best in Class (as well as a Best New ) vehicle in 15 categories. There's something here for every buyer and every budget. Car buyers have plenty to celebrate ...
- Deals on New Wheels: Best Car Values, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 9:10 AM EST
Kiplinger's Best Value Awards can help you find the right car at a great price.
- Credit Cards With Extended Warranty Programs @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 22, 2015 8:00 AM EST
These cards provide coverage for purchases if they need to be repaired or replaced.
- The Perils of Giving Kids Credit Cards @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 12:20 PM EST
Not all plastic is bad for kids, but using cash is the best way to get young minds thinking wisely about money.
- 7 Habits of People With Excellent Credit Scores @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 12:20 PM EST
Without even knowing it you might be doing things that are damaging your credit score, which affects your ability to get credit and the interest rate you pay when you do get credit. A 2014 survey by Credit.com found that consumers sometimes don't understand which actions will and will not help them improve their credit …
- Are U.S. Stocks Overvalued? @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 9:10 AM EST
Yes, most stocks look overvalued today. Throw in concerns about global economic growth, and the market seems vulnerable.
- 19 Great Freebies for Your Birthday @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 9:10 AM EST
Celebrate your special day by taking advantage of these free giveaways - no strings attached.
- States to Tackle Tax Reform in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Voter backlash over a rash of tax hikes prompts lawmakers to act.
- Most Overlooked Tax Breaks for New College Grads @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 2:30 PM EST
When you start a job, you'll be ushered into the human-resources office and asked to fill out a Form W-4, which your boss will use to decide how much state and federal income tax to withhold from your pay. When it comes to health insurance, consider whether it makes sense to buy a high-deductible policy teamed with a health …
- A Promising Stock for 2015: Herman Miller @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 8:00 AM EST
The furniture maker is taking advantage of a growing economy.
- Don't Part With Preferred Stocks @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Following big price run-ups, most income categories are no longer cheap. But neither are they overvalued.
- How to Save on Prescriptions @ Kiplinger - Mon, Jan 19, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Opt for generics, take advantage of pharmacy loyalty-program discounts and look for coupons.
- How Obamacare Affects Your 2014 Tax Return @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 6:10 PM EST
The health care law requires you to take some extra steps when you file your taxes for 2014.
- Cheapest Times to Visit Vacation Hotspots in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 3:40 PM EST
These are the months when you will find the best travel deals on flights and hotel rooms for popular destinations.
- Most Overlooked Tax Breaks for the Self-Employed @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 12:20 PM EST
Because federal tax law reaches deep into all aspects of our lives, it's no surprise that the rules that affect us change as our lives change. This can present opportunities to save or create costly pitfalls ...
- Why Many TurboTax Users Will Have to Pay More to Prepare Their 2014 Tax Returns @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 11:10 AM EST
Investors, the self-employed and others will need to upgrade--or find alternatives.
- Financial Tips From Rock Icon Gene Simmons @ Kiplinger - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 8:00 AM EST
The Kiss frontman riffs on investing, saving and building a brand.
- Biggest Tax Surprises for Retirees @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 2:00 PM EST
The taxman keeps working even after you stop. Be prepared.
- Most Overlooked Tax Breaks for New Parents @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 12:40 PM EST
Being alert to the rolling changes that come at various life stages is the key to holding down your tax bill to the legal minimum. The key to tax breaks for your child is a Social Security number. You'll need one to claim him or her as a dependent on your tax return. You can request a Social Security number for your …
- 5 High-Yielding Stocks to Avoid @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 10:20 AM EST
Don't be tempted by the fat payouts--they may be in jeopardy. Ditto for the share prices.
- What to Buy During MLK Weekend Sales @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 10:20 AM EST
You'll find apparel, bedding, furniture, fitness gear and more marked down around Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2015.
- How to Prepare for the Next Bear Market @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 10:20 AM EST
Stock corrections are inevitable, but there are ways to minimize the impact.
- Pay Cash for Your Health Care @ Kiplinger - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Sometimes you can get better service if you don't use your health insurance -- and you can save money, too.
- How Much You Can Contribute to Retirement Plans in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 3:20 PM EST
You'll be able to contribute more to employer plans, but IRA contribution limits will remain the same.
- How Obamacare Complicates the Filing of Your 2014 Tax Return @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 3:20 PM EST
The requirement that individuals obtain health coverage or pay a penalty will be enforced for the first time.
- Tax savings for older families Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 12:58 PM EST
- The ABCs of Picking a Medigap Policy @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 11:40 AM EST
For those enrolling in traditional Medicare, buying a supplemental insurance policy covers the substantial gaps left by deductibles and co-payments.
- Check Up on Your Homeowners Insurance @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 11:40 AM EST
Make sure you have enough insurance to rebuild your home and cover common gaps in coverage.
- Six Habits of People With Excellent Credit Scores @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 14, 2015 10:20 AM EST
Improve your creditworthiness by adopting the strategies used by those with high credit scores.
- How to Get Your IRA Up and Running @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 6:00 PM EST
IRAs give you the flexibility to choose who will manage your account and what will go into it.
- Tapping Your IRA in Retirement @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 6:00 PM EST
Here's what you'll need to consider when retirement day comes.
- Cashing Out Early @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 13, 2015 4:50 PM EST
Usually you'll pay tax penalties for draining your IRA early, but there are exceptions.