- Biggest Mistakes Investors Make @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
In the stock market, as in life, nothing is certain. At Kiplinger, we believe everyone, whether you're just beginning a career or already enjoying retirement, can earn solid returns in the stock market. True investing relies on contributing regular amounts at regular intervals, in both rising and falling markets, to a …
- How Drones Will Transform These Six Industries @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
A variety of industries are planning to use lightweight, unmanned aircraft. Just as in military applications, surveillance will be commercial drones' first role. The use of drones in civilian airspace will come with several restrictions, stemming from the Federal Aviation Administration's concerns about privacy and interference …
- Beware Pitfalls of Health Care Subsidy @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
A spike in income could lead to a big tax bill for subsidy recipients.
- What Long-Term Care Costs Now @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 9:10 AM EDT
The national median rate for a private room in a nursing home rose more than 4% last year, to $240 per day.
- Collect Next Year's Tax Refund NOW! @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 8:05 AM EDT
Three out of four workers have the power to increase their take-home pay with the stroke of a pen.
- 12 Ways to Save Money by Going Green @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 2:20 PM EDT
Take these steps on Earth Day and every other day to benefit the environment and your pocketbook.
- Why It May Be Too Early to Write Off Apple @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 6:10 PM EDT
The stock is cheap, and the company's growth prospects could be better than investors think.
- The GOP's Uphill Fight for the White House @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Bitter primary battles ahead plus tough Electoral College math pose big challenges.
- 6 Things You Should Know About Collectibles @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 3:30 PM EDT
The stuff in your attic or basement could land you a jackpot.
- When a Spouse Inherits an IRA @ Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:10 PM EDT
A spousal IRA heir gets a lot of flexibility in deciding what to do with the account.
- How Parents Are Teaching Kids About Money @ Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
Surveys show that most parents are helping their children learn to be financially responsible, but there is room for improvement.
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Summer Flights to Europe @ Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Follow these strategies to avoid paying top dollar to fly across the Atlantic.
- What to Do With a Damaged Smart Phone @ Kiplinger - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:50 PM EDT
You can make some fixes on your own, or sell it for cash.
- Dividends from Berkshire? Not on Buffett's Watch @ Kiplinger - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
Warren Buffett thinks he can do a better job managing his company's cash than shareholders can.
- Don't Bet Against Warren Buffett @ Kiplinger - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
Not only is the Oracle of Omaha as sharp is ever, his company, Berkshire Hathaway, is trading at a discount
- 10 financial commandments for your 30s Kiplinger - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:47 AM EDT
- Saving for Retirement Advice From Around the Web @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 9:30 PM EDT
A look at tips from personal finance bloggers about how to build your nest egg.
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 12:10 PM EDT
With Janet Yellen's greater emphasis on slack in the labor market, part-time grocery worker Vicki Lira is the new face of Fed policy.
- Insider Tips: Get the Best and Cheapest Seats on Your Next Flight @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 11:40 PM EDT
Before purchasing your tickets, make sure you're getting the most bang for your buck.
- Insider Tips: Smart Money Moves to Save Big Bucks @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 7:30 PM EDT
Get your financial house in order with help from these expert tips.
- Sweet Deals on Used Cars @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 6:20 PM EDT
Prices are finally easing. Our strategies will help you find the right ride for less.
- Best Values in Used Cars, 2014 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 6:20 PM EDT
10 Best Values in Used Cars, 2014 Good news for used-car buyers: Desirable trade-ins and vehicles at the end of their lease--especially luxury models--are streaming onto the used-car market, and that means ...
- Why Flash Sales Aren't Always Good Deals @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:10 PM EDT
Members-only sites offer discounts on select items for a limited time, but you may find better prices from other retailers with lower shipping fees and more generous return policies.
- Insider Tips: How Investors Can Prosper in 2014 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Expert advice for investors to protect and grow their portfolios.
- Insider Tips: How to Budget and Save Better in 2014 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Expert advice for young adults on how to manage their finances.
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 20s @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Tend to these tasks now to achieve your financial independence later.
- Preventive Care Without Cost-Sharing @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you have a policy issued before Obamacare was signed into law, it might be exempt from the new preventive-care rules.
- 6 Stocks to Sell Now @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you own any of these names, this would be a good time to lighten up your positions.
- How to Save Money on Prom @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Keep the costs of formal wear, flowers, photos and more under control with these tips.
- Tax Day Freebies and Deals 2014 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Look for giveaways and special offers on or around April 15 from several restaurant and retail chains nationwide.
- Surprisingly simple ideas that made millions Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:44 PM EDT
A winning business idea doesn't have to be complicated or technical to be successful.
- Take a Low-Cost Road Trip to a National Park @ Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Save money by taking advantage of free admission to the nation's parks April 19 and 20.
- 8 Great International Vacations You Can Afford @ Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Each offers similar tourist attractions as its better-known overseas counterpart, only on a much smaller budget. Its 3-Star Traveler indexes calculate how much a visitor will likely spend per day on a midrange hotel room in a tourist area (based on double-occupancy), two taxi rides (assuming the fare is split between two …
- Disability Benefits on a Fast Track @ Kiplinger - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
An applicant with a medical condition that's included in Social Security's 'compassionate allowances' program can get a benefits decision within days.
- Why Rising Interest Rates Won't Kill the Bull Market @ Kiplinger - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
History shows that as long as consumer confidence is improving, higher bond yields won't derail stocks.
- Freebies for Your Lawn and Garden @ Kiplinger - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
You might not have to spend a cent to make your yard look great.
- 6 Ways to Profit From Your Passions @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Generate extra income by turning an interest or hobby into a moneymaker.
- Boost Your After-Tax Investment Returns @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
You can extend the life of your nest egg by carefully managing the tax bite on your portfolio.
- Affordable Travel Advice From Around the Web @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
A look at tips from personal finance bloggers about how to take a vacation without breaking your budget.
- Tax Tips for Last-Minute Filers @ Kiplinger - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
How to file for an extension (and whether you even need to), getting in a few more deductions and other key advice as April 15 approaches.
- How We Pick the Kip 25 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
For this year's roster of our favorite no-load mutual funds, the toughest calls involved some of the best performers.
- 6 Things You Must Know About Tech Cleanup @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
While you're spring cleaning, don't forget to spruce up current devices and discard outmoded electronics.
- 10 Surprising Things Insurance Covers @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
File a homeowners insurance claim. Here are ten things that you might not realize are covered by standard insurance policies. Fortunately, standard homeowners policies usually cover damage from volcanic eruptions. If you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle, then it should also be covered for damage from a volcano, …
- Government Reparations for Oppressive Acts @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
It is ethically dubious for descendants of oppressed peoples to seek reparations for wrongs done to their forebears, to be paid by contemporaries not responsible for long-ago sins.
- Two Surprising Telecom Stocks With Great Growth Potential @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
These opposites are both attractive.
- Don't Fret Over China's Slowdown @ Kiplinger - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
In the long term, its gradual deceleration may hold more upside potential than risk to the U.S. economy.
- Secrets of Start-Up Success @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Research and preparation are key.
- Best Cars for Families @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Our top picks get high scores in our annual rankings plus a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Energy Stocks That Pay 4% and Up @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
If you crave income, you'll love master limited partnerships. We tell you how to spot the winners.
- A Muni Fund That Pays More @ Kiplinger - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
USAA Tax Exempt Intermediate-Term takes on a little more risk to pick up extra yield.