- Best Doorbuster Deals for Thanksgiving Day at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Other Big-Box Stores @ Kiplinger - 16 hours ago
You'll find deep discounts on TVs, tablets, laptops, smart phones and more the day before Black Friday.
- Five Myths About Black Friday @ Kiplinger - 16 hours ago
Here's what you really need to know about this big shopping day the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Best Doorbuster Deals for Black Friday at Toys "R" Us, Macy's, Walmart, Sam's Club, and More @ Kiplinger - 16 hours ago
These items will be deeply discounted the day after Thanksgiving.
- Public Pensions Sock Social Security Benefits @ Kiplinger - 18 hours ago
Qualify for Social Security and a public pension? Take note of these two provisions that slash Social Security benefits by hundreds of dollars a month.
- Rake in 6% With Preferred Stocks @ Kiplinger - 22 hours ago
The high yield of preferred stocks should be a garnish to your portfolio, not the main course, as you'll be taking on more risk.
- Great Gadget Gifts, 2014 @ Kiplinger - 22 hours ago
We know it's not always easy to come up with a great gift for everyone on your naughty or nice list. But, we're here to help. As part of our annual Best List, in which we rank the best of everything from ...
- 9 surprising things that are taxable Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 3:22 PM EST
- 15 Surprising Tax Deductions @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Okay, admit it: As you've struggled with your tax return, trying to come up with some extra deductions to pump up your refund or reduce what you owe, you've taken a few flights of fancy. "Can I claim ...
- 15 Nice-Try Tax Deductions @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Over the years, taxpayers have concocted a lot of zany arguments to justify tax deductions. We've come up with what we think are the 15 most creative ones that the courts decided did not quite work. As ...
- Protect Your Home From Pricey Winter Problems @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 11:50 AM EST
Use this checklist to prevent costly damage from cold and ice.
- 20 Ways to Earn Extra Cash for the 2014 Holidays @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 10:40 AM EST
Coming up with extra cash to cover Christmas presents or take the family to Grandma's house isn't as hard as it seems. Consider a seasonal job for the holiday season. 2014 is shaping up as a great year ...
- 7 Stocks Under $10 Worth Buying @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 10:40 AM EST
When a stock costs less than dinner at a fast-food joint, there's almost always a reason. The company may be losing money, experimenting with unproven technology or have its future riding on the outcome ...
- Best Apps for Holiday Shoppers @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 10:40 AM EST
These nine free mobile apps will help you save time and money when shopping for gifts.
- 13 Stocks That Benefit From Lower Oil Prices @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 10:40 AM EST
The bargains aren't just at the gas pump. These stocks will prosper as energy prices fall.
- Hedge Against Higher Interest Rates With Bank Stocks @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 8:16 AM EST
The firms in Financial Select Sector SPDR benefit from an improving economy.
- Venezuela's Woes Ground Shares of Copa Holdings @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 24, 2014 8:16 AM EST
After this year's plunge, shares of the Panamanian airline appear cheap, trading for just 10 times estimated 2015 earnings.
- 7 Things to Pack to Save on Your Next Trip @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Keep these items in your carry-on to help trim the cost of travel
- How to Save on Your Thanksgiving Feast @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Use these strategies to cut the cost of a big bird for your big holiday meal.
- Take a Tax Break for Decluttering @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 8:10 AM EST
Mind these tax rules when cleaning out your home and donating to charity.
- How to Make the Most of Your Charitable Giving @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 21, 2014 8:10 AM EST
Consider where--and when--your charitable contributions will have the most impact.
- Gifts That Keep on Giving @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 3:10 PM EST
This holiday season, give the gift of greater spending power with something more fun and thoughtful than a stocking full of cash. Consider our annual list of personal gifts that will save the recipients ...
- Small-Business Success Story: Profiting on the Family Dairy Farm @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 20, 2014 8:10 AM EST
A former real estate portfolio manager joins her sisters to make artisanal cheeses.
- 14 things not to buy during the holidays @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:51 PM EST
The deals on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, not to mention discounts throughout November and December, are tempting. But some potentially pricey items that may be on a family member's holiday ...
- Service providers you should tip for the holidays Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:16 PM EST
- Find the Right Nursing Home @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 2:00 PM EST
These five steps will help you pinpoint the facility that will best serve your loved one's needs.
- How to Avoid the Medicare Surcharge @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 11:40 AM EST
If your income is too high, you could pay a lot more for your monthly Part B premiums. But you may be able to get the surcharge reduced.
- 9 Things You Must Know About ETFs @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 8:11 AM EST
There's no question that exchange-traded funds are becoming a big part of the investor's toolkit. Assets in ETFs and similar exchange-traded products are now approaching $2 trillion, nearly 10 times what ...
- Great Cars for Every Driver @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 8:11 AM EST
As part of Kiplinger's annual best list , which rounds up the year's best financial products and services, we selected the top vehicle for eight types of drivers. There's something here for everyone -- ...
- Best Stocks, Funds and Investment Advice @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 19, 2014 8:11 AM EST
As part of Kiplinger's annual best list , which rounds up the year's best financial products and services, we selected not just stocks and funds, but information sources that shape our thinking--and that ...
- Housing Market Will Improve in 2015 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 11:00 PM EST
The lagging sector is new single family homes, where a shortage of skilled labor and buildable lots is holding back construction.
- Ways Retailers Get Us to Spend More @ Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 10:20 AM EST
When it comes to shopping, your subconscious mind makes the decision to buy several seconds before your conscious mind is aware of it. Tools of the trade include eye-tracking technology, electroencephalograms to measure electrical activity in the brain, and functional magnetic resonance imaging, tracking blood flow in …
- Smart Year-End Moves to Trim Your 2014 Tax Bill @ Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 8:11 AM EST
If you act before New Year's Day, you can limit what you owe the IRS.
- The Four Best Investment Newsletters for Funds @ Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 8:11 AM EST
All of my favorites have delivered superior risk-adjusted returns over the long haul.
- 6 Stocks to Cash In on the Capital Spending Boom @ Kiplinger - Tue, Nov 18, 2014 8:11 AM EST
These companies will prosper as corporate America starts to upgrade and replace plants and equipment.
- Best and Worst Buys at Warehouse Clubs for the Holidays @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Here are seven things you need for the holidays that are deals at warehouse clubs, and seven things to buy elsewhere.
- 8 Things Not to Keep In Your Wallet This Holiday Season @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 2:00 PM EST
You're doing your holiday shopping in the midst of those distracting sales and crowds. These are the moments when identity thieves will strike. With just your name and Social Security number, identity thieves can open new credit accounts and make costly purchases in your name. If they can get their hands on (and doctor) …
- 6 Ways to Make the Most of Obamacare Open Enrollment for 2015 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 2:00 PM EST
If you buy your health coverage on the exchanges, take these steps to make sure you get the best possible policy in 2015.
- Cars that Refuse to Die @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Betcha it's a Honda Accord. Combine reliability and best-selling status--a true virtuous cycle--and you get ubiquity. Exactly what it is about Honda that provides such durability is the subject of much debate (and much corporate envy/espionage involving Honda's design and manufacturing processes). Look up Honda Accord …
- Urban Myths of Personal Finance @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 11:40 AM EST
Here at Kiplinger, our mission is to debunk such hokum, so you can prosper by following tried-and-true principles of effective wealth creation and asset management. One in four Americans ages 30 to 49 are saving NOTHING for retirement, and more than half -- 59%! -- say they plan to save more aggressively "later" to make …
- 4 Ways the Strong U.S. Dollar Helps Investors @ Kiplinger - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 8:16 AM EST
It's crazy to buy European bonds when the euro is losing value and you can get at least a percentage point more yield from Uncle Sam.
- Best Travel Apps for the Holidays @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 4:10 PM EST
We found 13 apps that can help take the hassle out of getting around this holiday season.
- The most overlooked tax deductions Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 10:40 AM EST
- Is Cash an Appropriate Wedding Gift? @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 8:11 AM EST
If you're put off by a couple requesting money instead of traditional gifts, consider an alternative with which you'd be more comfortable.
- 6 Things You Must Know About Holiday Tipping @ Kiplinger - Fri, Nov 14, 2014 8:11 AM EST
Express your gratitude to the people who help you all year.
- 11 Ways to Waste Money During the Holidays @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 3:20 PM EST
In fact, consumers are expected to spend about $804 on average, this year on gifts, decorations, greeting cards, food, candy and more, according to the National Retail Federation. Because most people tend to buy things for themselves while doing their holiday shopping, you should factor a gift for yourself into your budget, …
- 2015 Outlook for Investors @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 2:00 PM EST
The longer and higher share prices advance, the harder it is to find good companies selling at attractive prices. But they're out there.
- What to Buy at Dollar Stores for the Holidays @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 12:40 PM EST
Save money by purchasing these 10 things for just a buck.
- Boost Returns With Bond Index Funds @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Index funds' low fees take a smaller bite out of meager yields.
- Best Accounts at Banks and Credit Unions @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 8:11 AM EST
Whether you're looking for free checking or high yields on your balances, we've pinpointed the top options.
- Reverse Mortgages for New Home Buyers @ Kiplinger - Thu, Nov 13, 2014 8:11 AM EST
Buy a new home in retirement without a mortgage payment.