- 25 Best College Values in the Mid-Atlantic, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
1. Princeton University 2. Swarthmore College 3. Haverford College 4. Vassar College 5. Colgate University 6. Hamilton College 7. University of Pennsylvania 8. Cornell University 9. Barnard College 10. ...
- 25 Best College Values in the Midwest, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
1. Macalester College 2. Hillsdale College 3. Grinnell College 4. Carleton College 5. Kenyon College 6. University of Chicago 7. Wheaton College 8. University of Notre Dame 9. Washington University in ...
- Top Affordable Vacation Destinations for 2015 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Travelers will find good deals to these domestic and international hot spots.
- 5 Great Tech Funds Without Loads @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Add spice to your portfolio with these top-performing no-load mutual funds that focus on technology stocks.
- Starting a Roth IRA for a Grandchild @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:40 AM EST
If your grandchild earned income from a job in 2014, he/she may contribute to a Roth IRA.
- 17 Stocks for Playing the Consumer Revival @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Americans are feeling more confident and are unlocking their wallets. That's bullish for these companies.
- Why I'm Sticking With Acacia Research's Stock @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 8:12 AM EST
I was drawn to Acacia Research because my family is loaded with lawyers and engineers.
- Cuba Today and After Castro @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 5:40 PM EST
Editor's note: In light of this week's news that the U.S. and Cuba intend to normalize relations, we are refeaturing this 2007 slide show to give you a glimpse into everyday Cuban life. Not much has changed ...
- Eased Relations With Cuba Will Help U.S. Businesses, Cigar Lovers @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 5:40 PM EST
Some companies will benefit quickly from Obama's actions, but ending the Kennedy-era embargo will take at least a decade.
- Last-Minute Deals for Holiday Shoppers @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Take advantage of deep discounts on certain items and special online-only offers to save money.
- 8 Energy Stocks to Add to Your Shopping List @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 9:30 AM EST
These companies are survivors. Once the price of crude oil stops sliding, their shares will take off.
- 6 Ways to Fix Social Security @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 8:13 AM EST
Any eventual deal will be a blend of higher taxes and benefit cuts.
- Why Social Security Isn't Going Away @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 8:13 AM EST
Voters will demand that Congress shore up the system.
- Master the Financial Aid Process @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 12:00 AM EST
Don't spend a dime for financial aid advice. Simply learn the system and the sources, and apply early.
- 24 Best College Values Under $30,000/Year, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 3:20 PM EST
1. SUNY Geneseo 2. Brigham Young University 3. Berea College 4. Truman State University 5. New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology 6. University of Minnesota, Morris 7. Hunter College (CUNY) 8. University ...
- When You Should Sign Up for Medicare @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 10:30 AM EST
You can enroll three months before your 65th birthday. But if you're still working, you may want to wait.
- 10 Best College Values, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
For the first time, Kiplinger's presents a combined ranking of best values in private and public colleges. As always, our rankings reward schools that meet our definition of value - a high-quality education ...
- 25 Best College Values in the Southeast/Mid-South, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
1. Washington and Lee University 2. Duke University 3. Vanderbilt University 4. University of Richmond 5. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 6. Davidson College 7. Emory University 8. University ...
- 10 Best Values in Private Universities, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Here is the crème de la crème of privately funded universities based on Kiplinger's rankings for best value. Unlike private liberal arts colleges, private universities offer a full range of advanced degrees, ...
- 25 Best Values in Large Colleges, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
1. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2. University of Virginia 3. Brigham Young University 4. University of Wisconsin-Madison 5. University of California, Berkeley 6. University of Minnesota, ...
- 10 Best Values in Liberal Arts Colleges, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Liberal arts colleges are typically smaller than universities, with smaller class sizes and a greater emphasis on individual instruction. They mainly confer bachelor's degrees; universities offer master's ...
- 10 Best Values in Public Colleges, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
For 2014-15, the average sticker price at an in-state, four-year public school rose 3% to $18,943 (including tuition, fees, and room and board), according to the College Board. Considering that the total ...
- Past Years' Rankings of Top Public College Values @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Since 1998, Kiplinger's Personal Finance has ranked the top values in public colleges . Our exclusive rankings are based on a set of criteria that includes both academic quality and affordability. Many ...
- How We Rank the Best College Values @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Our formula: 55% quality measures, 45% financial measures.
- FAQs on Our Best College Value Rankings @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Here are answers to your questions about how we pick the schools on our list.
- 25 Best Values in Small Colleges, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
1. Swarthmore College 2. Washington and Lee University 3. Wellesley College 4. Rice University 5. Haverford College 6. Pomona College 7. Amherst College 8. Vassar College 9. Bowdoin College 10. Williams ...
- 25 Best College Values in New England, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
1. Yale University 2. Wellesley College 3. Harvard University 4. Amherst College 5. Bowdoin College 6. Williams College 7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology 8. Middlebury College 9. Dartmouth College ...
- 25 Best College Values in the West/Southwest, 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
1. Rice University 2. Pomona College 3. California Institute of Technology 4. Stanford University 5. The Colorado College 6. Claremont McKenna College 7. Whitman College 8. Thomas Aquinas College 9. Brigham ...
- 5 Great Bond Funds for 2015 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:20 AM EST
The bond bubble has to burst someday. These five funds are your best bets for that eventuality.
- Allianz Analyst Kristina Hooper Sees U.S. Stocks in the Lead @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 8:12 AM EST
But she cautions that not having some global exposure could mean missed opportunities, particularly in Europe.
- Take a Do-Over on Your Social Security Claiming Decisions @ Kiplinger - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Those who regret taking benefits early have a couple options to boost their payouts.
- Seven Reasons Your Gift Will Be Returned @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Don't waste money this holiday season on items that people will want to take back or toss.
- 6 Reasons to Work Past Retirement Age @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Once, retirement meant collecting your last paycheck at 65, saying so long to your co-workers and closing the door for good on your working life. No more. Over the last 20 years, the number of people who ...
- How to Buy Discount Gift Cards @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 11:40 AM EST
You can save money by purchasing gift cards for less than face value online.
- Bargains in International Stocks and Funds for 2015 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Selloffs in Europe spell opportunity for ambitious investors.
- Tax Breaks on Home Sales @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Couples filing jointly who have lived in the house for at least two of the past five years can exclude up to $500,000 in profit from taxable income.
- Silver Lining for the Social Security Earnings Test @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Benefits lost in the short term are not gone forever.
- Affordable Places to Escape During the Holidays @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 15, 2014 1:00 PM EST
If you'd rather get away than go home for Christmas, you'll find great last-minute deals in these six cities.
- Last-Minute Strategies for RMDs From Your Retirement Accounts @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 15, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Missing the December 31 deadline for taking required minimum distributions is a costly mistake.
- How Your Social Security Benefits Are Taxed @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 15, 2014 8:18 AM EST
Uncle Sam may take a bite on up to 85% of your benefits.
- Stock Market Outlook for 2015 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 15, 2014 8:18 AM EST
A conflicted bull market may be experiencing a late-life crisis, but it's not headed for a total breakdown yet.
- Smart ways to lower your taxable income Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Reducing your taxable income is one of the most effective ways to lower your taxes.
- Is It Time to Jump Into Alibaba's Stock? @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Although shares of the Chinese e-commerce leader look expensive, the company's rapid growth may justify the price.
- Deadlines for Retirement-Plan Contributions in 2014 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 8:12 AM EST
You still have time to contribute to a 401(k), IRA or SEP.
- 14 Retailers With Generous Return Policies @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 8:12 AM EST
These merchants give customers a year or more to bring back most unwanted items for a refund.
- Best Social Security Strategies If You're Divorced @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Meet certain criteria and you may qualify to claim a benefit off an ex-spouse's earnings record.
- Best Ways to Fix a Cracked Screen on Your Mobile Device @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 12, 2014 8:12 AM EST
Cracked screen? We found the most reliable ways to get your phone fixed.
- 2020 Target-Date Funds Hang Tough @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 4:20 PM EST
These retirement funds lost less than the market during the recent downturn.
- 4 Reasons It's a Bad Idea to Borrow From Your 401(k) @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The hit to your nest egg may be greater--and last longer--than you think.
- Seven Retailers With Stingy Return Policies @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 11, 2014 9:20 AM EST
These merchants make it tough to exchange items or get your money back on a purchase.