- Why You Should Plan To Sell Your Business Now @ Kiplinger - 46 minutes ago
No matter when you actually expect to let go of your business, you need to be prepared for the move.
- Is Your Adviser Really a Fiduciary? @ Kiplinger - 56 minutes ago
You should ask point blank and check if they are a CEFEX-certified firm.
- 7 Tips for Talking to Millennials About Money @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
Discussing financial matters with your kids can be difficult. Try to remember that they are adults.
- Flying High By Managing Risk In Wealth Management @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
When it comes to both investing and flying a plane, you need to be prepared, use the proper tools and have a good wingman.
- All You Need to Know About Saving for Emergencies @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Building an emergency fund may be your most important financial goal. Understand why you need it, how much you should save and where to invest the savings.
- 10 Good Stocks That Are Flying Under the Radar @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
In my years of trading and investing, I've always found that the headlines can lead you to a few good opportunities, but the best stocks to buy are those that are underappreciated and underloved, and whose stories mostly go untold. As a result, many prime sellers of bad accounts stopped selling for fear they would get …
- 3 Tech Stocks Paying Big Dividends to Income Investors @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
This is because technology companies generally focus on growth. Companies like AT&T Inc. (T) and Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) have long paid dividends approaching 5%. Hard disk drives are a third example.
- 10 Stocks the Smart Money Is Betting On @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Forty five days after each quarter end, the SEC requires large institutional money managers -- what we think of as the "smart money" -- to file their 13-F reports disclosing all of their current long investments and any trades they made over the course of the quarter. It gives ordinary investors like us a chance to peek …
- 7 Important Steps to Finding the Right Financial Adviser for You @ Kiplinger - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Make sure you're working with financial professionals who understand your ultimate goals and know how to get you there in the most efficient way possible
- 12 Things You Can't Return to Amazon @ Kiplinger - 3 hours ago
Before you add any of these items to your online shopping cart, be sure you really, really want them.
- Test Your Retirement IQ @ Kiplinger - 3 hours ago
The decisions you make leading up to retirement, including how much to save, how to allocate your investments, when to take Social Security and how to anticipate your retirement expenses can make a big difference in your old age. Once you're in retirement, you'll need smart strategies for taking withdrawals and investing …
- 3 Crude Oil Stocks to Load Up On for 2017 @ Kiplinger - 4 hours ago
It's no secret that the various crude oil stocks have had a hard time over the last couple of years. Lower for longer crude oil prices have clipped much of the enthusiasm -- and profits -- for the entire energy sector.
- 10 Best Things to Buy at Dollar Stores for the Holidays (and 1 Big Thing to Avoid) @ Kiplinger - 4 hours ago
Thrifty holiday shoppers know where to go to save on seasonal necessities: the dollar store. The everything-is-a-buck-or-so retailers fit the bill for a wide array of must-have items for holiday entertaining and gift giving.
- 23 Tax Deductions You Can't Afford to Overlook @ Kiplinger - 4 hours ago
Years ago, the fellow running the IRS told Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine that he figured millions of taxpayers overpaid their taxes every year by overlooking just one of the money-saving tax breaks listed here. After years of uncertainty, in 2015 Congress finally made this break "permanent." This is particularly …
- The 7 Best ETFs for Retirees in 2017 @ Kiplinger - 5 hours ago
Exchange-traded funds are inexpensive, first-class investments.
- 15 Worst States to Live in During Retirement Kiplinger - 5 hours ago
- 10 Best Stocks You Can Buy for Under $10 Kiplinger - 5 hours ago
While Lantheus Holdings Inc. is currently a shade under $10, don't expect it to stay there for very long. This includes everything from cybersecurity and video surveillance to guided munitions and drones.
- 12 Secrets Costco Shoppers Need to Know Kiplinger - 5 hours ago
With so many items to choose from, Trae Bodge, a consumer expert who specializes in smart shopping strategies, says it's critical to shop Costco with a list to avoid overspending. Costco boasts 84 million card-carrying members worldwide, and the worldwide membership renewal rate is 88% (91% in the U.S. and Canada). If …
- 16 People You Should Tip for the Holidays @ Kiplinger - 19 hours ago
Scroll through our slide show to find out who might expect a tip and how much green you should tuck into each card -- as well as who might be unable, unhappy or unwilling to accept the cash. Peggy Post, director of the Emily Post Institute, suggests sending a letter to, say, your cleaning person's supervisor commending …
- OPEC Keeps Oil Markets Jittery @ Kiplinger - 21 hours ago
- Why Your Financial Professionals Should Work Together @ Kiplinger - 22 hours ago
If you have a financial adviser, an accountant and an attorney, they should communicate with each other to help design your best financial strategy.
- 3 No-Brainer Stocks to Buy for Retirement Kiplinger - 23 hours ago
Retirement investing is not what it used to be. The problem with the Federal Reserve's attempt to goose the economy is that it killed bond yields, forcing retired investors further out onto the risk curve, making it difficult to find safe stocks to buy.
- Retirees, Shift Stock to Satisfy Your RMD @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 5, 2016 10:40 AM EST
Use this smart tactic to keep your shares as well as make Uncle Sam happy.
- Even Retirees Working Part-Time Can Contribute to a Roth IRA @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 5, 2016 10:30 AM EST
You can stash as much as you earned for the year in a Roth, up to $5,500 plus an extra $1,000 if you're 50 or older.
- 8 No-Brainer Stocks to Buy for Retirement @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 5, 2016 9:10 AM EST
Ideally, you should own stocks that can provide strong and steady gains at a reasonable price--investments you can buy today and not think about for five, 10 or 20 years. In assembling this basket of stocks, we sought companies with durable competitive advantages and the ability to lift earnings for many years.
- 6 Value Stock Picks in a Pricey Market @ Kiplinger - Mon, Dec 5, 2016 9:00 AM EST
Finding bargains isn't easy these days, but these three value-fund managers dug hard.
- Things That Will Soon Disappear Forever @ Kiplinger - Sun, Dec 4, 2016 9:45 AM EST
- Worst College Majors for Your Career 2016-2017 @ Kiplinger - Sun, Dec 4, 2016 9:45 AM EST
- 8 Things Kohl's Shoppers Need to Know @ Kiplinger - Sun, Dec 4, 2016 9:45 AM EST
Chances are, if you're not a Kohl's fan, you know someone who is - and given the opening that someone will shower you with stories of saving big. You'll find a typical Kohl's - there are 1,164 stores in 49 states - in a standalone location in a well-to-do shopping center. If it strikes you as puzzling that Kohl's has …
- 10 Reasons You Will Never Be a Millionaire @ Kiplinger - Sun, Dec 4, 2016 9:45 AM EST
Consider the math: According to Bankrate.com, the highest yield you can expect from a money market account right now is 1.26%. There's no denying that the stock market can take you on a bumpy ride, so your fears are understandable. Savings earmarked for retirement are particularly well suited for the stock market.
- Ways to Shop at Whole Foods Without Going Broke @ Kiplinger - Sun, Dec 4, 2016 9:45 AM EST
Yes, it is possible to shop at Whole Foods without spending your whole paycheck - if you learn the tricks to saving money at the upscale grocer. "The company is unfairly characterized as being overpriced," says Burt P. Flickinger III, managing director of Strategic Resource Group, a consumer industry consulting firm. …
- 5 Money Lessons Women Must Learn @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 1:30 PM EST
It's important to understand these five basic points in order to take control of your life and be financially independent.
- An Interest Rate Increase Is Long Overdue @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 1:20 PM EST
The highly anticipated rise will be good for savers and investors.
- Riding Out a Bear Market With a Hold and Sell Strategy @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 1:10 PM EST
If you're already retired or near retirement, you might consider turning to low-volatility bond investment and money-market accounts before the next storm hits.
- Embracing Technology in the World of Finance @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 1:00 PM EST
Good apps and online tools can help you better handle your personal finances, but a financial adviser still plays an important role, too.
- 9 Secrets You Can Learn From the Millionaires Next Door @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 9:30 AM EST
In the words of Knight Kiplinger, editor in chief of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine and Kiplinger.com, "discretionary spending -- the chic apartment, frequent travel and restaurant meals, consumer electronics, fancy clothes and cars -- crowds out the saving that will enable you to be rich someday." This is what makes …
- 10 Best Jobs for the Future 2016 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 9:20 AM EST
These booming careers look promising for years to come.
- 8 Stocks to Buy Now for 2017 @ Kiplinger - Fri, Dec 2, 2016 8:40 AM EST
iStockphoto These eight stocks all offer strong growth prospects at reasonable prices, a combination that should result in solid gains. We lean toward large companies, but our picks also include two small ...
- 8 Best Wireless Phone Plans for Every Type of User @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 9:20 PM EST
A full-price, 32GB iPhone 7 runs $649, for example, and a Samsung Galaxy S7 is at least $650, depending on the carrier. With the T-Mobile One plan, a family of four pays $160 a month (you must make automatic payments to qualify for that price). The plan provides unlimited calling, texting and data in the U.S., Canada …
- How to Pick the Best Funds for Your Portfolio @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 1:10 PM EST
Be sure to look at performance history, management experience and costs, among other things.
- Social Security Taxes Will Nick More of Your Earnings in 2017 @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 12:30 PM EST
The maximum amount of earnings on which you pay Social Security taxes is rising to $127,200, up from $118,500 in 2016.
- Get 5% or More From Preferred Stocks Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 12:30 PM EST
These high-paying hybrid securities belong in most income portfolios.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Next Door @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 10:20 AM EST
Join the ranks of the invisible rich by building wealth the right way.
- Best Vanguard Funds for Your Retirement Savings Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 9:20 AM EST
Thirty-four Vanguard funds appear on a list of the 105 most popular mutual funds in employer-sponsored retirement savings plans. Not surprisingly, of the 34 most popular Vanguard funds in retirement plans, 15 are index funds.
- 8 Things Not to Keep In Your Wallet This Holiday Season @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 9:20 AM EST
"Pickpocketing can happen virtually anywhere, and people should be on their guard, especially while shopping this holiday season," says Ken Chaplin, senior vice president at TransUnion. With just your name and Social Security number, identity thieves can open new credit accounts and make costly purchases in your name. …
- 3 Reasons Why Starbucks Stock Is Going to $100 @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 2:50 PM EST
Starbucks stock has gained 16,376% since it went public June 26, 1992, at $17 per share. Clearly, it's one of the all-time great American retail success stories and CEO Howard Schultz has a lot to do with that, but if you think Starbucks stock doesn't have more in the tank -- think again. Starbucks stock hit a high of …
- 10 Worst States for Taxes on Your Retirement Nest Egg @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 2:50 PM EST
iStock Retirees have special concerns when evaluating state tax policies. For instance, the mortgage might be paid off, but how bad are the property taxes--and how generous are the property-tax breaks ...
- 3 Reasons to Sell Your Netflix Stock Now @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 2:50 PM EST
There's no denying Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) has been one of the hottest stories of the past decade. While Netflix had the early advantage of having no peers and therefore didn't face any cost-control questions from owners of NFLX shares, now -- with alternatives and competition popping up left and right -- many of the company's …
- 7 Growth Stocks That Should Replace Apple in Your Portfolio @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 2:50 PM EST
Just about everything about Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) fourth-quarter earnings report was positive. Despite this fact -- and the company's apparent value -- AAPL stock still fell 3% in response to earnings late last week. The fact that it fell 3% is alarming, and it's also telling about how investors view Apple.
- The Simple Holiday Budget Anyone Can Follow @ Kiplinger - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 2:30 PM EST
Stay in the black when the red and green take over.