- Vincent Kartheiser of 'Mad Men' seeks buyer for petite Hollywood pad @ Los Angeles Times - 3 hours ago
Vincent Kartheiser of “Mad Men” has listed his Hollywood bungalow at $808,000.
- GM posts small profit despite recall expenses @ Los Angeles Times - 3 hours ago
General Motors Co. squeezed out a small second-quarter profit — despite setting aside billions of dollars for recall expenses and payouts to crash victims — while Ford Motor Co. reported a large profit ...
- City National's profit jumps 12% on loan, deposit growth @ Los Angeles Times - 3 hours ago
City National Corp.'s second-quarter profit jumped 12%, handily beating Wall Street's expectations, with double-digit growth in loans and deposits at Los Angeles' largest bank.
- Planetary Society hopes tiny satellite sets sail above Earth @ Los Angeles Times - 4 hours ago
Satellites about the size of a loaf of bread may one day explore space, propelled across the vast expanse by an unfurled sail.
- Wal-Mart's U.S. chief executive is stepping down @ Los Angeles Times - 4 hours ago
The chief executive of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations, Bill Simon, is stepping down, the retail giant said Thursday.
- Patients throw cold water on cost for post-op cooling device @ Los Angeles Times - 4 hours ago
Why treat someone with a $200 medical device when you can get similar results with a $17,500 gadget?
- Zillow and Trulia are reportedly near merger agreement @ Los Angeles Times - 4 hours ago
The nation's two biggest real estate websites could soon become one.
- Dwight Howard sells Longwood, Fla., mansion for $3.4 million @ Los Angeles Times - 5 hours ago
Former Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard has sold his mansion-estate in Longwood, Fla., for $3.4 million.
- Facebook earnings soar 138% in second quarter @ Los Angeles Times - 5 hours ago
Facebook is on a tear.
- Jeremy Carver, Anna Fricke sell Los Feliz home above asking price @ Los Angeles Times - 6 hours ago
Jeremy Carver, writer-producer of “Supernatural,” and Anna Fricke have sold their home in Silver Lake for $1,829,500.
- Zuckerberg now wealthier than Google founders @ Los Angeles Times - 6 hours ago
Mark Zuckerberg is now richer than Google Inc. co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
- ESPN's SEC Network reaches distribution deal with Time Warner Cable @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
ESPN's new SEC Network scored another touchdown with Time Warner Cable signing a deal to carry the new network.
- Rebounding airlines plan dividend payouts, stock buybacks @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
Investing in airlines has long been the butt of jokes, especially when many U.S. carriers traipsed through Bankruptcy Court in the last decade.
- Electronic Arts founder Trip Hawkins expands educational gaming app @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
Trip Hawkins' educational gaming company If You Can on Thursday released an expansion of its iPad game that aims to teach children lessons about social and emotional behavior.
- Amazon shares fall after surprising earnings loss @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
Shares of Amazon.com Inc. fell Thursday after the e-commerce retailer reported a larger than expected second quarter loss as expenses outpaced a surge in revenue.
- Airbus A350 widebody jetliner enters final stage of certification @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
European aircraft maker Airbus has begun the final stage of trials for certifying its A350-900 for passenger service.
- Stocks end little changed @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
U.S. stocks are ending little changed after a day of mixed signals on corporate earnings and the economy.
- Chiquita wins dismissal of lawsuit over alleged role in Colombian war @ Los Angeles Times - 8 hours ago
A federal appeals court in Florida has thrown out a lawsuit filed against produce giant Chiquita Brands International, ruling that U.S. courts have no jurisdiction over claims that the company allegedly ...
- Hero vs. superhuman: 'Hercules' to battle 'Lucy' in weekend box office @ Los Angeles Times - 8 hours ago
Greek-hero movie "Hercules” may not out-muscle superhuman “Lucy” in the box office this weekend.
- Nikki Sixx, Courtney Bingham buy Westlake Village mansion @ Los Angeles Times - 8 hours ago
Nikki Sixx of Motely Crue fame and his wife, Courtney Bingham, have bought a mansion in Westlake Village for $4.125 million.
- Tablet giants Apple, Samsung feel heat as competitors gain steam @ Los Angeles Times - 9 hours ago
When a company saturates its home market with a once-hot product, expect it to pump up its presence in foreign lands to keep the momentum going.
- Zillow, Trulia in talks to form online real estate giant, report says @ Los Angeles Times - 9 hours ago
Two of the nation’s biggest real estate websites could soon become one.
- TV ratings: 'America's Got Talent' ties with 'Big Brother' in key demo @ Los Angeles Times - 10 hours ago
For the second night in a row, NBC's "America's Got Talent" helped the network win the night in the key 18-to-49-year-old demographic.
- Mortgage demand rising, Fannie Mae says; Freddie says rates unchanged @ Los Angeles Times - 12 hours ago
Consumer demand for home loans has strengthened modestly this year as the economy improved, a trend expected to continue, according to a Fannie Mae survey of senior mortgage lending executives.
- New home sales fall sharply in June @ Los Angeles Times - 12 hours ago
New home sales plunged in June after two months of gains.