- Facebook brings back F8 with renewed focus on app developers @ Los Angeles Times - 11 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO -- Facebook is bringing back F8, its conference for software developers in a bid to get them to create more and better mobile apps for the giant social network.
- Can this man save the music business? @ Los Angeles Times - 14 hours ago
Even though many have written off the recording industry as a casualty of the digital age, Universal Music Group's Lucian Grainge is determined to reinvent it.
- Before bitcoin uproar, Dorian Satoshi Nakamato was a civic activist @ Los Angeles Times - 15 hours ago
As people continue to debate the claim by Newsweek that Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto, 64, of Temple City is the creator of bitcoin, he has been often depicted as a private, seldom-seen man.
- The Nakamoto affair and Newsweek's 'high editorial standards' @ Los Angeles Times - 17 hours ago
With the questions and controversy about Newsweek's purported scoop about the real identity of bitcoin's inventor still unresolved, we're not in a position to conclude whether the magazine got it right ...
- Car review: 2015 Chevy Tahoe SUV is quieter, more refined @ Los Angeles Times - 21 hours ago
GM hopes the overhaul it has given the new Chevy Tahoe and Suburban and the GMC Yukon will maintain its dominance in the full-size sector as it continues to milk big profits from a waning market.
- 'Supernatural' star Jared Padalecki sells Valley house @ Los Angeles Times - 21 hours ago
The 1924 Spanish-style home, featuring vaulted beam ceilings and stained glass, has been fully renovated.
- A spacious retreat in the woods @ Los Angeles Times - 21 hours ago
The nine-bedroom home in the San Bernardino Mountains features a lodge-like living room centered on an oversized stone fireplace.
- California drafts labor icon Huerta to woo Latinos to Obamacare @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:30 PM EST
With time running short to sign up for Obamacare, California officials have recruited labor activist Dolores Huerta to urge Latinos to get health insurance.
- T-Mobile to double customers' unthrottled 4G LTE data for free @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:55 PM EST
In yet another move that probably will draw the ire of its wireless rivals, T-Mobile on Friday announced that it will soon double the amount of Internet data users can consume at high-speed 4G LTE at no ...
- U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February despite harsh weather @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:29 PM EST
The surprisingly robust figure is a significant improvement over weak job growth in January. But unemployment ticks up slightly to 6.7%.
- For Dorian Nakamoto, bitcoin article brings denials, intrigue @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:23 PM EST
Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto insists that a Newsweek reporter had misunderstood his comments. Separately, a post that appears to be from the real bitcoin creator says, "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
- Read Harry Potter books in a few hours? New tech may make it possible @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:23 PM EST
A new technology that is set to make its debut in April could one day make it possible for users to read Harry Potter books in just a few hours.
- California unemployment rate falls to 8.1% despite drop in payrolls @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:16 PM EST
The January jobless rate declines from 8.3% the month before, even though the state shed almost 32,000 net jobs, the first monthly loss since 2011.
- Boeing inspecting Dreamliner wings for cracks; possible delivery delays @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Boeing Co. has notified airlines that a change in a supplier’s manufacturing process may have resulted in hairline cracks on the wings of about 40 of its yet-to-be-delivered 787 Dreamliners.
- Zynga to launch mobile version of 'FarmVille' game @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:53 PM EST
The release of 'FarmVille' in unnamed countries this week comes ahead of a global rollout in coming months and as Zynga is switching its focus to games for phones and tablets.
- FAA appeals judge's dismissal of $10,000 fine against drone user @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:49 PM EST
The judge said the FAA had no authority over the small unmanned aircraft, but the agency's appeal stays the ruling.
- World's most expensive cities: Singapore grabs No. 1 spot @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Although residents of Los Angeles and New York may complain about the high cost of living, the two cities can seem like a bargain compared with the truly wallet-squeezing metropolises of the world.
- So how many people had their insurance canceled? Fewer than you think @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:14 PM EST
In a debate almost totally infected with myth, perhaps the most tenacious myth about the Affordable Care Act involves the tsunami of old insurance policies that were supposedly canceled by insurers because ...
- Donors pledge bitcoins to Dorian S. Nakamoto; tally now up to $12,500 @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto may not have created bitcoin, but now, he has a whole lot of it.
- The Nakamoto chase is a sideshow: Here's the real story on bitcoins @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Bitcoin fanciers should count themselves lucky that the entire world press has become obsessed with the cabaret over whether a 64-year-old Temple City software engineer is the Satoshi Nakamoto, the fabled ...
- Reddit users launch fundraiser to help Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 2:36 PM EST
While the mystery of whether Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto is actually Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of bitcoin, continues to swirl, Reddit users are rallying to help a man whose world has been turned upside ...
- Instagram inks $100-million advertising deal @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 1:39 PM EST
SAN FRANCISCO -- Instagram has landed a major advertising deal for up to $100 million over the next year from Omnicom.
- L.A. Marathon sponsor ASICS readies training site, targets athletes @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 1:16 PM EST
ASICS America Corp., the sports equipment company with the title sponsorship of this weekend's Los Angeles Marathon, is looking beyond runners.
- California unemployment rate falls to 8.1% in January despite losses @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:39 PM EST
California appeared to go in the opposite direction of the national economy in January, shedding a net 31,600 jobs that month, the state's Employment Development Department reported Friday.
- Hyundai to debut all-new Sonata at April's New York Auto Show @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Hyundai will launch an all-new version of its game-changing Sonata sedan at the New York Auto Show, the automaker has announced.