- More women are discovering the thrill of motorcycles @ Los Angeles Times - 3 hours ago
They rumble by night, these bikers.
- Are film tax credits cost effective? @ Los Angeles Times - 6 hours ago
Tired of seeing Hollywood take its business elsewhere, California is moving to triple tax subsidies for film and TV productions, boosting incentives to $330 million annually and making the state competitive ...
- Rent vs. buy? A look at the math and other factors @ Los Angeles Times - 18 hours ago
It may be the biggest financial decision most of us ever make: Buy a house? Or keep renting?
- Buy or rent? Here are some pros and cons @ Los Angeles Times - 18 hours ago
Price. Location. Personal preference. There are so many variables that it's hard to make blanket statements about buying versus renting. But there's a case to be made for either right now. A few things ...
- Home of the Week: renovated 1920s house in Hollywood Hills @ Los Angeles Times - 18 hours ago
This renovated 1920s house in Hollywood Hills retains an "Old Hollywood" vibe from its beamed ceilings with plaster scroll work to the hardwood floors of the step-down living room. The original ...
- Auto review: Porsche Macan S hauls like an SUV, acts like a sports car @ Los Angeles Times - 18 hours ago
Pay no mind to the Porsche Macan's 18 cubic feet of cargo room, its capacity to carry five adults comfortably and its commanding view of the road. With 340 horsepower and reflexes that would make Catwoman ...
- Meryl Streep sells Hollywood Hills West home to Alex Rodriguez @ Los Angeles Times - 18 hours ago
A-list actress Meryl Streep has sold a home in Hollywood Hills West to New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez for $4.8 million.
- Ventura County Medi-Cal health plan probed @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:17 PM EDT
California officials are investigating financial dealings between Ventura County's Medi-Cal health plan and a key outside contractor, Xerox Corp., The Times has learned.
- Thinking of borrowing? Low mortgage rates may be poised to rise @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:09 PM EDT
If you're borrowing to buy a house, there's almost never been a better time to do it.
- A sour mood despite sweeter outlook @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:08 PM EDT
This week brought another nugget of good economic news for the U.S. economy. Gross domestic product expanded at a healthy annual rate of 4.2% in the second quarter — a slight upward revision from the earlier ...
- Influx of Chinese students into U.S. may be tapering off @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 11:08 PM EDT
For years, soaring numbers of Chinese graduate students in the U.S. have been a boon for American universities and local economies, especially in places like Southern California.
- Malaysia Airlines to cut 6,000 workers as part of $1.9-billion overhaul @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 8:14 PM EDT
Malaysia Airlines will cut 6,000 workers as part of a $1.9-billion overhaul announced Friday to revive its damaged brand after being hit by double passenger jet disasters.
- Kraft Singles recalled for fear of spoilage, possible illness @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 8:11 PM EDT
Almost 8,000 cases of Kraft American Singles are being recalled because a supplier didn't store an ingredient properly, Kraft Foods Group said Friday.
- Removable roof on Porsche 911 Targa 4S offers California-cool factor @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 8:03 PM EDT
Porsche's all-new 911 Targa 4S makes you wonder whether its engineers ever get any time off.
- California Senate approves film tax credit bill @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 7:14 PM EDT
A bill that would more than triple funding for California's film and TV tax credit program was overwhelmingly approved by the state Senate.
- Pete Rose sells longtime home in Sherman Oaks @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:36 PM EDT
Pete Rose of Big Red Machine fame has hustled a deal in Sherman Oaks, selling his longtime residence for $1.96 million.
- Tesla on the move in Pasadena, and China @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:24 PM EDT
Tesla Motors is expanding its presence in Southern California, and in China.
- S&P 500 closes at record high @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:26 PM EDT
U.S. financial markets inched higher in light trading Friday afternoon, recouping small losses from earlier in the day. Investors weighed reports that gave a mixed picture of the U.S. economy and better-than-expected ...
- Harley-Davidson completes its 2015 lineup with Ultra Lows, Freewheeler @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:06 PM EDT
Harley-Davidson has rolled the last of its new 2015 offerings out of the warehouse, and will have no further models to reveal between now and the end of the year.
- S&P snips American Apparel credit rating amid debt concerns @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:47 PM EDT
Standard & Poor's Rating Services downgraded American Apparel Inc.'s credit rating amid concerns that the troubled retailer will be forced to restructure its debt.
- Gas prices fall ahead of Labor Day weekend @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:44 PM EDT
Travelers filling up their gas tanks for the Labor Day weekend will have a touch more change to spend on their trips: Prices have dropped.
- Ron White puts Montecito home on the market @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
Stand-up comedian Ron White has his Montecito spread listed for sale at $4.475 million.
- Former 49er Eric Davis lists Santa Cruz-area home for sale @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:22 PM EDT
Eric Davis, the retired NFL defensive back who spent six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, has listed his home near Santa Cruz for sale at $3.795 million.
- Does sales tax apply to take-out food? That depends @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:44 PM EDT
Bud recently went to a Subway outlet in La Mirada. He says he was charged a sales tax, even though his order was to-go.
- U.S. imports of fresh Chinese citrus fruit, now banned, is proposed @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is proposing lifting a ban on imports of fresh Chinese citrus fruit.