- (Backyard) Guerrilla Gardening Manilla.com - Tue, May 13, 2014 1:09 PM EDT
Here are some tips to build (and maintain) a flourishing yet affordable backyard (or deck) garden.
- Slow But Steady: How Basic Saving Techniques Could Reduce Poverty Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:24 AM EDT
It turns out saving is as important for people near the poverty line as it is for those a safe distance away.
- Will Home Equity Loans Cause the Next Wave of Foreclosures? Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
Between $170 and $200 billion of outstanding HELOCs (home equity lines of credit) are due to reset over the next four to five years. There are concerns that these resets will lead to another huge wave ...
- 4 Ways to Deal with an Office Bully Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
Here are four steps that bullied employees can utilize to take down the bully and eliminate their stress once and for all.
- Why Paying Your Caregiver Hourly is Always the Right Call Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:15 AM EDT
Many of us are paid on a fixed salary at our jobs -- meaning we earn the same pay each pay period regardless of how many hours we work. So using this same logic, when families hire a nanny, senior caregiver, ...
- 6 Web and Mobile Tools to Track Retirement Accounts Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:15 AM EDT
Here is a brief introduction to five retirement tracking tools, describing their uses and advantages. Evaluate the service you choose by ensuring it is cost-effective, secure, easy to understand, and capitalizes ...
- Mom’s Career-Advice Clichés Are True: 5 Tips That Inspired Entrepreneurs Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Running a household, especially one with multiple kids, requires some of the same skills as operating a business. You have to motivate, innovate, delegate, and negotiate—all without going into the red. ...
- The Top 10 Destinations for Memorial Day Weekend Manilla.com - Fri, May 9, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
For those considering domestic travel, low airfare to beaches on either coast is generally available to areas including Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and San Diego, Calif. or to the theme parks in Orlando, Fla. ...
- 10 simple mistakes that are negatively affecting our credit scores Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 3:42 PM EDT
- 5 Mother’s Day Gift Cards That Come with Perks Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 3:33 PM EDT
These five Mother's Day gift cards have added bonuses!
- 8 terms to know before becoming a homeowner Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 2:31 PM EDT
- Top 10 Baby Shower Gifts Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 2:27 PM EDT
Not sure what to bring? Here are the best baby shower gifts.
- More Money, Less Clutter Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 12:12 PM EDT
Find our organization tips that will help you with manage your finances.
- Quick, Easy and Cheap Ways to Reduce Your Energy Bill Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 11:36 AM EDT
Check out these simple ways to be more eco-friendly and cut costs in the process.
- Relationship and Legal Issues When You Move in With Your Significant Other Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 11:34 AM EDT
Moving in with your significant other is a big step. Make sure you have covered all of your bases before you do so.
- 5 Rules of Credit Card Use Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 11:28 AM EDT
Credit cards can be blessings and curses. Read more on how to use a credit card wisely.
- Productivity and Battery Life: How a Simple Tech Swap Changed the Way I Work Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 10:25 AM EDT
I've recently made two changes that have made me surprisingly more productive. The first was switching from my 17-inch MacBook Pro to a MacBook Air. The second was switching to a newer MiFi device to get ...
- How to Digitally Declutter Your iPhone or Android Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Whether you have an iPhone or an Android, you can declutter your device and improve its performance in a few easy steps.
- 5 Ways to Minimize Your Exposure to Identity Theft Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 9:45 AM EDT
Read these simple steps on how to avoid identity theft.
- 5 Weird Ways You Can Hurt Your Credit Score Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
Everyone wants a good credit score. Here is a quick list of the weirdest ways we can hurt our credit score.
- 5 DIY Spring Cleaning Projects Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
We love this time of year. Get rid of the old, turn over the soil, and get ready for new things to bloom! As we prepare, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite DIY spring cleaning tips and tricks to help ...
- How to Transform Your Objective Statement into a Value Statement Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
On a resume, objective statements are too vague. Here's how to write a value statement.
- Manilla Mini: Revamping a Room on a Budget Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Giving an old room new life is easier than you think. Here are four basic tenants to changing the vibe of any room.
- 5 Summer Care Options: Weighing the Cost, the Schedule and the Fun Manilla.com - Wed, May 7, 2014 2:53 PM EDT
Looking for summer child care? Below are five child care options that can work with any budget.
- The Ultimate Gift a Woman Can Give Herself Manilla.com - Wed, May 7, 2014 2:45 PM EDT
Women should always be prepared. Here are some self defense tips for women.
- Gearing Up for Graduation: Where Are You Moving? Manilla.com - Wed, May 7, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
Graduation is here. Where are you going to live? Here are some tips on moving after college.
- It’s Your Move: Tips for Business Relocation Manilla.com - Wed, May 7, 2014 11:07 AM EDT
Moving your business requires a lot. Here's a quick business relocation checklist that will make sure you have all of the bases covered.
- Why Attic and Garage Storage Might Damage Your Precious Valuables Manilla.com - Wed, May 7, 2014 11:02 AM EDT
Protect your valuables from poor elements with these attic storage ideas.
- Summertime Travel: Experience an Affordable Vacation in Hawaii Manilla.com - Tue, May 6, 2014 2:44 PM EDT
Spring break has passed, and summer is calling your name. With advance summertime travel planning, even the most budget-minded traveler doesn’t have to rule out one of the most exotic U.S. destinations: ...
- 15 purchases that are robbing you blind Manilla.com - Thu, May 8, 2014 10:41 AM EDT
- 10 Ways to Make Moving Less Painful Manilla.com - Tue, May 6, 2014 11:24 AM EDT
Notice I said “less” painful. Because moving is painful, regardless of what you do. Here, I offer 10 home moving tips I’ve pulled together from my experiences.
- Mastering the Art of Negotiation Manilla.com - Tue, May 6, 2014 10:59 AM EDT
Successful negotiation means finding a way that makes everyone win.
- How NOT to Get Hit with a Huge Tax Bill Next Year if You’re Self-Employed Manilla.com - Tue, May 6, 2014 10:46 AM EDT
Freelancing definitely has its perks: flexible hours, undefined workspace, no dress code, and large, untaxed sums of money with every check. For about 10 or 11 months out of the year, this profession seems ...
- Mum’s the Word: It’s Time to Take Back Mother’s Day Manilla.com - Tue, May 6, 2014 10:23 AM EDT
Mother’s Day is not for mothers -- it’s just another day for mothers to make their families feel good. Let's take it back and make it about us.
- Top Two Summer Expenses: Vacation Costs and Loan Payments, Manilla Data Shows Manilla.com - Tue, May 6, 2014 10:06 AM EDT
New survey data released today from Hearst’s Manilla found that vacations will be the top expense for American adults of all ages this summer. Manilla is the leading, free and secure digital mailbox service ...
- 7 iPad Apps for Picking the Perfect Mother’s Day Gift on a Budget Manilla.com - Mon, May 5, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
This Mother's Day, be creative and thoughtful without spending a ton of money with these apps to pick a mother's day gift.
- Healthy Cubicle, Healthy Workplace, Healthy You Manilla.com - Mon, May 5, 2014 3:41 PM EDT
Translating your healthy lifestyle from home to work can be challenging. Here are some tips on how to stay healthy at work.
- 5 Fun Fitness Activities to Do Outdoors Manilla.com - Mon, May 5, 2014 12:53 PM EDT
You don't need a gym to be fit. Here are five fun outdoor fitness ideas that you can do on your own.
- The Latest Buzz on Coffee’s Health Perks Manilla.com - Mon, May 5, 2014 12:32 PM EDT
There are so many coffee health benefits that can help you avoid deadly diseases and ailments.
- Why Money is So Important When Planning Mom’s and Dad’s Care Manilla.com - Mon, May 5, 2014 11:53 AM EDT
Caring for elderly parents is something that you'll be glad you discussed before it's too late.
- Is Technology Improving Your Productivity? Manilla.com - Sun, May 4, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Technology and productivity are supposed to go hand in hand. Use these tips to make sure they do.
- Sleep on It: Shared Bedtime Journal Encourages Communication Manilla.com - Fri, May 2, 2014 2:35 PM EDT
There are many communication activities for kids. One inexpensive tool for staying close and connected with school-age children is a shared bedtime journal.
- Should You Invest Your Tax Refund? Manilla.com - Fri, May 2, 2014 2:11 PM EDT
Not sure what to do with your tax refund? Read more to find out.
- Manilla Makes Bill Paying Almost Painless, Kiplinger Says Manilla.com - Fri, May 2, 2014 1:38 PM EDT
Kiplinger recently featured Manilla in its latest article on how to make bill paying almost painless. The key? Set up automatic bill payment, which can save you time and money.
- How to Get the Most Out of Job Boards Manilla.com - Fri, May 2, 2014 1:36 PM EDT
Finding a job is hard. Read more to learn about the best job boards.
- How to Travel on Your Credit Card Company’s Dime This Summer Manilla.com - Fri, May 2, 2014 12:38 PM EDT
Looking for the best travel rewards credit card? Search no longer!
- AOL DailyFinance: Use Manilla to Know Where Your Money is Going Manilla.com - Fri, May 2, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
We're excited to share that AOL DailyFinance recently included Manilla in its post, "5 Money Habits of Highly Successful Women."
- 5 Steps to Take Before Becoming a Homeowner Manilla.com - Thu, May 1, 2014 11:01 AM EDT
Buying a home is a big commitment, with tons of important decisions to make along the way. The information below can help you understand the key steps toward homeownership and avoid some of the most common ...
- How to Sharpen Your Mind with Brain Workouts Manilla.com - Thu, May 1, 2014 10:54 AM EDT
Fortunately, you can sharpen your mind by working out your brain. It’s kind of like going to the gym, except only your brain exercises. Brain workouts are no longer limited to word teasers, wooden puzzles, ...
- What is That Late Payment Really Costing You? Manilla.com - Thu, May 1, 2014 10:44 AM EDT
A late payment on a credit card can actually negatively impact you in three ways, by decreasing your credit score, increasing the interest rate you get on future loans and causing you to pay additional ...