- Short-Term Rise, Long-Term Fall Expected in Noble’s Earnings @ Market Realist - 11 hours ago
Although analysts are expecting a fall in Noble's 3Q16 revenues, they're expecting EBITDA to rise. Analysts’ EBITDA estimate for 3Q16 is $172 million.
- Lower Gold Volumes Eat into Freeport-McMoRan’s 3Q16 Profits @ Market Realist - 11 hours ago
Freeport-McMoRan generated adjusted EBITDA of $1.3 billion in 3Q16. It posted adjusted EBITDA of $966 million in 2Q16 and $623 million in 3Q15.
- How Do Pfizer’s Valuation Multiples Compare with Those of Other Oncology Players in 2016? @ Market Realist - 12 hours ago
On October 21, 2016, Pfizer was trading at a forward PE multiple of about 11.4x. Since January 1, 2016, it has traded at PE multiples of 11.2x–13.5x.
- Can LyondellBasell Beat 3Q16 Estimates amid Its Maintenance Woes? @ Market Realist - 12 hours ago
Analysts expect LyondellBasell (LYB) to post revenue of $7.4 billion in 3Q16, implying an 11.3% fall in projected revenue on a year-over-year basis.
- Inside Fiat Chrysler’s 3Q16 Revenues @ Market Realist - 12 hours ago
Fiat Chrysler's consolidated shipments in 3Q16 stood at 1.09 million vehicle units, as compared to 1.11 million in 3Q15.
- Visa’s Processed Transactions Rise on Spending in the US, Asia @ Market Realist - 12 hours ago
Visa (V) reported a total of 41.8 billion transactions in 4Q16 compared to 27.9 billion in 4Q15, a rise of 50% year-over-year.
- JetBlue’s: Can Investors Expect Improved Revenue in 4Q16? @ Market Realist - 12 hours ago
For 3Q16, JetBlue Airways' (JBLU) revenues stood at $1.73 billion—a 2.6% year-over-year increase compared to revenue of $1.69 billion in 3Q15.
- Bill Miller Says Valeant Pharmaceuticals Could Double in 3 Years @ Market Realist - 12 hours ago
Value investor Bill Miller announced in an interview with CNBC that he bought more Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX) stock in the past week.
- Is T-Mobile the New Buyout Target? @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
T-Mobile (TMUS) continues to see success with its "un-carrier" strategy.
- Can iPhone 7 Reverse Apple’s Dwindling Fortunes? @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Apple posted EPS (earnings per share) of $1.67 on revenues of $46.9 billion in the last quarter.
- Can NRG Energy Meet Analysts’ Earnings Estimates in 3Q16? @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
The largest independent power producer, NRG Energy (NRG), is scheduled to report its 3Q16 earnings on November 4, 2016.
- Noble’s Revenue Is Expected to Fall More Than 50% in 3Q16 @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Wall Street analysts estimate revenues of $409 million for Noble (NE) in 3Q16. That's a fall of 54.0% from $894 million in 2Q16.
- Can Lower Production Be Blamed for Freeport’s 3Q16 Revenue Miss? @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Freeport-McMoRan posted revenue of $3.9 billion in 3Q16. In contrast, Freeport posted revenue of nearly ~$3.7 billion in 3Q15 and ~$3.3 billion in 2Q16.
- Visa’s Payment Volumes Rise on US, Cross-Border Spending @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Visa's (V) US payment volumes rose 11% in fiscal 4Q16. The rise in its international payment volumes, excluding Europe, was 9% in the same quarter.
- Weatherford International’s Share Price and Returns after Earnings @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
On October 25, 2016, Weatherford International's stock price closed at $6.16, nearly unchanged from October 25. WFT's share price has fallen ~29% YTD.
- Can Monster Beverage’s Investors Expect Margin Growth in 3Q? @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Monster Beverage's gross margin improved to 62.6% in 2Q16 from 56.9% in 2Q15, primarily due to higher sales from the company’s Strategic Brands segment.
- Valero’s Stock Rose 5% Following Its Earnings Release @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Valero Energy (VLO) announced its results on October 25, 2016, before the markets opened.
- Will the US Economic Slowdown Impact Home Depot’s EPS? @ Market Realist - 13 hours ago
In 2Q16, Home Depot posted EPS (earnings per share) of $1.97. After strong 2Q16 earnings, management raised its EPS guidance for fiscal 2016 to $6.31.
- Will LyondellBasell’s Stock Continue to Recover in 4Q16? @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
LyondellBasell (LYB), one of the top producers of polymers, is set to report its 3Q16 earnings before the market opens on November 1, 2016.
- JetBlue Airways: Checking Up on Operational Performance in 3Q16 @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
JetBlue Airways (JBLU) saw average traffic of about 11.9 billion passenger miles for the quarter, a 7.6% year-over-year increase
- Bill Miller Has an Optimistic View of Amazon: Here’s Why @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
In his October 24, 2016, interview with CNBC, Bill Miller said his best pick for 2016 is Amazon (AMZN).
- Will Weatherford International’s Working Capital Deteriorate? @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
Geographically, revenues from Weatherford International’s (WFT) North America region fell the most (46%) from 3Q15 to 3Q16.
- Can Monster Beverage Surpass Analysts’ 3Q Sales Growth Estimate? @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
Monster Beverage beat analysts’ sales expectations in the first two quarters of 2016, delivering a sales growth rate of 15.9% in 1Q16 and 19.3% in 2Q16.
- How Did Valero’s Refining Margin Shape Up in 3Q16? @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
In 3Q16, Valero Energy (VLO) noted a fall in its GRM (gross refining margin) to $9.1 per barrel compared to $14.4 per barrel in 3Q15.
- Vans Brand Does It Again for VFC in 3Q16 @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
VFC’s (VFC) third quarter, which ended on October 1, 2016, was characterized by weakness in three of its four major segments.
- What’s Duke Energy’s Target Price ahead of Its 3Q16 Earnings? @ Market Realist - 14 hours ago
Duke Energy has a median target price of $82.31—compared to its current market price of $78.58. It implies an estimated upside of nearly 5% in one year.
- Why Did Wall Street Remain Silent on Fiat’s Strong 3Q Results? @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
For 3Q16, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) reported strong adjusted EPS of 0.47 euros, or $0.53—more than double its EPS in 3Q15.
- Noble’s Results Are Just around the Corner: What Should We Know? @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
Noble (NE) is scheduled to release its 3Q16 results after the markets close on Thursday, November 3, 2016. Let's take a look at what analysts are expecting for its results.
- Why the Market Shrugged Off Freeport-McMoRan’s 3Q16 Earnings Miss @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
Freeport-McMoRan released its 3Q16 earnings before the market opened on October 25, 2016. The company reported adjusted EPS (earnings per share) of $0.13.
- Home Depot’s 3Q16 Revenue: Why Are Analysts Optimistic? @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
In 2Q16, Home Depot's revenue grew 6.6%. It was driven by positive same-store sales growth and the acquisition of Interline Brands in June 2015.
- This Is Why VFC Missed Consensus Revenue Forecasts @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
VFC (VFC) reported a 3.8% fall in its top line in 3Q16.
- Here’s Why Under Armour Stock Fell on October 25 @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
Under Armour's massive fall was a result of a warning that came from the company’s management regarding a slowdown in sales growth over the next two years.
- What Are CF Industries’ Earnings Estimates for 3Q16 and Beyond? @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
CF Industries (CF) has had lackluster earnings growth over the past three years. On an adjusted basis, CF Industries saw an earnings rise of 7% in 2015.
- Baker Hughes’s Share Price and Returns after Its 3Q16 Earnings @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
Baker Hughes (BHI) released its financial information for 3Q16 on October 25, 2016. Its stock reacted positively immediately following the earnings release.
- Range Resources’ 3Q16 Operational Performance, Management Strategies @ Market Realist - 15 hours ago
For 3Q16, Range Resources reported total production of ~1.51 Bcfe per day, which is much higher than its 3Q16 production guidance of 1.43 Bcfe per day.
- Visa Beats Fiscal 4Q16 Estimates on Volumes, Processing, and More @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
Visa posted adjusted net earnings of $1.9 billion, or $0.78 per unit, in fiscal 4Q16. This was compared to $0.69 per unit in fiscal 3Q16 and $0.62 per unit in fiscal 4Q15.
- Why Did JetBlue Airways’ Stock Fall after 3Q16 Earnings? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
JetBlue (JBLU) reported its third quarter 2016 results on October 25. The airline's revenue rose 2.4% year-over-year.
- Bill Miller Has a Bullish Sentiment on Airline Stocks @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
Miller believes the business cycle will pick up in the upcoming years and cyclical stocks such as airline stocks will perform better than defensive stocks.
- Bill Miller on Twitter: What Could Drive Its Growth? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
According to Bill Miller, Twitter (TWTR) has a good business model and its user base is good. But he did call the company a huge disappointment since it went public.
- Bill Miller on the S&P 500 Index: Bullish or Bearish? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
On Monday, October 24, 2016, in an interview with CNBC, Bill Miller discussed the market, his optimistic view on Amazon, and his bullishness for airlines and Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Bill Miller: Why Will the Financial Sector Get More Attention? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
According to Miller, going forward, the financial sector will receive more attention from investors. A rise in interest rates would be a big boost for that sector.
- Duke Energy’s Valuation: Are Utilities Becoming Cheap? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
Duke Energy corrected more than 10% since July 2016. It's trading at an EV-to-EBITDA multiple of 10.4x—slightly overvalued compared to the industry average.
- DTC, Apparel, Footwear, International: Under Armour Is a Winner @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
While Under Armour reported a rise in sales for all its channels, growth in DTC (direct-to-consumer) revenues outpaced the growth in the others.
- Will CF Industries’ Margins Contract in 3Q16? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
Most of CF's gross margin contribution comes from ammonia. In 2Q16, the ammonia segment's gross margin accounted for about 41% of CF's total gross margin.
- Can Calumet Stock Recover after 3Q16 Results? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
Calumet Specialty Products Partners (CLMT) has fallen 81.0% in so far in 2016. The stock currently trades 36.0% below its 50-day moving average.
- What’s the Outlook for Time Warner’s Advertising Business? @ Market Realist - 16 hours ago
At the start of 2016, Time Warner said it intended to reduce ad loads on Turner’s TNT channel. It also intends to reduce ads on TNT’s three new dramas set to premiere this year.
- Why Weatherford International’s 3Q16 Earnings Missed Estimates @ Market Realist - 17 hours ago
Weatherford International (WFT) reported total revenues of ~$1.4 billion in 3Q16, which represents a 39% fall from the ~$2.2 billion it recorded in 3Q15.
- Can Monster Beverage’s 3Q16 Results Lift Its Stock? @ Market Realist - 17 hours ago
The stock price of Monster Beverage has risen 4% on a YTD basis to $150.12 as of October 24. The stock is trading below its YTD average price of $144.96.
- Valero’s 3Q16 Earnings Beat Analysts’ Estimates @ Market Realist - 17 hours ago
In 3Q16, VLO’s adjusted net income fell 59% year-over-year to $571 million.
- Has Home Depot’s Share Price Bottomed Out? @ Market Realist - 17 hours ago
Since August 16, Home Depot's share price fell. As of October 25, Home Depot was trading at $123.3—a fall of 9.4% from $137.1 on August 15.