- [video] Secretive Army of Hamas Emerges From Shadows in Gaza @ MarketWatch - 21 minutes ago
The wife and child of Hamas military commander Mohammed Deif were killed in an Israeli airstrike after a sharp escalation in Gaza attacks. WSJ’s Nick Casey gives us a closer look inside Hamas's secretive ...
- Analyst on Hertz’s woes: ‘Difficult to find any positives’ @ MarketWatch - 25 minutes ago
Troubles at rental car giant Hertz elicit two analyst downgrades.
- [video] Lowe's Scales Back Sales Guidance Despite Earnings @ MarketWatch - 27 minutes ago
Lowe's, PetSmart and Staples are among stocks to watch today. WSJ's Polya Lesova joins Simon Constable on the News Hub with the details. Photo: Getty
- [video] U.S. and European Stocks Edge Lower @ MarketWatch - 28 minutes ago
U.S. stocks opened lower Wednesday, European stocks pulled back and the Federal Reserve will release its meeting minutes later in the day. WSJ's Polya Lesova joins Simon Constable on the News Hub with ...
- [audio] Newscast: Wall Street gives back recent gains @ MarketWatch - 31 minutes ago
Target is still reeling from last year's major data breach. MarketWatch's Ann Cates reports.
- [video] James Foley Video Described as ‘Depraved’ @ MarketWatch - 43 minutes ago
U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron cut short his vacation to describe the purported murder of American journalist James Foley as “shocking” and “depraved”. Photo: Associated Press
- U.S. stocks dip pre-Fed minutes; Apple hits intraday record @ MarketWatch - 44 minutes ago
Will the rally keep going? Stocks are slightly lower ahead of the coming Fed minutes.
- [video] Trulia: Job Market Driving Housing Recovery @ MarketWatch - 46 minutes ago
The housing market may be looking a bit better than it did a few years ago. Trulia chief economist Jed Kolko joins the News Hub with Simon Constable to discuss how the jobs numbers have been the force ...
- Infineon may buy U.S. chip company for $2 billion: report @ MarketWatch - 50 minutes ago
MADRID (MarketWatch)-- Infineon Technologies AG fell 2.3% in Germany amid reports the company nearing a deal to buy a U.S.-based semiconductor maker for $2 billion, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday. ...
- When PIIGS fly, everything you know about euro crisis is wrong @ MarketWatch - 52 minutes ago
The euro-zone crisis has flipped from South to North, upending everything policy makers thought, writes Matthew Lynn.
- Russia loses its fizz for Europe’s brewers @ MarketWatch - 53 minutes ago
Some of Europe’s biggest brewers are being walloped by lower consumer spending in Russia, amid its standoff with the West over Ukraine and in the wake of Moscow’s recent drive to restrict beer marketing....
- Argentina moves to pay bondholders locally @ MarketWatch - 54 minutes ago
Move comes three weeks after the sovereign defaulted on its debt.
- [video] Islamic State Claims Killing of Journalist James Foley @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Islamic State militants released a video Tuesday purporting to show the beheading of American journalist James Foley in an act of retribution for U.S. airstrikes on the group in Iraq, raising new dangers ...
- [audio] Fed minutes and Macy's in spotlight today @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Charlie Turner reports on what you need to know today.
- The 'short of the decade' and one willful bull's call for Dow 19,000 @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
The Nasdaq's rally to March 2000 levels and Google's 10-year IPO birthday have cast a nostalgic light on markets so far this week. And the way things are going these days (up, a lot) nostalgia seems to ...
- 5 reasons Americans are unhappy @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Why people living in one of the wealthiest countries in the world are glum
- [video] Iceland Warns Airlines About Volcano @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Seismic activity observed at Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano prompts Iceland to warn airlines about a possible eruption. British Geological Survey volcanologist Evgenia Ilyinskaya discusses on the News Hub ...
- Norway’s oil fund earns 3.3% on investments in second quarter @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 1 minute ago
The Norwegian sovereign wealth fund gains 4% from stocks and 2% from bonds.
- [video] Gaza Attacks Resume Between Israel, Militant Hamas @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Violence flared on Tuesday as cease-fire talks in Cairo between Israel and a Palestinian delegation were suspended. Strikes have since escalated, as WSJ’s Mark Kelly reports. (Image: Atef Safadi/EPA)
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Iceland evacuates people near Bardarbunga volcano @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
Iceland is evacuating people living near the Bardarbunga volcano, as earth tremors have raised fears that an eruption was imminent
- American Eagle Outfitters shares surge on profit beat @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares of teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc. surged 8% in premarket trade Wednesday, after the company blew past profit and sales estimates for the second quarter. ...
- [video] Ferguson Protesters Defy Police but Calm Returns @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
Protests in Ferguson, Mo., remained largely peaceful on Tuesday night, despite demonstrators defying calls to stay off the streets after dark.
- Amicus Therapeutic’s Fabry treatment meets goals in late-stage trial @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Shares surge 40% in premarket trade on positive news from Phase 3 study.
- Boehner's troubles with conservatives are just beginning @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Conservatives' fresh threat to Boehner, plus Cheney snubs Ryan.
- JA Solar shares slide after profit falls short of estimates @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- JA Solar shares fell 4.4% in premarket trade Wednesday, after the company missed profit estimates for the second quarter. The Shanghai-based maker of solar products said it had ...
- [audio] Newscast: The boss is on vacation - but not really @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Wall Street may pause after two days of big gains. MarketWatch's Ann Cates reports.
- These tech stocks are at half their peak level @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
While the technology-friendly Nasdaq Composite has made it back to levels not seen since March 2000, the month the tech-bubble popped, the shares of many tech giants that helped fuel that bubble still ...
- J.M. Smucker misses profit expectations, lowers sales outlook @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- J.M. Smucker reported early Wednesday fiscal first-quarter profit of $116 million, or $1.14 a share, down from $126.6 millionm, or $1.19 a share, in the year-earlier period. Excluding ...
- [audio] Charlie Turner previews the day's action @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Fewer homeowners are delinquent on their mortgages; Macy's settles recial profiling charges
- Everything you wanted to know about the Fed's exit plan but were afraid to ask @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Morgan Stanley spells out its view of the Fed's exit strategy.
- Staples earnings fall 20%, sees taking pretax charge @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Office-supplies retailer Staples Inc. [s:spls] said Wednesday second-quarter net earnings were $81.9 million, or 13 cents a share, compared with $102.5 million, or 16 cents a share, ...
- Lowe's lowers sales-growth outlook for 2014 @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Lowe's Companies Inc. on Wednesday lowered its outlook for sales growth in fiscal 2014, saying it now expects total sales to grow by 4.5%, down from 5% estimated previously. The ...
- BOE minutes show end to united front on U.K. rate view @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
For the first time in three years, there was a split vote among policy members at the Bank of England on whether to raise the benchmark interest rate.
- This app keeps your kids from ignoring you; should you try it? @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Sick of your kids ignoring your calls and texts? Now you can do something about it — but should you?
- Uh-oh: Stock buybacks are on the decline @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
U.S. corporations have been spending hundreds of billions of dollars a year buying back their own stock — and they just stopped.
- [audio] Newscast: Fewer mortgage delinquents @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
New research finds more Americans are catching up on mortgage payments, and fliers paying the new TSA fees may be getting overcharged. Andrew O'Day reports.
- FTSE breaks 5-day winning streak after BOE report @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
The U.K.’s FTSE 100 index snaps a five-day winning streak and the pound climbs after minutes from the latest Bank of England policy-setting meeting showed two members were in favor of hiking interest rates....
- [video] Food Porn Meets Social Media -- Digits @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
If you like to show off your latest culinary creation and share it on social media, SortedFood.com may be the app for you. WSJ's Jenny Marc talks to the founders who have created a social media site for ...
- [video] Ambi's High Tech Way to Reduce Your Energy Bills @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Hong Kong startup Ambi Climate is getting ready to launch a device that instructs any split-level air conditioner to automatically adjust the temperature. The WSJ's Ramy Inocencio tells us how that adds ...
- 5 fashion myths debunked @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Rethink your stance on style by breaking these fashion ‘rules.’
- Retire Here, Not There: Michigan @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Good deals on real estate are helping boomers retire to the “Riviera of the Midwest.”
- [video] Digits: Is the Myo Arm Band Worh $200? @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
There's been a lot of buzz around Thalmic Labs Myo, a motion controlled arm band that can replace your computer mouse. The WSJ's Eva Tam tells us how it works and whether it's worth the $200.
- Oil futures rise ahead of weekly supply update @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Crude-oil futures rise ahead of a report that may confirm a weekly decline in U.S. stockpiles.
- Upbeat Maersk an encouraging sign for U.S., global growth @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
The second-quarter earnings report from the world’s largest shipping company is making both economists and investors more optimistic about the global economy.
- Gold slips ahead of Fed minutes @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Gold prices slip just below the $1,300 level as traders prepare for the release of minutes from the most recent Fed meeting as well Friday’s speech by Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen.
- Dollar hits multi-month highs on U.S.-economy optimism @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Strong housing data, easing geopolitical tensions underpin the dollar, which hits a four-month high against the yen and British pound and a nine-month high against the euro.
- [video] Deadly Landslides Rip Through Hiroshima @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
A series of landslides has claimed the lives of at least eight people in Japan's Hiroshima prefecture, with 24 people still missing. Video: AP
- BOE dissent could hold clues to rate hike @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
After years of a united front among policy makers on interest rates, Wednesday’s minutes could reveal that more-hawkish members are beginning to speak out about the long-term risks from keeping rates low...
- [audio] Newscast:Home mortgage delinquency rate is falling @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Fewer home owners are falling behind on their mortgages; Macy's settles racial profiling charges