- Cheerios parent General Mills says sorry after backlash on legal terms update @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
General Mills, maker of Cheerios, Yoplait and Pillsbury food products, is asking customers for forgiveness, but any appeasement may not come as quickly as the company might hope for.
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, the boxer whose wrongful murder conviction in the 1960s became the subject of a Bob Dylan song and a movie starring Denzel Washington, died ...
- Home sales getting crimped by more than the weather @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
The early-spring sales season for the housing market is looking decidedly tepid. Officials will release monthly sales data this week for new and existing homes, and economists polled by MarketWatch expect ...
- 10 businesses profiting off your germaphobia @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
If you slather Purell on your hands immediately after shaking someone’s hand, here are products being marketed to you.
- Swipe these credit card deals while they last @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Card rewards and sign-up bonuses are best they’ve been in years.
- The bull market, while old, is still very much alive @ MarketWatch - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 1:39 PM EDT
Investor sentiment, the key gauge for stocks, suggests a rebound is in the offing, writes Mark Hulbert.
- Gold: Connect the dots @ MarketWatch - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
The markets continue their relief rally from Tuesday. It's a long way back up to where they were this time last week, though. Patience.
- [video] Mount Everest Avalanche Kills at Least 15 Guides @ MarketWatch - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 9:57 AM EDT
An avalanche on the slopes of Mount Everest killed at least 15 Nepalese Sherpa guides on Friday, making it one of the deadliest days in the history of the mountain. Photo: AP.
- Stress-test your retirement portfolio @ MarketWatch - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 6:01 AM EDT
What if you could predict how your investing strategy would perform in a crisis—before you committed your nest egg to it? Robert Powell looks at technology that attempts to do just that.
- [video] Senator Ted Cruz's Pointed Speaking Style @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:49 PM EDT
Senator Ted Cruz is known for his pointed speeches. Here's a sample of some of his more famous remarks.
- [video] Pro-Russian Activists Defy Call to Disarm, and More @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 5:49 PM EDT
What's News: Pro-Russian activists refuse to vacate government buildings in Eastern Ukraine. Wal-Mart rolls out new money transfer service in the U.S. Churches work buzz about Easter falling on "stoner ...
- [video] SpaceX's Falcon 9/Dragon Launches From Cape Canaveral @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 5:43 PM EDT
SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket with Dragon spacecraft lifted off at 3:25 p.m. EDT Friday from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla. on a mission to the International Space Station. Watch video of the launch. ...
- [video] Degenerate Art at the Neue Galerie in New York @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 5:28 PM EDT
A tour of the Degenerate Art show at the Neue Galerie, the first major U.S. exhibition devoted to the infamous display of modern art by the Nazis since 1991.
- Rent or buy a home? This map has the answer @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Like all real estate dilemmas, the rent or buy question comes down to location, this map shows.
- [video] Timelapse Video: 7.2 Earthquake Rattles Mexico City @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:14 PM EDT
Buildings were evacuated in Mexico City on Friday following a magnitude 7.2 earthquake. In this timelapse video, the Monumento de Revolucion is rattled by the tremors. (Photo/Video: YouTube / WebcamsdeMexico)...
- [video] Fish Farming Explores Deeper, Cleaner Waters @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:13 PM EDT
Norwegian fish farmer SalMar has been working two years on creating oil-rig-like structures that can harvest salmon in more free-flowing waters, reducing disease and pollution concerns. WSJ's Ellen Jervell ...
- [video] The Upside of 'Marrying Down' @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:09 PM EDT
A successful single woman who falls for a man making less than she does or not sharing her career ambition may face not-so-subtle disapproval from friends and family. Dr. Sonya Rhodes, author of "The ...
- [video] Opinion: California’s Assault on Free Speech @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
Center for Competitive Politics senior fellow Eric Wang on a lawsuit to stop California Attorney General Kamala Harris from demanding confidential nonprofit donor records. Photo: Getty Images
- [video] Maritime Expert on South Korea Ferry Captain's Actions @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:02 PM EDT
As the investigation in South Korea's ferry accident continues, authorities arrested the captain of the sunken amid reports he was among the first to leave the ship. Kim E. Petersen, Security Dynamics ...
- [video] What Do People Expect From the Future? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
What will the future look like? A new Pew study asked Americans to predict the impact of current, and possible future, technology. Pew Research Center's Lee Rainie joins the News Hub. Photo: Getty Images....
- [video] The Rise of the Eco-African Safari @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:59 PM EDT
In South Africa, there’s a new kind of safari where you join veterinarians in immobilizing big game and tagging rhinos, lions, leopards and elephants for research or conservation management. Dyan Machan ...
- Keystone pipeline decision delayed again @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:53 PM EDT
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The State Department announced Friday that is has extended the review period of TransCanada's [s:TRP] Keystone XL pipeline. The federal government would wait and see whether ...
- Where’s the cheapest place to buy a home? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:22 PM EDT
Renting or buying a home ultimately comes down to location, writes MarketWatch’s Daniel Goldstein. Find that story and more, in today’s Personal Finance Daily.
- White House: No snap judgement on Ukraine pact @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:39 PM EDT
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The United States will watch over the "coming days" to see whether Russia is working constructively to de-escalate the Ukraine crisis, said White House National Security ...
- [audio] Newscast: "All-inclusive" may not be @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
Beware the "all-inclusive" vacation deal. LinkedIn passes a milestone. Wall Street takes a break.
- [video] Opinion: Obama’s Make-Believe Diplomacy @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:23 PM EDT
Global View columnist Bret Stephens on the agreement reached Thursday between Ukraine and Russia in Geneva. Photo: The White House
- [video] Opinion: L.A. Embraces Charter Schools @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:19 PM EDT
Editorial writer Allysia Finley discusses why L.A. County Board of Education’s overturned a decision to close charter schools. Photo: Getty Images
- Bring ‘economic love’ to the holiday table @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:17 PM EDT
How to talk to your family about finances.
- Volkswagen mulls expansion of China plant @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:28 PM EDT
German car-maker considering a move that may include the launch of a new small SUV.
- [video] Zebras: Solving the Mystery Behind the Stripes @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:19 PM EDT
If you were one of the many children who always wondered why zebras have black and white stripes, experts at the University of California at Davis have made significant progress in solving the mystery. ...
- [video] Rumble Seat: Is the Lincoln MKZ a Full Meal? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:05 PM EDT
Rumble Seat columnist Dan Neil test drove the 2014 Lincoln MKZ. What should you know before you buy it? He joins Lunch Break with details. Photo: The Lincoln Motor Company.
- 3 ways to beat the odds and save more money @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:05 PM EDT
Are you gainfully employed and yet failing to save 12% to 15% of your income? Jonathan Clements has some steps that might get you on track.
- [video] LED Bulbs: What to Know Before You Buy @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:04 PM EDT
Energy-efficient LED light bulbs have gotten brighter and warmer since the early days of this technology. The best bulbs, although pricey, make colors pop in a way that incandescents can’t. Michael Hsu ...
- [video] Weekend Sip: Elvis Lives! (In Vodka Form) @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:02 PM EDT
Catey Hill tastes a coconut water flavored vodka by Three Olives -- the first of its kind on the market -- which is also inspired by Elvis Presley and his strong connection to Hawaii. Photo: Getty.
- [video] Wal-Mart Banks on New Money Transfer Service @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:02 PM EDT
Wal-Mart is trying to shake up the money transfer industry with a new service that undercuts Western Union and MoneyGram with lower and simplified fees. Paul Ziobro reports on Lunch Break. Photo: Getty....
- [video] Dante's 'Divine Comedy': A Self-Help Book? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:01 PM EDT
Everyone knows that “The Divine Comedy,” is one of the greatest literary works of all time. What everybody does not know is that it is also the most astonishing self-help book ever written. "The American ...
- [video] NY Auto Show: Top 5 Most Expensive Cars @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:48 PM EDT
The Wall Street Journal brings you the 5 most expensive cars from the 2014 New York International Auto Show.
- Drops in 3 leading indexes may be 'canary in the coal mine' for S&P 500: FOREX.com @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:45 PM EDT
The S&P 500 Index has been essentially unchanged since mid-February, but Matt Weller, senior technical analyst at FOREX.com, pointed out that three other widely-followed stock-market indexes are "waving ...
- Shred or delete these financial documents now @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
Chuck Jaffe’s guide to disposing of paper and electronic documents.
- Overwhelming majority of Americans prefer to eat chocolate bunnies from the ears down: survey @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:38 AM EDT
Americans have no shortage of predilections when it comes to the purchase and consumption of their Easter candy.
- LinkedIn has more than 300 million members @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:17 AM EDT
LinkedIn says it now has more than 300 million members, most of them based outside the U.S., the company said Friday.
- [video] Be Sure Spring Cleaning Includes Your Online World @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:04 AM EDT
It might be spring cleaning, or just the urge to destroy something after finishing your taxes, but Marketwatch's Chuck Jaffe says be diligent about protecting your online documents and passwords. Photo: ...
- [video] Peer-to-Peer Lending Club Moves Closer to IPO @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:03 AM EDT
Online peer-to-peer lender LendingClub raised $115 million in equity and debt, giving it a valuation of $3.8 billion as it eyes an IPO. Peter Renton, co-founder of the Lenit Conference and CEO of Lend ...
- When bubbles pop: Chart of the month @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:59 AM EDT
I don't think the recent weakness in momentum stocks, biotechs and the markets in general, is indicative that the cycle has turned. More likely, I expect to see the bubble-blowing bull market recommence ...
- Growlife still halted; marijuana penny stocks still doomed @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:58 AM EDT
Most of these over-the-counter weed penny stocks are just vehicles for their insiders to sell shares to retail investors caught up in the hype of the legalized marijuana revolution.
- Don't mess with Texas – or its bitcoin contributions @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:56 AM EDT
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott's campaign for governor is now accepting bitcoin contributions, making him the latest Texan political candidate to jump on the digital-currency bandwagon.
- What would Elvis drink? This vodka @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:55 AM EDT
A cocktail fit for The King, best served all shook up, on the jailhouse rocks.
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake hits Guerrero, Mexico @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:52 AM EDT
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- An earthquake measuring 7.5 on the Richter scale has occurred near Petatlan, Guerrero, Mexico, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. News reports said the quake was felt strongly ...
- Not all Fed communication is created equal: a quick guide on what to consider and what to ignore @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:51 AM EDT
From minutes to press conferences to prepared speeches to interviews, there's a heck of a lot of information coming out of the Federal Reserve. Ethan Harris of Bank of America Merrill Lynch broke down ...
- What to look for in Netflix’s earnings Monday @ MarketWatch - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:50 AM EDT
Streaming video leader expected to report gains in subscribers, earnings and sales.