- [video] Thailand a Hotbed for Fake and Stolen Passports @ MarketWatch - 39 minutes ago
An Austrian and Italian whose names were on the passenger list of flight MH370 but not on the flight both lost their passports in Thailand. The WSJ's Deborah Kan speaks to security consultant Steve Vickers ...
- New warfronts, market tops (and a new iPad app for investors) @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
The near-term and/or mid-term, this new war front between developed economies -- in addition to the ongoing and escalating global currency war they are already engaged in -- is likely to be part of an ...
- The bears are all dead (and the best iPad app for traders and investors) @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Are there any bears or shorts out there reading this? Are the shorts dead? Does that mean a short-term top is around the corner again?
- [video] Malaysia's Civil Aviation Chief: Search Is Ongoing @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
During a news conference at KL International Airport, Malaysia's civil aviation chief Azaharudin Abdul Rahman said that so far the search teams have not been able to locate the plane of flight MH370. (Video: ...
- [video] Mother Reacts to News, Son is on Missing Plane @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Relatives of passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 wait for news at a hotel in Beijing. The WSJ's Josh Chin tells us how they are coping.
- [video] SXSW Swag for the Homeless @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Tech startup company Medallia has teamed up with Austin's Foundation for the Homeless to re-direct any extra SXSW gifts and giveaways to those in need.
- Edward Snowden and Julian Assange set to videolink with SXSW @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Two controversial speakers are headlining the annual South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, and one congressman is demanding that one of the speakers, NSA leaker Edward Snowden, be removed from ...
- [video] Malaysian Flight Update: Still No Wreckage Found @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
Malaysian Airlines officials said in a press conference there is still no sign of wreckage from flight MH370, which disappeared from radar early on Saturday morning. They also said they are not hiding ...
- Big banks jumping on bitcoin bandwagon @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Many major Wall Street banks are trying to understand bitcoin, the virtual currency that has gained interest in the last few years, and how it could change the global payment system, say industry experts....
- [video] Michele Bachmann Slams Hillary Clinton at CPAC 2014 @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann slammed Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration during her speech at CPAC 2014, saying "We will have a woman president. Just the right one." Photo: ...
- [video] If You Invested $10K at Dow Bottom, Five Years Ago @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
If you perfectly timed the market, and got in at the very bottom five years ago, how much would a 10K investment be worth now? WSJ's Jason Bellini reports.
- [video] Gogo Demos Inflight Phone Calling at SXSW @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Personal Tech Columnist Geoffrey Fowler took to the skies over Austin, Texas, to try what many people dread: the in-flight phone call.
- [video] Malaysian Transport Minister on Search for Missing Flight @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Malaysia's acting transport minister describes the search efforts underway to locate Malaysian airlines flight MH370. Air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane's pilots around 2:40 a.m. Saturday ...
- [video] Loved Ones Await News of Malaysia Airlines Flight @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Family members of passengers on board MH370 eagerly await news of what happened to the Boeing 777-200ER enroute to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur. The WSJ's Wayne Ma tells us many of families didn't find out ...
- Consumer Reports’ top car picks mostly right @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
Despite the publication’s uncomfortably broad definition of reliability, auto makers still clamor to get on the Consumer Reports recommended vehicle list.
- [video] Delay in Locating Missing Airliner is 'Odd': Expert @ MarketWatch - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, carrying 239 people, has been missing since early Saturday morning after losing contact while somewhere between Malaysia and Vietnam. The WSJ's Deborah Kan speaks to aviation ...
- It's already a bubble @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:13 PM EST
Here's everything a Revolution Investor needs to be reading into the weekend.
- [audio] Newscast: Stocks mixed, but S&P 500 hits new high @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:29 PM EST
Steve Orr reports on Bed Bath & Beyond's sales troubles in the wake of this winter's storms.
- Russia stocks suffer worst week since May 2012 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:26 PM EST
An earlier version of Emerging Markets Report incorrectly identified the country that owes Gazprom $1.89 billion. It is Ukraine.
- [video] Artists Pair Up for 'Chain Reaction' @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:24 PM EST
Artists teamed up for "Artist Chain Reaction," working over several days on installations in the Bronx in hopes of winning a $1,000 prize. Photo by Agaton Strom for The Wall Street Journal.
- [video] Yulia Tymoshenko Re-Enters Political Spotlight @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Ukraine's former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko is back on the world stage, freed after more than two years in prison. Some think she may be planning a political comeback – but would it work? Via The ...
- [video] Jerry Seib: The U.S. and Russia, Its Complicated @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:04 PM EST
The United States is surveying the world to see possible trouble spots in its relationship with Russia. As the government continues to take a hard line with Russia's advancement into Ukraine, it has many ...
- [video] Portuguese Economy Gets Lift From Shoe Industry @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:29 PM EST
In Portugal, shoe manufacturers have defied IMF and EU cost-cutting recommendations by raising employee wages and investing in new technology. It's a strategy that is helping the industry recover. But ...
- J.P. Morgan whistleblower awarded $64 million @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:29 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. whistleblower Keith Edwards will be awarded $63.9 million for his part in the case alleging the firm gave false information to the government, according ...
- [video] At CPAC, Rand Paul Delivers Civil Liberties Plea @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:26 PM EST
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul received several ovations at the Conservative Political Action Conference Friday, after giving a stinging indictment of President Barack Obama and an impassioned plea to defend ...
- Here's how the S&P 500 gets to 2,600 next year @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:26 PM EST
MarketWatch charts what would happen if the S&P 500 follows past bull-market streaks into a sixth year.
- [video] Opinion: Putin Throws Down the Gauntlet @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Global View columnist Bret Stephens on why the Russian strongman continues to carve up Ukraine. Photo: Getty Images
- Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:54 PM EST
The dollar turns broadly higher after data shows the U.S. economy in February added more jobs than expected.
- [video] Logitech CEO on Bright Spots in Tech Landscape @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:51 PM EST
What can the tech industry cheer for amid declining PC sales? On strong sales of peripherals, Logitech raised its outlook for 2015 and announced a $250 million share buyback. Logitech CEO Bracken Darrell ...
- Bed, Bath & Beyond cuts forecast @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:50 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Bed, Bath & Beyond Inc. on Friday cut its fiscal fourth-quarter outlook after snowstorms led to 464 times a store was closed for a full day and 1,923 times a store was closed ...
- Stocks close mostly higher after jobs report beats forecasts: stock market live blog recap @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:45 PM EST
We live blogged the U.S. stock market's action on Friday, as investors react to a better-than-expected jobs report.
- [video] Four Ways to Get Your Student More Financial Aid @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:43 PM EST
College financial-aid season is in full swing, and there are many families who are too well-off on paper to qualify yet do not earn enough to pay for a full ride. AnnaMaria Andriotis joins the News Hub ...
- [video] CPAC Forecasts Wide-Open 2016 Field @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:42 PM EST
The 2016 GOP presidential field will look different than any other in decades, due to the likely lack of an anointed frontrunner or elder statesman in the field. Rebecca Ballhaus joins the News Hub. Photos: ...
- [video] Geneva Highlights: Maserati, McLaren, Volvo @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Dan Neil joins the News Hub from the Geneva Motor Show with a look how the crisis in Ukraine is affecting the auto show.
- Stocks end mostly higher; S&P 500 notches record @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:38 PM EST
U.S. stocks end mostly higher, extending a weekly winning streak and with the S&P 500 setting the latest in a string of record finishes, but trim early post-jobs report gains.
- Boeing to inspect 787 Dreamliner wings for cracks @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:34 PM EST
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Boeing Co. said Friday it is inspecting 42 of its 787 Dreamliner commercial aircraft for hairline cracks caused by a manufacturing flaw. According to the Wall Street Journal, ...
- What's behind Big Lots' 23% stock surge? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:34 PM EST
At first glance, the investor fervor that drove up Big Lots Inc.'s stock by as much as 23% was a head-scratcher.
- [audio] Newscast: Stocks mixed on jobs data @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Steve Orr reports on the closing numbers, including the S&P 500's fresh record high, and a surge for Coupons.com in its stock market debut.
- [video] Bitcoin: Why Should You Care? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Bitcoin is big news this week, but if you don't own the currency why should you care? From coding to crime, governments, banks and the end of money, the Wall Street Journal's Simon Constable explains.
- EBay among decliners on weak day for tech stocks @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Tech stocks are seeing mixed trading Friday, with the sector trying to close the week out with gains on a day highlighted by the latest round of insults between investor Carl Icahn and eBay Inc.
- Plug Power ends the week up 75% @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Shares of fuel-cell supplier Plug Power Inc. soar 30% on Friday, ending the week up more than 75% as the tide rising Plug Power’s boat also lifts other fuel-cell stocks.
- Skullcandy soars; Alpha Natural skids on downgrade @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Upbeat earnings reports help to propel Skullcandy up more than 40% while Alpha Natural Resources skids following a downgrade from Goldman Sachs.
- [video] Photos of the Day – Inside an Indian Rubber Farm @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
In today's pictures, students crowd around for a massage training course in China, a horse rider gallops across a beach in France, customers wait in line for a barber in India, and much more. Photo: AP...
- Foot Locker closes at a record high @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Foot Locker Inc. , the largest U.S. athletic-specialty shoe retailer, saw its shares surge 8.8% to close at a record high of $46.50. The New York-based company delivered a better-than-expected ...
- [video] Opinion: Chris Christie's Comeback at CPAC @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:58 PM EST
University of Virginia Center for Politics director Larry Sabato on how the New Jersey governor fared at the annual conservative conference. Photo: Getty Images
- [video] Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Hits New Milestone, and More @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:58 PM EST
What’s New: Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway is now worth more than $300 billion for the first time. Russia threatens to cut natural gas supplies to Ukraine. Coupons.com IPO surge 95% in market debut. ...
- Companies issue second most weekly debt on record @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:53 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. companies sold the second most amount of debt on record this week as corporate issuers took advantage of low interest rates to enter the market. Companies such as General ...
- [video] Robert Rodriguez Launches El Rey @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez discusses how he went from feature film to creating the El Rey Network for television.
- 'Botox' Bob Costas and the truth (?) behind his goopy-eyed Olympics @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:48 PM EST
A N.Y. Post report ignites debate as to what caused Bob Costas's pink eye during the Winter Olympics.
- [video] Ironman Athletes Thrive with High-Tech Gear @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:47 PM EST
The Ironman triathlon is a grueling test of endurance, and a universe of fitness tracking devices are making this herculean race accessible to the everyman. Alexandra Wolfe reports on Lunch Break. Photo: ...