- Not watching the Super Bowl? Do this instead @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
It’s a good time to dine in that restaurant where you can never get a table.
- 7 cruises for people who hate cruises @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Classically trained chefs, fine linens, fewer guests, and other perks of small-ship cruises
- Why one economist says buying a home is overrated @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Renting isn’t such a bad idea
- Charlotte beats Denver — at least on this measure @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
A different way sports fans can judge Charlotte and Denver.
- Bad buybacks and nine other money stories you may have missed @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Negative bond yields and Apple’s virtual-reality foray were among topics covered by MarketWatch this week.
- 5 most profitable housing markets in America @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Sellers in these five counties have made a 49% or better return on their real-estate investment.
- How far can you go on $50 in gas? @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
With gas prices so low, you can travel pretty far on just $50.
- This is the bestselling automobile in America @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
Ford took a gamble, and won: The F-150 still reigns supreme.
- How to know if your tax preparer is a crook @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
Independent tax preparers are less regulated than hair stylists
- Recession in the U.S.? It’s not happening, CEOs say @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 7:11 PM EST
From cars to coffee, top executives see the economy differently, writes Michael Brush.
- Why so many pro athletes run into tax troubles @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 5:44 PM EST
After extensive research and deep thought, here’s my take on the root causes of pro athletes’ tax troubles.
- Investors dump stocks, scoop up bonds for 5th straight week @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 5:32 PM EST
Investors have been eschewing equities in favor of the perceived safety of bonds since the beginning of the year, as stock markets have taken a beating and oil prices have cratered.
- What to do instead of watching the Super Bowl, and why the Carolina Panthers should win @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 5:20 PM EST
What to do instead of watching the Super Bowl, and why the Carolina Panthers should win.
- China’s forex reserves poised for another record drop MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 5:09 PM EST
Investors will closely watch the People’s Bank of China on Sunday as it releases its foreign exchange reserves data for January, which could fuel fears that Beijing is running out of ammunition to defend ...
- This is how the oil rout’s ‘endgame’ might play out @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 5:00 PM EST
The rout in oil prices is entering its “endgame,” but that doesn’t mean crude prices will skyrocket soon, says Guggenheim’s Scott Minerd, who last spring warned that crude could break below $30 a barrel....
- LinkedIn loses more than a Twitter’s worth of market cap @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:55 PM EST
LinkedIn Corp.’s market capitalization has tumbled $11 bilion on Friday, after issuing a weak outlook, which is more than Twitter Inc.’s total market cap of $10.7 billion.
- Dollar strengthens against euro, yen after jobs data @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:52 PM EST
The dollar strengthened against the yen and the euro on Friday after the Labor Department’s report on job gains in January.
- Nasdaq slammed as rout in tech drives stocks to largest weekly drop in a month @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:52 PM EST
A rout in tech stocks—highlighted by LinkedIn Corp.’s massive drop after the business-oriented social network delivered a poor outlook—helped U.S. equities post their largest weekly drop in a month.
- These Super Bowl bound Carolina Panthers could manage your money @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:50 PM EST
If the NFL doesn’t work out for these Carolina Panthers players, well, maybe they’ve got a future on Wall Street.
- Is this robocall illegal? The line blurs for people with student debt @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:49 PM EST
Companies that collect student loan payments on behalf of the Department of Education are allowed to robocall consumers thanks to a provision in the recent budget bill.
- How recent college graduates are faring — in 3 charts @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:46 PM EST
It appears things may be looking up for this group as the economy recovers.
- This woman turned her crushing student loan debt into art @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:45 PM EST
The art exhibit “Crushing Debt” highlights the ways the $1.3 trillion in student debt is affecting Americans, particularly artists.
- Is this the worst 'good’ food to feed your kids? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:43 PM EST
New federal guidelines state that no more than 10% of a person’s calories should come from added sugar, but parents should be careful when offering all-fruit products that have little fiber to offset their ...
- Here’s how much Obama’s oil tax would add to the price of gasoline @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:39 PM EST
If President Barack Obama’s proposal to levy a $10-a-barrel tax on oil is approved, drivers could suffer more than the oil companies.
- 20 ways bosses fire you without actually saying ‘you’re fired’ @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:35 PM EST
What ‘spending time with my family’ can really mean
- Worried about the Zika virus? Some airlines, cruise lines offering refunds and credits @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:31 PM EST
The CDC recommends travelers take “enhanced precautions.”
- GoPro rallies after patent licensing deal with Microsoft @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:30 PM EST
Shares of GoPro Inc. rose 5% in late trading Friday after Microsoft Corp. announced a patent licensing deal with the wearable camera for certain file storage and other system technologies. Terms were kept ...
- Why 1 in 5 millennials say they’re taking on personal loans @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:17 PM EST
Easy-to-get personal loans have quietly gained ground in the last few years as startups and online lenders have found funding.
- When Polls Lie: Don't Believe the Hype @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:06 PM EST
MarketWatch's Catey Hill and Quentin Fottrell dive into the world of polling and take a look at why polls are not always what they seem. From consumer pollsters, to government data, and why Donald Trump ...
- U.S. stocks finish lower, post steep weekly losses @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 4:04 PM EST
U.S. stocks sold off on Friday to end the week with steep losses after two straight weeks of gains. Technology shares saw the biggest losses this week with the tech heavy Nasdaq Composite closing down ...
- U.S. consumer credit rose by $23.1 billion in December @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:58 PM EST
Consumer credit grew at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $21.3 billion or 7.2%, the Federal Reserve said Friday.
- Mutual Funds vs. ETFs — Which Is Right for You? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:57 PM EST
If you're looking to invest in stocks, two good options are mutual funds or their financial cousins, Exchange-Traded Funds, also known as ETFs. Here's a look at the pros and cons.
- What the ATM of the future will look like @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:40 PM EST
Despite mobile-payment options, cash isn’t going away any time soon
- Has the Dow found support? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:33 PM EST
Having bounced once already, it is possible that the current downtrend could be running out of steam, if the market is truly putting in a short-term bottom.
- Twitter has suspended more than 125,000 accounts promoting terrorist acts since mid-2015 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:25 PM EST
Twitter Inc. said Friday that it has suspended more than 125,000 Twitter accounts for "threatening or promoting terrorist acts" since the middle of 2015. Most of the tweets were related to ISIS, ...
- Treasury yields close at 10-month low as investors flee stocks for safer assets @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:20 PM EST
Treasury yields tumbled Friday as the selloff in stocks intensified in the wake of January’s heavily scrutinized jobs report, pushing investors into safer assets like bonds.
- It’s time to swap that pricey cauliflower for these superfoods @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:14 PM EST
As affordable cauliflower becomes harder to find, prices for almonds and avocados decrease
- Why you won’t see ads on Facebook for these companies @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:13 PM EST
Marijuana media companies face roadblocks in financial services and advertising.
- Oil futures lose more than 8% for the week @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:13 PM EST
Oil futures posted a hefty weekly loss pressured by ongoing worries about a global glut of supplies.
- Super Bowl ad or not, it’s pretty hard to get a mortgage in 8 minutes @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:11 PM EST
Quicken Loans’ Rocket Mortgage claims to offer an 8-minute mortgage, but it will probably take longer than that - and that’s okay.
- Taste the whiskey that Peyton Manning won’t try @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 3:08 PM EST
This distillery keeps trying to make the Super Bowl quarterback a fan.
- Gold futures tally best weekly gain since August @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:59 PM EST
Gold prices move little on Friday, but score their largest weekly gain since August.
- Can my 40-year-old long-lost daughter get my estate? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:52 PM EST
He fathered a child during a teenage fling — they didn’t get along.
- Obama Comments on Falling Unemployment @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:45 PM EST
President Barack Obama shared details of the latest jobs report showing unemployment at its lowest level since 2008 and higher wages as signs of a recovering U.S. economy. Photo: Reuters
- Oil futures finish with a loss of more than 8% for the week @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:39 PM EST
Oil futures settled lower on Friday, pressured by the ongoing glut of crude supplies and data pointing to a lack of significant declines in global output. March West Texas Intermediate crude prices fell ...
- Trump takes New Hampshire snow day after spending night in New York @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:33 PM EST
Donald Trump rescheduled an event in New Hampshire on Friday due to snow in the Granite State, but could he have made it there anyway? If he stayed in-state instead of flying home to New York, perhaps....
- Jessica Alba’s Honest Co. is reportedly working on an IPO @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:17 PM EST
Jessica Alba’s natural and eco-friendly Honest Company is working on a deal to go public, according to a Bloomberg report.
- Here’s the real-time win probability for the Super Bowl @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:16 PM EST
Here is the real-time win probability for the Super Bowl match-up between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos.
- This is why the Carolina Panthers should win the Super Bowl @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:12 PM EST
NFL teams that are worth less have been winning the Super Bowl every other year.
- This dog walker probably makes more money than you do @ MarketWatch - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:00 PM EST
Plus: 5 tips to become a better dog owner.