- Historic climate march winds through New York City @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Tens of thousands of marchers take to the streets of New York City on Sunday in support of action on climate change.
- White House fence jumper was carrying knife @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
The man who jumped the White House fence Friday night and ran inside the executive mansion was carrying a knife, a U.S. Secret Service agent said in an affidavit, contradicting initial reports from the ...
- Smooth path for economy remains elusive @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
After experiencing a series of ups and downs since the end of a recession in mid-2009, the U.S. economy appears poised for a smoother ride in the year ahead. Or does it? The signals, as usual, are ...
- [video] Oktoberfest Opens in Munich @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Mayor Dieter Reiter of Munich tapped the first keg on the opening day of Germany's famous beer festival. Millions are expected to visit the event which runs until Oct. 5. Photo/Video: AP
- 10 biggest market-moving events of the week @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 3:53 PM EDT
Scotland’s vote, beer battles and Alibaba’s IPO led the news, writes Phil van Doorn.
- Thousands of Syrian Kurds flee Islamic State fighters @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 11:17 AM EDT
Thousands of Syrian Kurds flee into Turkey to escape Islamic State fighters who were threatening to seize a strategic Syrian border town.
- California dreamin’: Ferrari chairman’s departing gift @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 9:37 AM EDT
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo has been forced out as Ferrari’s chairman, but not before delivering the redesigned, turbocharged version of the wildly popular California.
- Alibaba IPO bulls are missing some red flags @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 7:37 AM EDT
The ecommerce giant’s odd corporate structure that could create headaches for investors down the road.
- 3 fast ways to gauge your financial health @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Are you on track financially? It’s time to figure it out.
- BMW 2-series convertible comes to U.S. in 2015 @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
The BMW 2-series coupe stands as one of the most fun, focused vehicles currently offered by the German auto maker, particularly in the not-quite-an-M-car M235i spec. It’s coming to the U.S. in 2015.
- Seven things to know about Alibaba’s huge IPO @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:16 PM EDT
Here are all the pertinent factoids about the IPO.
- Carnival expected to showcase cruise industry recovery @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:18 PM EDT
Carnival Corp. reports third-quarter earnings on Tuesday, with investors keen on the cruise-line operator’s early thoughts on the 2015 season.
- Oil pressured by glut fears, dollar rally @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:16 PM EDT
Oil’s slide continues on fears of a supply glut and a dollar rally.
- [video] Ratings Pro: Alibaba Looks Stronger Than Facebook @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:15 PM EDT
Rapid Ratings President and CEO James Gellert joins MoneyBeat and explains why he sees Alibaba's IPO being stronger than Facebook's. Photo: Getty.
- 10 things retirees won’t say @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:12 PM EDT
For many retirees, the big trip to Hawaii is a pipe dream.
- [video] Analysis: How Can the U.S. Defeat ISIS? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:10 PM EDT
The Islamic State is threatening to seize a strategically-located town on the Syrian border. What will it take for the U.S. to contain the threat? Retired U.S. Army Maj. Mike Lyons joins the News Hub. ...
- [video] Can the NFL Survive Its Domestic Abuse Scandals? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:08 PM EDT
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced new personal conduct policies for the league. Will the NFL's response satisfy critics? NYU professor Dave Hollander joins the News Hub. Photo: Getty.
- Need to Know has moved! Please read @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:08 PM EDT
Need to Know recently moved to a new location. You can find NTK updates regularly on the MarketWatch homepage or by bookmarking this link.
- S&P 500 dips, Dow ekes out another record: Stock market live blog recap @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:06 PM EDT
We're live-blogging all the action on stocks on Friday.
- Moody's affirms France's credit rating, keeps negative outlook @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:04 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Moody's affirmed its Aa1 rating on France's government bonds Friday, and said it is maintaining a negative outlook. The rating agency said its outlook reflects "agency's ...
- Live blog: World's biggest IPO Alibaba debuts at $92.70 a share @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba will debut this morning on the New York Stock Exchange as the biggest public offering of all time. The company founded by Jack Ma in 1999, will raise as much as $22 billion....
- [video] There's Income in Those Empty Rooms at Home @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:58 PM EDT
Have an empty room at home? There could be an extra source of income for homeowners. WSJ CIO Journal deputy editor Steven Rosenbush joins the News Hub with Sara Murray. Photo: Getty.
- A full night’s sleep can really pay off -- in salary and investments @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:46 PM EDT
Research shows that those who get a good night’s sleep are usually more productive at work, and make better investors.
- [video] NFL Commissioner Says He Has Not Considered Resigning @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:45 PM EDT
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday he has not considered resigning from his position, despite criticism of the league’s recent handling of domestic-abuse cases among players. Photo/Video: AP
- Have White House tourists heard of Alibaba? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:43 PM EDT
Alibaba just had the biggest initial public offering in U.S. history. But how many everyday people know anything about the massive Chinese online company? In search of answers, MarketWatch went to the ...
- Jack Ma's net worth balloons to more than $18 billion @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:42 PM EDT
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Jack Ma saw his stake in Alibaba balloon to more than $18 billion Friday afternoon as the Chinese ecommerce giant finished its first day of public trading, according to a report ...
- Fitch affirms Triple-A rating for U.S. @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:42 PM EDT
Rating agency cites the nation’s ‘unparalleled financing flexibility’ as issuer of the world’s main reserve currency.
- The retirement problem your financial adviser can't solve MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
Health-care and long-term care costs are hard to predictâ€”and some top financial software programs basically ignore them.
- [video] Andre Harrell on Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:19 PM EDT
Music industry veteran Andre Harrell talks to the WSJ’s Lee Hawkins about the success of Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.” Photo: Associated Press
- [video] Scottish Leader Salmond to Resign, and More @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:16 PM EDT
What's News: Alex Salmond, leader of the Scottish National Party is resigning after the independence referendum is defeated. Alibaba shares soar in IPO. GlaxoSmithKline found guilty of bribery in China. ...
- [video] Andre Harrell Reveals Why He Fired Sean Combs @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
Andre Harrell talks to the WSJ’s Lee Hawkins about the reasoning behind his decision to fire Sean Combs as his A&R at Uptown Records. Photo Associated Press
- [video] Andre Harrell Discusses New Post at Diddy’s Network @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:13 PM EDT
Music industry veteran Andre Harrell talks to the WSJ’s Lee Hawkins about the forthcoming Revolt TV Music Conference in Miami and his storied career as one of the top executives in the Hip-Hop and R&B ...
- [video] NFL Commissioner: New Conduct Policy to Be Implemented @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:12 PM EDT
In response to recent domestic-abuse cases in the NFL, commissioner Roger Goodell announced Friday that he is working to complete a new conduct policy for its players and employees "by the Super Bowl." ...
- Stocks end week higher; Dow at record @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average end the eventful week with gains after rising to record highs on Friday.
- 5 photos that capture the Alibaba trading debut @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
A dispatch from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
- [audio] Newscast: Alibaba surges 38%, stocks up for week @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
Alibaba's debut is a hit on Wall Street, stock benchmarks post weekly gains. Adrienne Mitchell reports.
- Oracle falls on earnings, Ellison move; Alibaba soars on debut @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:08 PM EDT
Oracle slides after reporting quarterly earnings and announcing that its CEO Larry Ellison will leave his post and become the company’s executive chairman. Alibaba lives up to the hype and surged 38% on ...
- [audio] Click 'Reply All' and despair @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
Best of MarketWatch Radio Network: A moving millennials story, workplace bullying, and the curse of "Reply All."
- Is it time to move beyond the active vs. passive investing debate? Vote! @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
Experts at this week's Morningstar ETF Conference in Chicago said that it's time to move beyond the active vs. passive debate. Check out the video clips featuring their takes, then give your opinion in ...
- Time to worry? Russell 2000 'death cross' looms @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:29 PM EDT
The Russell 2000 chart is getting awfully close to posting a "death cross." It's causing some alarm, but it may not be as scary as it looks.
- Treasury yields fall as investors reassess Fed @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:26 PM EDT
U.S. Treasury yields decline as investors continue to rethink their reaction to the Fed statement.
- [video] Opinion: Kissel's Weekly Opinion Wrap @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:24 PM EDT
Editorial Board Member Mary Kissel wraps up the week's commentary and highlights her not-to-miss picks. Photo: Associated Press
- [video] Kerry Washington Discusses Domestic Violence @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:15 PM EDT
“Scandal” actress Kerry Washington talks about domestic violence and financial abuse and her non-profit work in that area, in an interview with WSJ’s Lee Hawkins. Photo: Associated Press
- Apple is overshadowed by Alibaba IPO @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:11 PM EDT
It is a rare day when good news about the iPhone does not lead to a surge in Apple Inc.’s stock, but that’s what happened on Friday, when the iPhone 6 went on sale around the world as Wall Street was focused ...
- [video] Opinion: Senate Turns Hawkish on Russia’s Putin @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:59 PM EDT
Atlantic Council Senior Fellow Adrian Karatnycky on President Poroshenko’s Congressional address. Photo: House TV
- [video] Capital Journal: America's Plan Against ISIS @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:57 PM EDT
President Obama has taken action to approve a limited military campaign in an attempt to destroy the new and growing threat of the Islamic State. WSJ Pentagon corespondent Julian Barnes explains.
- Post-it-note-eating insider-trading middleman charged @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
The Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday charged the alleged middle man in an insider-trading scheme -- who notably ate the evidence he was trying to conceal.
- [audio] Newscast: Alibaba surges, Apple near flat @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:27 PM EDT
Alibaba surges in its Wall Street debut. iPhone store lines don't boost Apple stock. Adrienne Mitchell reports.
- This 1 chart exposes climate-science deniers as frauds @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:24 PM EDT
The old climate science vs. science-denialism soap opera is dead.
- [video] Opinion: A Truly United Kingdom @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:21 PM EDT
Wonder Land Columnist Dan Henninger on Scotland’s decision to remain in the United Kingdom and what to expect next. Photo: Associated Press