- Obama praises Bernanke; mum on successor @ MarketWatch - 59 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- President Barack Obama offered praise for Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on Monday, though he declined to comment on a possible successor. In an interview on the Charlie ...
- [video] Economists Jittery Over Fed's View of Economy @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Jon Hilsenrath explains how Wall Street is watching the Federal Reserve with wary eyes as it feels the Fed has overestimated economic growth which could result in the tapering of its bond-buying program....
- [video] Cote on Difference Between Government and Business @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Honeywell CEO David M. Cote tells the CFO Network in Washington, D.C., why business requires a different business model to government.
- China home prices rise further in May @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Chinese housing prices in the nation's largest cities maintained their upward trend in May, according to data out Tuesday from the National Bureau of Statistics. In its survey ...
- Hong Kong stocks off as China banks, property down @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong stocks on Tuesday pulled back after a two-day rally amid uncertainty over the pace of the U.S. Federal Reserve's bond purchases, with Chinese property developers dropping ...
- Australia sees scope for more rate cuts: minutes @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- The Reserve Bank of Australia is ready to cut interest rates further if need be, according to the minutes from its June 4 meeting, released Tuesday. The RBA's policy board ...
- [video] Cote Calls Cyber Security 'A New Kind of Warfare' @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Honeywell CEO and Chairman David M. Cote says the world is looking at cyber security backward because "nobody's getting physically hurt." He says nations need to form treaties to deal with the ...
- [video] Honeywell CEO: Cut Debt by $3-4 Trillion @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Speaking at the WSJ's CFO Network in Washington, D.C., Honeywell CEO and Chairman David M. Cote says the national deb must be cut by at least $3-4 trillion, starting with entitlements.
- Australia stocks fall ahead of Fed, RBA updates @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) - Stocks in Australia fell early Tuesday, with investors waiting for word about possible future monetary policy moves from both the U.S. Federal Reserve and the Reserve Bank of ...
- Japan stocks on path for 3rd straight day of gains @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Japanese stocks rose Tuesday to stay on course for a third straight day of gains, with the real-estate, insurance and brokerage firms advancing alongside exporters after a strong ...
- [video] The Five Best Employers for Boomer Workers @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
AARP has released a list of the nation's best employers that offer perks like flexible schedules, telecommuting and health benefits to recruit experienced staff. MarketWatch's Jim Jelter discusses which ...
- Studies offer hope for Obamacare, but the picture remains incomplete @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Two studies from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation released on Monday offer a glimpse of hope for President Obama's health-care overhaul initiative -- but the picture remains incomplete, its authors say....
- [video] Get That Tesla Before Your Home State Says 'No!' @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
The state of North Carolina may pass a law banning sales of Tesla cars in favor of protecting the business of car dealership franchises, forcing Tesla consumers like Artis Beatty to act quickly with their ...
- Bernanke likely to signal tapering: Financial Times @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
A reduction in the Fed's $85 billion-per-month asset purchase program is close, according to the Financial Times. Bernanke will signal to markets Wednesday that the strength of the economy will soon justify ...
- [video] WSJ's Photos of the Day - June 17, 2013 @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
In today's pictures, a boy jumps into a public swimming pool in Germany, federal agents look for Jimmy Hoffa's remains, and more.
- 4 things traders should know for the next 24 hours @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
4 things that traders should know for the next 24 hours in the financial markets include what to expect for G8 headlines and how to trade the housing starts data.
- [video] The Next 24: G-8 Could Change Oil Calculus @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Korn/Ferry reports after the bell. Amid rising tensions in Syria, the G-8 may be an occasion to remind markets that they have the option to release strategic reserves. XHB could keep rallying. Victor Reklaitis ...
- [video] 'Man of Steel' May Give DC Comics More Superpowers @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
A blockbuster opening for "Man of Steel" this past weekend paves the way for Time Warner's Warner Bros. to rev up its efforts to challenge Walt Disney's Marvel Entertainment in the superhero ...
- Stock market's new leadership tells a tale of the (Fed) taper @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Higher volatility signals a shift in market leadership, Bank of America Merrill Lynch strategists note.
- GenMark slides after-hours on revenue cut @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Among after-hours movers, GenMark Diagnostics trims its annual revenue view, sending the company’s shares tumbling in after-hours trade.
- Chips, Netflix lead techs higher @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Micron, SanDisk and AMD are highlights in the chip rally, while Netflix jumps on DreamWorks Animation deal.
- Energy stocks top S&P 500 sector gainers @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Energy stocks rise, following the broader U.S. stock market on a rally ahead of this week’s Federal Open Market Committee meeting.
- Google settles suit vs nonvoting stock plan @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Google settles a suit filed by shareholders opposed to the creation of nonvoting stock.
- [video] Snowden Sounds Off on Obama, China, Tech Companies @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor behind a series of revelations about secret government surveillance programs, participated in an online forum Monday with the Guardian. Devlin Barrett has some ...
- Spotlight on economy: Home building, consumer inflation @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Construction on new U.S. homes likely snapped back in May after a disappointing April, but consumer inflation almost certainly won't flash any danger signs.
- Monday’s movers: Netflix leads S&P 500 @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Netflix rallies over 7%, closing out the session as the best stock in both the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq 100, on the back of a programming deal with DreamWorks Animation.
- [video] Obama and Rohani: The World's Most Intriguing Duo @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Barack Obama, meet Hassan Rohani. Now that we've dispensed with the formalities, let the testing begin. Jerry Seib weighs in on the most important and intriguing new relationship in the world.
- Netflix jabs Amazon, scoring deal with DreamWorks @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Netflix aims at Amazon in inking an original-series agreement that focuses on DreamWorks’s animated titles.
- Court papers show Shell, Eni maneuvering for Nigerian oil block @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
OPL245, an oil block offshore Nigeria, would be unremarkable -- except court documents have documented the hoops Royal Dutch Shell PLC and Italy's Eni SpA had to go through to secure the block, shedding ...
- Stocks rise; Fed feeds Dow’s triple-digit moves @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
U.S. stocks surge Monday, with the Dow extending its triple-digit moves into a fifth session, as investors await Wednesday’s FOMC decision.lic two days.
- Forced to play the game till the next crash @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
The cross currents in the markets and the economy and especially in the political world are swarming faster than ever. As always, it's crucial to step back and get some perspective on what is dominating ...
- [video] Samsung’s Next Big Thing is Jay-Z, and More @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
What’s News: Samsung is buying and giving away one million copies of Jay-Z’s new album. Supreme Court strikes down Arizona’s voter ID law. Google settles shareholder class action lawsuit over its new Class ...
- Dollar snaps four-day lose streak against yen @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
The U.S. dollar gains against the Japanese yen, snapping a four-day losing streak, ahead of the Fed’s policy decision later this week.
- U.S. stocks rebound from weekly hit on Fed focus @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - U.S. stocks surged Monday, with the Dow industrials extending their triple-digit moves into a fifth session, as investors latched onto any clues ahead of Wednesday's monetary-policy ...
- ViroPharma soars on buyout rumors @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Shares of ViroPharma Inc. soar by 9% as the biopharmaceutical company reportedly draws interest from several suitors for a sale.
- Bond links: Bill Gross on the path forward @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
In today’s bond linkfest, we have links to a Q&A with Bill Gross, a column on what the true unemployment rate is, and another discussing the state of affairs in Detroit regarding their bond situation.
- Oil prices end lower, back below $98 @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Crude-oil futures give up gains that came as investors worry that violence in Syria could spread to other countries in the oil-rich Middle East.
- [video] Netflix Scores Deal With DreamWorks, and More @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
What’s News: DreamWorks signs a deal to produce original series for Netflix, the latest salvo in Netflix’s fight with Amazon. U.S. prosecutors charge nine people in immigration probe at 7-Eleven franchises. ...
- Animated map plots global oil production growth @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
The Middle East led global oil output last year, churning out 24.1 million barrels of oil a day. Production in Africa rebounded, accelerated in North America, and declined further in Europe, according ...
- 'Paradigm shift' to send gold sliding to $1,200 an ounce: SocGen @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Gold has tumbled further and faster than even the bears at Societe Generale thought in April, leading the bank on Monday to cut its year-end forecast for the yellow metal even more -- to $1,200 an ounce....
- [video] Opinion: Iran’s Mythical ‘Moderate’ @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
WSJ assistant books editor Sohrab Ahmari on the results of Iran's recent presidential election. Photos: Associated Press
- [video] Opinion: Yes, There Really Is a Bike Lobby @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
WSJ Tikvah fellow Alex Kazam says New York's all-powerful bike lobby really does exist--despite vociferous claims to the contrary. Photos: Getty Images
- Oil erases gain, ends down 8 cents at $97.77 @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Crude oil for July delivery on Monday dipped 8 cents to settle at $97.77 a barrel, after spending most of the day showing a gain on concerns about the rising tensions in Syria. ...
- [video] Opinion: Will SCOTUS Stop the Bank Shakedowns? @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Editorial page editor Paul Gigot on the Supreme Court's decision to rule on the legality of disparate impact, a theory which allegedly proves discrimination through statistics. Photos: Getty Images
- [video] Best Apps for Non-Distracted Driving @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
It’s easier to resist the urge to check your phone during driving if you use some of these apps. All Things D’s Liz Gannes joins digits. Photo: Getty Images.
- Facebook unveiling Instagram video feature, similar to Twitter's Vine: report @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Facebook will reportedly roll out a new video feature for Instagram this week.
- [video] Opinion: President In Absentia @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Editorial page editor Paul Gigot on the U.S.’s absent commander-in-chief. Photos: Getty Images
- Amazon aims to vanquish the ghost of Webvan @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
With retailers including Amazon [wsj-quote ticker="AMZN" name="Amazon.com Inc." realTimeChannel="/quotes/nls/amzn" channel="/quotes/zigman/63011" id="quote_1205765"]and ...
- [audio] Newscast: 'Pay to delay' case gets SCOTUS approval @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Wall Street bets the Federal Reserve won't veer off course, and the Supreme Court greenlights a federal antitrust case against "pay to delay."
- [video] 'Uncommon Knowledge:' Sen. Rand Paul Interviewed @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Sen. Rand Paul (R., KY) sits down with Peter Robinson to discuss the origin of his political philosophy, the debate over immigration reform, the roll out of Affordable Care Act, his stance on abortion, ...