- [video] SpaceX Dragon Leaves International Space Station @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
The SpaceX Dragon supply craft left the International Space Station on Saturday, Oct. 25 after a month-long stay. WSJ's Carly Marsh reports. Photo/Video: YouTube/NASA
- Ebola-exposed nurse tests negative in New Jersey @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Ebola fears in the U.S. intensified this week after the first case of Ebola in New York City was confirmed. Here is a roundup of the biggest Ebola stories from the past two days.
- Liberal Democrats seek Clinton alternative for 2016 @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Searching for an alternative to a relatively centrist Hillary Clinton in 2016, some left-tilting Democratic donors are sounding out potential challengers.
- Buy Apple and sell Google if you can own only one @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
The fortunes of the two companies are heading in different directions, writes Jeff Reeves.
- The city with the cheapest beer in America is… @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Both beer and wine prices can vary by almost 100% depending on what city you’re in.
- [video] Dallas Nurse Is Cured of Ebola, and More @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 7:19 PM EDT
Dallas nurse Nina Pham has been declared free of the Ebola virus. About 25 eurozone banks to fail ECB stress tests. Queen Elizabeth tweets. Joanne Po reports. Photo: AP
- [video] New Yorkers React to City's First Ebola Case @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 7:04 PM EDT
As news that Ebola has arrived in New York spread throughout the city, some residents and tourists reacted to the news with relative calm.
- Authorities capture Calif. shooter of 3 deputies: reports @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 7:01 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Law enforcement officials on Friday captured a suspect in the killing of a sheriff's deputy and the wounding of two others and a bystander in two Northern California counties, ...
- [video] Photos of the Week: From Sparkling Celebrations to Canadian Tragedy @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:46 PM EDT
In this week’s photos, bishops in golden robes at the Vatican, sparkling Diwali celebrations in Vrindavan, tragedy and honors in Canada, and more. Photo: AFP/Getty Images
- [video] Washington Power Brokers Race to the Rooftops @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:45 PM EDT
A strictly nonpartisan battle is under way among Washington, D.C.'s power brokers and party planners--for rooftops with the best views. Photo: Aaron Clamage
- [video] Google Scientist Sets Record in 135,000-Foot Jump @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:45 PM EDT
Alan Eustace jumped from over 135,000 feet on Friday, setting a fresh world altitude record from a high-altitude balloon. He remained in free fall for approximately four minutes and 30 seconds before landing ...
- [video] In Brazil, Citizens Are Split Over Mandatory Voting @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:34 PM EDT
Election day in Brazil is a big deal, in part because voting is mandatory. Ahead of the presidential election, WSJ's Loretta Chao spoke about the voting laws with Sao Paulo residents.
- [video] 'Lord of the Rings' Stars Featured in Safety Video @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:33 PM EDT
Need some more "Lord of the Rings" in your pre-flight announcement? Some airlines are giving their safety demo's a serious over-haul, with top-notch production, choreography and even celebrity ...
- [audio] Newscast: Wall Street has its best day of the year @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:30 PM EDT
Amazon.com's market value drops by billions of dollars. And music sales at Apple's iTunes store are slumping. Steve Orr reports.
- 2 dead, 4 wounded in high-school shooting near Seattle @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:25 PM EDT
Police responded to 911 call from high school in Marysville, Wash.
- [video] The Cool Calm of the Lamborghini Huracan @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:12 PM EDT
The 2015 Lamborghini Huracán moves a dancer's grace but comes with unexpected danger: other drivers who stare instead of drive. Dan Neil joins Tanya Rivero. Photo: Lamborghini.com
- [video] Opinion: Kissel’s Weekly Opinion Wrap @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 6:10 PM EDT
Editorial Board Member Mary Kissel wraps up the week’s commentary and highlights her not-to-miss picks. Photo: Opinion Journal Video
- [video] Can Apple's iTunes Survive Streaming Music Trends? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 5:29 PM EDT
Music downloads at Apple's iTunes stores dropped 13% as more consumers move towards streaming services. Is Beats a silver lining? Dan Gallagher discusses. Photo: Getty
- [video] Barron's Buzz: A Look at Schwab’s Outspoken CEO @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 5:21 PM EDT
Barron’s editor Jack Hough previews the new issue, which includes a profile of Charles Schwab’s CEO Walt Bettinger, and a contrarian’s take on oil. Photo: Andy Freeberg/Barron's
- What to expect from ConocoPhillips earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 5:10 PM EDT
Analysts polled by FactSet expect ConocoPhillips to report earnings of $1.19 a share, compared with $1.47 a share a year ago
- Oil futures post fourth weekly loss in a row @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 5:09 PM EDT
Crude-oil prices have fallen as investors remained unsure if a rebound in oil prices can be sustained.
- What to expect from Exxon Mobil earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 5:08 PM EDT
Investors will want to see what Exxon Mobil’s “Plan B” is for production growth, now that oil fields in Russia’s Arctic are off limits.
- What to expect from SunPower earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:56 PM EDT
SunPower Corp. is scheduled to release third-quarter results before the bell on Wednesday, and here’s what investors can expect.
- What to expect from First Solar earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:51 PM EDT
First Solar Inc. is scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Thursday, and investors will be eager to hear updates on the solar-panel maker and developer’s lofty goals.
- What to expect from Facebook’s earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:48 PM EDT
Advertising revenue will be key to social-media company’s results
- Dollar finishes week higher against yen @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:45 PM EDT
The dollar finishes the week 1.1% higher against the yen, benefiting from strong economic data out of the U.S. and Europe.
- What to look for in Pfizer earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:41 PM EDT
Drugs giant is scheduled to report earnings before the bell on Tuesday.
- S&P 500 posts biggest weekly gain of 2014 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
U.S. stocks close with solid gains Friday. Sentiment got a lift from stronger-than-anticipated housing data and better-than-expected quarterly results.
- Treasurys mark weekly drop after last week’s ‘flash crash’ @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:35 PM EDT
Treasury prices inch up as investors digest concerns about the Ebola virus after the first reported case in New York.
- Nadella’s cloud strategy is working for Microsoft @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:22 PM EDT
The new CEO is taking the software giant in the right direction.
- [video] Opinion: Smart Investors Are Selling Tesla @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:20 PM EDT
Business World Columnist Holman Jenkins Jr. on why Toyota and Daimler are reducing their stakes in the carmaker. Photo: Tesla.com
- [video] Opinion: Ebola Hits the Big Apple @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:14 PM EDT
Editorial Page Editor Paul Gigot on whether New York City health officials have learned the right lessons from the virus outbreak in Dallas. Photo: Associated Press
- 10 beers you’ll be drinking all winter long @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:13 PM EDT
Seasonal brews have stretched from early September through March, writes Jason Notte Flint.
- [video] Opinion: Are Shareholders Cooling on Amazon? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
Business World Columnist Holman Jenkins Jr. analyzes the online retailer’s biggest loss in 14 years. Photo: Associated Press
- [audio] Newscast: Dow snaps a 4-week losing streak @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:09 PM EDT
Wall Street advances on the day and the week after upbeat earnings news.
- 5 real estate mistakes retirees make MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
- How iPhones can stop the spread of Ebola @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
Cellphones may be the best way to find out where Americans who have or may have Ebola have been — and that could provide an early warning system to others.
- Stocks end higher; S&P 500 nabs biggest weekly gain of year @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks closed with solid gains Friday, handing the S&P 500 its largest weekly advance of 2014. Investors shrugged off worries about New York's first Ebola case, which had ...
- ‘Backoff’ malware that hit Dairy Queen is spreading @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 4:03 PM EDT
A malware that has stolen millions of credit card numbers from point-of-sale systems is spreading.
- Roku said to be working on IPO plan @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:58 PM EDT
Roku, which makes streaming media players, TVs and software, is working on plans to file confidentially for an initial public offering, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Dow adds to gains in closing minutes, up 128 points @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks rose to fresh session highs in Friday's last half hour of trading, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average last up 128 points or 0.8%. The S&P 500 rose 13 points or ...
- Obama hugs nurse deemed free of Ebola @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:48 PM EDT
President Obama meets, and hugs a nurse who contracted Ebola but was declared free of the disease Friday
- Will the midterms move markets? Here’s what the data say @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:38 PM EDT
Some relish the partisan disagreements and legislative impasses that have characterized U.S. politics in recent years. Here’s what the election may mean for markets and the economy.
- What to expect from Chevron earnings @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:32 PM EDT
Wall Street is also sure to ask Chevron executives about how multiyear lows for oil prices have affected the company when it reports earnings before the bell Friday.
- History shows young voters don’t, and won’t, turn out for midterms @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:11 PM EDT
Young voters aren’t likely to vote come Nov. 4, research shows. But that’s nothing new — they never have.
- Are you a psychopath? Your boss wants to know @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:07 PM EDT
How companies are trying to get better at spotting rogue or psychopathic employees who could put money, data or co-workers at risk.
- What’s more likely to kill you — Ebola or doughnuts? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
If you have to worry, worry about what you eat, drink and smoke, writes Rex Nutting.
- Ebola stocks mostly higher after virus confirmed in New York @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 2:58 PM EDT
Ebola stocks are mostly higher Friday, but didn’t exhibit the massive across-the-board gains that have accompanied confirmation of previous new cases of the deadly virus in the U.S.
- How a tech CEO became a master of disaster relief @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 2:56 PM EDT
David Campbell, a former technology executive, reinvented himself in his retirement years to help victims of disasters like Hurricane Katrina and the 2004 Asian tsunami.
- 3 hospitalized after shooting at Washington state high school @ MarketWatch - Fri, Oct 24, 2014 2:48 PM EDT
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Three people have been taken to a hospital following a shooting at a high school in Marysville, Wash., about an hour north of Seattle Friday, according to a television report. ...