- [video] Rescuers Search for Children in Oklahoma Schools @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Large tornadoes swept through towns just south of Oklahoma City and laid waste to numerous buildings, including more than one elementary school. The WSJ's Ana Campoy has the details.
- Yen struggles against dollar @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
The Japanese yen falls following fresh remarks by Japan’s economic minister about the currency’s recent price levels.
- Tornadoes strike Oklahoma, killing at least 51 @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Large, devastating tornadoes sweep through Oklahoma City and neighboring towns, killing at least 51 people as they lay waste to numerous buildings, including more than one elementary school.
- Hong Kong stocks retreat; ICBC shares drop @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong stocks on Tuesday retreated after a three-day winning streak, with Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. sliding on news Goldman Sachs Group Inc. sold the remainder ...
- At least 51 reported dead after tornado hits Oklahoma suburb @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Estimates of deaths from a a severe tornado in Moore, Oklahoma, Monday afternoon are climbing, with several reports quoting the state medical examiner as saying at 51 lives were claimed by the weather ...
- [video] Using Technology to Help Identify Terrorists @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
In the aftermath of the Boston bombings, facial-recognition technology is being seen as an important tool to help in criminal investigations. The WSJ’s Jason Bellini explains how it works and why it sometimes ...
- Australia stocks fall, with bank shares in the red @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Stocks in Australia fell Tuesday in early trade, as losses in banking issues put the equity benchmark under pressure. The S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.4% to 5,190.40, nearly giving back ...
- [video] Spaniards Call for Reform @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
As corruption scandals make headlines in Spain, citizens are pushing for reform. A newly elected mayor in Torrelodones is taking steps to increase transparency in government. WSJ's Ilan Brat reports. ...
- Japan stocks pull back; exporters, Softbank drop @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Japanese stocks retreated early Tuesday as a strengthened yen and caution over U.S. monetary-policy stance led investors to take profits after a sturdy recent rally. The Nikkei ...
- [video] Rescuers Hunt for Students in Destroyed School @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Rescue workers dig through the rubble of Plaza Towers Elementary in Moore, Okla., looking for trapped students after a huge tornado destroyed the school.
- [video] Oklahoma Tornadoes Lay Waste to Buildings, Homes @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Raw Footage: Large, devastating tornadoes swept through Oklahoma City and neighboring towns Monday, laying waste to numerous buildings, including more than one elementary school, and prompting concerns ...
- Yahoo’s Tumblr deal ‘long-shot, long-term’ bet @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Yahoo’s $1.1 billion Tumblr deal draws cautious reactions shortly after the acquisition is unveiled.
- [video] Devastating Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
The scene after a huge tornado touched down in the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening a 7-Eleven store and laying waste to a neighborhood.
- Get ready to pay more to fly @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
As air travelers become inured to baggage fees, airlines are betting they’ll accept additional extra charges. Want to change your flight? That’ll be $200 extra.
- [video] Massive Tornado Hits Oklahoma Town @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
A massive tornado hit Moore, Okla., Monday afternoon, causing widespread damage. The following is video of its aftermath uploaded to Vine by user David Massey.
- [video] Oklahoma City Ravaged by Tornado @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Aerial images show the destruction caused by a mile-wide tornado that swept through the suburbs of Oklahoma City Monday afternoon.
- [video] Get Ready to Pay More to Fly @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Travelers are getting used to being hit with all sorts of fees as the price for air travel rises. MarketWatch's Jim Jelter discusses what extra charges to watch out for. (Photo: Getty Images)
- Under Yahoo, will Tumblr go way of Flickr? @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
In the official memo announcing Yahoo’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr today, the companies promised not to “screw it up.” But similar promises have been made before. What happened after Yahoo purchased ...
- Tackling emergency-room issues not a simple solution, doctor says @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Turning patients away from emergency rooms is not the answer for getting a handle on health-care issues, a doctor says.
- Moody's could downgrade U.S. debt in 2013: report @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Moody Investors Service could downgrade U.S. debt this year if policymakers do not adress rising debt ratios, according to Bloomberg News on Monday. While Moody's released ...
- Stock, bond rally has legs thanks to $10 trln in cash: BlackRock's Kapito @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
BlackRock President Robert Kapito tells CNBC that U.S. stocks and bonds are seeing "new money" and that the rally in equities will continue.
- [audio] Newscast: Dow and S&P 500 no longer at record high @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Steve Orr reports on TiVo's quarterly revenue surge and 255,000 new subscribers.
- [video] Why Yahoo Has Snatched Up Tumblr @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Yahoo announced it will purchase Tumblr for $1.1B. Why does Yahoo want the blogging site? Where did it get the money? What plans does it have for Tumblr's future? WSJ's Jason Bellini has "The Short ...
- [video] Daft Punk Fans Do Helmet Homework @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Diehard fans of French electronic duo Daft Punk lust after the pair's custom space-age helmets, which aren't for sale. What to do? Make your own. Atlanta prop-maker Harrison Krix documented his process. ...
- Apple the richest U.S. company – depending how you count @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Apple Inc.'s massive hoard of cash may have put the iconic company in the bull's eye of cash hungry investors and -- and now U.S. lawmakers -- but several of its large tech peers are also sitting flush, ...
- [video] WSJ's Photos of the Day - May 20, 2013 @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
In today’s pictures, a man crosses terraced fields in China, a baby competes in a crawling race in Moscow, tornadoes strike Oklahoma and Kansas, and more.
- 'Retiring' at 40, for a sabbatical year @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
The pros and cons of spreading a few years of planned 'retirement' through your working life.
- See the testimony from Apple and the Senate committee on firm's tax practices @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Apple has released the testimony the firm will give to a Senate committee on the issue of the tax practices of multinational companies. The company defends its Irish activities and said it made more sense ...
- The next 24 hours: Growth and income investors zero in on Home Depot's report @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Analysts say Home Depot, which posts quarterly earnings early Tuesday, ought to have the attention of both dividend-seeking investors and traders looking for growth stocks.
- Apple's Cook to defend tax practices, press for reforms at hearing @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Apple's Tim Cook will make his debut testifying before Congress on Tuesday, when the chief executive is expected to press lawmakers to simplify corporate taxes as well as explain the company's tax practices....
- Apple avoided billions in taxes: Senate report @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Apple Inc. avoided "billions of dollars" in U.S. taxes by setting up offshore entities, a Senate report charged Monday. "Apple sought the Holy Grail of tax avoidance," ...
- [video] Why Naps Are Better Than Sleep Binges @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Can you catch up on lost sleep by bingeing on the weekend? Most experts say no, but naps may provide some relief, Heidi Mitchell reports. Photo: Getty Images.
- Obama, Chinese president to meet in early June @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - President Barack Obama will meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping in California in early June, the White House announced Monday. This will be Obama's first meeting with Xi since ...
- [video] Taking Meds Goes High-Tech @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Startups are coming up with new technologies, such as "digital pills," aimed at getting people to take medicine only as directed. Timothy Hay joins The News Hub. Photo: AdhereTech.
- SolarCity a bubble in the making? @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
SolarCity's "remarkable" run-up in recent weeks could come to an abrupt end, according to this interesting post on The Wall Street Journal's Corporate Intelligence blog.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals shares leap late after ruling on patent cases @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
A flurry of late trading drives up shares of Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc. Monday on news that the company prevails in a hearing on a patent infringement case involving a key drug.
- [video] The Next 24: Eyes on Home Depot, JPM @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
The next day will shine the spotlight on Home Depot and Urban Outfitters. Plus, questions over Jamie Dimon's future at J.P. Morgan are answered. Victor Reklaitis joins the News Hub. Photo: AP.
- More LNG export permits likely this year: Morgan Stanley @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
The Department of Energy is likely to approve additional permits this year to companies looking to export liquefied natural gas more broadly, Morgan Stanley said in a note Monday.Freeport LNG on Friday ...
- Treasurys fall as QE clouds market @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
The Treasury market turned a morning rally into an afternoon slump Monday as benchmark U.S. government debt yield rose to its highest since mid-March.
- SAC may shutter hedge fund to outsiders: report MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SAC Capital's Steven Cohen may broker a deal with the government to shut his $15 billion hedge fund to outside investors to settle an insider trading probe, according to ...
- New Xbox may keep Microsoft in the game @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Microsoft is expected to unveil a new Xbox on Tuesday. Investors have been bidding up shares of videogame firms, but the market has shifted dramatically in recent years.
- U.S. ethanol production in the doldrums @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Domestic ethanol production capacity was little changed in the past year, according to an Energy Information Administration report released Monday.
- [video] Hezbollah Fighters Clash With Syrian Rebels @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Syrian government forces pushed deeper into a strategic opposition-held town near the Lebanese border, battling rebels in fierce street fighting, state media reported. Nour Malas joins The News Hub. Photo: ...
- [video] Why IRS Scandal Could Haunt Obama @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Not all controversies are created equal. The IRS controversy carries the most potential to do long-term damage to the Obama agenda, Jerry Seib says on The News Hub. Photo: Getty Images.
- Urban Outfitters slips in after-hours trade MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Urban Outfitters falls after its fiscal first-quarter sales come up short of expectations, while TiVo posts a slight gain as its quarterly loss was smaller than forecast.
- U.S. stocks drop, retreating from all-time highs @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
U.S. stocks handed back gains after setting new record highs following comments from Chicago Fed President Evans with Yahoo Inc.’s acquisition of Tumblr and other deal news dominating investor attention....
- [video] General Motors Aims for IT Revolution @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
General Motors has cancelled its outsourced IT contracts and is instead building four new data centers in Michigan, where its own IT workers will focus on innovation. WSJ's Steve Rosenbush reports via ...
- Gasoline prices to hit highest for a Memorial Day weekend in two years @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
AAA expects retail gasoline prices this Memorial Day to be the highest for the holiday since 2011.
- Monday movers: Apple rises ahead of tax testimony @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Apple closes up on Monday as Chief Executive Tim Cook prepared to defend the company’s tax strategy in front of a Senate subcommittee investigating multinational companies’ tax practices.
- [audio] Newscast: Stocks pull back from record highs @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Steve Orr reports on the closing numbers and Yahoo's modest win after a deal to buy Tumblr.