- [video] Helping #Animals for the Holidays @ MarketWatch - 19 minutes ago
Unfortunately in the news you hear of animal cruelty from time-to-time. But, for the holidays, here's a look at humans giving #animals the gift of a helping hand. (Photo: AP)
- [video] North Koreans React to Top Official's Execution @ MarketWatch - 21 minutes ago
On the streets of the North Korean capital of Pyongyang, several people mirrored the government's harsh assessment of Jang Song Thaek, the executed No. 2 official, saying he belongs in the trash bin of ...
- [video] The Foreign Bureau: WSJ's Global News Update @ MarketWatch - 40 minutes ago
Mandela's casket is moved ahead of Sunday's funeral; men on the streets of Pyongyang, North Korea, say that execution was too lenient for leader Kim Jong Un's uncle. We track the best global stories of ...
- China sees serious property bubble in smaller inland cities: Citibank @ MarketWatch - 43 minutes ago
Citibank researchers say China's serious property bubble is largely confined to smaller inland cities,
- [video] Economists Split on Start of Fed Pullback @ MarketWatch - 44 minutes ago
A cautious pullback in the Federal Reserve's easy-money policies is just around the corner, according to economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal. Sudeep Reddy breaks down the results on the News ...
- Fed wants to exit QE but keep long-term rates low @ MarketWatch - 45 minutes ago
The Federal Reserve wants to exit QE but at the same time keep long-term interest rates low. Figuring out how to do that may take until early next year.
- [video] Audi RS7: A Supercar With a Key Weakness @ MarketWatch - 46 minutes ago
The 2014 Audi RS7 is a super sports sedan of impressive pace and power, unless you want to drive in the cold. Rumble Seat columnist Dan Neil reports on the News Hub. Photo: Audi.
- 9 dumbest mutual fund moves of 2013 @ MarketWatch - 47 minutes ago
Chuck Jaffe hands the industry his annual Lump of Coal awards.
- [video] Top Christie Ally Resigns as Bridge Controversy Grows @ MarketWatch - 50 minutes ago
A top aide to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie resigns over the controversial decision to close some lanes of the George Washington Bridge. Democratic lawmakers in New Jersey are accusing Christie appointees ...
- Stocks fall for second week; Nasdaq retakes 4,000 @ MarketWatch - 53 minutes ago
U.S. stocks try to break a three-day skid Friday, sending the Nasdaq Composite back above 4,000, as investors looked toward a Federal Reserve meeting next week that could start the curtailment of the Fed’s ...
- Good data keep coming, but taper views are split @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Retail sales are rising. Jobs are growing and workers are cheering up. Yet economists are split when they expect the Federal Reserve to start paring its massive asset-purchase program. Read more about ...
- [video] Opinion: Can You Hear Moi? @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
WSJ Europe editorial writer Anne Jolis on a new French law that expands the state’s extensive surveillance capabilities. Photo: Getty Images
- Want to invest like Buffett? Here’s how @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
nvestors for years have been searching in vain for a formula to replicate Warren Buffett’s legendary returns over the past 50 years. The wait may be over, writes Mark Hulbert.
- [audio] Newscast: Taper dominates week on Wall Street @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
A losing week for stocks and oil as Wall Street wonders when the Fed will start tapering. Tracy Johnke has the closing numbers.
- Twitter, Adobe, ARM lead broad tech gains @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Tech stocks put in a mildly upbeat session Friday, with gains from Twitter Inc., Adobe Systems Inc. and chipmaker ARM Holdings among the day’s advancers by the time the market closed.
- Adobe, Nielsen, EA leap; Anadarko tumbles @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Adobe Systems Inc. jumps Friday to lead the S&P 500 as investors focused on the positives in its quarterly report, while shares of Anadarko Petroleum Corp. fare worst, plunging in the wake of a court ruling....
- [video] The Hockleys: 'It's Kind of How We Keep Dylan Alive' @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
Nicole and Ian Hockley talk about their son Dylan, who was killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. The couple founded "Dylan's Wings of Change," which aims to provide sports programs ...
- Sprint said looking at bid for T-Mobile: WSJ @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Sprint Corp. , the No. 3 mobile-phone carrier in the U.S., is said to be weighing a bid for T-Mobile US Inc. that could be worth more than $20 billion. The Wall Street Journal ...
- Is James Bond a lush? @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
A new study by a group of British doctors raises the possibility that James Bond is an alcoholic.
- Treasurys stable as traders brace for Fed meeting @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
U.S. Treasury prices stabilized Friday after a two-day selloff, as investors prepare for next week’s meeting of Federal Reserve officials. Speculation is mounting over the timing of the Federal Reserve’s ...
- Stocks end flat to up slightly, but down for week @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - U.S. stocks closed flat to slightly higher on Friday after a choppy session with little economic news, finishing a down week on a mostly positive note. The S&P 500 was roughly ...
- [video] Qualcomm Names New CEO, and More @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
What’s News: Qualcomm names Steve Mollenkopf as its new CEO. SAC Capital is considering a name change. State of the Union address is set for January 28, 2014. Death toll in Philippines from Typhoon Haiyan ...
- [video] The Kowalskis: 'Hating the World Doesn't Help' @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
Stephen and Rebecca Kowalski lost their son, Chase, in the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. They discuss how they've coped with the tragedy and the fund they created that honors ...
- [video] Scarlett Lewis: 'We Will Never Be Back to Normal' @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Jesse Lewis was killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary last December. His mother, Scarlett Lewis, remembers her son and talks about the support she received from the community as well as the challenges ...
- [video] Ian McKellen on Gandalf's Asexuality @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Sir Ian McKellen plays Gandalf the Grey in "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug," and discusses whether the wizard may or may not be gay. The Wall Street Journal's Barbara Chai reports.
- Two injured in Colorado high school shooting @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- At least two people have been injured in an ongoing shooting situation at a Denver-area Colorado high school Friday, according to media reports. The incident is at Arapahoe ...
- Aussie slumps 1.6% vs. U.S. dollar for the week @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
The Australian dollar drops 1.6% against the U.S. dollar this week, weighed on by remarks from its top central banker and expectations about U.S. monetary policy.
- [video] The Top Ten Movies of 2013 @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
From monsters in college to post-apocalyptic reality TV killing games, 2013 has been quite a year at the movies. See which ones made the top 10 in year-end box office numbers.
- Man arrested in Wichita airport bomb plot @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
Authorities have arrested a 58-year-old Wichita, Kan., avionics technician who they said tried to commit a suicide bombing at the airport there.
- [video] Top Three in Tech: Shhhhh, Phones @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
WSJ’s Scott Austin rounds up the top tech stories including a look at why phones may stay silent on planes for now. Photo: Getty Images.
- [video] Broadway, Bowler Hats and Beckett @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Sirs Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart sat with the WSJ's Barbara Chai to discuss performing "Waiting for Godot" and "No Man's Land" on Broadway, Samuel Beckett's humor, and how each ...
- [video] A TV Season in Two Days? How We Binge Watch @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
How quickly will you devour the new season of ‘House of Cards’? WSJ’s John Jurgensen joins digits with a look at what a recent survey by Netflix says about how we watch TV now. Photo: AP.
- [video] Tech Week Ahead: Earnings, iPhones and More @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
Qualcomm and BlackBerry report earnings, plus Apple gains access to an even larger market. Tech editor Scott Austin lays out the week ahead in tech. Photo: Getty Images.
- [video] Why Twitter Backtracked on New Feature @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
The Twittersphere was in an uproar after the social media company allowed blocked Twitter users to view or tweet at people who had blocked them. David Rogers, faculty director for digital marketing strategy ...
- Netflix says binge watching is the new normal for TV viewing @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
A study by Netflix shows just how popular "binge viewing" of TV shows online has become
- Airport worker arrested in Wichita bomb-plot sting @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- A 58-year-old Wichita man was arrested Friday for plotting a bombing at that Kansas city's Mid-Continent Regional Airport, according to an Associated Press report. The man, whose ...
- Oil ends below $97 for a 1.1% loss on the week @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 39 minutes ago
Oil futures settle below $97 a barrel for a loss of 1.1% for the week as traders fret over the possibility that the Federal Reserve will announce a pullback in its stimulus program and the potential for ...
- See the progress and perils as Ireland exits bailout @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
In a major milestone, Ireland’s economy has strengthened enough for the country to exit its bailout program from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund. But challenges remain as unemployment ...
- [video] Opinion: Don't Cry for Uncle Jang @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Global View columnist Bret Stephens on the execution of Kim Jong Un’s uncle and the North Korean dictator’s attempt to consolidate power. Photo: Getty Images
- [video] Opinion: The Truth About Income Inequality @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
Manhattan Institute senior fellow Diana Furchtgott-Roth debunks fears about rising income inequality in America. Photo: Getty Images
- [video] Opinion: FreedomWorks on Ryan’s ‘Budget Betrayal’ @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
FreedomWorks President and CEO Matt Kibbe on the House-passed budget deal and Speaker Boehner’s criticism of groups that opposed the compromise. Photo: Freedomworks
- [video] Opinion: The WSJ's Best Books of 2013 @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
WSJ Fiction Chronicle columnist Sam Sacks on the year’s best novels. Photo: Jayne Ann Phillips
- Oil ends below $97, falls 1.1% for the week @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Oil futures closed below $97 a barrel on Friday for a loss of 1.1% on the week, pressured by expectations that the Federal Reserve will announce a pullback in its bond-buying ...
- [audio] Newscast: stocks give back most of their gains @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Stocks small gains faded -- as investors hope last month's wholesale inflation report convinces the Fed to put off its taper plans.
- Gold settles higher for weekly gain of 0.5% @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Gold futures settled higher after a hefty loss in the prior session, tallying a 0.5% gain on the week, as traders readied for next week’s Federal Reserve meeting and possible news on the fate of the central ...
- Retirees flock to university towns @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Classes, culture and high-quality medical care are among the attractions drawing retirees to places like Austin, Tx.
- J.P. Morgan cuts 2014 gold forecast by 10% @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Analysts at J.P Morgan Cazenove lowered their forecasts on gold prices - by 10% to $1,263 an ounce for 2014 and by 12% to $1,275 for 2015, according to a research note dated ...
- 10 things airlines won’t tell you @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Travelers: Prepare for higher prices and fewer perks.
- [video] Sinful Cinnabon-Flavored Vodka Hits the Shelves @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Pinnacle brand has teamed up with Cinnabon to offer in vodka form the decadent cinnamon bun and rich cream cheese frosting flavors that the bakery brand is famous for.
- Gold up 0.8% on day, scores 0.5% weekly gain @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures closed higher on Friday, tallying a weekly gain of 0.5%, ahead of the Federal Reserve's meeting next week. The meeting may include an announcement on whether ...