- [video] WSJ's Photos of the Day - June 19, 2013 @ MarketWatch - 11 minutes ago
In today’s pictures, a soldier fires a grenade at the U.N. compound in Somalia’s capital, a bird drinks from a water fountain in Switzerland, and more.
- Boomer drug of choice? It might be Lipitor @ MarketWatch - 24 minutes ago
Cholesterol drugs, antidepressants are the most commonly prescribed drugs among those age 50 to 64, study says.
- 5 things traders should know for the next 24 hours @ MarketWatch - 27 minutes ago
In the next 24 hours in financial markets, the key news will include reaction to the Federal Reserve and earnings from Rite Aid, Micron Technology
- Twitter chat: Where to put your money as rates rise @ MarketWatch - 36 minutes ago
Join a Twitter chat and ask industry experts your questions about how to trade the Fed decision.
- [video] Rick Perry: Gun High Capacity Magazines Are a Must @ MarketWatch - 36 minutes ago
Is gun control legislation realistic? Texas Governor Rick Perry, in an excerpt from The Big Interview, says proposed laws limiting a gun's magazine capacity is a solution that does not exist.
- Monsanto exec shares World Food Prize for genetically modified crops @ MarketWatch - 42 minutes ago
A Monsanto executive is one of three winners of this year's World Food Prize for pioneering work on genetically modified crops.
- Healthways shares soar as note hails its 'emerging growth story' @ MarketWatch - 43 minutes ago
A glowing analyst report boosts Healthways Inc. shares on an otherwise dreary day for stocks, as the consultant jumps more than 8% by the end of trading Wednesday.
- Fed tapering could begin later this year @ MarketWatch - 48 minutes ago
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says on Wednesday the central bank may start to scale back its asset purchases later this year if the economy strengthens as the central bank now expects.
- [video] Five Candidates to Succeed Ben Bernanke at Fed @ MarketWatch - 52 minutes ago
President Obama gave the clearest indication this week that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke won’t serve again after his term ends in January. MarketWatch's Jim Jelter looks at five contenders whom Fed watchers ...
- Bernanke takes Jackson Hole conference down a notch @ MarketWatch - 54 minutes ago
During his press conference on Wednesday, Fed chairman Ben Bernanke seemed to go out of his way to diss the annual Kansas City Fed gathering in Jackson Hole.
- [video] Russia's Latest Internet Star: Stoned Fox @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Adele Morse's stuffed fox has become an Internet sensation in Russia, photoshopped into pictures of politicians, policemen and all manner of other people. WSJ's James Marson reports on what makes the critter ...
- Red Hat, Nokia among gainers after hours @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Better than expected results give software maker Red Hat a lift after ours; Nokia rises after a report that it held talks to sell device business to Microsoft.
- Dollar surges as bond buys could slow this year @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
The U.S. dollar rises against most rivals on Wednesday, reversing earlier declines, as the U.S. Federal Reserve said downside risks to the economic and labor-market outlook had diminished.
- Cyprus inks deal with Noble Energy on LNG plant @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Cyprus approved Wednesday a deal with Houston-based Noble Energy Inc. and Israeli companies Delek Drilling LP and Avner Oil Exploration LLP to build a liquefied natural gas ...
- Oracle to report in face of market pressures @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Oracle Corp. will report quarterly results on Thursday as analysts point to competitive and market challenges.
- [video] The Next 24: International Markets React to Fed @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Micron Technology reports after the bell, overseas stocks react to today's Fed news, and Rite Aid and Kroger report before the open. Victor Reklaitis breaks down the next 24 hours of trading.
- Energy stocks turn lower after Fed decision @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Energy stocks turn lower after Bernanke said the Fed tapering, or scaling back on bond buying, could begin later this year if the economy continues to strengthen.
- 7 candidates to succeed Bernanke at Fed @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
As president Obama offered the clearest signal yet this week that Ben Bernanke won’t continue as Fed chairman after January, here’s a look at some of the likeliest candidates to take over U.S. monetary ...
- 6 things you missed as Bernanke held the market in his thrall @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Here are some headlines you might have missed as the Fed's Bernanke held markets in thrall.
- [video] Meet One of NASA's New Astronaut Candidates @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Harvard Medical School Assistant Professor Jessica Meir is a member of NASA's new class of prospective astronauts. She joins the News Hub to discuss training to be part of future space missions, and her ...
- [video] Bernanke Sets Stage to End Bond Buying @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
Stocks fall as investors digest the Federal Reserve's latest policy statement and looked ahead to a news conference from Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. Paul Vigna reports.
- [video] New Details on Birth of Britain's Royal Baby @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Britain's royal family is planning some old-school, media-friendly theater for the birth of the royal baby, and Prince William is expected to be present in the delivery room on the big birthday. Jeanne ...
- [video] Financier Leon Black Buys $48 Million Raphael Drawing @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
New York financier Leon Black is the mystery buyer of a $47.9 million Raphael drawing auctioned by Sotheby’s London last December, but British authorities are blocking his attempts to export the drawing ...
- [video] Major Government Agencies Left Without Oversight @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Some of the government’s largest cabinet agencies have not had permanent inspectors general in place for between one and five years, raising concerns from lawmakers and government-watchdog groups that ...
- [audio] Bernanke speaks, investors sell @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
T. Doug Dale, co-founder, Concilion Capital discusses the Fed's statement, Ben Bernanke's news conference and Wall Street's reaction.
- Spotlight on economy: Jobless claims, manufacturers @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
The Federal Reserve and its boss, Ben Bernanke, think the economy's future is on the up and up, but Thursday's signposts are unlikely to offer much support. Weekly jobless claims could edge a bit higher ...
- [video] Decoding Bernanke’s Messages: An Analyst’s Take @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Was the market’s reaction to the Fed appropriate? The Cato Institute’s Mark Calabria describes recent market moves as a “sugar rush.” Photo: AP.
- Facebook stock jumps in three seconds: Nanex @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Facebook Inc. stock jumped almost a dollar a share in three seconds Wednesday afternoon, according to Eric Hunsader, CEO of Nanex, a provider of real-time data to traders. In ...
- U.S. stocks sink, yields rise after Fed move @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
U.S. stocks fall sharply on Wednesday as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke repeats that any reduction in the central bank’s stimulus moves depends on the outlook for the economy.
- Wednesday movers: BlackBerry falls on sell rating @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
BlackBerry retreats Wednesday after an analyst downgraded the stock on signs that consumer demand for its new devices remained tepid.
- [audio] Newscast: Stocks sink on Bernanke comments @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Steve Orr reports on the closing numbers and the possibility of the Fed tapering its monthly bond buying program later this year.
- Nvidia graphics licensing push lifts stock @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
Nvidia’s decision to expand its graphics chip licensing business sparks a rally in the company’s shares, even though analysts say it highlights a slumping PC market.
- [video] Fed Outlook: An Economist’s Take @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
If the FOMC could be summed up in one take, it would be that the Federal Reserve’s policy shifts will remain data-driven and nothing is predetermined, according to Mesirow Financial chief economist Diane ...
- Adobe rises, but Apple, Microsoft slip @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
Adobe rises on solid results, but the tech sector is weighed down by sliding shares of Apple and Microsoft.
- [video] Who Will Replace Ben Bernanke? @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Ben Bernanke refused to comment on what happens when his term ends later this year. But Mesirow Financial’s Diane Swonk and economics reporter Kathleen Madigan have thoughts.
- Recent mortgage-rate gain not 'dramatic': Bernanke @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- While mortgage rates have been increasing for weeks, recent changes are "not all that dramatic," Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said at a Wednesday press conference ...
- Facebook's Instagram video feature seen as challenge to Twitter @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
Facebook Inc.'s anticipated new video service for Instagram is already getting some upbeat reviews.
- U.S. stocks sink and yields rise after Fed speaks @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - U.S. stocks fell sharply and Treasury yields surged as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the central bank may scale back its bond purchases depending on the economic outlook. ...
- Recap: The taper could begin later this year, Bernanke says @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Ben Bernanke spoke, and the markets swooned. Read a recap of Fed chairman's press conference.
- The dots Bernanke's connecting @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke tries to connect these dots.
- Retailers to loosen their purse strings for the fourth year @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
After cutting back on their spending during the economic downturn, retailers, like the consumers they serve, look to continue to show signs of loosening their purse strings.
- [video] Opinion: The Nuclear-Free Fantasy @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Global View columnist Bret Stephens on President Obama’s recently unveiled plan to further reduce the U.S. nuclear arsenal. Plus, an update on Afghanistan’s suspension of security talks with the U.S. after ...
- [video] Film Clip: 'World War Z' @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Watch a clip from the film "World War Z." United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) traverses the world to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments, and threatening ...
- [video] Full Speech: Obama Calls for Nuclear-Arms Reduction @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
President Obama called for negotiations with Russia to end the two nations' military posturing, and a reduction of nuclear arms. Photo: Getty Images.
- [video] Bernanke Discusses Current Monetary Policy @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
In a news conference, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke talks about current monetary policy and situations that would lead to a change in those policies. Photo: AP.
- Forest Laboratories one of several suitors for Elan, report says @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
Reuters reports one of several possible suitors for Elan PLC is Forest Laboratories, a development which gave a lift to shares of both companies in afternoon trades on Wednesday.
- Home builder losses steepen during Fed presser @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Exchange-traded funds of home-builder-related stocks steepened Wednesday as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke at a press conference. Down about 0.7% ahead of the decision, ...
- Video: Obamacare falling behind? @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
A video from the Wall Street Journal on the status of health-insurance exchanges and whether they'll be ready on time to start taking enrollees by an Oct. 1 deadline. Small-business owners in particular ...
- Oil drops after rise in supplies, Fed news @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
U.S. crude-oil futures turn negative after EIA inventories data, then continue to trend lower on the Fed’s statement and press conference.
- [video] Why Are Mortgage Interest Rates Rising? @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
The cost of buying a home is going up. What's behind the rise in interest rates? Is now still a good time to buy? WSJ's Jason Bellini has "The Short Answer."