- Apple earnings: These insiders have the most at stake @ MarketWatch - 28 minutes ago
People with ties to the company have hundreds of millions of dollars on the line, writes Phil van Doorn.
- 3 stalwart tech stocks loved by investment pros @ MarketWatch - 43 minutes ago
The everyday investor is underestimating the potential of these high-quality leaders, writes Jonathan Burton.
- U.K. stocks seesaw as Morrisons drops, AB Foods climbs @ MarketWatch - 44 minutes ago
The FTSE 100 eases from a nearly two-week high, with Wm. Morrison Supermarkets down after a broker cut its estimates on the grocery chain, while Associated British Foods PLC shares sweeten following a ...
- [video] Down Under DJing with William and Kate @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Northern Sound System, a youth-focused community music center in Adelaide, and try a spot of DJing as part of their tour of Australia.
- [video] Viber is Vying for Social Messaging Dominance @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
There has been a proliferation of social-messaging apps like Whatsapp, WeChat, KakaoTalk and Line on smartphones. Viber CEO Talmon Marco tells WSJ’s Ramy Inocencio why the competition is good for innovation ...
- [video] S.F. Giants and MLB Use iBeacons to Engage Fans @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
The San Francisco Giants team is one of twenty MLB clubs using new iBeacon technology to engage baseball fans. WSJ’s Linda Freund reports.
- Apple, Facebook, Boeing are stocks to watch @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Among the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Wednesday’s session are Boeing, Apple, and Facebook.
- Asian shares end mixed @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Stocks in Hong Kong fall on signs of further contraction in China’s manufacturing sector, while a rally on Wall Street bolsters Japan in a quiet, holiday-shortened week for regional markets.
- Asia Stocks live blog: China data back in spotlight @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
While China Mobile earnings and the trading debut of Japan's Seibu will factor into today's Asia stock-trading session, an early read on the Chinese manufacturing sector may trump other issues in driving ...
- Can I change my Obamacare health plan? @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
The enrollment season for the Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchanges is technically over. But midlife changes like retirement, divorce or a big change in your income could entitle you to change ...
- BOE voted 9-0 to keep rates at record low, QE unchanged @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- The Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee at its April 9 meeting voted 9-0 in favor of keeping interest rates on hold and making no changes to its 375 billion pound ($631 ...
- Allergan adopts poison pill in face of Valeant bid @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
The Botox maker’s shareholder rights plan effectively blocks activist investor Bill Ackman, who has teamed with Valeant on the hostile advance, from growing his holding.
- European stocks slip, but AB Foods rallies after results @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
LONDON(MarketWatch) -- European stocks slipped Wednesday, giving back a slice of their hefty gains from the previous session. The Stoxx Europe 600 shed 0.1% to 336.55 as industrial and banking issues pulled ...
- [video] Basque Nationalists Claim Reluctant Spanish Town @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
The town of Estella in northern Spain is part of the greater Basque country, Basque nationalists would say. But local residents beg to differ. WSJ's David Roman, Noelia Urra and Anna Perez report.
- [video] Jerry Seib: Biden's Strategic Ukraine Checklist @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
Vice President Joe Biden visited Ukraine in a show of solidarity Tuesday. The United States is revealing a more solidified plan to help the government by offering aid and loans just before its election ...
- Learn how to score a more comfortable flight @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
There are a lot of things people hate about air travel, writes MarketWatch reporter Catey Hill. Find that story and more, in today’s Personal Finance Daily.
- Gilead shares climb; AT&T, Amgen shares fall @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
Gilead shares Inc., AT&T Inc. and Amgen Inc. were among the stocks actively trading Tuesday evening, with shares of Gilead climbing after handily beating Wall Street’s quarterly earnings and revenue expectations....
- Ackman paid Herbalife whistleblower: report @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Hedge fund manager Bill Ackman agreed to pay an Herbalife whistleblower as much as $3.6 million if the executive lost his job with the nutritional supplements maker, ABC ...
- Gilead scores big on earnings with new drug, but investors getting wary @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
Gilead Sciences soundly beats earnings forecasts on Tuesday thanks to its pricey hepatitis C drug, but the biotech giant doesn't get the sharp after-hours gains one might expect from such strong earnings....
- Skechers has more to be happy about than the Boston Marathon winner's shoe @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Skechers sees momentum in first-quarter results.
- [video] Why Chromebooks Are No Joke @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Can a sub-$400 Chromebook do the job of a Mac or Windows PC? WSJ Personal Tech columnist Joanna Stern takes a look at how they stack up.
- Dow Transports hits record, a good sign even if Dow Theory disappoints @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
The Dow Jones Transportation average closed with a record on Tuesday. That still may be a good sign for stocks, even if the Dow Theory has been disappointed by the Dow Jones Industrial Average's failure ...
- U.S. stocks gain; S&P 500 extends streak to six @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
The U.S. stock market closed higher Tuesday, with the S&P 500 extending its winning streak to six days, the longest consecutive gains since September 2013
- AOL tweaks email system after spoofing breach, but change could affect legitimate senders @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) - AOL Inc. on Tuesday said it has changed its system for processing email in response to a security breach, dubbed spoofing, in which spammers hijack a user's account to send ...
- API data show crude supply up 519,000 barrels @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The American Petroleum Institute late Tuesday reported a climb of 519,000 barrels for the week ended April 18, according to sources. That was much less than expected as analysts ...
- Amgen earnings down 25% as costs rise @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Biotech company’s first-quarter hit by a rise in costs that masked revenue growth
- Gilead earnings buoyed by Hepatitis-C drug @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Sales of $1,000-a-pop Solvadi drug soar, helping earnings to triple
- Any regrets, Mr. Bernanke? 'Taking the job' @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Fed chairman Ben Bernanke talks about his main regrets after eight years at the central bank.
- Citigroup may own hotel hosting its shareholder meeting through muni bond deal @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Back in 2010, Citi bought up the distressed muni bonds used to finance the hotel where it is now holding its shareholder meeting.
- Charlie Shrem gets break from house arrest to attend bitcoin documentary @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Bitcoiner Charlie Shrem, who is under house arrest for alleged links to the illegal drug exchange Silk Road, is attending the Wednesday screening of a bitcoin documentary at the Tribeca Film Festival in ...
- Netflix rises on earnings, subscriber growth @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Online video-streaming leader paces tech gains following upbeat quarterly results.
- The closest thing to a sure thing for you and your money @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
You're 18. You've got a whole career and a whole life ahead of you. Bet on yourself first. Stocks and other people can come later. And either way, understand that it will take a lot of time, perseverance ...
- Best stock market app shows why Apple's iOS is playing catch-up to Android @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
The markets continue their relief rally from Tuesday. It's a long way back up to where they were this time last week, though. Patience.
- Comcast close to subscriber deal with Charter @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Comcast plans to sell nearly four million extra subscribers in a two-staged deal with Charter Communications, in what would represent a consolation prize for Charter’s eight-month pursuit of Time Warner ...
- Best app for traders and a stock market flashback @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
When it comes to investing, I spend a lot of analysis, articles and thought process on doing exactly that -- try to remember who you were and what you were doing in past cycles that I've lived through ...
- [video] What to Know About the Electoral College Debate @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Is it time to get rid of the Electoral College? Harvard law school professor Alan Dershowitz discusses the debate around the electoral college and the popular vote on the News Hub. Photo: Getty Images....
- [video] Secrets to Getting the Most Comfortable Airline Seat @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
To get a comfy seat with more legroom, you’d expect to pay more, but that’s not always the case — and in fact sometimes the opposite is true. MarketWatch's Catey Hill offers tips on the News Hub. Photo: ...
- [video] New Rules for Summer Interns @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
After a string of high-profile lawsuits, schools have tightened policies for posting summer interns. Conde Nast and other firms have eliminated their internship programs entirely, making for even tougher ...
- [audio] Newscast: Stocks notch another win @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Steve Orr reports on the closing numbers, including the market's sixth straight Tuesday advance. And Botox maker Allergan surges on takeover offer.
- Apple earnings: iPhone, iPad sales growth key @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Earnings and revenue expected to rise, as iPad and iPhone sales will be in focus.
- Skechers shares rally after earnings blow through estimates @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Skechers USA Inc. shares rallied Tuesday after the company handily beat first-quarter earnings estimates as strength in its wholesale business offset the impact of a late Easter ...
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Golden State Warriors to buy Salesforce land for new SF arena @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) - The Golden State Warriors has agreed to buy land in San Francisco's Mission Bay from Salesforce.com , the team said Tuesday. A Salesforce.com spokesman confirmed the deal ...
- Should doctors care what treatments cost? @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Expensive drugs like Gilead's Sovaldi are leading physician groups to consider costs as they care for older patients.
- Treasurys swing higher after tepid 2-year auction @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Treasury prices swing higher after a sale of 2-year notes Tuesday, part of a $96 billion slew of government debt offerings this week.
- AT&T reports earnings of $3.65 billion @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- AT&T Inc. on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit of $3.65 billion, or 70 cents a share, compared with earnings of $3.7 billion, or 67 cents a share, in the same period ...
- Intuitive Surgical falls short on sales, earnings @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Intuitive Surgical Inc. said late Tuesday that first-quarter net income was $44.3 million, or $1.13 a share, compared with $188.9 million, or $4.56 a share, for the same period ...
- Message to Citi: Fix it now @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Notoriously passive shareholders have sent Citigroup Inc.’s management a message about the bank’s inability to raise its dividend and scandals at its Mexican bank.
- Gilead beats expectations; Sovaldi sales hit $2.3 bln @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Gilead Sciences Inc. reported late Tuesday its first-quarter net income rose to $2.23 billion, or $1.33 per diluted share, from $722.2 million, or 43 cents per diluted share, ...
- Spotlight on the economy: Slender gain seen for new-home sales @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
The government will likely report Wednesday that the sales pace of new single-family homes ticked up last month, but remained at a relatively low level, according to a consensus forecast.