- New winter storm targets NYC, Northeast @ MarketWatch - 47 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- A winter storm that began in the Midwest is pushing into the northeast Sunday night, according to weather forecasters. Chicago was expected to receive up to 15 inches of snow ...
- Novak Djokovic defeats Andy Murray to win Australian Open @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MakretWatch) -- Novak Djokovic won his fifth Australian Open title on Sunday, defeating rival Andy Murray. The top-ranked Djokovic beat Murray 7-6 (5), 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-0 in Sunday's final.
- Super Bowl 2015: Microsoft Braylon Ad @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
A boy named Braylon shows how Microsoft software can change lives, in this Super Bowl ad.
- Family of Japanese Hostage Responds to ISIS Video @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
A small vigil for Kenji Goto was held in Tokyo following the release of a video that purports to show him being executed by ISIS militants. Goto's family shared reactions with the media. Photo: Getty
- Super Bowl 2015: Avocado Ad @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
The first draft ever has some surprises, in this Super Bowl ad for Avocados from Mexico.
- Super Bowl 2015: Microsoft Estella Ad @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
Estella's Brilliant Bus shows the reach of Microsoft's software, in this Super Bowl ad.
- Al-Jazeera journalist Peter Greste released from Egyptian jail @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Egyptian authorities released and deported jailed Al-Jazeera journalist Peter Greste on Sunday, according to media reports. Greste was arrested and imprisoned in December 2013, ...
- The shift from business to consumers is on @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
It’s getting better for consumers, but not so for Corporate America. Data scheduled to be released this week should reflect that trend.
- Russia’s famed AK-47 assault rifles could soon be made in the USA @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
The famed Kalashnikov AK-47 could soon be made in the U.S.A., as a way to steer around sanctions.
- Who spends more eating out, Millennials or Boomers? @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Millennials spend nearly 11% more than Boomers on meals away from home.
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers named MVP of NFL for second time @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was named the National Football League's most valuable player for 2014 at a ceremony Saturday night in Phoenix, Ariz. The honor ties ...
- Bitcoin has no place in your — or any — portfolio @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
The vast majority of investors should not give bitcoin the time of day, writes Jeff Reeves.
- Russia sees economy shrinking 3% in 2015; economy ministry forecasts 12% inflation rate @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
Russia’s economy minister said Saturday that the country’s gross domestic product is expected to shrink by 3% in 2015 with oil prices at $50 a barrel and an estimated capital outflow at $115 billion.
- High-school football is huge in Texas and Nebraska; in New England it’s minuscule @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
Geography and politics appear to dictate divergence between U.S. states where kids do and don’t play football, as well as between states where parents do and do not actively discourage playing the sport....
- China fears fleeing Uighurs could return as terrorists @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
Thee flight of Muslim minority is presenting China with many of the same fears that have plagued Western nations as they try to prevent their Muslim nationals from being radicalized or trained to fight ...
- California legislator wants more pay for NFL cheerleaders @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 3:43 PM EST
New legislation in California would make NFL cheerleaders employees of their teams.
- Korean Air Lines flight attendant says she lied under pressure from execs about nut-rage incident @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 3:43 PM EST
he flight attendant berated by the daughter of the airline’s chairman after improperly serving nuts said Friday that she lied about the incident because she was pressured by company execs.
- Report: Japanese journalist supposedly beheaded by Islamic State @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 3:42 PM EST
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)--The Islamic State group released a video on Saturday supposedly showing a video of Japanese journalist Kenji Goto being beheaded, according to the Associate Press. The family ...
- U.S. Census may add Middle East-North Africa ethnic classification @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 11:14 AM EST
CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. Bureau of the Census will test out the inclusion of a Middle East-North Africa classification in its 2020 survey of the national population, according to the Associated ...
- McDonald’s will start accepting a different kind of currency @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Nope, it’s not bitcoin. The new McDonald’s currency is going to give you a chance to participate in a “Lovin’ Act”, such as a fist bump or phone call to your mom.
- Five burgers that are giving McDonald’s headaches @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 8:57 AM EST
McDonald’s is changing its CEO, and now maybe it’s time for the company to take a look at what’s missing from its classic Big Mac as consumers show a far greater craving for rival chains’ burgers.
- 5 ways to spot risk in your portfolio @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 6:01 AM EST
U.S. stocks are expensive by historical standards and the market has been choppy since mid-September. Nervous? Look at your portfolio from these angles.
- How to protect your retirement investments now @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 6:00 AM EST
To protect your retirement savings, advisers are recommending tactical tweaks rather than wholesale portfolio changes.
- If you can drive it over a glacier, it must be good @ MarketWatch - Sat, Jan 31, 2015 6:00 AM EST
Three-row seating, midpack price and the ability to conquer nearly anything may make Discovery Sport one of Land Rover’s top sellers.
- New NATO Command Centers Send Message to Putin @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 7:00 PM EST
As violence continues to flare in eastern Ukraine, NATO is taking new measures to contain the threat of an aggressive Russia. Photo: AP
- How gay couples should plan finances ahead of the Supreme Court ruling @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:59 PM EST
The highest court will hear cases on challenges to gay marriage bans in four states and decide whether the U.S. Constitution affords equal rights to two people who marry regardless of their genders.
- Dollar finishes week in the red after less-than-stellar GDP data @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:54 PM EST
The ICE U.S. Dollar Index finishes the week lower Friday, after weaker-than-expected fourth-quarter gross domestic product data weighed on the greenback.
- Bullish dollar sentiment persists as net-long positions little changed @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:00 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) --- Net dollar-long positions narrowed slightly to $46 billion in the past week, mainly from a decline in net-shorts against the yen, according to data from the Commodity Futures ...
- 10-year Treasury yields see biggest one-month drop since mid-2011 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:59 PM EST
The yield on the 10-year Treasury bond records its largest one-month decline since August 2011.
- White House says economy grew 3.9% using a different measure of growth @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:53 PM EST
An alternative measure of GDP that strips out volatile inventory, trade and government spending show.
- 9 beauty products for under $30 that the experts recommend @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:52 PM EST
Winter can take a toll on how you look and feel. Here are beauty products that makeup artists recommend.
- For hard-driving Uber, compromise is a U-turn @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:51 PM EST
Uber Technologies Inc. has followed a pugnacious expansion strategy as it rolled into 277 cities around the world, sometimes skirting local laws and daring regulators to stop the smartphone-based car service. ...
- Obama Announces Genetic-Mapping Plan @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:45 PM EST
President Obama unveiled a $215 million Precision Medicine Initiative to help find genetic causes of disease. WSJ’s Thomas Burton reports on the News Hub with Sara Murray. Photo: AP.
- Super Bowl Storm: How Much Snow Will North Get? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:44 PM EST
A storm will bring heavy snow and frigid cold to the north on Super Bowl Sunday and the following Monday. WeatherBELL Analytics's Joe Bastardi explains what to expect with Sara Murray. Photo: AP.
- WSJ Market Wrap: Jan. 30, 2015 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:43 PM EST
U.S. stocks fell Friday and were on track to close out January with a loss as data showed U.S. economic growth slowed in the fourth quarter. Photo: Getty.
- 10 reasons you don’t hear the Doomsday Clock ticking @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:42 PM EST
America is addicted to Big Oil. But paradoxically, that’s numbing us to the terminal ticking sound of the disasters ahead. Our brains are trapped in denial — not just Big Oil and their right-wing climate-science ...
- How Gay Couples Should Plan Ahead of Court Ruling @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:36 PM EST
Financial planning may become a lot easier for same-sex couples if the Supreme Court rules extend their right to marry nationwide. MarketWatch's Priya Anand discusses what couples should know with Sara ...
- Not a single billionaire among the world’s 10 richest musicians @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:33 PM EST
There are no billionaires on the list, but Jay-Z and Beyonce, when added together, come close.
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:31 PM EST
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Can these robots make you rich? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:28 PM EST
Robo advisers: They sound like something out of a sci-fi movie, but really they’re the latest—techiest—trend in investing.
- 10 biggest financial-market events this week @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:26 PM EST
The Greek elections, crude oil and Apple’s blowout quarter led the news, writes Phil van Doorn.
- GFI shareholders vote down $746 million sale to CME, management @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:25 PM EST
Buyout proposal rejection opens the door for BCG to press its competing bid.
- Shake Shack IPO: Hearty Customer Appetite? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:19 PM EST
Wall street and investors gobbled up shares of Shake Shack on its market debut but how big of an appetite do customers have for the burger joint? WSJ’s Kristen Scholer braves the lunch time crowd in New ...
- One more way to view Shake Shack’s market valuation: about $150 per burger sold @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:19 PM EST
Shake Shack has one delicious first day of trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
- U.S. stocks routed in final hour, end month in the red @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:16 PM EST
U.S. stocks end Friday’s choppy trading session with big losses, as selling on Wall Street accelerated in the final hour
- ‘What, me worry?’ is the message from the Fed @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:15 PM EST
Several Fed officials take to the airwaves Friday to express confidence in the U.S. economy and dismiss fears from lower oil prices and a stronger dollar
- Opinion Journal: Super Bowl 2015: Fran Tarkenton’s Take @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:08 PM EST
NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback and frantarkenton.com Founder Fran Tarkenton on professional football's spate of scandals. Plus, his pick for Sunday’s game. Photo: Getty Images
- U.S. stocks sell off into close to end day, week and month lower @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:04 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks ended Friday's choppy trading session with significant losses, as selling on Wall Street accelerated dramatically in the final hour. The main indexes ended the month ...
- Why entrepreneurs reach out to female investors @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:03 PM EST
Female entrepreneurs look for female investors for shared experience, diversity
- Opinion Journal: Fast Food Comeback? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:59 PM EST
Business World Columnist Holman Jenkins Jr. on Shake Shack’s IPO and McDonald’s woes. Photo: Getty Images