- Oil continues to collapse a day after OPEC stands firm on production @ MarketWatch - 13 minutes ago
WTI Intermediate oil prices are bearing the brunt of the OPEC decision to not cut the oil-production quota to help boost oil prices.
- Australian shares slump after OPEC decision @ MarketWatch - 14 minutes ago
Energy stocks pull Australia’s market sharply lower early in the day after the world’s biggest oil-producing nations reject calls to cut their output, sending crude prices into a tailspin.
- U.S. stocks: Energy firms slammed after OPEC agreement @ MarketWatch - 15 minutes ago
Energy companies post hefty losses in U.S. premarket trade on Friday after OPEC decides to maintain its production target.
- Rocking the rye: A new sip is like a bottled Old Fashioned @ MarketWatch - 33 minutes ago
Slow & Low brings back the spirit of yesteryear’s saloons
- Don’t get stung by rising bank fees @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Big banks charge big fees; online accounts have lower fees.
- European oil stocks hit as OPEC holds production target @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
European stocks fall Friday, with oil stocks hit hard in the wake of a decision by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries not to cut its oil-production target.
- London oil stocks extend losses on OPEC target decision @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
U.K. stocks drop Friday, with oil and gas issues extending losses after the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries’s decision not to cut its oil-production target.
- 5 things NOT to buy on Cyber Monday @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Cyber Monday is the best day to buy clothes — but not much else.
- Wal-Mart to catch Amazon on mobile this holiday @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
As mobile shopping grows, traditional brick-and-mortar retailers are benefiting from upgraded apps
- Hong Kong stocks fall as energy shares weak @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong stocks fell for a second day, as the Hang Seng Index dropped 0.3%. Energy shares sold off, after international crude oil prices sank to a four-and-a-half year low on ...
- Japan stocks recover previous losses after data @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Japan stocks recovered some ground on Friday morning after two straight days of declines, after data showed Japan's October retail sales rose 1.4% on year and industrial production ...
- Here’s 7 topics not to broach during Thanksgiving dinner @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Consider yourself forewarned. If you wanna have an argument-free Thanksgiving meal, don’t try to debate the importance of Taylor Swift in the music biz or the merits of allegations being leveled against ...
- At JFK, Illegal Produce is Sent to the Grinder @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
Customs inspectors seize illegal produce from travelers at New York's JFK International Airport and send it to a grinder as the Muffin Monster. Photo: Leslie Josephs for The Wall Street Journal
- Is staying closed on Thanksgiving a sly marketing move? @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
For many retailers, the decision to remain closed on Thanksgiving is rooted in the idea of honoring the all-American holiday and letting employees enjoy time off with friends and family.
- Ruble, loonie driven lower after OPEC keeps output target @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
The currencies of oil producers Russia, Norway and Canada drop against the dollar after OPEC decides not to cut production levels, a decision that also weighed on oil prices.
- European stocks hold on to data-driven gains after OPEC decision @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
A fall in German unemployment and other economic readings help send indexes higher, though a decision by oil cartel OPEC to maintain production targets pulls on oil majors.
- Oil sinks below $68 as OPEC keeps output target unchanged @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Crude oil prices sink to a four-and-a-half year low on Thursday, on news that OPEC has kept its production levels unchanged.
- London oil stocks shoved lower as OPEC keeps production target @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Oil stocks in London sold off Thursday after the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries decides not to cut its existing output target of 30 million barrels a day.
- Famed mystery writer P.D. James dies at 94 @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
The British mystery writer P.D. James has died at 94. She gained famed for bringing a modernist touch to the tried-and-true detective story.
- Gold is ‘effectively shiny Bitcoin’: Citigroup’s Buiter @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Citigroup’s Willem Buiter says gold is nothing better than ‘shiny Bitcoin’ and no central bank should hold it in reserves.
- JetBlue hands out prizes on Thanksgiving, while Russians push their own planes @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
If Thanksgiving has greeted you with airport travel woes, then maybe you should try pushing the plane to its destination.
- A brief, wondrous history of OPEC landmark events @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
The cartel has decided to maintain production targets in one of its most closely watched meetings in years. Here’s a look back at other momentous events in OPEC’s history.
- Islamic State Bomb Ancient Muslim Shrines in Iraq @ MarketWatch - 21 hours ago
The U.S. State Department has condemned Syria’s bombing of Raqqa, while UNESCO has accused ISIS of a war crime following the destruction of Shia Muslim shrines in Iraq. Mark Kelly reports.
- 6 holiday scams and how to protect yourself @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Holiday season is prime time for scammers and identity thieves who hope to cash out as people become preoccupied with gift-buying, festivities and travel. Here’s how to protect yourself from being a victim....
- Cricketer Phillip Hughes Dies After Being Hit by Ball @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes, 25, died on Thursday, two days after being struck on the head by a cricket ball during a domestic game in Sydney. (Photo: Getty Images)
- Oil sinks further as OPEC meeting looms @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Comments from Saudi Arabia’s oil minister a day prior continues to sink oil prices and hopes for a cut in production.
- Four European stock indexes resume trading after glitch @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- The main indexes in Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Lisbon resumed trading on Thursday, after failing to open at the usual time of 9 a.m. local time. The failure was due a technical ...
- German bonds edge close to all-time highs @ MarketWatch - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 5:43 AM EST
The yield on German 10-Year bond falls to 0.726%, spurred by indications that the European Central Bank may be on the cusp of announcing plans to buy sovereign bonds.
- Taiwan Elections Grab China and U.S. Attention @ MarketWatch - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 5:41 AM EST
As Taiwan gets ready to vote for a fresh crop of local leaders this Saturday, the world’s two major powers are watching the outcome closely. The WSJ’s Taipei political correspondent Jenny W. Hsu explains ...
- Thai Manufacturers Resurrect Apprenticeships @ MarketWatch - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 5:27 AM EST
Manufacturers in Thailand are rolling up their sleeves to recruit and train vocational students under apprenticeship programs aimed at fulfilling the skills industry needs. WSJ’s Warangkana Chomchuen reports....
- Extended Raw Footage of Police Clearing Mong Kok @ MarketWatch - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Raw footage of Hong Kong police forcefully driving protesters down Shantung Street towards Nathan road on the 25th of November. Video: The Wall Street Journal / Thomas Di Fonzo
- Asia stocks: Latest quotes @ MarketWatch - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 12:32 AM EST
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Here are the latest trading levels for Asia's major stock markets: Tokyo (Nikkei Average) down 0.6% ; Hong Kong (Hang Seng Index) down 0.4% ; Shanghai (Shanghai Composite Index) ...
- Hong Kong protest site in Mong Kok cleared @ MarketWatch - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 12:07 AM EST
Police clear the most volatile protest site in Hong Kong and arrest several student protest leaders in an aggressive 24-hour operation that marks a new phase in the two-month-long occupation.
- Hong Kong Pop Star’s Stance on the Protests @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 11:41 PM EST
Hong Kong performing artist Denise Ho talks about her support for the student protest movement in the face of censorship in China. Photo: Getty Images
- EPA proposes stricter ozone air-pollution standard @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 10:15 PM EST
The Obama administration is preparing for the release of a series of energy regulations over the coming weeks in advance of a Republican-controlled Congress next year that will prompt pushback from industries ...
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday sales data mislead investors @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 5:00 PM EST
The holiday-shopping season tells us nothing about the economy, writes Mark Hulbert.
- Opinion Journal: San Francisco’s ‘Bill of Rights’ for Retail Workers @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Employment Policies Institute Research Director Michael Saltsman explains why the California city is imposing union-style work rules through legislative fiat. Photos: Getty Images
- Forget Pie. Make This Apple Bourbon Fall Cocktail @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Step aside, pie. Apples take a starring role in this bourbon cocktail. L'Apicio's Joe Campanale demonstrates the Apple Spice on WSJ After Hours with Elva Ramirez.
- Will Thanksgiving Holiday Calm Protests in Ferguson? @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Ferguson, Mo., is cleaning up after a second night of protests, but will protests continue as the Thanksgiving holiday nears? WSJ's Pervaiz Shallwani reports live from Ferguson. Photo: Getty.
- What Breweries Won't Tell You @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Craft beers are the darling brew for beer drinkers, but there may be a few things even diehards don't know. MarketWatch's Priya Anand reports on the News Hub. Photo: Getty.
- S&P 500, Dow score record close ahead of Thanksgiving break @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:28 PM EST
The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average ended slightly higher on Wednesday, scoring their 47th and 30th record closes this year
- Diamond Offshore, other energy stocks fall; Deere drops @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:26 PM EST
Deere report solid earnings but offer a weak outlook. Meanwhile, Hertz moves higher after a filing shows that activist investor Carl Icahn has upped his stake in the rental-car company.
- Where Multi-Millionaire Ranks Are Growing Fast, and Faster @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Ultra high-net-worth individuals, who have more than $30 million in assets, are becoming more common these days. Where do you find them? WSJ’s Jason Bellini has #TheShortAnswer.
- Obama Pardons 'Cheese' the Turkey for Thanksgiving @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:22 PM EST
President Obama, in a White House ceremony, pardons the annual Thanksgiving turkey, named Cheese.
- Thanksgiving travel trouble, in one nasty NASA satellite photo @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:20 PM EST
The storm that’s threatening Thanksgiving travel has triggered some 660 flight cancellations already. It looks even more terrifying seen from outer space.
- And the most popular city for Christmas vacation is… @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:17 PM EST
This place is not typically known for its family-friendly activities.
- Oil services sector rocked by plunge in SeaDrill’s stock @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:13 PM EST
The oil services sector closes broadly, and sharply, lower after SeaDrill’s announcement that it was suspending its dividend sent its stock reeling.
- S&P 500, Dow close at records @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 4:02 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average ended higher on Wednesday, scoring their 47th and 30th record closes this year. Gains were led by telecoms and technology sector stocks, ...
- Whole frozen turkey prices to see biggest decline in at least eight years: IHS @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 3:59 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Whole frozen Thanksgiving turkey prices are expected to decline 7.5% from last year's level, when they jumped 15%, according to IHS Global Insight. IHS chief economist Chris Christopher ...
- Thanksgiving travel guide, how to protect yourself from holiday scams @ MarketWatch - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 3:47 PM EST
How to handle flight cancellations and delays, 6 scams and how to avoid them.