- When do we turn the clocks ahead an hour? @ MarketWatch - 58 minutes ago
Daylight Saving Time is coming, quite possibly sooner than you think.
- LinkedIn thinks your security is worth about a dollar @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
LinkedIn has agreed to pay premium subscribers whose passwords were leaked three years ago and posted on a Russian hacker site what amounts to about $1 per affected user.
- Billions of Android apps vulnerable to hackers @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
More than five billion downloaded Android apps are vulnerable to hacks, a security report disclosed.
- 25 companies with the happiest interns @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Some internships are downright boring, and some are so bad that they make college students change their career paths entirely. But others make students, well, downright happy.
- 5 smarter things to buy than a Disney trip @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Disney has raised ticket prices again at its U.S. theme parks, meaning that a trip to the Magic Kingdom may be more expensive than ever for many families. Here are some alternative places to put your money....
- How to prep for the SAT and ACT for little or no money @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
There’s one college-related expense getting more affordable.
- Why Disney theme parks are a bargain — even at $105 a day @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Some people are complaining about Disney’s recent price hike. But Charles Passy says a Disney vacation is still one of the best bargains in travel.
- Jim Beam makes a nostalgia play with 100 proof ‘Bonded’ @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
This bottle has a special appeal to mixologists, who love all things historical when it comes to cocktails like the Manhattan and Old Fashioned.
- How to get the most from Social Security @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
You think taxes are complicated? Try figuring out the best time and best way to claim your Social Security benefits.
- Hidden costs of buying a vacation home @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Take the time to figure out what a vacation home purchase would really cost you. Otherwise, you may find that owning one is no holiday.
- The Window Screen That Cleans the Air @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a new kind of highly efficient air filter using nanotechnology that could ease breathing for people in polluted cities. WSJ's Monika Auger reports. Photo: ...
- Putin Political Opponent Shot Dead in Moscow @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
Boris Nemtsov, an antigovernment protestor and critic of Russian president Vladimir Putin, was shot and killed near the Kremlin late Friday, in what authorities said appeared to be a contract killing.
- Olivia Hooker, Who Saw and Made History, Turns 100 @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
Olivia Hooker, a retired professor, survivor of the 1921 Tulsa Race Riot and the first black woman to enlist in the U.S. Coast Guard, celebrated her 100th birthday in February. Photo: Peter J. Smith/Video: ...
- A half-century’s worth of wisdom from Warren Buffett @ MarketWatch - 15 hours ago
We found 50 of the most memorable quotes from Buffett’s annual letters to shareholders. Read and enjoy.
- Living Without a Cellphone Carrier @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
Could you go Wi-Fi only and manage without a cellphone carrier? WSJ’s Ryan Knutson did it for 30 days and lived to tell about it. Here are some of his tips.
- Jeb Bush: GOP Has to Start "Being For Things Again" @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
Potential presidential candidate Jeb Bush described the GOP as principled in its opposition to President Obama's agenda, but that the party needs to take a more positive approach to the future. Photo: ...
- Jeb Bush Defends Immigration Stance @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
Amid a sometimes hostile crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference, Jeb Bush said immigrants in the country illegally should have a pathway to legal status. Photo: AP
- Who Are the Three U.S. Residents Arrested for ISIS Ties? @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
Three U.S. residents were arrested on February 25 for trying to join or aid ISIS. Here's how the FBI learned about them—and eventually stopped two of them from traveling to Syria.
- Jeb Bush: World Engagement is Key to Defeating ISIS @ MarketWatch - 16 hours ago
At the Conservative Political Action Conference, Jeb Bush explains his plan for defeating ISIS. Photo: AP
- GM deals another blow to Ally Financial @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
General Motors will funnel all of its subsidized Chevrolet new-vehicle leases to its in-house GM Financial lending arm, the latest blow for Ally.
- What investors need to know as trading in natural gas heats up @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
Price gains for natural gas and heating oil are set to see a slowdown as the month draws to an end and the spring season is set to start.
- Uber reports data breach affecting drivers: report @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The names and driver's license numbers of thousands of Uber drivers "may be in the hands of an unauthorized third party" due to a data breach that happened last ...
- U.S. dollar rings up modest February gain @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
The U.S. dollar index consolidates, leaving it on track for a February gain after a largely sideways month.
- Three-week Homeland Security funding bill fails in House @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- A bill to fund the Homeland Security Department for three weeks failed in the House of Representatives on Friday. Funding for the department, which includes the U.S. Border ...
- Putin critic Boris Nemtsov assassinated in Moscow: report @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Russian opposition politician and former Deputy Prime Minister Boris Nemtsov was shot dead in Moscow on Friday, according to Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty, citing multiple ...
- Yes. No. Maybe: CPACers on Potential 2016 Candidates @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
WSJ asked attendees at the Conservative Political Action Conference what they thought of potential 2016 GOP candidates like Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.
- Renderings of Google’s futuristic new HQ have no desks @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
Google releases a proposal for a future campus in Mountain View, Calif.
- Surprising tax deductions, Facebook tries to stop suicides @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
What you can deduct from income taxes, Facebook tries to prevent suicides.
- How to invest like Leonard Nimoy’s Mr. Spock @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
On Mr. Spock’s home planet Vulcan, investors are completely rational and acting like humans would be highly illogical, writes Brett Arends.
- 6 things to know about Apple Watch ahead of March 9 @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
Apple is set to unveil the final version of its Apple Watch on March 9, but there are reasons why investors shouldn’t get too caught up in the hype.
- Star Trek 'Spock' Actor Leonard Nimoy Dies at 83 @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
Leonard Nimoy, the actor best known for playing the cerebral, half-alien Spock on “Star Trek,” died Friday, according to his talent agent, Bob Gersh. He was 83 years old. Photo: AP
- Kleiner Perkins argues Pao failed because of prickly personality @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Kleiner Perkins seeks to show Ellen Pao failed at the firm because of a prickly personality, not gender discrimination.
- U.S. stocks end lower, but manage solid monthly gains @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
U.S. stocks ended February with a whimper, closing lower on Friday. The main indexes finished the week roughly where they started it, but still booked hefty monthly gains.
- What would Spock do? The secret rules of the Vulcan stock market @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Why, on Vulcan, there are no financial panics or day traders, nor hedge funds or subprime crises. Bankers do not expect a bailout if they lend money to people who cannot afford to pay it back.
- Under Armour Foresees Electronic Clothing @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Athletic gear company Under Armour is investing over $700 million on fitness apps. WSJ's Sara Germano reports. Photo: AP
- 10-year yield nabs its largest monthly gain in nearly 2 years @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
The benchmark 10-year Treasury yield inched lower Friday, still finishing the month of February with a sizable rise.
- Winter Is the Worst...Except for These Businesses @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
As winter lingers in NYC, some small businesses—from bikram-yoga studios to indoor dog-walking venues—stand to benefit. WSJ contributor Corinne Ramey reports. Photo: Andrew Hinderaker for The Wall Street ...
- Dropbox taps Vodafone for international growth @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Dropbox is partnering with Vodafone to provide the default service for Vodafone customers to back up and synch photos on their Android phones.
- Stocks just registered their largest monthly gains in nearly four years @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
February once again proved that dull markets can be the most profitable.
- WSJ Market Wrap: Feb. 27, 2015 @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
U.S. stocks traded slightly lower Friday, but were still on track to post their biggest monthly percentage gains since 2011. J.C. Penney shares fell 5.4% after the retailer reported a surprise loss for ...
- Tesla Motors nearly doubled staff in 2014 @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Efforts to grow to 500,000 in sales is behind the surge in electric-car company’s hiring.
- These apparel retailers are most under pressure to raise wages @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Foot Locker, Finish Line and Ross Stores are under pressure to follow Wal-Mart in raising their minimum wage.
- Facebook moves into suicide prevention @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Facebook announced that it’s adding new tools to help any of its 1.35 billion users who express suicidal thoughts on their page.
- Stocks end lower, but score biggest monthly gains since 2011 @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks ended the month with a whimper, closing lower on Friday. The main indexes finished the week roughly where they started it, but still booked hefty monthly gains. Analysts ...
- FDIC releases Doral Bank failure news early @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said in a news release Friday that Puerto Rico regulators closed Doral Bank and appointed the FDIC as receiver. The agency subsequently sent an email saying the release ...
- Brent, WTI crude end seven-month losing streak @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Brent crude saw its largest monthly climb in nearly six years and Brent and WTI crude both ended a seven-month losing streak.
- KFC takes on packaging waste with edible coffee cups at U.K. stores @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Fast-food chain’s innovative coffee cups are made of cookie and wrapped in sugar paper.
- Opinion Journal: Seceding from New York State? @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Business World Columnist Holman Jenkins Jr. on the economic impact of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s ban on fracking and the money trail behind the nation-wide anti-fracking lobby.
- There’s now a high-frequency trading book in the ‘for dummies’ series @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
The book, as part of the popular “For Dummies” series, seeks to explain the complex subject of high-frequency trading
- Opinion Journal: The Turning of Tom Wheeler @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
Business World Columnist Holman Jenkins Jr. explains how the White House bullied a formerly independent agency into regulating the Internet.