- 10 things teens won’t tell you @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
The secret and costly life of the American teenager—and why teens’ app-using, driving and shopping habits matter to the rest of us.
- 7 top money management apps @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Keeping a balanced budget can help you stay on track and sleep better at night.
- 5 apps for spying on your spouse @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
How to keep tabs on your loved ones—for better or for worse.
- 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S is snappy and comfortable @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
The 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT is the second model fully developed by Mercedes’ in-house AMG performance arm following the limited production gullwing SLS supercar.
- Take a ride in one of Fidel Castro’s limos @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Cuba is famous to car fans all over the globe for classic American cars that fill the streets of its capital, Havana.
- You can put the next stock-market crash on your 2016 calendar now @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Paul B. Farrell argues that the ingredients are in place for a market crash that takes the Dow industrials as low as 10,000 around the time of the next presidential election.
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- 10 things not to buy in 2015 @ MarketWatch - 19 hours ago
The 10 technologies, products and services most likely to give you buyer’s remorse in 2015.
- Things Not to Buy in 2015 @ MarketWatch - 20 hours ago
There will lots of things on sale come the new year, but there are a few things smart buyers should avoid. MarketWatch's Quentin Fottrell discusses on the News Hub. Photo: Getty.
- Goodbye Holidays, Hello Returns Season @ MarketWatch - 20 hours ago
As the holiday season winds down, returns season kicks into gear. WSJ’s Laura Stevens discusses how retailers are trying to stay ahead of costly returns. Photo: Getty.
- New Year's Cocktails: The Scarlet Night @ MarketWatch - 20 hours ago
The Scarlet Night is just the drink to kiss off the end of the year. Made Nice bar director Leo Robitschek makes his favorite New Year's cocktail for Elva Ramirez.
- U.S. stocks: Dow industrials, S&P 500 close at records @ MarketWatch - 20 hours ago
Santa continued to shower gifts on stock-market investors, as the S&P 500 index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average once again closed at record levels.
- Learning Dance From Iraq, Over Skype @ MarketWatch - 21 hours ago
Dancer Sean Scantlebury has been giving 22-year-old Aadel Qies Aadel of Baghdad regular dance lessons from Manhattan using Skype. Photo: Andrew Lamberson for The Wall Street Journal
- Why speculators see opportunity in younger, cyclical stocks @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
An easing in the Russian crisis and continued uplifting news on the economy allow shares to drift higher in lax, holiday-related dealings.
- Tesla upgrades to Roadster will give it 400-mile range @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Tesla Motor said it will demonstrate the Roadster’s improved range with a non-stop drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles early next year.
- Holiday sales buoyed by low gas prices, falling jobless rate @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
First reports from retailers and industry groups suggest the season performed according to forecasts.
- Newscast: 2015 a year for hiring @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Dow and S&P extend gains. Survey says most companies plan to hire workers next year. Adrienne Mitchell reports.
- SEC tells Congress it plans to fix flaw in electronic distribution system @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Members of Congress had expressed concerns about the distribution issue.
- Gold finishes holiday week with a small loss @ MarketWatch - 22 hours ago
Gold prices finish higher for the week Friday in thin holiday trade.
- Holiday sales climb 5.5% over 2013: MasterCard @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Retail sales, excluding automotive sales, rose 5.5% this holiday season from Black Friday through Christmas Eve, MasterCard said Friday. The payment-card company said its SpendingPulse ...
- Putin's Problems in 2014 @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
From the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, to the plunging ruble, Russian President Vladimir Putin enters 2015 with a list of pressing problems. WSJ's Jason Bellini reports.
- Moviegoers React to 'The Interview' @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
New York moviegoers give their reactions after attending a screening of Sony Pictures' "The Interview." Photo/Video: AP
- French Car-Sharing App Offers a Chance for Talkers @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
France-based BlaBlaCar, which connects drivers with potential passengers, has signed up 10 million users in 13 European countries. The founders chose the name in recognition of the importance of conversation ...
- Moneyologist: When Is a Gift Not Really a Gift? @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
Moneyologist Quentin Fottrell joins Lunch Break to answer how you should handle gifts that come with an expensive obligation. Photo: iStock/nullplus
- Tips for Investing in 2015 @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
What should you keep in mind as you tweak your investment portfolio for the year ahead? WSJ’s Lindsay Gellman offers tips on Lunch Break with Veronica Dagher. Photo: Getty
- How to Avoid a Sony-Style Hack in 2015 @ MarketWatch - 23 hours ago
SecurityScorecard CEO Aleksandr Yampolskiy offer tips on Lunch Break that every company should keep in mind to avoid Sony-style hack attacks. Photo: Getty
- Retailers Get a Christmas Gift From Consumers, and More @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:46 PM EST
American retailers see best holiday sales growth in three years. Xbox Live and PlayStation Networks experience connection problems. Jordan begins effort to secure pilot captured by ISIS. Simon Constable ...
- Does it pay to airbrush your holiday photos? @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Looking good in photos has never been cheaper or easier, but an obvious retouching could backfire on you.
- GoPro leads holiday sales of cameras on Amazon @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Online retailer unveils its best sellers in a range of categories this season.
- Newscast: Dow, S&P extend records @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:24 PM EST
Stocks gain. "The Interview" is the #1 video on YouTube. Adrienne Mitchell reports.
- Wall Street's yearend rally back on track @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:23 PM EST
Wall Street's yearend gains are more than just seasonal says Brent Schutte, senior investment strategist & portfolio manager at BMO Global Asset Management. He says recent economic data offer "a pretty ...
- Press ‘replay’ on your 2014 investments @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:21 PM EST
Our interactive lets you see how key asset classes performed so that you can plan for the year ahead.
- Mangroves Reborn on India's Tsunami-Ravaged Coast @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:10 PM EST
In India, the 2004 tsunami prompted villagers and scientists to revive long-dead coastal mangroves to protect against future floods. The WSJ's Jesse Pesta visits a pilot project.
- These 9 tweets didn’t spread news — they made news @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Here are a few of our favorite tweets from 2014.
- ‘The Interview’ is owning YouTube right now @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:00 PM EST
Sony’s controversial film ‘The Interview’ is the most popular video on YouTube Friday, despite a $5.99 price tag for a 48-hour rental.
- Make sure to follow these Twitter pros in 2015 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:34 AM EST
In the frenzied, hash-tagging world of Twitter, it’s always good to have a few go-to tweeters, who have some Wall Street, stock-market savvy.
- 2014 was the year that all predictions were wrong @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:29 AM EST
So the lesson for 2015 is, don’t make any, writes Marek Fuchs.
- GoPro, Gilead Sciences, Celgene gain @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:27 AM EST
GoPro shares continue to surge in the wake of the end of a lock-up period earlier this week.
- Gutsy Teen Undergoes Radical Spinal Surgery @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Seven months ago, Megan Crowley made a gutsy decision: to undergo a radical surgery to straighten out her spine, which has been crippled by Pompe disease. Photo: Lexey Swall
- The best-read MarketWatch articles of 2014 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:17 AM EST
Your guide to the best-read articles on MarketWatch this year.
- Visa suspends operations in Crimea @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:13 AM EST
Move follows another round of U.S. sanctions against Ukrainian peninsula annexed be Russia.
- Breathtaking Time-Lapse of Earth From Space @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:09 AM EST
Watch this eye-catching time-lapse of Earth through ESA astronaut Alexander Gerst's perspective from space during his six-month Blue Dot mission on the International Space Station.
- Super Saturday sales rise 0.5% to mark biggest shopping day of the year: ShopperTrak @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:57 AM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Retail sales on Super Saturday, the last Saturday before Christmas, rose 0.5% this holiday season over 2013, making it the biggest shopping day of the year, according to data ...
- Missouri puts costs of security for Ferguson protests at more than $12 million @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:15 AM EST
The cost of security for protests following the fatal shooting in August of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer in suburban St. Louis is now estimated to exceed $12.5 million.
- Jim Fusilli's Best Albums of 2014 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:03 AM EST
WSJ rock and pop critic Jim Fusilli pores through the year in music and discusses his top albums of 2014 with Paul Vigna. Photo: Mute Records.
- Encryption is the solution for a Sony style hack @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST
The Sony data breach is like an ad for data encryption. Steve Potisk talks with an encryption specialist at PKWARE about how to easily defend against such attacks.
- Returning to Sri Lanka, 10 Years After the Tsunami @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST
The 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami ravaged the Sri Lankan village of Peraliya. The WSJ's Patrick Barta returned ten years later to find a place still struggling to come to terms with the deadly waves.
- Indonesia’s Aceh Province Has Rebuilt After ’04 Tsunami @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:59 AM EST
One young survivor tells of being taken as a child and forced to beg in a distant city. The WSJ’s Richard C. Paddock reports from Banda Aceh in Indonesia.
- Phuket Tourist Numbers Triple Since 2004 Tsunami @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:59 AM EST
A decade after a tsunami tore through Thailand’s popular Phuket beach region, tourist, flight and hotel numbers have surged. WSJ’s Ramy Inocencio reports from Khao Lak.
- Ukraine cuts power, train services to Crimea @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:50 AM EST
Move could raise tensions with Russia, which annexed the peninsula in March.