- What South Park can teach us about startups and Silicon Valley’s ‘bro’ culture @ MarketWatch - 4 minutes 5 seconds ago
South Park’s season 18 rips on America’s startup and crowdfunding culture, however it is laced with truths.
- DoubleLine funds have year's largest inflow as Bill Gross exits Pimco @ MarketWatch - 5 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- DoubleLine Capital, the family of bond market mutual funds run by Jeffrey Gundlach, saw their biggest monthly net inflows of year in the month that Bill Gross said he was leaving ...
- [audio] Newscast: Dow falls 225 points @ MarketWatch - 7 minutes ago
A sharp sell-off on Wall Street has the Nasdaq sliding almost one and a half percent.
- [video] Opinion: Golden State Greenies @ MarketWatch - 41 minutes ago
Editorial Page Writer Allysia Finely on the ironies of California’s green agenda exposed by governor Jerry Brown. Photo credit: Getty Images.
- [video] Opinion: Fire Pierson @ MarketWatch - 42 minutes ago
Editorial Board Member Joe Rago on the stunning security breach at the White House and what it says about the Secret Service. Photo credit: Associated Press.
- [video] Opinion: ObamaCare Loses In Oklahoma @ MarketWatch - 45 minutes ago
Editorial Board Member Joe Rago on the latest legal blow to ObamaCare. Photo credit: Getty Images.
- [video] Opinion: No Prize for Prejudice @ MarketWatch - 46 minutes ago
Editorial Page Writer Sohrab Ahmari on Egyptian dissident and anti-Semite Alaa Abdel Fattah whose controversial nomination for the Sakharov Prize has been withdrawn. Photo credit: Getty Images.
- [video] Spring 2015 Runway Season: Top Hits @ MarketWatch - 52 minutes ago
What were the top moments from the Spring 2015 runway fashion shows? WSJ's Christina Binkley shares her thoughts with Tanya Rivero. Photo: Louis Vuitton
- Vivint Solar to tap former parent company’s client list @ MarketWatch - 52 minutes ago
Vivint Solar Inc. tells MarketWatch it could tap customer connections of former parent Vivint, the security and home automation company, to expand its business.
- Wayfair IPO marks first test for e-commerce offering since Alibaba @ MarketWatch - 54 minutes ago
Online home-goods retailer to price its IPO later on Wednesday.
- Ebola prevention tips from the CDC @ MarketWatch - 55 minutes ago
The CDC guidelines to minimize the contagion risk of Ebola.
- Obama calls on Netanyahu to help ‘shake up’ Mideast peace process @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
President Barack Obama on Wednesday called on Israel’s prime minister to help shake up the status quo with Palestinians as the sides seek to find a more lasting peace in the region.
- [video] Jerry Seib: Netanyahu’s Warning to the U.S. @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned the U.S. not to be so distracted by Islamic State that it forgets the problem of the Iranian nuclear program. Jerry Seib explains why he has a point. Photo: ...
- [video] Mobile Now Overtaking the Travel Industry @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
The travel booking industry is seeing a sea change as the use of mobile devices for bookings rises. Mollie Spilman, chief revenue officer for Criteo, joins MoneyBeat. Photo: Getty.
- This is the last photo we’ll ever run of the NYSE trading floor @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
With electronic trading dominant, the media need new ways to represent the ups and downs of the stock markets, says MarketWatch Editor Jeremy Olshan. In other words, #NoSadTraders.
- [video] Beauty Industry Targets Pollution @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
The harmful effects of pollutants on skin are about to break out as a major focus for product marketers. WSJ's Elizabeth Holmes and Tanya Rivero discuss. Photo: iStock/Urbancow
- [video] Ebola: How the U.S. Will Contain the Threat @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
How does the U.S. contain the threat of the Ebola outbreak? Vanderbilt University professor Dr. William Schaffner discusses on Lunch Break with Tanya Rivero. Photo: AP
- [video] Southwest Airlines Grows Up @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
The Southwest Airlines of today is very different from the one a decade ago. Can the airline retain small-carrier charm as it grows? WSJ's Scott McCartney and Tanya Rivero discuss. Photo: AP
- [video] Beautiful Earth Time-Lapse From ISS Astronaut @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
European Space Agency astronaut Alexander Gerst captured this stunning time-lapse showing sunrise, lightning and an aurora over earth from the International Space Station. Photo: YouTube/ESA and Alexander ...
- Short sellers are getting squeezed in this Treasury market @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Short positions in the Treasury market are super-charging this rally in government bond prices.
- A map of Obama visits shows reticence to enter key races @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
A look at the president’s travels reveal a reluctance to visit the key Senate races.
- What to read into the junk-bond divergence @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
While stocks were continuing to rise higher in September, junk bonds were selling off heavily, suggesting that perhaps the drop we’re seeing in the market now is the correction many have been waiting for....
- The cost of doing business at J.P. Morgan @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Even with massive legal fees and a new $10 billion lawsuit, J.P. Morgan profits are growing.
- [video] Australian Consumer Spending Loses Puff @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Australian consumer spending lost momentum in August, raising doubts about whether the country’s attempt to find new sources of growth is working.
- [video] Secret Service Veteran: Breaches a 'Catastrophic Failure' @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Veteran Secret Service agent Dan Emmett guarded three U.S. presidents and recently wrote a book about it called "Within Arm's Length." He says the recent White House security breaches were a ...
- ‘We can out-doctor Ebola’: Scientists, experts answer questions on Reddit @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
As news of the first case of Ebola diagnosed on U.S. soil spreads, social-media site Reddit becomes a major forum for concerned parties.
- RadioShack’s response to its struggles? Play with toys @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
Forget the concerns that RadioShack Corp.’s days could be numbered. The beleaguered electronics retailer has a message for the faithful: It’s got some cool holiday toys to sell.
- [audio] Newscast: Dow tumbles below 17,000 @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
The benchmarks are retreating more than one percent.
- Supermarkets Sainsbury, Tesco under pressure in London @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
A sales decrease puts pressure on shares of Sainsbury, while an investigation into a massive accounting error gets underway at Tesco.
- Nouriel Roubini — a.k.a. Dr. Doom — warns of rising risks around the world @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
Geopolitical risks have multiplied, but global markets have "remained buoyant, if not downright bubbly," says economist Nouriel Roubini. That could change, however.
- The automaker the top performers like the most @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Which automaker stock should you consider first? I turn to the advisers with the best long-term records for answers.
- Hazmat-suit maker Lakeland shares rally on Ebola concern @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Lakeland Industries Inc. rallied Wednesday following confirmation of the first case of the Ebola virus on U.S. soil. Lakeland shares rose 10% to $7.62 on more than ...
- European stocks, euro fall after fresh round of dreary data @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
European equities fall and the euro was stuck at two-year lows against the dollar on Wednesday, as economic data highlight the growth challenges facing the European Central Bank.
- [video] First Ebola Case in U.S. Is Confirmed, and More @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
What's News: An Ebola patient is being treated in a Texas hospital. An armed felon rode in an elevator with President Obama. ADP reports September hiring was strong. Lee Hawkins reports.
- Dollar trades flat against yen after ISM data @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
The U.S. dollar turns flat against the yen, but continues to gain against the euro, pound and Australian dollar as Institute for Supply Management data shows manufacturing grew at a slower-than-expected ...
- [audio] Stocks begin October on a sour note @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Today's decline may not be a harbinger of further losses to come, says portfolio manager Marty Leclerc at Barrack Yard Advisors. He points out that stocks tend to do well in October in mid-term election ...
- Manufacturers tap on brakes but still grow rapidly in September @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
American manufacturers slowed down a bit in September, but they’re still growing at the fastest rate in several years and expect the good times to continue. The Institute for Supply Management index said ...
- 5 key things to worry about in October @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Wall Street’s most notorious month offers plenty to haunt investors.
- [video] Does the Bull Market Have More Life? @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
A resurgent dollar is remaking the investment landscape as Fed stimulus ends, in a shift many fund managers expect will propel U.S. stocks, and even bonds, to fresh gains. Tom Lauricella joins MoneyBeat. ...
- [video] Dan Tana's: Hollywood's Iconic Red-Sauce Joint @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Dan Tana’s is an old-fashioned, checkered tablecloth kinda joint. But that hasn't stopped Hollywood's A-list, neighborhood regulars and tourists from rubbing shoulders there for the last five decades. ...
- [video] Judge Tosses Suits Related to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Profits @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
A district-court judge dismissed claims brought against the federal government for a decision to sweep nearly all of the profits of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to the U.S. Treasury. Joe Light joins MoneyBeat. ...
- Airline stocks fall across the board on Ebola fears @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. airline stocks fell sharply on Wednesday, as investors fretted that news of a first Ebola case in Texas would discourage people from flying. Delta Air Lines fell 3.7%, United ...
- U.S. stocks skid; manufacturing slows down @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
U.S. stock investors continue to sell off this week, pushing prices lower on Wednesday, as upbeat employment and manufacturing data for September, continued to raise concerns that the Federal Reserve may ...
- [video] Japan Volcano Ontake Search for Survivors Resumes @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
The hunt for survivors trapped after Saturday’s Mount Ontake volcano eruption is back under way, following a suspension due to increased seismic activity. WSJ’s Mark Kelly reports.
- 10 S&P 500 earnings winners whose shares have risen up to 73% @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
These companies’ outperformance may extend into the fourth quarter, writes Phil van Doorn.
- GM shares down 0.2% ahead of financial outlook update @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of General Motors Co. traded 0.2% lower Wednesday ahead of a financial outlook update. GM executives are expected to be grilled by Wall Street on the latest news about ...
- Buffett wins as Coca-Cola alters executive pay plan @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Coca-Cola says changes to its executive-compensation plan will result in fewer stock awards and options to employees.
- Take a look at the good news in the Middle East @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
The Egyptian people have crowdfunded a new Suez Canal, contradicting those who only see division and war in the Middle East, writes Ahmed Amer.
- Profit warnings fall for third straight quarter as investors prep for earnings season @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
According to FactSet, just 83 companies in the S&P 500 are offering a negative outlook for third-quarter earnings.
- August construction spending falls 0.8% @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Outlays for U.S. construction projects fell 0.8% in August to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $961.0 billion, the U.S. Commerce Department reported Wednesday. Economists ...