- Valeant posts wider loss for fourth quarter as revenue dips @ MarketWatch - 1 minute 0 seconds ago
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares jumped, then reversed their gains, in premarket trade Tuesday, after the company reported a fourth-quarter loss and decline in revenues, but still beat ...
- Starbucks to open cafes and a Roastery in Milan in 2018 @ MarketWatch - 2 minutes 11 seconds ago
Starbucks Corp. said Tuesday that the first of its Starbucks Roastery locations in the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions will open in Milan in 2018. It will be the fifth location in the world. The ...
- 10 best-performing stocks in February include Monopoly maker Hasbro @ MarketWatch - 2 minutes 32 seconds ago
Health care is the top sector, as Trump seeks to redo the Affordable Care Act.
- Avnet boosts dividend and share buyback program @ MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago
Avnet Inc. said Tuesday that it will raise its quarterly dividend by 5.9% and boost its stock repurchase program by $500 million, in the wake of the sale of its technology solutions business announced ...
- The hell-or-high-water stocks that may ride out politics and bubble talk @ MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago
When Trump takes the podium later, investors will be zeroing in on all he has to say about stimulus. Our call of the day looks at some stocks that care a bit less about POTUS, but still make worthwhile ...
- Number of distressed U.S. retailers at highest level since Great Recession @ MarketWatch - 17 minutes ago
Moody’s is the latest ratings agency to weigh in on the state of the retail sector, which is rapidly replacing oil and gas as this year’s trouble spot.
- Colgate-Palmolive called out by SEC for non-standard earnings @ MarketWatch - 23 minutes ago
The Securities and Exchange Commission questions the company’s use of 10 non-GAAP measures in filings for 2015 and early 2016.
- Tesla stock slides more than 5% as Goldman downgrades it to sell @ MarketWatch - 23 minutes ago
Goldman Sachs analysts cited near-term challenges including the launch of the mass-market sedan, the Model 3.
- Target's stock plunges after profit miss, downbeat outlook @ MarketWatch - 25 minutes ago
Shares of Target Corp. tumbled 11% in premarket trade after the discount retailer missed profit expectations and provided a downbeat outlook. Earnings for the quarter to Jan. 28 fell to $817 million, or ...
- SeaWorld posts bigger-than-expected quarter loss as revenue falls short @ MarketWatch - 26 minutes ago
SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. said Tuesday it had a net loss of $11.9 million, or 14 cents a share, in the fourth quarter, after a loss of $11.0 million, or 13 cents a share, in the year-earlier period. ...
- Asian markets tick up ahead of Trump’s address to Congress @ MarketWatch - 46 minutes ago
Asian stocks finished mostly higher Tuesday, as investors waited for fiscal policy details in U.S. President Donald Trump’s speech to Congress.
- The S&P 500 is on track for its largest monthly gain in nearly a year @ MarketWatch - 55 minutes ago
The U.S. stock market is on track for solid monthly gains, with just one session to go in February.
- How to Elect a Leader in Hong Kong @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Hong Kong will elect its new leader on March 26. Although many Hong Kongers would like everyone to have a vote, the system to elect a new chief executive is a far cry from universal suffrage. Graphic: ...
- The EU is acting tough on Brexit — and that could lead to a bruising trade war @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
British Prime Minister Theresa May gained some support from an unusual source at home, but finds that her Brexit negotiating position is weaker than she hoped.
- Why you may never again have to stand in line with your credit card for drinks at a bar @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
More consumers will be able to pre-order beer and snacks using their smartphones.
- Why this economist says the market should go up 35% in 2 or 3 years @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
The stock market is setting new highs, but the bull market has plenty to room left to run, writes Peter Morici.
- The worst airline in America is… @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
A new study crunches numbers to score companies on customer satisfaction.
- Here’s how analysts say you should trade Trump’s speech to Congress @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
President Donald Trump’s upcoming speech to Congress is expected to be a tradable event.
- How the stock market has reacted to State of the Union speeches @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
President Donald Trump is due to speak to Congress on Tuesday night, and investors will be looking for plenty of clues about tax policy, Obamacare and other market-sensitive items from his speech. Here’s ...
- J.C. Penney’s store closures are a good move, but could signal bigger problems @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
J.C. Penney said it would close up to 140 stores and two distribution centers, which analysts believe is a step in the right direction, but doesn’t solve other problems.
- The toxic tale of those coveted Mardi Gras beads @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Independent research on beads collected from New Orleans parades has found toxic levels of lead, bromine, arsenic, phthalate plasticizers, halogens, cadmium, chromium, mercury and chlorine on and inside ...
- Tepper, Buffett join bullish chorus betting on unrelenting stock-market climb @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Hedge-fund billionaire David Tepper joins Warren Buffett on the list of high-profile investors who are bullish on equities. Tepper told CNBC on Monday that he remains long stocks and expects the prices ...
- How (not) to divorce a millionaire @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
What happens to a $1 million individual retirement account in the event a marriage breaks up?
- ‘He is behind it’: Trump blames Obama for protests, leaks @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
President Donald Trump blamed former President Barack Obama for the wave of protests around the country, and suggested he might also be responsible for the leaks coming from within the White House in an ...
- Status anxiety: Millionaires can’t seem to flee this European country fast enough... @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
There was a surge in high-net-worth individuals moving country last year.
- Yellen could put March hike in play with Friday speech @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Fed Chief Janet Yellen is scheduled to speak one day before the Fed goes silent ahead of its March 14-15 meeting. If Yellen talks up a rate hike, the market could price it in.
- The bull market is ‘relentless’ but risky, says Goldman @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
U.S. stock market investors have been confronted with an unusual dilemma of late: the number of apparent risks is growing, but no one seems to care.
- U.S. stocks struggle to resume record run as traders wait for Trump’s speech @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
U.S. stock futures on Tuesday point to little change at the open, as analysts say a speech tonight by President Trump could determine the market’s next move following its record-setting rally.
- Defense stocks rise but broader European market hesitates before Trump speech @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
European stocks are meandering around the flatline Tuesday, as investors prepare to hear from U.S. President Donald Trump about his plans to boost growth in the world’s largest economy.
- Putin, in the news in the U.S., faces an enemy at home @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Vyacheslav Volodin, once a loyalist, is taking steps to shore up his power in the legislature.
- You can kiss 10% stock returns goodbye @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
Low dividend yields suggest that stock returns over the coming decade likely won’t match their long-term average, writes Mark Hulbert.
- Does Trump really know how to fix Americans’ health care? @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
Angry about your health insurance premiums? You should be, writes Brett Arends.
- Incredibly cheap emerging-markets stocks still aren’t worth buying @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Stay away because there are four big risks in China, Mexico and Brazil, among other countries, writes Howard Gold.
- FTSE 100 marks time ahead of Trump address @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
U.K. stocks seesawed between small gains and losses Tuesday, with investors wrapping up February trade casting an eye toward the prospect of higher interest rates and more infrastructure spending in the ...
- Small Plane Crashes Into Two California Homes @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
A small plane carrying a family of five crashed into two homes in Riverside, California, Monday evening, killing at least three people. Photo: The Press-Enterprise/AP
- SpaceX Plans to Take Tourists Around the Moon in Two Years @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Billionaire Elon Musk's SpaceX—Space Exploration Technologies—said it plans to take tourists on a trip around the moon in as little as two years, after it starts ferrying NASA astronauts to the international ...
- What’s going on in Scotland, and what it means for the pound @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Worries that Scotland is headed for another referendum on independence could clobber the pound, already driven low by concerns over the U.K.’s own exit from the European Union.
- Dollar drifts south as market waits to hear from Trump @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
The greenback was struggling to hold onto overnight gains triggered by renewed expectation for a Federal Reserve interest-rate increase next month.
- Oil prices creep higher as investors wait for more data @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Oil prices made scant gains overnight on signs that participants in an Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries-led production cut agreement are fulfilling their pledges.
- Wal-Mart upgrades app to speed up pharmacy refills, money transfers @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced an upgrade to its mobile app Tuesday that will allow customers using its pharmacies and money services to skip paperwork and save time waiting in lines by using “express ...
- CIO Network: How Baidu Uses AI @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Baidu Chief Scientist Andrew Ng takes WSJ's Scott Austin through all the different parts of his company's business that are powered by AI. They speak at the CIO Network in San Francisco, Calif.
- CIO Network: Better Speech Recognition Coming Soon @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Baidu Chief Scientist Andrew Ng says that improvements in t speech recognition could make it's use far more ubiquitous among average users. He speaks with WSJ's Scott Austin at the CIO Network in San Francisco....
- CIO Network: Will AI Take Your Job? @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Baidu Chief Scientist Andrew Ng and Singularity University's Neil Jacobstein talk about the types of jobs that could be replaced with AI in the near future. They speak with WSJ's Scott Austin at the CIO ...
- CIO Network: AIs Are Getting Smarter @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Chair at Singularity University Neil Jacobstein talks about some recent achievements where AIs have been able to solve complex problems. He speaks with WSJ's Scott ...
- America’s battle with drugs: Fatal overdoses spike among white, middle-aged men @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Some states are struggling under a worsening heroin and prescription medication epidemic.
- Sterling Jewelers accused of rampant sexual harassment: report @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Sterling Jewelers Inc., the company that owns mall mainstays Kay Jewelers and Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, is being accused by hundreds of former employees of fostering an atmosphere of “rampant sexual ...
- Wilbur Ross confirmed to lead Commerce Department @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
The U.S. Senate confirmed Wilbur Ross as secretary of commerce Monday evening by a 72-27 vote. Ross, 79, a billionaire investor, is expected to play a crucial role in President Donald Trump's plans to ...
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway More Than Doubles Apple Stake @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Warren Buffett said that Berkshire Hathaway has more than doubled its stake in Apple since the start of 2017, making the technology giant one of Berkshire’s biggest equity holdings. WSJ's Lee Hawkins explains....
- Hugh Jackman on 'Logan' @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
Hugh Jackman stops by the WSJ Cafe to talk about his new movie "Logan" and why he's finished with the X-Men and playing his superhero character Wolverine. Photo: 20th Century Fox
- Snap IPO: Six things to know about Snapchat parent company @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
Snap filed to go public Thursday and recorded a net loss of $514.6 million in 2016, but high user engagement.