- Do the math — Brexit really is starting to bite at European companies @ MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago
More than half of European companies that have reported earnings so far are talking about the impact from Brexit — here’s what the key ones have to say.
- Gold stays firm after Fed meeting fuels the bulls @ MarketWatch - 16 minutes ago
Gold prices remain higher Thursday as the Fed policy statement fuels expectations among gold bulls that the central bank is going to hold off on rate hikes.
- Asian markets fall ahead of Bank of Japan decision @ MarketWatch - 42 minutes ago
Japanese shares fall Thursday as investors remain cautious about a potential stimulus package from the country’s government.
- 10 good things that have happened in 2016 @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
If you want doom and gloom, it’s not hard to find. But one Reddit user asked about the positives and his question was met with a flood of responses. Whaddya know? It’s a rare feel-good moment on the internet....
- Facebook’s rapid growth is about to slow down @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Don’t get too giddy about the heady growth Facebook reported Wednesday, because the company threw up a giant caution sign in its conference call.
- What to watch for in Amazon earnings @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Analysts will be looking beyond e-commerce to Prime and cloud service offerings in the second-quarter earnings announcement.
- Alphabet earnings bring concern about Google search growth, revenue @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Google parent Alphabet is expected to report second-quarter earnings on Thursday after the bell.
- This is where Tesla stands as Elon Musk opens the Gigafactory @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
The visionary leader is dogged by skeptics and loved by cult-like followers, says Barry Wood.
- European stocks wobble as avalanche of earnings reports rolls in @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Investors are sifting through a flood of corporate earnings reports, as Royal Dutch Shell shares take a hit after its update, while Adidas shares jump.
- This is how hackers create maximum damage @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
The Democratic National Committee got hacked, and you could be next, says Jurica Dujmović.
- Why it’s twice as expensive to retire today as it was 25 years ago @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Annuity factors explain why every $100,000 in your retirement pot buys you about $5,900 of annuity income a year instead of the $11,600 it did 25 years ago.
- Pokémon Go shows that augmented reality isn’t ready for prime time @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
If it were, the smartphone-based game would be able to interact with other devices, apps and websites, says Jurica Dujmović.
- Hillary’s tax plan can’t pay for all of Bernie’s ‘free stuff’ @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
The results of a Clinton presidency: higher taxes and more debt, says Caroline Baum.
- It’s time for former Presidents Bush to take a stand on the Trump-Clinton contest @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
Former Presidents Bush have an opportunity to publicly denounce Donald Trump, marking him as too far outside the mainstream of America to be elected. They should do so now, writes Chris Edelson.
- U.S. stock futures edge up on earnings optimism, hopes for BOJ action @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Stock futures pointed to modest gains for Wall Street Thursday as investors looked ahead to another batch of earnings on the heels of upbeat news from Facebook and others overnight.
- Investors braced for letdown from Bank of Japan with expectations riding high @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
Trading has been whipsawed this week by conflicting reports about Japan’s plans, including talk that Japan is considering an arrangement viewed by many analysts as akin to “helicopter money.
- FTSE 100 tilts lower as Shell, Lloyds fall after earnings reports @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
U.K. blue-chip stocks slip, with Royal Dutch Shell and Lloyds Banking Group pushing lower while the prospect of a U.S. interest-rate hike reemerged.
- Tim Kaine does a mean Trump impersonation as he accepts VP nomination @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia accepted the Democratic vice-presidential nomination Wednesday night, making his debut on the national political stage and immediately turning his fire on GOP presidential nominee ...
- Tim Kaine Introduces Himself To America @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Sen. Tim Kaine accepted the Democratic vice presidential nomination Wednesday night and introduced himself to a national audience. Those vouching for Kaine the most? Sanders delegates from Virginia. Photo: ...
- What investors fleeing U.K. properties are getting wrong @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Record-low returns on government bonds and yields above 5% for real estate make U.K. property “historically” attractive, even amid fears the Brexit vote will hamper the sector.
- Dollar pulls back vs. yen as investors await BOJ outcome @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
After the dollar rallied to as high as ¥106.54 Wednesday expectations for the policy announcements, investors Thursday were largely adjusting their positions to be more neutral ahead of the BOJ decision....
- Pope Francis: The World is at War @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
The Pope, who traveled to Poland on Wednesday, spoke to reporters about the recent killing of an 85-year-old priest at a church in Normandy. Photo: AP
- Clinton Takes Center Stage at Democratic Convention @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
On the final day of the Democratic National Convention, Hillary Clinton will be front and center. WSJ's Gerald F. Seib discusses her options for addressing the nation for the first time as the Democratic ...
- Oil prices catch a small break from weaker dollar @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Despite the slight rise in prices, both benchmarks have lost nearly 6% this week so far, as a growing surplus of gasoline is fueling fears that demand for crude will languish in the coming months.
- Obama Headlines DNC Day 3: Nobody More Qualified Than Hillary @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
WSJ editor-in-chief Gerard Baker joins Washington bureau chief Gerald F. Seib at the Democratic National Convention to analyze President Obama's address to delegates as well as remarks by Vice President ...
- What to Expect in Hillary Clinton's DNC 2016 Speech @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
WSJ reporter Colleen McCain Nelson joins Washington bureau chief Gerald F. Seib at the Democratic National Convention to discuss what to expect in Hillary Clinton's address to delegates Thursday night. ...
- DNC 2016: TPP Issue Stirs Controversy, Confusion @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Democrats opposed to the Trans-Pacific Partnership have protested throughout the Democratic National Convention, though they have varying degrees of knowledge about the free-trade deal. WSJ's Shelby Holliday ...
- Obama Ends DNC Speech: 'I'm Ready to Pass the Baton' @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
As he wrapped up his rousing Democratic convention speech, President Obama touched on his long-running theme of "hope" and paid homage to the Ameriican people: "Time and again, you've picked ...
- In Speech, Obama Gives Rousing Support of Hillary Clinton @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
President Obama touted Hillary Clinton's extensive political experience, telling convention-goers in his speech in Philadelphia on Wednesday that there's never been anyone "more qualified" to ...
- Chelsea Clinton: Neither Political Lion Nor Tiger Mom @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Chelsea Clinton introduces her mother at the Democratic National Convention on Thursday night. Will Chelsea mention Donald Trump? WSJ’s Jason Bellini speaks to a friend of Chelsea about why the former ...
- Obama: Trump Is Just Offering 'Slogans and Fear' @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
President Obama offered a rebuke of Donald Trump's campaign in his speech at the Democratic convention, saying the candidate is just betting that ""if he scares enough people, he might score ...
- From the Archives: Watch Obama's 2004 Speech at DNC @ MarketWatch - 6 hours ago
Then an Illinois State Senator, Barack Obama delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston. It's a speech that introduced America to its future president. Photo: Getty ...
- Obama says Hillary Clinton has what it takes to be president @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
President Barack Obama vouched for Hillary Clinton in an optimistic speech Wednesday intended to rebut Republican criticism of her record as secretary of state and to elevate her as a tested leader at ...
- Atlas Resource files for Chapter 11 to rid $900 million in debt @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Atlas Resource Partners LP filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy Wednesday evening after negotiating a plan to slash some $900 million in debt off its books.
- Recap: President Obama makes impassioned pitch for Hillary Clinton at Democratic convention @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Read a recap of the third night of the Democratic National Convention, as live-blogged by MarketWatch’s Robert Schroeder and Jeremy Olshan.
- Tim Kaine Mocks Donald Trump's Appeals to 'Believe Me' @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
In his first speech as the official Democratic vice presidential nominee, Tim Kaine questions whether voters should trust Donald Trump's campaign promises when he says "believe me." Photo: AP...
- Why eHarmony’s new CEO won’t ever turn the site into Tinder @ MarketWatch - 7 hours ago
Grant Langston has taken over from co-founder Neil Clark Warren.
- BHP Billiton takes $1 billion hit over Brazil dam disaster @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
BHP Billiton Ltd. said its annual net profit will be crimped by charges of more than $1 billion relating to last year’s deadly dam failure at Brazilian iron-ore mining operations it jointly owns with Vale ...
- Who Is Tim Kaine? @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine is the official Democratic vice presidential nominee. His Spanish fluency and centrist policies could boost Hillary Clinton in the general election. Photo: AP
- Michael Bloomberg rips Trump as ‘a con,’ ‘a dangerous demagogue’ @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Billionaire businessman Michael Bloomberg delivered a stinging rebuke of GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night, calling him a “dangerous demagogue.”...
- Biden on Trump: No Nominee Has Ever Known Less @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Vice President Joe Biden warned of what he called Donald Trump's "unbridled cynicism" and lack of compassion, saying Americans cannot elect a man "who has no plan whatsoever to make us safe." ...
- Bloomberg on Trump: 'I Know a Con When I See One' @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former Republican mayor of New York City, is backing Hillary Clinton. He took aim at Donald Trump's business record in his DNC speech, saying the Republican nominee has ...
- Gabby Giffords: Hillary Will 'Stand Up to the Gun Lobby' @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, who has difficulty speaking following a 2012 assassination attempt that left her with a brain injury, showed her support for Hillary Clinton's stance on guns ...
- WikiLeaks releases voice mails hacked from DNC @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
WikiLeaks released a second batch of data leaked from Democratic National Committee servers Wednesday night, this time a series of voice mail messages. Last week, WikiLeaks released a trove of DNC emails ...
- Panetta: Trump Cannot Become Our Commander-in-Chief @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Leon Panetta, former head of the CIA and the Defense Department, criticized Donald Trump's spurning of U.S. allies and siding with Russia's Vladimir Putin, saying it’s inconceivable "that any presidential ...
- Facebook Posts Strong Profit and Revenue Growth @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Facebook on Wednesday once again reported growing profit on the strength of its mobile advertising business. The social network reported net income of $2.06 billion for the second quarter of 2016. Photo: ...
- FTC give go-ahead for Mylan’s $7.2 billion purchase of Meda @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Mylan NV has received U.S. Federal Trade Commission approval for its roughly $7.2 billion purchase of Swedish rival Meda, conditioned on Mylan divesting rights to two generic drugs.
- Hillary Campaign Manager on Turning Red States to Blue @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Robby Mook, Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, talks about the Democratic presidential candidate's strategy to woo voters in red states. Photo: T.J. Kirkpatrick for The Wall Street Journal
- Bull market in U.S. stocks ‘has a long way to go’ @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
That’s according to Piper Jaffray technical analyst Craig Johnson, who says 2,135 is the S&P 500’s new support level.
- Harry Reid Takes Parting Shots at Rival Mitch McConnell @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
As he nears retirement, Nevada Sen. Harry Reid used part of his Democratic convention speech to attack Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), saying he "set the stage for a hateful con ...