- 5 Ways Women in Tech Can Beat the Odds @ Money - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
The biases many female technologists face are unfair — but women in STEM fields can still get ahead by using smart, unintuitive strategies.
- 5 Best Ways Men Can #LeanInTogether to Help Women Get Ahead @ Money - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Be an ally—and benefit from your altruism, says Sheryl Sandberg.
- For $30K, Your Dog Could Have a House With a Hot Tub @ Money - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
Samsung’s one-off Dream Doghouse also features a treadmill and snack dispenser.
- The Pre-Recession Housing Problem That’s About to Slam Homeowners @ Money - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Millions of homeowners face major payment increases when their HELOCs reset in 2015-2016. Here are your options if you face massive HELOC payments.
- Why It’s Time to Start Looking for Another Job @ Money - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
3 major economic indicators show why this might be the best time in a long time to start searching for other work.
- What Happens If You Boycott Your Student Loans? @ Money - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
A group of former Corinthian Colleges students have formed a group and pledged to boycott their student loan payments.
- 6 Money-Saving Secrets of Professional Chefs @ Money - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Fantastic homemade food doesn't have to be costly. These tips will help you cook like a pro without breaking your bank account.
- The Hidden Downside to Rewarding Your Kids for Good Behavior @ Money - 3 hours ago
Giving your kids treats for getting an A at school or doing chores can come with surprising consequences, a new study suggests.
- Employers Add 295,000 Jobs as Economy Keeps Rolling @ Money - 4 hours ago
Amid signs of turmoil overseas, the U.S. economy keeps chugging along.
- When It Comes to Muni Funds, Does Location Matter? @ Money - 4 hours ago
Q: I live in New York state and currently invest in a high-yield municipal bond fund. Should I switch to a tax-exempt New York muni fund? — Connie A: There are lots of considerations when weighing the ...
- The Mistake 80% of Parents Make With Allowance @ Money - 6 hours ago
New York Times columnist Ron Lieber talks about how parents can best use an allowance as a financial teaching tool.
- Spring Ski Lift Pass Deals Offer the Best Value on Snow @ Money - 6 hours ago
Ski resorts around the country—and in New England in particular—have rolled out new springtime deals that promise tons of skiing for a relative pittance.
- Here’s How Much You’d Save by Dumping K-Cups for Traditional Brewed Coffee @ Money - 22 hours ago
The inventor of K-Cups says he regrets coming up with the idea and doesn't even own a K-Cup machine.
- The One Question Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Asks About Every Potential Hire @ Money - 23 hours ago
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg reveals the one question he always asks himself before he'll hire someone.
- Nearly 7 Out of 10 Americans Will Use Their Tax Refund for the Same Thing @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 12:34 PM EST
Take the poll below and tell us how you plan to use yours.
- Here Are the Places Where You’re Most Likely to Get Your Identity Stolen @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 12:29 PM EST
Watch out in Florida.
- How Social Media Sites Are Making You Spend More @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 12:11 PM EST
Social media provides the opportunity to connect with people and gain inspiration from them. It can also lead us to find many ways to break our budgets.
- Soon You’ll Be Able to Turn Your Brown Eyes Blue for $5,000 @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 11:57 AM EST
A new treatment has successfully changed the color of people's eyes in Latin America, but the procedure isn't approved in the U.S. yet.
- Keeping Calm When the Market Goes South @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 10:00 AM EST
A financial adviser shares tips for easing anxiety in a rollercoaster market.
- There’s Free Money for IRA Rollovers—Here’s How to Invest It @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 9:52 AM EST
Should you take the money and run? Only if you choose the right low-cost funds.
- How to Beat a Car Dealer at His Own Game @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 8:00 AM EST
With these strategies you can save money and win on the car lot—before you even get there.
- Graduates of These Colleges Make the Most Money (and It’s Not Just the Ivies) @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 6:00 AM EST
Party schools do better than you'd think.
- 5 Signs You Will Become a Millionaire @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 6:00 AM EST
A million isn't what it used to be. But it's not bad, and here's how you get there.
- How to Impress Your Boss When Working Remotely @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 6:00 AM EST
Working far from the home office creates some challenges. MONEY's Donna Rosato offers tips for telecommuting effectively.
- Injured Workers Are Getting Raw Deals @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 4:40 PM EST
People injured on the job are getting shortchanged by workers' compensation, while employers and insurance companies are benefiting.
- These Are the World’s Most Expensive Cities @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 4:21 PM EST
No, New York isn't among the top 10. Nor is Tokyo. Hint about the most expensive city: Don't take any chewing gum when you visit.
- Most Americans Are Crammed Into 3% of the Country @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 3:54 PM EST
We love cities. A lot.
- Are Malls Losing Their Cool, or Still Standing Strong? An Exchange @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 3:51 PM EST
Mike Kercheval, president and CEO of the International Council of Shopping Centers: I write in response to Kerri Anne Renzulli’s January article, “Why Teens Hate Shopping at ‘Teen’ Clothing Stores,” and ...
- McDonald’s Wants to Replace the Drive-Thru with Drones @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 3:26 PM EST
That's the kind of revolutionary idea McDonald's wants to hear about at SXSW, the hipster festival where the fast food chain will be a big presence in the hopes of winning over millennials.
- Here’s Why Target Is Planning to Cut Thousands of Jobs @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 3:10 PM EST
Target's job cuts come on top of the ones linked to its retreat from Canada. No word yet on the impact to #AlexFromTarget.
- Check Out the Insane Rewards Offered by this New Credit Card @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 2:33 PM EST
You can get 3% cash on everything you buy, at least for the first year.
- Sorry, Oldsters, Tinder Isn’t the Only Thing That Costs More if You’re Over 30 @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 1:23 PM EST
Getting older is hard enough by itself, but leaving your 20s can also mean a slew of price increases and new expenses.
- Some Small Private Colleges Are Facing a “Death Spiral” @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 12:19 PM EST
The closure of Sweet Briar College is an example of how winner-take-all economics is starting to hit colleges.
- Sick of Clearing the Snow? Failure to Do So Could Cost Even More @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 11:27 AM EST
It's been a stormy winter for much of the country, so it's understandable if you're tired of clearing snow off your car and sidewalk. But there's more reason than ever to handle these chores like a good ...
- Who’s Worst With Money: Baby Boomers, Gen X or Millennials? @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 11:17 AM EST
Older and younger generations alike face financial challenges, but they share different concerns.
- Help! I Lost Out on an Apartment Because of a Credit Report Mistake @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 11:10 AM EST
A reader got turned down for an apartment thanks to a mistake on a credit report. If you're looking to rent, here's what to watch out for.
- 10 Smart Ways to Boost Your Investing Results @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:30 AM EST
You don't have to be an investing genius to improve your returns. Just follow a few simple steps.
- How I Made $100,000 Teaching Online @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:12 AM EST
Meet Nick Walter, a programmer who makes a living seated at his kitchen table.
- How to Avoid Spoiling Your Child @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:00 AM EST
First-time dad Taylor Tepper learns how not to be the kind of parent he fears becoming.
- For Electric Cars, High Gas Prices Can’t Come Back Quickly Enough @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Gas prices have rebounded a bit, but they remain low enough to kill the cost-saving argument for buying a plug-in electric car like the Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt.
- 5 Ways You’re Accidentally Wrecking Your Credit @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Certain actions, like closing a high-fee credit card, might seem financially savvy. But there could be consequences for your credit.
- You’re Not Going to Believe How Amazon Is Going to Speed Up Delivery @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 6:00 AM EST
That's right: 3D printers.
- 3 Reasons Gas Prices Could Rocket Higher @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 6:00 AM EST
Unfortunately, the days of $2 gas appear to be in the rearview mirror.
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Using Personal Email at Work @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 4:25 PM EST
Hillary Clinton is in trouble for mixing up her personal and business accounts—and you could get in trouble too.
- Nasdaq 5000: Three Reasons “This Time Is Different” Doesn’t Fly @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 2:36 PM EST
How sure are you that the Nasdaq isn't partying like it's 1999?
- Over 30? Tinder Will Cost You More Money @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 2:25 PM EST
Online dating app Tinder's new subscription service costs more for older users: The price is double if you're over 30.
- Where Gas Prices Shot Up Nearly $1 Per Gallon in One Month @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 10:37 AM EST
Everyone is paying more at the pump lately. But California drivers have seen gas prices soar at an unbelievably fast pace.
- Did Warren Buffett Just Mansplain Politics to Elizabeth Warren? @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 10:33 AM EST
There's plenty of reason to be mad at Wall Street, but dismissing women as angry is too common. And it hurts them at work.
- Handling Family Finances When Dad Is Losing His Grip @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 10:14 AM EST
When the person in charge of family finances has dementia or Alzheimer's disease, a difficult transition is required.
- The Super-Rich Have a Racial Wealth Gap, Too @ Money - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 9:57 AM EST
Even at the top end of the economic scale, the financial differences between blacks and whites are big — and they've changed little in 30 years.