- 8 Ways Somebody Is Making Money Off Ebola Fears @ Money - 10 hours ago
The buzz over Ebola has triggered sales that might be described as overboard (body suits), ironic (Ebola Halloween costumes), or downright bizarre (protective masks featuring a hip-hop artist's face).
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Shop at Stores That Got Hacked @ Money - 11 hours ago
Almost half of all consumers surveyed are afraid to shop at retailers like Target. They shouldn't be.
- Why I Won’t Own Bond Funds in My Retirement Portfolio @ Money - 12 hours ago
Owning a mix of stocks and bonds is supposed to help protect your portfolio from losses. But bonds aren't the safe asset they once were.
- Spotify Introduces Discount Family Plan @ Money - 12 hours ago
The Internet music company is launching a service that puts several customized, ad-free accounts on the same bill for less than the cost of multiple subscriptions.
- Why Work-Life Balance is Just as Impossible for Dads @ Money - 14 hours ago
We're struggling with the same issues working moms face, says MONEY reporter and first-time dad Taylor Tepper.
- 3 Things to Know About IBM’s Sinking Stock @ Money - 14 hours ago
IBM's shares plunged 7% Monday after a disappointing earnings report. Can tech's ultimate survivor transform itself one more time?
- Toys R Us ‘Breaks Bad’ with New Crystal Meth Toys @ Money - 15 hours ago
Parents aren't happy that the toy store chain is selling drug dealer dolls, complete with bags of crystal meth and sacks of cash.
- These Are the Stores That Accept Apple Pay @ Money - 15 hours ago
Apple Pay is going live today. Here's where you can use it.
- Here’s How Long It Will Take to Get a Mortgage @ Money - 20 hours ago
Banks are asking for a lot of documents these days, so don't assume the process will be speedy.
- A Simple Tool for Getting Better Financial Advice @ Money - 20 hours ago
If a financial adviser doesn't know what's going on in a client's life, the advice will suffer. Here's one easy way to fix that.
- This Company Will Give You $500 If You Have a Baby Today. Wait, What? @ Money - 21 hours ago
It's no joke. As part of its rebranding campaign, investment firm Voya will give money to the newest of new parents.
- Could Another Sell-Off Be Lurking This Week? @ Money - Sun, Oct 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Last week's tumultuous week in the stock market sets the stage for yet more nervousness and hand-wringing as a fresh set of earnings and economic data are due to be released.
- The Word on Wall Street Is It’s Okay to Be Bullish Again @ Money - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 1:27 AM EDT
After the market's triple-digit rebound on Friday, the bulls came out in force — on TV and social media. Here's how the talking heads explain the state of the market after one scary week.
- Why Barbie Is Stuck on the Shelf @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
Mattel's iconic Barbie doll is in a sales slump as kids increasingly look to electronics and other toys to occupy their time.
- 3 little mistakes that can sink your retirement Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 2:53 PM EDT
- This little-known Social Security strategy can boost your retirement income Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 2:53 PM EDT
- Obama’s Credit Card Was Declined—No, Really. @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 2:32 PM EDT
The president shared a story about his own credit card troubles during an executive order signing at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Janet Yellen Makes Less Than Over 100 Other Fed Staffers @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:25 AM EDT
She's one of the most powerful people in the global economy, but doesn't pull down the top salary in her organization
- When You’re Better Off Renting A Home Than Buying One @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:06 AM EDT
Today it typically costs less to buy a place than rent one, but exceptions exist. Your situation may be one of them.
- Four Reasons Not to Worry About the Stock Market @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:51 AM EDT
Take a deep breath and consider some historical context.
- Why You Almost Never Dream About Money @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
If your sleeping hours are filled with visions of your financial life, you're in the minority. Here's what that means.
- Why the Fed Should Stop Talking About Raising Interest Rates @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:24 AM EDT
Some central bankers have called for raising rates sooner rather than later. Recent economic data — and the huge stock market sell-off — should dampen those calls.
- Here’s How to Save Hundreds on Groceries @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:30 AM EDT
These 29 surprising and easy moves will help you find the best prices, avoid the sneakiest store tricks, and prevent those costly impulse buys.
- You Can Teach a Two-Year-Old How to Save @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:30 AM EDT
Worried about your children's retirement? With the help of a few carnival tickets, says one financial adviser, you can get them started early on saving.
- How to Find the Right Match for Your Second Career @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Signing up with an encore career matchmaker can be a smart way to find fulfilling, paid work in retirement.
- How Opening on Thanksgiving Day Can Actually Hurt Store Sales @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
The decision announced this week by Macy's and some malls to open doors to shoppers during the dinner hours on Thanksgiving seemed inevitable. But it doesn't necessarily make sense.
- How to Help Your Kid Get Started Investing @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Q: I want to invest $5,000 for my 35-year-old daughter, as I want to get her on the path to financial security. Should the money be placed into a guaranteed interest rate annuity? Or should the money go ...
- 3 Ways a Market Swoon Can Put Money in Your Pocket @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Though the stock market tumble has been scary, there are some upsides to all the bad news.
- Breaking Free of an Abusive Relationship When Money Holds You Back @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Abuse in a relationship can be not only physical and mental, but financial as well. Financial planner Anthea Perkinson shares solutions with Love & Money's Farnoosh Torabi.
- Everything You Need to Know About Apple’s Newest iPads and Macs in Two Minutes @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:44 PM EDT
Apple unveiled a new, thinner iPad Air and an iMac with retina screen at its October event, and the company jokingly announced Stephen Colbert as the new chief of secrecy.
- POLL: Are You Better Off Now Financially Than You Were Last Year? @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
When it comes to your money, is 2014 shaping up to be a banner year—or one you'd rather forget?
- New York Attorney General Says Airbnb Is Making Millions on Illegal Listings @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
A report from the state Attorney general claims Airbnb has made $40 million on illegal rentals, and that 70% of Airbnb's New York City listings violate the law.
- Believe it or Not, Amazon Is Not the King of Cheap Online Prices @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 1:57 PM EDT
A new report suggests that Amazon’s edge is not as strong as people think.
- Why Amazon Is Hiring 80,000 New Workers @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
To prepare for the holiday shopping surge, the online retailer is adding a record number of seasonal employees. Other big names are gearing up for the crush too.
- Some Medicare Advantage Plans Have Hidden Risks—Here’s How to Avoid Them @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:49 AM EDT
Although they promise quality care at lower cost, some Medicare Advantage plans fall short. Before you enroll, here are key questions to ask.
- The Conventional Money Wisdom That Millennials Should Ignore @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:19 AM EDT
Maybe a 401(k) loaded with stocks isn't the best savings tool for some young people.
- Why Firemen Are More Likely to Own a Home than Economists @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 9:29 AM EDT
A new study shows which professions are most- and least- likely to be homeowners. The results may surprise you.
- If This Is the Start of a Bear Market, Blame Alibaba @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 7:18 AM EDT
There's a possibility that the recent selloff morphs into a real downturn — and Alibaba's gaudy IPO may have marked the market's top.
- The 7 Social Media Mistakes Most Likely to Cost You a Job @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 7:10 AM EDT
Jobvite's latest social recruiting poll shows exactly what hiring managers are looking for when they check your Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts.
- What You Need to Know Before Choosing a Beneficiary for a Health Savings Account @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 6:45 AM EDT
Q: “What happens to the money in a health savings account when the account owner dies?”–James McKay A: It’s up to you to decide. But let’s back up a step: A health savings account offers those in high-deductible ...
- If You Still Haven’t Refinanced, Now’s a Good Time (Again) @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 6:30 AM EDT
Homeowners who missed the last refinancing boom are being given another chance, albeit not quite as sweet as the last one.
- Which Horrible TV or Movie Boss Is Your Office Stuck With? @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
October 16 is celebrated—at least theoretically—as Boss Day. We're celebrating it with a rundown of the seven kinds of bosses you never want to have, as embodied by iconic TV and movie characters.
- The Most Important Move to Make If You Want to Retire Early @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Housing is the most dangerous expense for those seeking financial freedom. Here's what you can do to control those costs.
- Here’s the Deeply Depressing News About This Market @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Sadly, there may be no safe havens this time. Stock investors typically turn to dividend payers and "low-volatility" stocks in rocky times. But those investments have gotten pricey.
- Traffic Jams Cost Americans $124 Billion in 2013 @ Money - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Traffic congestion cost the average American household dozens of hours and thousands of dollars last year, according to a new study.
- How Can I Save More? @ Money - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 5:45 PM EDT
Financial planning experts share easy ways to trick yourself into setting more money aside for your future.
- Why Pot Stocks Are Too Hot to Handle @ Money - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 2:03 PM EDT
If you're waiting for the right time to invest in some "green gold," keep waiting.
- Why Apple is Not a Tech Company @ Money - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 12:59 PM EDT
Peter Thiel argues that buying Apple means betting against innovation.
- What Will Apple Unveil This Week? @ Money - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 12:17 PM EDT
Souped-up iPad Air and iPad mini tablets are widely expected to debut Thursday. But a higher-resolution iMac desktop computer could be on the menu too.
- Yes, Stocks Are Tanking — But Here’s What We Should Really Worry About @ Money - Wed, Oct 15, 2014 11:58 AM EDT
The stock market gets all the headlines at times like this -- but it's bond and oil prices we should really keep an eye on.