- J C Penney Back on the Decline After Credit Suisse Note StockTwits - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:07 PM EDT
JC Penney has taken another turn for the worst. Shares falling 5 percent on Credit Suisse report. Shareholders however, still see long term play.
- Oracle’s Ellison Steps Sideways, Not Down; Investors Wary of New Roles StockTwits - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:31 PM EDT
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has announced his departure as the head of the silicon valley giant. But his new role has investors worries about the new managers.
- Goldman Up Again on Alibaba Debut and Islamic Finance Wave StockTwits - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
Companies related in any way to Alibaba’s upcoming IPO are feeling the love of the stock market. Today its Goldman Sachs, which saw its stock gain 1.49% in early trading.
- Trian is Expecting Stronger Performance from DuPont StockTwits - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 3:59 PM EDT
Trian\'s call for breakup had investors angry, but expectant of further action.
- Rackspace Going It Alone; Traders Disapprove StockTwits - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 12:34 PM EDT
In the end, Rackspace Hosting Inc. has decided to go it alone. After months of speculation, the cloud computing provider said it had rejected takeover offers and will remain independent for the foreseeable ...
- Alibaba IPO Speculation helps Yahoo Reach Record High StockTwits - Mon, Sep 15, 2014 12:44 PM EDT
China’s Alibaba is set to be a smash hit after its initial public offering. And riding on that success is Yahoo Inc., whose best days seem to be behind it.
- Why Cognizant is Buying TriZetto StockTwits - Mon, Sep 15, 2014 10:22 AM EDT
Cognizant Technology Solutions said in a statement that it has agreed to buy TriZetto Corp, a healthcare information technology company, for $2.7 billion in cash.
- Darden Investors More Worried About Olive Garden StockTwits - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 11:37 AM EDT
Darden Restaurants Inc., which owns Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse chains, posted earnings in line with figures it had pre-announced this month. It also retained its profit forecast.
- Investors Like Sprint’s Aggressive Push StockTwits - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 1:48 PM EDT
Sprint\'s aggressive new plans coinciding with iPhone 6 releases has investors on Stocktwits.com jumping for joy.
- Investors Say Buy Lululemon but Know the Risks StockTwits - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 10:07 AM EDT
If you are in New York, you can’t miss it. Active wear is the biggest trend now from the gym to fashion shows. After decades of growth, blue jeans sales fell 6% last year. Activewear, including yoga apparel, ...
- Microsoft Planning To Buy Minecraft StockTwits - Wed, Sep 10, 2014 12:47 PM EDT
Now Microsoft has gone after the global game that is among the most popular plays on Twitch: Minecraft. The deal might be worth as much as $ 2 billion.
- Can Apple Pay Really Take on PayPal? StockTwits - Wed, Sep 10, 2014 12:41 PM EDT
Apple might not have created disruptive devices this fall but its new payment service might be revolutionary and sounds problematic for existing players. Unless of course they fall in line and integrate ...
- Barnes & Noble Arrests Losses, Revenue Slide Continues StockTwits - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 3:19 PM EDT
Barnes and Noble shares are up today, despite Stocktwits traders remaining very pessimistic on the company. Nook business is seen as a big boost.
- General Mills Buys Annie’s to Jump-Start Organic Growth StockTwits - Tue, Sep 9, 2014 11:26 AM EDT
General Mills, the maker of Cheerios and Bisquick, is buying Annie’s for $820 million to gain a popular brand of natural and organic foods.
- Why Campbell Stock Will Stay Low StockTwits - Mon, Sep 8, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
Campbell Soups is finding that customers are not too interested in its brands. And it hasn’t been able to do much about it.
- Margin Worries to the Fore as Michael Kors’ Biggest Investor says Will Exit StockTwits - Fri, Sep 5, 2014 11:55 AM EDT
Sportswear Holdings, the biggest investor in Michael Kors with 11.6 million shares, is selling out entirely. Michael Kors will hold a secondary offering for the sale, it said in a statement. Traders on ...
- Ciena Down But Investors Hold On For Growth StockTwits - Thu, Sep 4, 2014 1:33 PM EDT
Ciena Corp.’s earnings beat estimates but shares tanked when it said revenue in the current quarter is likely to be adversely affected due to several variables.
- PVH Rises on Strong Hilfiger Sales But Risks Remain StockTwits - Thu, Sep 4, 2014 10:44 AM EDT
Yesterday, PVH Corp, which owns brands like Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, said it grew in the second quarter and margins rose. It also gave forecast for the current quarter that is higher than analyst ...
- Home Depot Hit With Possible Breach, Shares Remain Stable StockTwits - Wed, Sep 3, 2014 2:25 PM EDT
Home Depot has brought on investigators to look into a possible data and security breach. Investors seem unphased, so far.
- Infinity Up Big on AbbVie Deal, Small Pharma in Focus StockTwits - Wed, Sep 3, 2014 1:10 PM EDT
Infinity Pharmaceuticals’ stock had its best ever day after the company said it reached a deal with AbbVie to develop and commercialize a cancer treatment called Duvelisib.
- Why Dollar General Is Bent On Buying Family Dollar StockTwits - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 2:58 PM EDT
Today Dollar General showed how serious it is by raising the bid to $9.1 billion, or $80 in cash. The earlier bid of $78.50, made two weeks ago, was rebuffed by Family Dollar on anti-trust concerns. This ...
- Exelixis Plunges On Drug Trial Failure; Investors See Potential StockTwits - Tue, Sep 2, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
Exelixis Inc. had given hope to investors in March that trials of its prostate cancer drug would yield positive results, even if the study was delayed.
- Why J&J Wants to Divest Medical Devices Business StockTwits - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:22 PM EDT
Big old-school conglomerates are selling. First it was Dow Chemical, Merck and General Electric putting up units for sale. Now its Johnson & Johnson, the world’s biggest maker of health-care products, ...
- Tesla Has Made Its Biggest Move in China StockTwits - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 10:51 AM EDT
Tesla Motors is partnering with China Unicom to build charging outlets across the country. This would boost the potential for electric cars in the world’s biggest auto market.
- Abercrombie, Guess Make for Disappointing Day for Retail StockTwits - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 6:32 PM EDT
The trend of retailers missing estimates continues. Both Abercrombie and Fitch Co. and Guess Inc left investors wondering when the sector will turnaround from its slump.