- Express Picks Up Speed By Cutting Costs StockTwits - 7 hours ago
Express reported wider than expected margin growth as it cuts costs.
- Tiffany Sparkles Brighter as Weak Europe Offset by U.S, Asia Gains StockTwits - 10 hours ago
Tiffany & Co. said second-quarter profit soared as sales were strongest in its largest markets.
- Twitter Stock Tops $48 Thanks to New Ad Markets StockTwits - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
With Twitter now selling ads in 35 EMEA markets, traders are optimistic that can the company can grow ad revenue overseas.
- Ann Taylor Traders Banking on a Sale StockTwits - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 2:34 PM EDT
After pressure from an activist investor, Ann Taylor has reportedly hired J.P. Morgan to help with a sale. Traders want maximum value for the clothing retailer and drove its stock up 6 percent on the news....
- DSW Beats, Investors Stay Positive on Mid-Range Retailers StockTwits - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 1:45 PM EDT
DSW\\\'s ability to show new growth has investors very bullish on the company\\\\\\\'s quarterly results.
- Best Buy Controls Expenses, But Can’t Stop Revenue Slide StockTwits - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 11:43 AM EDT
Best Buy reported earnings that beat estimates but investors are worried this company is a sinking ship.
- J.C. Penney Short Sellers Head for the Exit StockTwits - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
J.P. Morgan analyst Matthew Boss commented favorably on J.C. Penney\\\'s consolidation strategy and scared off short sellers in the process,
- Amazon Traders Don’t Flinch on Rumor of $1B Twitch Buy StockTwits - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 2:45 PM EDT
Wall Street wasn\\\'t sure what to make of reports that Amazon has agreed to buy video gaming platform Twitch for more than $1 billion.
- GrubHub Traders Sour on Stock Sale StockTwits - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Traders took out their aggression on GrubHub\\\\\\\'s stock after learning of the company\\\\\\\'s plans for a secondary offering, which will dilute ...
- Burger King Inversion Deal With THI is the Whole Whopper, Says Investors StockTwits - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 12:37 PM EDT
Inversion deals are the flavor this year. This time its Burger King, which is in talks to buy Canadian chain Tim Hortons Inc. and move its headquarters to Canada, which has lower corporate taxes than the ...
- Roche Buying InterMune for $8.3 Billion; Investors Want More Pharma Deals StockTwits - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 11:05 AM EDT
Roche Holding AG, the Swiss pharmaceutical giant, said it was buying biotechnology company InterMune Inc for $8.3 billion in cash.
- Twitter Traders Predict Continued Ascent After Friday Breakout StockTwits - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 4:20 PM EDT
Twitter shares were on the move Friday thanks in part to a report that said the social network had finalized a deal with Stripe. The stock is up 17 percent since its second-quarter earnings report and ...
- Green Mountain Gives Traders a Friday Pick-Me-Up with Kraft Deal StockTwits - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 2:42 PM EDT
Traders got a Friday morning jolt from coffee company Keurig\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s licensing deal with Kraft. The company\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s ...
- Gap’s Old Navy Sales Win The Quarter; Investors Remain Hopeful StockTwits - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Gap Inc., the largest apparel retailer in the U.S., posted second-quarter earnings that beat estimates as shoppers went for bargains at its Old Navy chain, and athletic wear continued to grow.
- Murata Snaps Up Peregrine as Semiconductor M&A Heats Up StockTwits - Fri, Aug 22, 2014 10:34 AM EDT
Murata Electronics North America Inc. said it will buy the rest of chipmaker Peregrine Semiconductors in an all-cash deal worth $465 million, excluding Murata’s existing $6 million in held shares.
- Bear Eats Piece of China Finance Online’s Runaway Growth StockTwits - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
After three days of astronomical gains, China Finance Online\\\'s stock hit a bump in the road courtesy of Citron Research. The firm questioned the company\\\'s claim of being the ...
- eBay “Icahned” into PayPal Split, Traders Say StockTwits - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
The possibility of an eBay-PayPal breakup has perked up eBay\\\'s stock. Traders are crediting Carl Icahn for pushing the company to consider a split.
- Investors Fear Long Wait As Hertz Problems Rise StockTwits - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 12:27 PM EDT
Hertz is losing out on taking advantage of an improving economy which would mean higher demand for car rentals. The stock was down 0.68% in early trading.
- Sears Continues to Disappoint Investors StockTwits - Thu, Aug 21, 2014 11:21 AM EDT
The struggling retailer posted a wider second-quarter loss as sales fell for the 30th straight quarter. The stock plummeted 6.75% in early trading.
- Amicus Therapeutics’ Successful Drug Trial Results in Short-Lived High StockTwits - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 3:15 PM EDT
Biopharmaceutical company Amicus Therapeutics released drug trial results that catapulted its stock up 40 percent. By the afternoon, trader enthusiasm had waned.
- Infineon Buying International Rectifier; Deal Fuels Trader’s Semiconductor Speculation StockTwits - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 1:27 PM EDT
Germany’s Infineon Technologies AG said it has agreed to buy US International Rectifier Corp in a $3 billion all-cash deal. Traders are looking for further movement in the space.
- Shutterfly Shoots to $2B Value on Bids from Private Equity Firms StockTwits - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 1:08 PM EDT
Shutterfly\\\'s quest for a buyer has attracted multiple bids and driven the company\\\'s value up more than 14 percent to $2 billion. Hellman & Friedman, Bain Capital, and Silver ...
- Lowe’s Lowers Forecast, Investors Still Bullish StockTwits - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 12:16 PM EDT
The second-largest home-improvement retailer reported a rise in second quarter profit and revenue but lowered its earnings forecast for the year. The company scored a beat when it came to same-store sales ...
- Target Provides Low Guidance, Struggling to Win Customers Trust StockTwits - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 10:45 AM EDT
The retailer lowered its earnings outlook for the year, and posted a steep decline in second quarter earnings, missing analyst estimates.
- Microsoft Traders Unmoved by Ballmer’s Resignation from Board StockTwits - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 3:57 PM EDT
Wall Street barely blinked when former CEO Steve Ballmer said he was stepping down as a director of the company. With all eyes on CEO Satya Nadella, the new Clippers owner has long since been forgotten....