- Quiet ZTE Looking for Bigger U.S. Presence @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 minutes ago
Chinese electronics maker ZTE, the fourth-largest maker of cellphones sold in the U.S., plans a push to make itself more visible.
- Frostbitten Costco Treads on Thin Ice @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 minutes ago
Ahead of the Tape: Investors’ good will is at stake as the warehouse retailer prepares to release results for a difficult winter quarter.
- Strategic Pizza Infrastructure Goes High-Tech @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 minutes ago
Pizza giants Domino’s and Pizza Hut are exploring technologies--from wearables to retinal scanning--and staffing up on analytics talent to disrupt the tradition of ordering a pizza pie.
- Pentagon Likely to Use Cost-Plus Contract for New Bomber @ The Wall Street Journal - 12 minutes ago
The Pentagon expects to develop its planned new bomber with a cost-plus contract as part of its effort to manage a program that analysts expect to cost at least $80 billion, a senior U.S. Air Force official ...
- Senate Fails to Override Keystone Veto @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 minutes ago
The Senate defeated a Republican-led effort to override President Obama’s veto of legislation approving the Keystone XL pipeline, the latest twist in a yearslong saga over the contentious project.
- Finding Silver in BofA's Regulatory Cloud @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 minutes ago
Bank of America’s latest annual filing shows how it, and the banking system is changing. But that doesn’t have to be all bad for investors.
- U.S. Refiners, Striking Workers Digging In for Protracted Battle @ The Wall Street Journal - 35 minutes ago
U.S. refiners and striking union workers are digging in for a protracted battle that could last through the spring.
- Shell's Ollila Says Society Must Find 'Middle Way' on Climate Change @ The Wall Street Journal - 41 minutes ago
Royal Dutch Shell PLC Chairman Jorma Ollila is joining Chief Executive Ben van Beurden in backing efforts to limit carbon emissions ahead of international climate talks in Paris later this year.
- FDA Backs Bristol-Myers Lung Cancer Drug @ The Wall Street Journal - 46 minutes ago
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it approved Bristol-Myers Squibb’s drug Opdivo for lung cancer.
- Exxon Reduces Capital Spending @ The Wall Street Journal - 47 minutes ago
Exxon Mobil Corp. plans to cut capital spending by 12% this year to $34 billion.
- Texas Instruments Boosts CEO's Compensation @ The Wall Street Journal - 47 minutes ago
Texas Instruments said Chief Executive Richard Templeton received total compensation valued at $15 million for 2014, up nearly 10% from the previous year.
- Silicon Valley Wage Settlement Gets Tentative Approval @ The Wall Street Journal - 53 minutes ago
A judge in a court battle over alleged collusion on hiring among technology giants including Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe Systems gave preliminary approval to a $415 million settlement that will fund ...
- American Eagle Shows Strength Among Teens @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
American Eagle reported its first quarter of revenue growth in two years, boosted by its new line of one-size-fits-all clothes, while teen apparel rival Abercrombie & Fitch continued to struggle.
- UPS Financial Chief Says Weaker Euro Boosting European Exports to U.S. @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
The weaker euro has raised European exports to the U.S. shipped by United Parcel Service Inc. by more than 10% compared with a year ago, Kurt Kuehn, the company’s chief financial officer, said in an interview ...
- Actavis is Wall Street's $720-Million Fee Machine @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Actavis PLC has been a fee-generating machine for Wall Street's banks recently.
- GDF Suez Issues Zero-Coupon Bond @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Zero-coupon bonds from French utility company GDF Suez are the first of their kind since 2001 and much bigger than anything that has ever come before, underscoring the deep market impact of the ECB’s bond-buying ...
- Emirates Airlines Sees Need for 100 to 200 Airbus A380s @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
Emirates Airline President Tim Clark said the Dubai-based carrier could buy as many as 200 Airbus Group NV A380 superjumbos if an upgraded model is introduced by the European plane maker.
- People Moves: News Corp, Merz North America, Wells Fargo Advisors @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
News Corp. named David Pitofsky as general counsel and chief compliance officer. Merz North America named Salisa Hauptmann as chief compliance officer. Wells Fargo Advisors appointed Jim McHale as chief ...
- Spreading Bets on Ambarella's Chips @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
Even if GoPro suffers, Xiaomi’s new low-price action camera will give Ambarella more exposure to the Chinese market, supporting its own premium valuation.
- Germany to Pay Airbus €623 Million in Loans @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Germany has agreed to pay Airbus €623 million in loans from Germany for the new Airbus A350 widebody jet, a spokeswoman for the economics ministry said.
- Actavis Is Latest to Show Thirst For Massive Bond Deals @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Mega corporate bond deals are off to a strong start this year after a hearty 2014, with Actavis PLC’s $21 billion offering this week becoming the latest example of a jumbo-sized bond sale.
- Money for Nothing: Corporate Bond Edition -- Overheard @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
Paying interest to borrow money is rapidly becoming an old-fashioned idea, as anticipation of quantitative easing from the European Central Bank steadily pushes fixed-income markets into uncharted territory. ...
- Standard Chartered Dials Down Fear Factor @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Outgoing chief Peter Sands has done to more to cut risk in Standard Chartered than expected. That should leave Bill Winters with fewer nasty surprises on arrival.
- Z Capital Preparing to Put Mrs. Fields, TCBY Owner on the Block @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Z Capital Partners is preparing to put the owner of the Mrs. Fields cookie and TCBY frozen-yogurt brands on the auction block, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Buffett to Raise €3 Billion in Bond Sale @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
Berkshire Hathaway expects to raise around €3 billion in its first euro-denominated bond sale as the company seeks out possible European acquisitions, said a person familiar with the company.
- Driverless Cars, Officially a Risk (Factor) to Insurers @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
The driverless car may be more concept than car at this point, but some industries are already looking at the prototypes being offered by Google Inc. and others and seeing a very real threat to their business ...
- Citi's Fix-It Man Guides Bank Through Fed Stress Test @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Citigroup’s Gene McQuade is taking on arguably the most important job at the global bank: making sure that this year it passes the Federal Reserve stress test.
- Tiffany Says Dutch Court Set Aside Swatch Arbitration Award @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Tiffany & Co. said Wednesday that a Dutch court has ruled in its favor and set aside an arbitration award the jeweler was ordered to pay in 2013 related to its failed partnership with Swiss watchmaker ...
- Aston Martin, McLaren Vie for Hypercar Bragging Rights @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
At the Geneva motor show car makers are vying for bragging rights in various categories from the most fuel-efficient vehicle to the one with the biggest interior. And then there is the battle for the most ...
- TurboTax Update: One Month After the E-Filing Halt @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Many questions remain about the spate of fraudulent state filings and why they seemed concentrated in TurboTax returns.
- Google, Wal-Mart Part Ways Over Local Ads @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
The relationship between Google and Wal-Mart has frayed over the data used to lure shoppers into stores.
- Dick's Calls Adidas 'Important Partner' @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Dick’s Sporting Goods’ CEO said that Adidas is “a large and important partner,” a day after telling analysts his chain would take space from the German manufacturer’s products to make room for a new activewear ...
- J.P.Morgan Names Regional Co-Heads of M&A @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
J.P.Morgan Chase & Co. has made some changes to its M&A team, according to an internal memo seen by the Wall Street Journal.
- Alibaba Opens Data Center in Silicon Valley @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Alibaba said it is opening a data center in Silicon Valley, the Chinese e-commerce company’s first in the U.S., as it expands its cloud-computing business outside China.
- McDonald's to Curb Purchases of Chicken Raised With Antibiotics @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
McDonald’s said its U.S. restaurants will stop selling chicken raised with antibiotics that are important to human health, one of the biggest moves yet by a major food company to address growing concerns ...
- Starboard Still Pushing For Board Change At Staples @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Activist investor Starboard Value LP is continuing to push for board changes at Staples Inc., even after the office supply chain agreed to merge with rival Office Depot Inc. last month
- Fat Chance: FDA Chastises Orexigen for Disclosing Interim Trial Data @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
The FDA has publicly chastised a drug maker for unexpectedly disclosing interim study data for a medicine in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- ITV Completes Turnaround Plan @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
ITV signaled the completion of a multiyear plan to turn around its fortunes by returning hundreds of millions of dollars to investors and recording a profit increase boosted by its internationally growing ...
- CSX Sees Coal Shipments to Fall at Least 5% @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
CSX Corp. estimated its domestic coal shipments will decline at least 5% this year, though it still expects to achieve its growth targets amid continued growth in its merchandise and intermodal markets....
- Google+, a Disappointment with a Purpose @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
The latest management shake-up at Google+ underscores the social unit's shortcomings, but the effort has helped Google accomplish several strategic goals.
- Eurowings to Start Long-Haul Services in October @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Deutsche Lufthansa lower-cost airline Eurowings will long-haul services on Oct. 25, initially to Dubai, Thailand and parts of the Caribbean.
- The Daily Docket: Trump Entertainment's Fight with Union Heads to Appeals Court @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Creditors are voting on a bailout plan for the troubled Trump Taj Mahal, but the crucial ballots will be cast by federal judges in Philadelphia, who will decide the fate of the casino’s union contracts....
- Reliance Infrastructure Buys 18% Stake in Pipavav Defence @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
The infrastructure arm of Indian conglomerate Reliance Group said Wednesday it had agreed to acquire 18% of shipbuilder Pipavav Defence & Offshore Engineering Co. for 8.19 billion rupees, or $132 million....
- MTN Rides Africa Mobile Data Boom @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
MTN Group, Africa’s largest telecommunications company, has weathered trouble in Nigeria and currency-related losses through strong demand for mobile data services and cost-cutting to record a 20% jump ...
- Alibaba Pushes Further Into Showbiz @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Alibaba Group Holding is buying a $382 million stake in Chinese production company Beijing Enlight Media.
- The next marketing frontier: Your medical records The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
- Canada Stocks to Watch: Torstar, Avigilon, Canadian Western, Gibson, Crew @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Torstar Corp. is one of the stocks we're watching early Wednesday.
- Exxon's Modest Ambition @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Exxon Mobil just kicked off its annual analyst meeting at the New York Stock Exchange, the 13th consecutive one on Wall Street.
- EU to Leave Mobile Roaming Charges in Place Until 2018 @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
European Union governments pledged to take a flexible approach to the concept of net neutrality and leave mobile-phone roaming charges in place until at least 2018.
- Baxter Buys Autoimmune Specialist SuppreMol @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Baxter International agreed to buy German biopharmaceutical company SuppreMol for about €200 million, in a move to improve its portfolio of autoimmune treatments.