- Rite Aid Same-Store Sales Rise 4.8% in January @ The Wall Street Journal - 36 minutes ago
Rite Aid on Thursday said sales at stores open at least a year grew 4.8% for the four weeks ended Jan. 24, with pharmacy-sales growth outpacing growth in the front end.
- Stocks to Watch: Alibaba, Ford, McDonald's @ The Wall Street Journal - 39 minutes ago
Among the companies with shares expected to actively trade in Thursday's session are Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Ford Motor Co. and McDonald's Corp.
- Alibaba Sales Disappoint; Firm Rebuts China Claims @ The Wall Street Journal - 47 minutes ago
Alibaba reported disappointing revenue growth, while a senior executive defended the e-commerce giant against Chinese government allegations that it failed to crack down on fakes.
- Airbus Replaces Military Aircraft Chief @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
Airbus Group said the head of its military plane operations is stepping down days after the company’s chief executive vowed to make changes following ongoing problems with the A400M military airlifter....
- Raiffeisen Bank Shares Jump @ The Wall Street Journal - 54 minutes ago
Shares in Raiffeisen Bank International reversed an enduring slide, after the lender said it would reduce its risk-weighted assets by 20%.
- Valero Beats on Higher Product Margins @ The Wall Street Journal - 58 minutes ago
Valero Energy said its fourth-quarter earnings rose more than expected as higher product margins helped offset slumping oil prices.
- Kate Spade to Focus on Flagship Brand @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Kate Spade Co. plans to close its Kate Spade Saturday and Jack Spade stores as it seeks to focus on its flagship kate spade new york brand.
- Harley-Davidson Sales Growth Worldwide Tops U.S. @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Harley-Davidson Inc. said foreign-exchange pressures weighed its results in the most recent period, while international motorcycle sales outpaced those in the U.S.
- Blackstone Results Exceed Estimates @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Blackstone said its fourth-quarter profit declined 11% from a year earlier, yet its results exceeded Wall Street’s expectations as the firm set full-year records for several metrics.
- Qunar Focuses on Hotels, Southeast Asia as It Aims For Profitability @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Chinese travel company Qunar Cayman Islands is hoping an increased focus on hotel bookings and a push into Southeast Asia will help it check into profitability by the end of next year.
- Ford Forecasts Stronger 2015 @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Ford Motor posted a modest net profit in the fourth quarter of 2014 and forecast much stronger results for 2015 as it looks to put a year of U.S. vehicle recalls, Russian economic strife and South American ...
- Mexico's Soriana to Buy 160 Stores @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Mexican retailer Soriana intends to buy 160 stores from Controladora Comercial Mexicana for about $2.6 billion, bolstering its position as the country’s second-largest retail chain behind Wal-Mart de Mexico....
- Pharmalot, Pharmalittle: We're Reading About Gilead, AbbVie and Lots More!! @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Hello, everyone, and how are you this morning? We are in fine spirits, thank you, and hope you feel the same. Despite the cold temperatures, a shiny sun is warming the Pharmalot campus, where we are not ...
- L-3 Communications Earnings Rise on Foreign Demand @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
L-3 Communications HoldingsInc. said its fourth-quarter earnings rose as higher shipments to foreign governments offset lower domestic demand.
- Rogers Boosts its Dividend as Earnings Top Views @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
Rogers Communications Inc. posted a better-than-expected fourth-quarter profit on Thursday, partly due to stronger results in its wireless operations, and raised its dividend by 5%.
- Abbott Laboratories Profit Grows 54% @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
Abbott Laboratories said its fourth-quarter earnings soared as the company posted stronger revenue in its nutrition and diagnostics businesses, although currency fluctuations weighed on sales growth.
- Dow Chemical Earnings Beat Estimates on Higher Volumes @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Dow Chemical Co. reported stronger-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings, as higher volumes across the board offset price declines in Western Europe related to the impact of the strong dollar.
- Deutsche Bank Beats Forecasts @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Deutsche Bank’s embattled top management has surprised investors by reporting a return to profit on lower litigation reserves and higher investment-banking revenues.
- Phillips 66 Profit Tops Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Phillips 66posted better-than-expected earnings in its fourth quarter as the refinery company benefits from the flood of cheap crude oil that has sent oil prices tumbling.
- Ukraine Hires Lazard to Assist With Debt Restructuring @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Ukraine has hired investment bank Lazard to assist in negotiations with foreign creditors over restructuring as much as $20 billion of Eurobond debt as the war-torn country’s finances deteriorate.
- Ally Financial Profit Surges @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Ally Financial, the former finance arm of General Motors, said its profit rose 70% in the firm’s first earnings release since it exited the U.S. government’s financial rescue plan last month.
- JetBlue's Profits Rise as Fuel Drops @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
JetBlue Airways Corp. said Thursday that cheaper fuel and operating expenses—coupled with traffic increases—buoyed earnings in the fourth quarter.
- Baxter Offers Disappointing Outlook @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Baxter International reported stronger-than-expected results for its fourth quarter, but the health-care company gave a disappointing profit outlook for the current period.
- EMC Earnings Rise on Strong Demand for Data Storage @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
EMC Corp. posted a 12% rise in fourth-quarter net income, reaping demand for new data-storage hardware while leaving recent questions about the company’s structure unanswered.
- Gazprom Braces for Oil Price Impact @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
Russian gas giant Gazprom posted its weakest quarterly earnings since 2008, saying it could cut capital expenditure as plunging oil prices will further damage revenue.
- Cardinal Health Raises Outlook on Strong Results @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Cardinal Health raised its guidance for its fiscal year ending in June after the company posted forecast-topping results in its December quarter.
- Zimmer Takes Hit from Currency @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Zimmer Holdings’ revenue fell in its fourth quarter as currency volatility weighed on its overseas businesses, but the company gave an upbeat outlook for its current quarter.
- Sherwin-Williams Boosts Outlook as Sales Rise @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
Sherwin-Williams boosted its outlook as it said its sales increased in the most recent quarter, with the company’s paint-stores group delivering the strongest growth.
- Colgate Posts Strong Profit on Growth in Emerging Markets @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
Colgate-Palmolive Co. posted stronger-than-expected earnings in the fourth quarter, as higher pricing and growth in emerging markets helped offset the impact of the stronger dollar.
- Deutsche Bank Earnings: The Takeaways @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
Deutsche Bank opened the European bank earnings season Thursday with forecast-beating results. Here are five points behind those numbers.
- Greek Markets Steady as Banks Rebound @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
Greek financial markets steadied following their sharp postelection slump, with battered bank stocks rallying sharply.
- The Morning Download: Companies Using Big Data to Read Emotion @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
The technology could help save lives. Cameras that could sense when a trucker is exhausted might prevent him from falling asleep at the wheel. The danger, experts say, is that the technology could reveal ...
- Tripda on a Drive to Get Long-Distance Carpooling to Catch On in the U.S. @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
The funding for Tripda comes as others question whether there is a market for its service.
- Wells Fargo Adds Senior Lawyers @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
Wells Fargo recently snagged two former Bank of America Corp. high-ranking lawyers to fill openings in its litigation and workout division
- Celgene Revenue Rises on Cancer Drug Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Celgene’s revenue rose in the most recent period, driven by sales growth of its key cancer treatment, particularly in the U.S. The pharmaceutical company’s top line beat analysts’ expectations, while its ...
- ConocoPhillips Records Loss, to Further Slash Capital Budget @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
ConocoPhillips announced plans Thursday to pare its capital budget by another 15% as the exploration and production company swung to a loss in its fourth quarter amid tumbling crude oil prices.
- Coach's Earnings Fall Less Than Expected @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
Coach posted lower earnings and revenue in its December quarter but highlighted a slight improvement in sales at its North American locations.
- Occidental Swings to Loss @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
Occidental Petroleum swung to a fourth-quarter loss as lower commodities prices offset production growth and led to a big asset write-down.
- Hershey Hurt by Strong Dollar @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Hershey posted weaker-than-expected results in its fourth quarter and gave a soft earnings outlook for 2015 as the candy maker joined the chorus of U.S. companies saying the strong dollar is hurting their ...
- Quest Diagnostics Issues Strong Outlook @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
Quest Diagnostics offered an upbeat outlook for the new year as the company raised its dividend and posted growth in sales and revenue for the most recent quarter.
- Northrop Grumman 2015 Profit Estimate Tops Street Views @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Northrop Grumman Corp. provided profit guidance for 2015 that topped Wall Street expectations as the defense contractor reported stronger fourth-quarter earnings.
- Potash Corp. Profit Jumps 77% @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 39 minutes ago
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. raised its quarterly payout on Thursday and said fourth-quarter earnings jumped 77%, fueled by record potash sales volumes and higher prices for all three of its key fertilizer ...
- Samsung, Apple Battle for Top Spot @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
The fortunes of the world’s two biggest smartphone makers crossed paths again, as contrasting earnings reports from Apple and Samsung Electronics put the two technology giants back in a dead heat for leadership ...
- Nasdaq Posts Lower Profit, Revenue @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
Nasdaq said its profit and revenue fell, while operating expenses grew in the most recent period.
- Lexus Creates 1,000 Video Ads for Facebook Campaign @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
Marketers are increasingly tailoring their ad content specifically for the platforms on which they appear, but Lexus is taking that concept a step further with its latest Facebook campaign.
- BOC Hong Kong Considering Unit Sale @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
BOC Hong Kong is considering selling its controlling stakes in Nanyang Commercial Bank Ltd. and Chiyu Banking Corp., according to people familiar with the situation.
- Diageo Hurt by Weak Demand @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
Diageo has turned in an 18% decline in first-half profit with a drop in revenue in North America weighing on the U.K. drinks group’s performance.
- Pulte Results Tops Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 54 minutes ago
PulteGroup’s results in its December quarter topped Wall Street’s expectations as the home builder begins to see stronger traffic amid a slowly recovering housing market.
- Nomura Holdings Net Jumps 32%, Fueled by Reignited Stocks @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
Profits at Japan’s largest brokerage rise 32% in the October to December quarter, helped by a renewed rise in stocks that boosted sales at its retail business.
- Raytheon Profit Rises 10% @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Raytheon reported a 10% rise in fourth-quarter profit that, like its 2015 guidance, fell short of investor expectations, even as the Pentagon’s third-largest supplier bolstered its backlog with more overseas ...