- [$$] Bond Market Smackdown: SolarCity vs. Sri Lanka @ The Wall Street Journal - 41 minutes ago
Elon Musk’s big bond purchase should give his investors, and Tesla shareholders,pause.
- [$$] Pfizer Buys Part of AstraZeneca's Antibiotics Business @ The Wall Street Journal - 44 minutes ago
Pfizer said the deal would boost its stable of older products, some of which have lost patent protection.
- Dividends Can't Drive This Market Forever @ The Wall Street Journal - 53 minutes ago
Dividends have been driving the stock market for months. But the gas has to run out eventually.
- [$$] WPP Expects to Benefit From Brexit-Weakened Pound @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
WPP PLC, the world’s largest marketing company by revenue, said it is set to benefit from a Brexit-weakened British currency for at least the next year-and-a-half.
- [$$] U.S. LNG for China Arrives Via Panama Canal @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
The first shipment of liquefied natural gas from the lower 48 U.S. states to China arrived this week, thanks to the recently expanded Panama Canal’s easing access to the robust Asian market for U.S. gas ...
- [$$] Aéropostale Duels with Sycamore Over Bankruptcy @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Judge to rule on dispute between retailer, private-equity firm this week
- [$$] CapVest's IBA Molecular to Buy Mallinckrodt's Nuclear Imaging Unit for About $690 Million @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
The acquisition stands to expand IBA Molecular’s geographic presence deeper into the U.S. CapVest initially invested in IBA Molecular back in March.
- [$$] Skullcandy to Be Bought by Mill Road as Incipio Walks Away @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
The deal values the headphones maker at $196.6 million and likely ends a two-month public takeover battle
- [$$] Why Twitter Can't Shake Its Harassment Problem @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Twitter has been trying to shake its reputation as a haven for harassment, but the company’s own design can magnify events, and its rules and response tactics are inconsistent.
- Express Fails to Clear a Low Bar @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Apparel retailer Express Inc. fell short of some rather mundane expectations, and now its shares are falling too.
- Stocks to Watch: Express, Skullcandy, Mallinckrodt, La-Z-Boy @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
Among the companies with shares expected to trade actively in Wednesday's session are Express Inc., Skullcandy Inc., Mallinckrodt PLC and La-Z-Boy Inc.
- [$$] PetroChina and Cnooc Results Plunge @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
The tough times for China’s oil companies appear likely to continue after PetroChina and Cnooc reported weak earnings Wednesday and said they saw little room for optimism for the rest of the year.
- [$$] Mallinckrodt to Sell Nuclear-Imaging Operations @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Mallinckrodt PLC agreed to sell its nuclear-imaging operations to IBA Molecular in a deal that includes a pretax upfront payment of roughly $574 million.
- [$$] Skullcandy to Be Bought by Mill Road @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Headphones maker Skullcandy said it would be acquired by private-equity firm Mill Road Capital Management, likely ending a monthslong takeover battle as rival bidder Incipio walks away from its pursuit....
- Deals of the Day: Pfizer Does Another Deal, Bracing for a September IPO Spike @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Deals of the Day is your one-stop-shop for the morning’s biggest merger news. We've also got a peek at the latest IPOs, the loudest activist investors and the newest private equity transactions.
- [$$] Toll Brothers Revenue and Profit Jump @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Toll Brothers Inc. on Tuesday reported double digit profit and revenue growth in the second quarter as the housing market continues its recovery.
- The Morning Download: AI, Massive Internet Needs Spark Chip Battle @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Chips are hot again. IBM and Advanced Micro Devices are talking up new semiconductors that may erode Intel's dominance. Giant consumers of servers, including Facebook and Google, want alternative suppliers ...
- [$$] Express Cuts Guidance as Sales Declines @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Express again slashed its profit forecast for the year as the apparel chain reported sliding sales in the latest quarter, hurt by dwindling store traffic and online sales.
- [$$] Brazil Judge Authorizes Sale of Petrobras Unit @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
A Brazilian federal judge ruled in favor of a $593 million sale of a minority stake in a subsidiary of state-run oil firm Petróleo Brasileiro to Japan’s Mitsui.
- [$$] Duke University Makes Claim on Estate of Aubrey McClendon @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Duke University made a claim on the estate of oil magnate Aubrey McClendon, saying the Chesapeake Energy co-founder died before he could make good on roughly $10 million of pledges.
- [$$] Chinese Online Lender Lufax Gears Up for Hong Kong IPO @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
Chinese online lender Lufax, valued at $18.5 billion in its latest funding round, could potentially have its initial public offering in Hong Kong before mid-2017, its chief financial officer said.
- China's SAIC Motor Sees Profit Rise on Consumer Tax Break @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
SAIC Motor Corp., China’s biggest auto maker by sales, reported Wednesday that first-half net profit rose 6% from a year earlier, driven by a tax break that encourages small-car purchases.
- Volkswagen Faces Recall of Audi Models in Korea @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
South Korea ordered the local unit of Volkswagen to recall some of its Audi A8 models, dealing a fresh blow to the German auto maker mired in a global emissions scandal.
- [$$] Lloyds Chief Apologizes After Affair Allegations @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
Lloyds Banking Group Chief Executive António Horta-Osório apologized to the British bank’s staff following allegations that he had an affair while on a business trip.
- [$$] Largest Oil Companies' Debts Hit Record High @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
Some of the world’s largest energy companies are saddled with their highest debt levels ever as they struggle with low crude prices, raising worries about their ability to pay dividends and find new barrels....
- [$$] Glencore Reports Narrower Loss, Cuts Debt @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
Mining and commodities group Glencore reported a narrower first-half net loss, said it might reinstate its dividend next year, and signaled that it’s on track to reduce its net debt by selling unwanted ...
- A Hong Kong Skyscraper That Could Fetch Highest Price @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
Hong Kong skyscraper The Center could fetch several billion dollars, possibly making it the most expensive single office building sold anywhere in the world
- [$$] Qantas Soars to Record Profit as Pain Pays Dividend @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
A first dividend payment in seven years marks a big turnaround for Qantas, which as recently as 2014 had been selling terminals, deferring plane orders and laying off staff to stem losses from a bruising ...
- [$$] An Uncommon Friendship @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Two friends, one with special needs and one without, have grown close despite their differences.
- ‘America After the Fall: Painting in the 1930s’ Review: Bullish on Creativity @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Economic hardship helped spur the search for a national artistic identity.
- [$$] Retailers Could Fail the Back-to-School Test @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Retailers with a significant back-to-school business face easy comparisons, but that may already be priced into their shares.
- World Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
- Simone Biles Inspires a Gymnastics Bounce @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Gymnastics facilities across the country report a surge in membership after 19-year-old’s amazing display at Rio Games
- U.K. Property Values? They Are Anyone’s Guess @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Two months after the U.K.’s vote to leave the European Union, there is consensus that its commercial real estate is now worth less. But no one can quite agree on how much values have declined.
- [$$] Goldman Signs $100 Million Credit Facility For Online Lender Fundation @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Fundation, which makes online business loans, this week completed a $100 million credit facility with Goldman Sachs to help it expand its recent partnerships.
- Which Players Will Ruin Your Fantasy Football Season? @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Cam Newton, Dez Bryant and Sammy Watkins are some top fantasy targets with a high risk of injury, according to Sports Injury Predictor’s research.
- [$$] Why 4 a.m. Is the Most Productive Hour @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Some people begin to work or tackle personal tasks before sunrise, aiming to find focus before distractions begin in the standard morning rush.
- [$$] Pinterest Acquires News-Bookmarking App Instapaper @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Pinterest Inc. on Tuesday said it had acquired article-bookmarking app Instapaper. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.
- The Baseball Announcers Who Love to Not Talk Baseball @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
The Mets’ broadcast team has become popular for its stream of consciousness approach where conversation often drifts away from the Mets.
- [$$] A Blind Opera Singer’s Tools for Creativity @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Mezzo-soprano Laurie Rubin packs all kinds of ways to realize her many artistic ideas.
- [$$] Too Much Tech? Latest Boom Reshapes San Francisco @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
The latest tech boom has brought an extraordinary burst of growth to San Francisco, but the boom is also challenging the city’s economic diversity, giving it an enormous concentration in an industry that ...
- [$$] What’s Behind the Garage Door? @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
More homeowners are organizing—or better yet, getting rid of—all the stuff that has forcing them to park in the driveway. For some, it isn’t a garage, it’s a whole new room.
- Your Screen-Time Rules or Mine? @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
How parents can negotiate play dates when policies on technology use vary greatly.
- [$$] Everyone Wants Emerging-Market Bonds, But There Aren’t Enough to Go Around @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
With prices high for emerging-market debt, any uptick in supply or deterioration in demand could tip the balance in an unpleasant way.
- Business Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
- ‘Sunday Night at the Vanguard’ by Fred Hersch Review @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Looking at the special bond between a club and a composer.
- Paying Homage to the Building of America at the National Museum of Industrial History @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
After overcoming numerous hurdles, the National Museum of Industrial History has finally opened in Bethlehem, Pa.
- [$$] Why Europe’s Steady Growth Does Little to Enthuse Investors @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Investors are favoring further-flung, more exciting destinations than Europe for their cash. But steady growth remains a reassuring factor.
- [$$] Apollo to Pay $52.8 Million Over Fee Practices @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Apollo Global Management agreed to pay $52.8 million to settle SEC charges over fee practices, the largest settlement to date by a private-equity firm in the agency’s broad examination of the industry....
- [$$] Another Valeant Parallel at Concordia International @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Concordia CEO’s margin call is the latest stumble in the company’s bad year.