- IBM and Google Need to Resurrect Shares in 2015; Here's How @ TheStreet.com - 51 minutes ago
What must these two former technology powerhouses do next year? A few suggestions.
- S&P 500 at All-Time Highs in Sleepy Post-Christmas Trading @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
The S&P 500 drifts to all-time highs.
- 3D Systems Climbs Despite Setback @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Gulf Coast Ultra Deep Royalty Trust (NASDAQ:GULTU), MacroGenics Inc (NASDAQ:MGNX) and 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) are making notable gains this Friday. Posting losses today are Bio Blast Pharm......
- Sony's 'The Interview' Grosses $1 Million on Christmas Day; Microsoft's Xbox Hit @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Sony Entertainment said its controversial movie, 'The Interview', opened Christmas Day to sold-out viewings, grossing more than $1 million in over 300 theaters.
- This Materials Sector ETF Gained in 2014 Even Though Commodity Prices Fell @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Despite weak gold and lower commodity prices, investors in the Materials Select Sector SPDR exchange-traded fund still have a gain of 6.1% in 2014.
- [video]Crude and Gold Levels Remains in Focus in the Holiday-Shortened Week Ahead @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Markets continued to take out new highs, with the Dow closing over 18,000 for the first time ever.
- GE, 3M, FedEx, UPS the Engines of Industrial Sector Fund Growth @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
This exchange-traded fund is knocking on the door of a new all-time high.
- Top Dividend Stocks in Three Sectors to Buy for Growth and Income in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Some dividend stocks deliver both growth and income. Here are some top picks for the new year.
- Amazon, Home Depot, McDonald's Push Consumer Discretionary Fund to High @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
The Consumer Discretionary sector SPDR set an all-time intraday high Tuesday in anticipation of solid holiday consumer spending.
- Have Reports of Television's Demise Been Greatly Exaggerated? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Media companies such as Fox, CBS and Tribune Media are combining content production with programming and distribution to keep television network revenue alive and well.
- Utilities Stocks: Year in Review and How to Profit in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Where they may trail the market in sex appeal and growth, utility stocks are leaders when it comes to generating income.
- Coke, Pepsi, Procter & Gamble, Wal-Mart Power the Consumer Staples SPDR Fund @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
The 40 companies in this exchange-traded fund helped it perform thanks to a boost in holiday spending.
- Ballantyne Is a Top Stock Under $10 for 2015: David Peltier @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Portfolio Manager David Peltier highlights Ballantyne Strong as one of his top stocks under $10 for 2015.
- Consol Energy Is the Best Stock in a Dismal Coal Sector @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
The coal producer is outperforming because it is transitioning from a dependence on coal.
- Last-Minute Holiday Sales Look Encouraging for U.S. Retailers @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
A strengthening U.S. economy likely made this holiday season a relatively merry one for retailers.
- These 5 Stocks Look 'Toxic' For Investors in 2015: Deutsche Bank and More @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
From a technical analysis standpoint, sellers are shoving around these toxic stocks right now.
- Rally Enters Day 7 as Stock Markets Push to New Record Highs @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Stocks drift upwards to new record highs in the final session of a holiday-shortened week.
- Beverage Stocks: Year in Review and What to Buy in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Here are the beverage stocks that delivered bubbly returns in 2014 and won't lose their fizz in 2015.
- Jim Cramer: Not Much of a Market for Oil, Just Producers Still Pumping @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Supply is out of balance with demand, which means the producers have to call marketing and ask how much the market needs instead of presuming.
- [video]TherapeuticsMD Is a Top Stock Under $10 for 2015: David Peltier @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Portfolio Manager David Peltier highlights TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) as one of his top stocks under $10 for 2015.
- [video]Ballantyne Strong Is a Top Stock Under $10 for 2015: David Peltier @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Portfolio Manager David Peltier highlights Ballantyne Strong (BTN) as one of his top stocks under $10 for 2015.
- Analysts' Actions: Associated Banc-Corp, E-House China Holdings TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Here are today's top research calls.
- U.S. Stock Futures Extend Christmas Cheer in Holiday-Shortened Week @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Stock futures drift upwards to close out a shortened week at record highs.
- 7 Best and Worst Chemical Stocks for the Era of Lower Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Click through to see which chemicals stocks made Morgan Stanley's list as either materially benefitting or being challenged from lower oil prices.
- [video]Sony Stock Off Its 52 Week Low On Lead Up to 'The Interview' @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Sony is in the news for two reasons this morning and that makes it our chart of the day.
- [video]Futures Higher; Sony, Microsoft, Walmart Are Stocks to Watch @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
The U.S. futures are higher after the markets were closed for the Christmas holiday yesterday.
- December 26 Premarket Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
U.S. stock futures rise; markets will likely be thinly traded after the Christmas holiday; FedEx and UPS deal with a package glut; Sony and Microsoft struggle with more hackers.
- Why Is SolarCity Outshining Its Rivals When It Faces So Many Challenges? @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
The company's fundamentals are still shaky at best but at least revenue is growing.
- Why Only Some Airline Tickets Are Falling With Lower Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Airlines can buy futures contracts, thereby locking in their cost. The same contracts bought not long ago are now costing some airlines millions of dollars.
- BlackBerry Classic Review: A Bold Update for CrackBerry Fans @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
This beloved device has been improved in nearly every possible way. But, can it win back the hearts and minds of iPhone and Android converts?
- What U.S. Corporations Are Doing About Trading With Cuba @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
President Barack Obama's decision to drop the trade and travel embargo with Cuba will have little to no effect on most American companies.
- How Will Federal Reserve Policy Affect U.S. Stocks in 2015? @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Here are six reasons the market can still rise even after this recent Fed-led rally.
- Why Now Could Be a Great Time to Pick Up Shares of Netflix @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Investor confusion about Netflix compounded by year-end tax loss selling has the company's stock selling at a bargain. Don't miss out.
- Will E*Trade Get Back in Gear as Options Buyers Look for a Rally? @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
E*Trade has been stuck in a range, and now the bulls are looking for a rally.
- Sony Streams 'The Interview' Capping Weeks of Chaos and Curiosity @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 5:14 PM EST
Sony began streaming "The Interview" on Wednesday, a surprising turn of events after the company said last week that it wouldn't show the satirical movie,
- [video]Uber CEO Indicted in South Korea for Violating Licensing Laws @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
South Korean prosecutors have indicted Uber CEO Travis Kalanick for violating local public transportation licensing law, becoming the latest jurisdiction to challenge the taxi service provider.
- Dow Barely Musters Record Close in Time For Christmas Break @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 1:46 PM EST
The Christmas rally extends into a sixth session, though with smaller gains in a holiday-shortened session Wednesday.
- Jim Cramer Says Bank Stocks Appear Ready to Roll in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 1:39 PM EST
TheStreet’s Jim Cramer says banking stocks could go higher in 2015, as expected higher interest rates should boost profitability.
- [video]Germany's HeidelbergCement Sells Hanson Building Products to Americans @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Germany's HeidelbergCement says it is selling its North American and British brick and concrete pipe business, Hanson Building Products.
- [video]Jim Cramer Says Banks May Finally Be Ready to Roll in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 1:31 PM EST
TheStreet's Jim Cramer says banking stocks could go higher in 2015.
- Market News: Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Virgin America, CalAmp @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 1:21 PM EST
The stock markets in the United States continue to advance with that Russell 2000 close to reaching a record level today. Sign up for our free daily newsletter Yesterday, the Dow Jones Industrial Aver......
- Jim Cramer: Don't Get Too Excited About Oil Going Higher @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:57 PM EST
TheStreet's Jim Cramer says oil could revisit the $52 level, as energy investor Boone Pickens has taught him that oil is a two-sided coin: there's supply and there's demand.
- Navigator Holdings Ltd Shares Surge After "Mad Money" Commentary @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:54 PM EST
Navigator Holdings saw shares bounce up 12% on Christmas Eve, after receiving positive outlook from Mad Money commentator, Jim Cramer on Tuesday. Cramer says that Navigator Holdings Ltd has been unfai......
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Stock Lower Today as Brent Oil Falls Below $60 @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Shares of Occidental Petroleum (OXY) are down today as oil futures fell further Wednesday and gasoline prices set a new five-year low.
- [video]Sony to Release 'The Interview,' Explores Streaming Film Online @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:37 PM EST
In a surprising reversal, Sony Pictures will release 'The Interview,' as about 300 local theaters have agreed to screen the film.
- Noble Corp. (NE) Stock Is Down Today as Oil Prices Decline @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:28 PM EST
Noble Corp. (NE) is falling Wednesday as oil prices resume their decline.
- Whiting Petroleum (WLL) Stock Falling Today as Oil Prices Decline @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Whiting Petroleum (WLL) stock is down as oil prices drop today.
- [video]Russia Makes Another Attempt to Contain the Ruble Crisis @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Russia's central bank on Wednesday launched another initiative to save the ruble, offering hard currency loans to help companies and banks service their debts.
- Ocwen Settlement Could Be a Game Changer for Financial Regulation @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:15 PM EST
Monday's settlement between Ocwen Financial and New York Financial Services Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky may be the boldest act by a regulator since the financial crisis.
- LendingClub (LC) Stock Up Today After Non-Bank Lending in Europe Hits New High @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Shares of LendingClub (LC) are up after non-bank lending hit a high in Europe with 73 deals, suggesting staying power for the world's largest peer-to-peer lending platform.