- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Playing the Dip for Profit @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Unlike traders, investors look at the big picture and focus on longer-term decision making, Cramer says.
- [video] Big Banks Surprise with Better Earnings, Google Sells Out of Glass @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
This week, big banks including Citigroup, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs surprised with better-than-expected earnings and the Labor Department also gave good news on the job front.
- [video] Earnings Scorecard: Looking Ahead to Facebook and Netflix @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Netflix reports on Monday and analyst expect $0.83 a share on $1.27 billion in revenues. On Wednesday analyst expect Facebook to report $0.24 a share on $2.35 billion in revenues.
- 3 of 4 Indexes Make It to the Upside This Week @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Only the DJIA closed to the downside this shortened trading week.
- [video] Subaru's Biggest Challenge: Keeping up With Demand @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Subaru says its biggest challenge right now is keeping dealers stocked with enough inventory to meet demand. The Forester is down to a 14-day supply.
- Will A Positive Earning Report Help Cherokee (CHKE) Stock? @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Cherokee (CHKE) posted a year over year 7.7% net revenue increase in fiscal 2014 to $28.6 million.
- Could Yahoo! Really Poach IPhone Search From Google? @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
James Dennin, Kapitall: Marissa Mayer wants to make Yahoo! the default search on iPhones. Could the hardware giant be lured from [...]
- Is China State Company Reform Real or a Ruse? @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
State companies with foreign partners such as GM and Disney are among those on the reform radar in China. How should you play them?
- Weibo IPO Is a Test for Twitter, Alibaba @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Weibo, often referred to as the Chinese version of Twitter TWTR, will begin trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market after the company priced its initial public offering at the low end of its expected ...
- Stephanie Link: Ingersoll-Rand 'Caught My Attention' @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
One of the industrial themes that I have been focused on has been the recovery potential in the US non-residential construction market. Non-residential construction activity typically follows residential ...
- Has America Really Drunk Its Fill Of These 5 Beverage Stocks? @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
James Dennin, Kapitall: Comsumption of Coke and other soft-drinks is sagging. What could the future hold for these 5 beverage [...]
- Why Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) Stock Finished Higher On Thursday @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) stock closed up after the company announced its first quarter 2014 revenue of NT$148.22 billion.
- One Factor Driving Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Microsoft (MSFT) dipped Thursday after rival Sony (SNE) announced on its blog that it had sold 7 million PlayStation 4 units worldwide, a sign that the latter is dominating the current battle in the video ...
- [video] Markets Mixed Amid Volatile Earnings, Ukraine Peace Deal Reached @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Markets closed mixed after a volatile day of trading - the Dow was lower with the Nasdaq and S&P higher.
- Why athenahealth (ATHN) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Shares of athenahealth (ATHN) are down after-hours Thursday following first-quarter results that missed analysts' expectations for earnings and revenue.
- Waddell & Reed Financial Larger Than S&P 500 Component Zions Bancorporation @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
In the latest look at stocks ordered by largest market capitalization, Russell 3000 component Waddell & Reed Financial Incorporated was identified as having a larger market cap than the smaller end of ...
- Crane Moves Up In Market Cap Rank, Passing Bemis @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
In the latest look at stocks ordered by largest market capitalization, Russell 3000 component Crane Co. was identified as having a larger market cap than the smaller end of the S&P 500, for example Bemis ...
- Dominos Pizza Moves Up In Market Cap Rank, Passing Bemis @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
In the latest look at stocks ordered by largest market capitalization, Russell 3000 component Dominos Pizza Inc. was identified as having a larger market cap than the smaller end of the S&P 500, for example ...
- Fire TV Just Keeps Getting Better @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Amazon's Fire TV was revolutionary in that it was the first set-top box streaming device to include voice search when looking for content, among other features. Now, its revolutionary voice search is about ...
- Dow Today: Boeing (BA) Leads The Day Higher, Visa (V) Lags @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
The Dow component that led the way higher today was Boeing (NYSE: BA ), which sported a $1.88 gain (+1.5%) bringing the stock to $127.92. Holding the Dow back today was Visa (NYSE: V ), which lagged the ...
- Why Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Stock Is Spiking After Hours @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) stock is gaining in extended trading after the company reported a better-than-expected first quarter.
- Capital Bank Financial (CBF) Reports Net Income Increase in First-Quarter Earnings @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Capital Bank Financial (CBF) reported a year-over-year increase in net income in the company's first-quarter earnings report after the market closed on Thursday. The company reported a 120% year-over-year ...
- Why Danaher (DHR) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Danaher (DHR) second quarter guidance misses analysts estimates
- Stocks End Little Changed Amid Earnings, Upbeat Jobless Claims Data @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Major U.S. indices trade little changed amid corporate earnings as investors hedge their bets ahead of a long weekend.
- Select Comfort (SCSS) Stock Gains After Mixed First-Quarter Results @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Select Comfort (SCSS) stock is gaining in after-hours trading Thursday after beating analysts' estimates for revenue in the first quarter, and despite missing earnings estimates.
- Why SandRidge Energy (SD) Stock is Up Today (Update) @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
SandRidge Energy (SD) rose on high volume Thursday, its fourth consecutive day of gains, after Jim Cramer spoke bullishly about the stock on CNBC's Mad Money on Wednesday evening. Cramer said on the show ...
- Lending Club Picks Up IPO-Breed of Investors @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Peer-to-peer lender Lending Club said on Thursday it has picked up the type of investors it would want when the company is taken public, after raising $65 million from T. Rowe Price, Wellington Management, ...
- [video] Understanding the High Frequency Trading Debate @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Dan Cook, Business Development Manager, of Nadex, a U.S.-regulated exchange, breaks down the HFT debate so we have a better, basic understanding as the debate evolves.
- Why Athabasca Oil (ATHOF) Stock Is Up Thursday Afternoon @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Athabasca Oil (ATHOF) stock is higher after the company exercised its option to sell its 40% stake in the planned Dover oil sand project for $1.2 billion.
- Weibo (WB) Stock Rises After IPO (Update) @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Weibo (WB), the Chinese social media company that has been described as the country's equivalent to Twitter (TWTR), rose on Thursday, its first day of trading after its IPO. The company raised $286 million ...
- Are Markets Ready to Catapult Higher? This Technical Pattern Says Yes: StockTwits @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Here is an intriguing technical pattern emerging in the S&P 500.
- Why Yandex (YNDX) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Yandex (YNDX) stock is gaining Thursday on the news that diplomats reached an agreement to reduce tensions in Ukraine.
- Why Cyprus Semiconductor (CY) Stock Is Rising Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Cyprus Semiconductor (CY) stock is rising after posting a first quarter EPS in line with analysts expectations.
- Why Sherwin-Williams (SHW) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Sherwin-Williams (SHW) rose to a high of $200 for the day on Thursday after the paint products maker reported a 9.2% year-over-year revenue increase in its first-quarter earnings report. Sherwin-Williams ...
- [video] Ford Marks 50 Years of Muscle with Limited Edition Mustang @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
One of America's signature muscle cars is turning 50. To celebrate the Mustang's birthday, Ford is releasing a special version of the iconic car -- the 2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition.
- Why Northrop Grumman (NOC) Stock Is Up @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
CEO Wes Bush said that despite belt-tightening at the Pentagon, defense contractors can count on the military's continuing need for advanced technology and personnel training as well as expanded opportunities ...
- Why Dover (DOV) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Dover Corp (DOV) stock is climbing on Thursday after the company reported first-quarter earnings in line with analysts' estimates and revenue slightly above consensus.
- Cellphone Upgrade Mania: Is the Newest Model Worth It? @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Every year the big cellphone manufacturers - namely Apple and Samsung, but also LG, HTC and others - roll out new phone models wrapped in glitzy advertising campaigns ...
- Why Sonoco Products (SON) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Sonoco Products shares are up after beating first quarter EPS estimates and increasing revenue
- Why Moneygram International (MGI) Stock Is Tumbling Today @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Moneygram International (MGI) stock is plummeting on Thursday after retail giant Walmart (WMT) announced exclusive money transfer service Walmart-2-Walmart. The world's largest retailer said the service, ...
- Why Linear Technology (LLTC) Stock Is Higher On Thursday @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Linear Technology (LLTC) stock is up after the company announced an increase in third quarter revenue
- YOU On Demand (YOD) Stock Falls On High Volume @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
YOU On Demand (YOD) fell Thursday on higher-than-average volume. The stock dropped 5.25% to $3.43 at 2:50 p.m. More than 1.9 million shares had changed hands by that point, slightly greater than its average ...
- 4 Big Stocks Getting Big Attention @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Here's how to trade some of the most active stocks on the market today.
- 3 Huge Stocks Everyone Is Talking About @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Here's a look at how to trade some of the most active stocks on the market today.
- Google Earnings Impacted by Nest: What Wall Street's Saying @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
First-quarter earnings for Google miss estimates, but pending any further hiccups it looks like the gravy train is continuing, at least for now.
- Why Renewable Energy (REGI) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Renewable Energy (REGI) stock is falling Thursday after the company lowered expectations for the first quarter
- Why Home Depot (HS) Stock Is Higher This Afternoon @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Shares of Home Depot (HD) are up as the home improvement retailer moves deeper into online distribution.
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Ready to Explode @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
These under-$10 stocks look ready to trade higher from current levels.
- See How Marvell Technology Group Ranks Among Analysts' Top Picks With Strong Buyback Activity @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
A study of analyst recommendations at the major brokerages shows that Marvell Technology Group Ltd. is the #107 broker analyst pick among those stocks screened by The Online Investor for strong stock buyback ...
- Why KeyCorp (KEY) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
KeyCorp (KEY) stock is gaining Thursday after beating analysts' estimates for earnings in the first quarter.