- August ETF Asset Report: Treasury Bonds Prevail Zacks - 6 hours ago
August saw investor interest both in stocks and bonds ETFs.
- Mexico ETFs Back on Track? Zacks - 7 hours ago
After a period of sluggish growth, the Mexican economy is finally picking up momentum.
- Absolute Shares Trust Debuts with 10 Active Multi-Asset ETFs Zacks - Sun, Aug 31, 2014 11:24 PM EDT
These newly launched funds use quantitative methodologies and technical analysis.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals' Pipeline Progress Raises Costs Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
Regeneron (REGN) expects adjusted SG&A costs to rise further in the remaining quarters of 2014.
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Introduces ProLiant Generation 9 Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:20 PM EDT
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HPQ) is all set to usher in a new era of server experience with its 'HP ProLiant Generation 9 (Gen9)' server systems to meet the growing demand for cloud computing and Big Data.
- KKR & Borealis Maritime Buy 9 Ships from Commerzbank Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:15 PM EDT
Kohlberg Kravis announced the purchase of a shipping portfolio containing nine feeder container vessels in partnership with Borealis Maritime in a deal coordinated by the German bank Commerzbank (CRZBY)....
- Pfizer's C. Difficile Vaccine Gets Fast Track Status Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:10 PM EDT
Pfizer Inc. (PFE) announced that its vaccine candidate for clostridium difficile infection has been granted fast track designation by the FDA.
- Honda Recalls 63,200 More Vehicles with Faulty Takata Airbag Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:05 PM EDT
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (HMC) recently announced a global recall of 63,200 vehicles with faulty Takata-made driver-side air bags.
- Google Likely to Release 2 Nexus Smartphones in 2014 Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Google's (GOOGL) plans for its Nexus brand are persistently under a lot of speculation. Per sources, Google might release two new Nexus smartphones this year along with the rumored Nexus 9 tablet.
- OncoMed's Vantictumab Studies' Partial Clinical Hold Lifted Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OMED) announced that the FDA has removed the partial clinical hold on the enrollment process in the phase I studies on vantictumab.
- Berkshire Hathaway Business Diversity Drives Top-Line Growth Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:45 PM EDT
Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) continues with its favorable operating performance backed by its diversified businesses across multiple industries.
- Morgan Stanley Plans to Build CNG Export Facility in Texas Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:45 PM EDT
Morgan Stanley (MS) has submitted its plans for setting up a compressed natural gas export facility near Freeport,TX to the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy, as per Reuters.
- Health Net's Health Service Premium Growth Looks Promising Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:35 PM EDT
On Aug 29, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Health Net, Inc. (HNT).
- Verizon FiOS Signs Deal to Add SEC Network Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ), has collaborated with SEC Network and expects to air the latter's services on its Channels 75 and 575, effective today.
- Can Dr Pepper Snapple Sustain the Solid 1H Results in 2H? Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:25 PM EDT
On Aug 28, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. (DPS).
- Dow Chemical and Xgenex Partner to Sell WRS Technology Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:21 PM EDT
Dow Chemical (DOW) agrees to sell Dow AOS certified Whole Room Sanitization (WRS) with Xgenex in the U.S.
- BioMed Realty Inks Lease Agreement with GlycoMimetics in MD Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:20 PM EDT
BioMed Realty Trust, Inc. (BMR) inked a new deal with GlycoMimetics, Inc. (GLYC) for leasing a property at the Center for Life Science | Shady Grove in Rockville, MD.
- Aon Widens Coverage Options, Increases Elective Benefits Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
Aon plc's (AON) health solutions unit, Aon Hewitt has declared the inclusion of a wide range of elective benefits under the Aon Active Health Exchange for 2015.
- Intellipharmaceutics' Oxycodone Program to Prevent Overdose Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
Intellipharmaceutics (IPCI) upgraded its Rexista oxycodone development program.
- KB Home to Build 86 Single-Family Homes in Denver Community Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
KB Home (KBH) recently declared that it intends to build a new gated community of 86 homes called Pinery West.
- GE Capital Boosts Nielsen & Bainbridge's Liquidity Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
GE Antares, an operating unit of General Electric Company's (GE) GE Capital, recently served as an administrative agent on a $315 million senior secured credit facility to Nielsen & Bainbridge, LLC (N&B)....
- Protalix/Pfizer's Elelyso Approved in Pediatric Patients Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Protalix (PLX) and Pfizer (PFE) announced that the FDA has approved Elelyso injection for pediatric patients suffering from type I Gaucher disease.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Starts Phase III Study on ISIS-APOCIIIRx Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:55 PM EDT
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ISIS) has initiated a phase III study which will evaluate the use of ISIS-APOCIIIRx.
- UPS Expands CA Facility to Boost Processing Capacity Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) recently announced a $17.5 million facility expansion project at Menifee, CA.
- Noble Energy's Gulf of Mexico Focus Yielding Results Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:45 PM EDT
Noble Energy (NBL) announced promising drilling results from its offshore Gulf of Mexico assets.
- Verizon Wireless Tops J.D. Power 2014 Network Quality Study Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
Verizon (VZ) has once again proven its mettle as a quality wireless network provider, reinforcing its growing infrastructural strength.
- hhgregg Struggles with Weak Consumer Electronics Business Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
On Aug 28, 2014, we issued an updated research report on hhgregg, Inc. (HGG). This appliance and electronics retailer reported weak results for first quarter fiscal 2015 on Jul 31, mainly due to a decline ...
- Eli Lilly-Boehringer Drug's Cost Effectiveness Questioned Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:30 PM EDT
Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) and partner Boehringer Ingelheim are facing an issue related to Jardiance (empagliflozin) in the UK.
- Tower Group Still Faces Negative Rating Action by A.M. Best Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:20 PM EDT
Tower Group (TWGP) posts weak second quarter results, continues to face negative rating action.
- Las Vegas Sands Unit to Resume Parisian Macau Construction Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:10 PM EDT
Sands China Ltd. - a majority-owned subsidiary of Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) - announced that the Chinese government has given the requisite permit to resume the construction of the casino known as the ...
- Willis Group Adds IFG Group Businesses, Boosts Irish Base Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Willis Ireland, a part of Willis Group Holdings plc (WSH), acquired a range of Irish pension and financial advisory businesses from IFG Group plc.
- Nasdaq OMX Group Hits 52-Week High on Solid Q2 Performance Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:50 PM EDT
On Aug 28, shares of The Nasdaq OMX Group, Inc. (NDAQ) touched a 52-week high of $43.92 buoyed by the solid second-quarter earnings beat.
- Enbridge Energy Partners Shows Stability on Fee-Based Growth Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
We issued an updated research report on Enbridge Energy Partners L.P. (EEP) on Aug 25, 2014.
- CVS Caremark Partners MedStar to Boost MinuteClinic Division Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
CVS Caremark (CVS) recently entered into a clinical collaboration with MedStar Health to drive growth in its retail healthcare division, MinuteClinic.
- Momenta-Sandoz's Generic Copaxone Accepted for Review by FDA Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:20 PM EDT
Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA) announced that the FDA has accepted Sandoz's abbreviated new drug application for generic Copaxone for review.
- Medtronic Initiates Device Implants under Largest CRT Trial Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:10 PM EDT
Medtronic's (MDT) pioneer AdaptiveCRT software, available in its Viva XT CRT-D, delivers customized physiologic pacing.
- Walgreens-AK Health Department Unite to Curb Whooping Cough Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
Both Walgreen Co. (WAG) and the Department of Health and Social Services have actively taken up this initiative to improve immunization rates
- China Unicom, China Telecom to Extend 4G Network Trial Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:50 PM EDT
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited (CHU) and China Telecom Corp. (CHA) have won regulatory approval to expand their 4G network trial to 40 cities
- EA Announces Multiplayer Co-operative Dragon Age Sequel Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
BioWare, a studio of video games developer and publisher Electronic Arts (EA), recently announced a co-operative multiplayer for its upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition game.
- Lower FICC Hits Top Investment Banks, 1H14 Revenues Down 5% Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:38 PM EDT
Weak fixed income, currencies and commodities (FICC) revenues hit the world's top 10 investment banking giants with their top line witnessing a 5% decline in the first half of 2014, according to a report ...
- Intel Contests $1.4B Antitrust Fine Levied by European Union Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
Intel (INTC) has appealed to the European Court of Justice, European Union's top court, to overturn the $1.44 billion (1.06 euro) antitrust fine, stating that the lower court's judgment to uphold the decision ...
- Apple (AAPL) Sets Probable Launch Date for iPhone 6 & iWatch Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
Apple Inc. (AAPL) recently announced that it will host an event on Sep 9, 2014 at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts, near its headquarters in Cupertino.
- Stantec to Buy Penfield & Smith, Boost Californian Presence Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:10 PM EDT
Stantec (STN) signed a letter of intent to acquire Santa Barbara-based Penfield & Smith, a civil engineering and land planning firm.
- How to Play the B.R.I.C.S.? Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:02 PM EDT
Only 22% of the world's GDP is generated in the U.S. Find out how to open up the rest of the world to your portfolio.
- Ingram Micro (IM) and Monexa Services Ink Distribution Deal Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Technology distribution company, Ingram Micro (IM) signed a deal with Canada-based Monexa Services Inc. for the distribution of enterprise billing solutions in the U.S. and Canada.
- Cooper Companies Hits 52-Week High on Strong Q2 Results Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
The Cooper Companies (COO) shares have recorded a healthy one-year return of 25.0%.
- Covidien Acquires Venous Disease Cure Developer Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
The acquisition of this privately-held company, including its VenaSeal system, will boost Covidien's (COV) flat Vascular business sales
- AutoNation Sees Growth on Store Expansion and Share Buybacks Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 12:40 PM EDT
On Aug 28, 2014, we issued an updated research report on AutoNation Inc. (AN)
- Shell Intends to Resume Drilling in Arctic, Submits Plan Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDS.A),submitted a revised Artic offshore drilling plan to the federal regulator, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, with the intention of resuming oil exploration activities in ...
- Texas Instruments Launches 46 Power-Saving Microcontrollers Zacks - Fri, Aug 29, 2014 12:28 PM EDT
Texas Instruments (TXN) recently expanded its lowest power consuming microcontroller portfolio with the launch of 46 new ultra-low-power MSP430 FRAM microcontrollers (MCUs), namely MSP430FR69x MCUs.