SILICON VALLEY, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 12, 2013) - Proxim Wireless Corporation (
The MP.11 HS 4454 product has the features to deliver real-world performance for a variety of real-world applications. In particular, the flexibility and features of the product allow it to excel when delivering HD video security and surveillance coverage. As just one example, the MP.11 HS 4454 product can be configured to deliver real-time video from an unmanned vehicle in the air to people on the ground driving in their vehicle. A pictorial demonstration of the uninterrupted video coverage that can be enjoyed by ground personnel (even while moving between base stations) is being included on Proxim's website.
In addition to border patrol and security, the MP.11 HS 4454 product can be used to provide ultra-secure, cost-effective, high-performance connectivity in a wide variety of other public safety applications, such as secure communication networks, perimeter security, transportation system monitoring and telemetry, and remote monitoring of city streets, airports, bridges, seaports, transportation hubs, offices, warehouses, and other areas.
Proxim's MP.11 HS 4454 product benefits from Proxim's 20+ years of experience in developing wireless broadband equipment and the technological performance and differentiation enabled by Proxim's proprietary Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP®) software. Specific features that differentiate the MP.11 HS 4454 product include:
- Being the only radio that can support both the NATO (4.4 - 5.0 GHz) and unlicensed 5 GHz (5.2 - 5.8 GHz) frequency bands in a single radio product
- Being software configurable such that a single hardware SKU can serve in a Point-to-Point (PtP) or Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP) configuration (and as either a base station or a subscriber unit in a PtMP setting)
- Enabling mobility ensuring uninterrupted connectivity for a subscriber unit moving at up to 120 miles per hour and even roaming from one base station to another
- Being certified as FIPS 140-2 level 2 compliant providing ultra-secure connectivity
All of these differentiating features and flexibilities were specifically designed by Proxim to meet the real-world needs and desires of its customers in this market.
Of course, the MP.11 HS 4454 product shares other features with Proxim's other radio products powered by Proxim's proprietary WORP software such as:
- OFDM radio technology
- Carrier-grade Quality of Service (with up to 512 service level classifications possible)
- Increased spectral efficiency
- RF interference avoidance via dynamic shifting to a less-congested channel
- Centralized management
- Small form factor
- Low power consumption
- Easy and fast installation - audible tone and real-time signal strength measurement enabling quick installation without having to pull wired cables
- Designed for use in harsh environmental conditions (IP67 Rating)
- High power output enabling long operating distances. In fact, the MP.11 HS 4454 product has enabled real-world connectivity at a distance of over 50 miles at a 48 Mbps data rate.
Quote from Proxim
"I am honored to accept this award on behalf of Proxim," said Lee Gopadze, President and CEO of Proxim Wireless. "We specifically designed this product for border patrol and other high-security video surveillance and connectivity needs. It is very gratifying to see our efforts recognized. We previously issued a press release about one deployment of this product for the U.S. Air Force."
The MP.11 HS 4454 is just one of Proxim's suite of broadband wireless products. More information about Proxim's entire product line is available on Proxim's website www.proxim.com.
About Proxim Wireless
Proxim Wireless Corporation (
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could contribute to such differences including difficulties in overcoming the network installation and operational challenges relating to any specific customer or geographical area; factors beyond our control such as weather, geographic, governmental, and interference issues that may increase the costs and difficulties of wireless deployments; specific requirements of a given customer in their specific situations; whether the deployment will achieve the desired objectives of any given customer; and difficulties or delays in supplying products with the features, performance, compliances, certifications, cost, price, quality, and other characteristics desired by customers. Further information on these and other factors that could affect Proxim's actual results is contained in the filings made by Proxim with the OTC Markets (available at www.otcmarkets.com), including without limitation in the Annual Report filed by Proxim on March 30, 2010, and is and will be contained in its other public statements, which may be available on Proxim's website (www.proxim.com).
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
- Proxim Wireless
Vice President, Corporate Affairs
Email: Email Contact
Phone: (413) 584-1425