LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Oct 24, 2012) - Qualys Inc. (
"Analyzing the impact of Patch Tuesday and zero-day vulnerabilities is a challenging task for IT departments," said Charles Kolodgy, research vice president, Secure Products, for IDC. "Providing an instant view of where the impact of the new vulnerabilities are will help customers better assess their risk exposures and therefore allow them to allocate the needed resources to eliminate or mitigate these threats."
Without launching any new scans, the new dashboard and threat reports leverage the vulnerability predictive analytics engine to provide the following:
- Dashboard widget that provides easy-to-read view of the latest Microsoft security bulletins including the percentage of potentially impacted IT assets in the network.
- Microsoft bulletin references linked to vulnerabilities with detailed descriptions of threat, impact and solutions, in addition to potential associated known exploits and malware from multiple sources.
- Vulnerability prediction report per Microsoft bulletin with affected host breakdown by asset groups in the network.
- Search capabilities to search, scan and report on vulnerabilities over specific time periods, affecting different products or software.
- Latest information and signatures for iDefense exclusive zero-day threats with customizable alerts on new zero-days along with a threat report providing the list of IT assets that are potentially impacted by the zero-day.
"Two years back we introduced a patch report in QualysGuard to help IT professionals drive remediation efforts more effectively," said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO for Qualys. "Today we are taking another step forward by providing an innovative vulnerability prediction engine for zero-days and Microsoft Patch Tuesday vulnerabilities that predicts potential impact without the need to perform additional scans, so customers can take action the day of the release to minimize their risk of exposure."
About QualysGuard Cloud Platform
The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and its integrated suite of security and compliance solutions helps provide organizations of all sizes with a global view of their security and compliance posture, while reducing their total cost of ownership. The QualysGuard Cloud Suite, which includes Vulnerability Management, Web Application Scanning, Malware Detection Service, Policy Compliance, PCI Compliance and Qualys SECURE Seal, enable customers to identify their IT assets, collect and analyze large amounts of IT security data, discover and prioritize vulnerabilities and malware, recommend remediation actions and verify the implementation of such actions.
About QualysGuard Vulnerability Management
QualysGuard Vulnerability Management, or QualysGuard VM, is an industry leading and award-winning solution that automates network auditing and vulnerability management across an organization, including network discovery and mapping, asset management, vulnerability reporting, and remediation tracking. Driven by our comprehensive KnowledgeBase of known vulnerabilities, QualysGuard VM enables cost-effective protection against vulnerabilities without substantial resource deployment.
Qualys Inc. (
For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Qualys, the Qualys logo and QualysGuard are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
- Vulnerability Management