SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 4, 2012) - Quantum Corp. (
NerVve significantly accelerates the search of either live feeds or massive stores of video and imagery and provides notification when objects are found or an event of interest has occurred. It utilizes a search-by-example methodology to search and deliver ranked results in an easy-to-read format. In addition, NerVve uses novel, internally-developed, machine learning and computer vision algorithms that have been accelerated to perform functions with exceptional speed. The highly scalable software runs on readily available hardware and leverages a drag-and-drop interface to facilitate quick searches of video files.
Quantum's investment in NerVve reflects its continued leadership in helping customers manage the growing amount and size of video content so they can get the most value from it. Available in appliance and software form, its StorNext solution is tested to scale up to one billion files and petabytes of data using tiered data management to deliver significant cost efficiencies and provide built-in data protection.
The combination of StorNext and NerVve technology can deliver significant benefits in a variety of big data visual search use cases, including:
- Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (national and local levels) -- Video and imagery archives, as well as real-time, full motion video (FMV) footage, can be automatically searched or monitored to recognize objects and content and alert analysts, thereby enabling forensic information gathering with improved productivity and results. Geospatial data capture and mission data analysis also can be accelerated to effectively support ground systems and multi-point analysis.
- Media and Entertainment -- Embedded branding, ad placement, celebrities and athletes can be quickly located in audiences of live sporting events or large gatherings. This enables content owners to quickly log footage, adding the descriptive information that simplifies content search for editors and shortens the cycle to create new, revenue-generating content. Product images can also be easily retrieved, analyzed and contextually targeted for real-time advertising placement during news, sports and entertainment broadcasts.
- Social Media -- Images of branded products can be discovered and analyzed to determine which video/pictures are associated with brands within social media channels. This can provide media buyers with more detailed information regarding certain brands.
Thomas E. Slowe, CEO, NerVve Technologies
"Quantum's StorNext software is proven to scale and perform in the most demanding video streaming environments. Combining it with our ultra fast video search and index technology provides a compelling solution that delivers the speed and efficiency to effectively manage massive amounts of content. Quantum's decision to invest in us is testament to the value we can provide to the government, broadcasters and social media, and we look forward to working with Quantum to benefit a broad range of customers."
Janae Stow Lee, senior vice president, Filesystem and Archive, Quantum
"As higher video resolutions generate more detailed information and greater content, sifting through it all to find specific images becomes a daunting task. With a successful track record helping customers manage high-performance access, sharing and archiving for tremendous amounts of data, StorNext is a perfect match with NerVve's high-speed automated video and image search software. The two technologies are designed to maximize productivity and efficiencies and enable customers to extract the most value from their video content."
- Learn more about StorNext and the StorNext appliance family: www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/index.aspx
- Participate in the StorNext Community Forum: http://stornextforum.com
- Follow the latest StorNext happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/stornext
- Join the StorNext conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stornext
- Additional information about NerVve can be found at: www.NerVveTechnologies.com and www.quantum.com/StorNextandNerVve
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain™ they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to benefits from Quantum's investment in NerVve technology and from the combination of StorNext and NerVve technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Technology & Electronics