SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 12, 2013) - RAE Systems, the leader in toxic gas detection systems and portable detectors, today announced that as part of its ongoing commitment to enhance safety through reduction in incident response times for first responders, the company will demonstrate its new wireless area and personal gas and radiation detection monitor data in a ProRAE Guardian browser-based "connected threat detection" environment at the Fire Department Instructor Conference (FDIC), in Indianapolis from April 25-27, 2013 at Booth #1143.
At FDIC, the premier conference and exhibition for the fire industry, RAE Systems will actively demonstrate fire and HazMat gas and radiation detection innovations including data delivered to iPad tablets and smartphones. The live real-time data will be reported from the company's portable ToxiRAE Pro single-gas monitors, MultiRAE multi-threat detectors, GammaRAE II R radiation detectors, AreaRAE transportable multi-gas and radiation instruments, BioHarness biometric device and third-party instruments.
RAE Systems will also demonstrate its closed-loop wireless fireground detection with its new EchoView Host system connected to multiple ToxiRAE Pro single and MultiRAE multi-gas monitors and will unveil new videos of wireless fire smoke gas detection at the Booth.
With RAE systems ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System, situational data obtained by multiple responder teams can be instantaneously shared securely through the Internet to aid mission control, simplify the coordination of joint operations and allow remote experts to be added to the operation in real time. The system provides a "mobile command center" for incident responders to remotely monitor Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs/TIMs), flammable gases, chemical Warfare Agents (CWA), radiation, meteorological conditions, GPS-based location information and physiological condition of responders.
"It is imperative that first responders have access to the most up-to-date, technologically advanced gas and radiation detection systems to ensure the safety of themselves and the public," said Thomas Negre, vice president of products and marketing for RAE Systems. "The new ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System was developed through extensive field-testing to provide emergency responders and incident commanders with instant access to threat data directly on their mobile devices to aid them in mission coordination and to ultimately help save lives."
RAE Systems FDIC Sponsorships and Prize Drawing
- On Wednesday, April 24 at 5 p.m., RAE Systems will sponsor the Brotherhood Bash -- an annual get-together of FDIC attendees the day before the Exhibit Hall opens. At the Brotherhood Bash, RAE Systems will give away T-shirts, designed exclusively for the FDIC attendees. They will run out quickly, attendees are encouraged to show up early.
- The company will conduct a drawing for a lucky entrant to Win a Cruise (up to $3500 value including airfare) anywhere in the world, or one of four Apple® iPad* tablets.
- RAE Systems will also sponsor the American Female Firefighters Association (AFF). An AFF member will be signing the AFF 2013 calendar at RAE Systems Booth during show exhibit hours.
- RAE Systems has been a supporter and sponsor of the Fire Smoke Coalition for several years and will jointly sponsor training classes on Monday and Thursday:
1. The Dangers of Fire Smoke Exposure, Monday, April 22, 1:30 - 5:30 p.m. Chief Rob Schnepp, Alameda County (Calif.) Fire Department, will instruct attendees on awareness, prevention, protection, detection, and diagnosis of fire smoke, appropriate treatment, and why firefighters must prevent exposure at every fireground scene.
2. Atmospheric Monitoring On the Fireground, Thursday, April 25, 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Special Operations Chief Jason Krusen, Columbia (SC) Fire Department, will teach this course on detecting the presence of toxic gases, and how to implement an air-monitoring program on the fireground.
Learn More, See More
- Emergency responders attending the FDIC Trade Show, April 16-21, 2013, in Indianapolis, can register for the show, download an entry form to win a Cruise or one of four iPads, or sign up to receive an exclusive 1:1 wireless hands-on product demonstration by clicking HERE (http://bit.ly/ZNdRfn).
- To learn more about the ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety Monitoring System and experience a 3-D tour of wireless gas detection in the fireground, click HERE (http://www.raesystems.com/emergency-responder/#).
- Emergency responders can learn more about the "Toxic Twins" and fireground safety, HERE (http://www.raesystems.com/firstresponder/)
About RAE Systems
RAE Systems innovates, designs and manufacturers gas sensors and radiation detectors. The company offers a full line of fixed and portable gas detection solutions, including handheld and personal chemical, compound and radiation detection instruments. RAE Systems' real-time safety and detection systems have been deployed by organizations in the oil and gas, fire and hazmat, industrial safety, national security and environmental markets, helping save lives and maintain safety in 120 countries. The company's industry-leading gas sensors and radiation detection solutions are widely recognized for their performance and reliability. Learn more at raesystems.com.