AKRON, Ohio, May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bryant & Stratton College announced today that it will host a Career Fair at its Akron Campus on June 10. Over 20 area companies will be in attendance and ready to speak with qualified job seekers. Additionally, campus career experts will be on hand to provide tips on how to improve resumes and interview skills. The event will be held from 12 to 4 p.m. at 190 Montrose West Avenue, on "Restaurant Hill."
Campus officials encourage job seekers, especially those interested in the medical and healthcare field to attend. To help attendees prepare for the event, Bryant & Stratton College offers these tips for being successful at a job fair:
* Be prepared - Attendees should bring plenty of copies of their resume for potential employers. Additionally, attendees only have a brief window of time to make a good impression. Preparing a short introduction, also known as an elevator speech, that highlights personal background information, leadership or professional successes and the reason a candidate will be an asset to a company will help quickly grab a recruiter's attention. "Being able to communicate who you are and what you might bring to a company in under two minutes is a critical skill at a job fair. Attendees will be meeting with several potential employers and you want to be sure to leave a good impression," said Dr. Florentine Hoelker, Akron Campus Director, Bryant & Stratton College. "Having a couple questions prepared is also a good way to show you will be a thoughtful and proactive employee."
* Be polished - Looking and sounding professional are critical at a job fair. There is always a chance of being interviewed on the spot at a job fair, so attendees should plan to wear suits just as they would to any other interview. Practicing answers to common interview questions is also helpful and can help attendees communicate confidence.
* Be polite - Companies often meet hundreds of applicants during a job fair so little things can go a long way. Job seekers who say thank you at the end of a meeting or get the recruiter's business card and send a hand-written thank you note give themselves a chance to stand out among the crowd.
"Job fairs are a great opportunity to meet with several employers in a short amount of time. However, attendees only have one chance to make a good impression, so it's a good idea to spend time planning for the event," said Mr. Mitch Lederman, State Director of Career Services. "At Bryant & Stratton College part of our mission is to teach students employability skills and make sure they are career ready upon graduation. This fair and expo is part of that effort. We are very excited to help job seekers connect with prospective employers and get any extra help they need with their job search from our knowledgeable counselors."
What: Career Fair
When: June 10, 12 to 4 p.m.
Where: 190 Montrose West Avenue, Akron, OH 44321 on "Restaurant Hill."
Who: Over 20 local companies with open positions.
For more information call 330-598-2500
Bryant & Stratton College has four campuses in Ohio offering degrees programs in Health Services Administration, Medical Assisting, Business, Nursing and Paralegal, among others.
The College also has campus locations in New York, Virginia and Wisconsin and an Online Education Division. For more information about Bryant & Stratton College and its degree programs and campuses, visit www.bryantstratton.edu.
About Bryant & Stratton College:
Bryant & Stratton College is a private career college delivering outcomes based education and training through a flexible, contemporary curriculum in a personalized environment. The College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and has locations in New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin, as well as an Online Education division and a Professional Skills Center. For 160 years, Bryant & Stratton College has been providing real world education to help graduates succeed, offering degree and certificate programs in a variety of fields including business, criminal justice, financial services, healthcare, human resources and information technology. For graduation rates, the median debt of graduates and other important information, please visit www.bryantstratton.edu/disclosures. General information about Bryant & Stratton College and its programs is available at www.bryantstratton.edu.
Bryant & Stratton College
PRLog ID: www.prlog.org/12329515
- Personal Finance - Career & Education
- Bryant & Stratton College