PARSIPPANY, NJ--(Marketwire - Mar 18, 2013) - Realogy Holdings Corp., a global leader in real estate services, today reported that the Company's outreach efforts raised $10 million in 2012 that was donated to charity, which includes $2.1 million donated by the Realogy Charitable Foundation to 677 local charities. The figures were reported in the newly released Realogy Diversity & Community Outreach 2012 Report, which highlights diversity initiatives and community outreach efforts of its employees and members of its real estate franchise brand networks.
"We are committed to being a solid corporate citizen in many realms, including embracing and promoting diversity in residential real estate and supporting our local communities," said Richard A. Smith, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Realogy. "On the charitable outreach front, we are proud of the extraordinary efforts, community involvement and generosity of our employees, affiliated brokers and agents."
Other highlights from the report include:
- The Realogy Charitable Foundation's local donations included $188,800 to 92 Realogy employees and Realogy brand-affiliated brokers and agents who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, as well as to the American Red Cross. Employees and sales associates organized supply drives, personally drove supplies to the affected areas, and lent their hands in the cleanup efforts.
- Carrie Ballone, senior trainer, Realogy Corporate Services, received the highest award honoring diversity efforts among Realogy employees: the 2012 Realogy Diversity & Inclusion Award. She was recognized for taking a leadership role in a diversity workforce committee on which she serves as a volunteer.
- Realogy's humanitarian employee award recipients are featured for their extraordinary charitable work in 2012, as is Michael Ray Campbell, a broker associate with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Tucson, Ariz., who was one of five agents who won the 2012 Good Neighbor award by the National Association of Realtors.
- Realogy's partnerships with the Asian Real Estate Association of America, the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals, among others, are featured prominently in this report.
- Realogy held its second annual Diversity & Inclusion Week across the company in April 2012, and employees across the globe got involved in creative activities to further underscore their recognition for one another's differences and to better serve clients in their local multicultural market areas.
- Realogy and its employees provided significant support for cancer causes, as underscored by the numerous walks, runs and fundraisers featured in this report.
Additionally, Realogy was the first company to host an open public enrollment for the American Cancer Society's Cancer Prevention Study-3, which was one of the American Cancer Society's most successful enrollment events. For 2013, Realogy was again named a Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer for the company's leadership and commitment to the health of its employees.
The Realogy Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity supporting the philanthropic and volunteer activities of Realogy Holdings Corp. and its family of companies. The Foundation is incorporated in Delaware and its tax ID is 20-0755090.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (
- Volunteering & Philanthropy
- Society & Culture