Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Tucson, Arizona. People can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes throughout Pima County, including Northwest, Northeast and Central Tucson.
“Arizona is one of the most interesting and exciting markets for real estate junkies to watch, as shifts there tend to precede similar trends in other parts of the country. Over the past four years, Redfin agents have been helping homebuyers and sellers in Phoenix navigate dramatic changes in home prices and inventory,” said Redfin regional director Mark Reitman. “Feedback from our customers there confirms how critical it is to have an agent who’s truly on your side, no matter what kind of market you’re facing. We’re excited to offer the same brand of advocacy and technology to the people of Tucson and those looking to relocate there.”
The Redfin model is different from that of other brokerages because it uniquely aligns agent and customer interests. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles, and 97 percent of customers would recommend their Redfin agent.
Redfin real estate agents spend zero time seeking out new clients. This means they can focus all their time on delivering great service while helping clients buy or sell their homes. This efficiency enables Redfin to pass savings on to our clients. For a $350,000 home, a Redfin homebuyer in Tucson would receive a $1,550 refund at closing. Redfin charges sellers 1.5 percent instead of the standard 3 percent, while providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $350,000 home with a Redfin agent would save approximately $3,500.
Sara Fischer is leading the team in Tucson as the local Redfin market manager. Fischer originally hails from San Diego where she started her career as a real estate agent 19 years ago. In Tucson, she will be responsible for building a team of local agents and helping people buy and sell homes. Fischer has friends and family in Tucson and has long considered it her second home.
“I am really excited to bring Redfin’s customer-oriented approach to real estate in Tucson. As a Redfin veteran, what I love about my job is working for a company that emphasizes doing the right thing no matter what,” Fischer said. “I utilize creativity, patience and perseverance to help every person I work with have the best experience possible selling their current home or finding their next dream home.”
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Tucson can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale:
- Redfin Home Dashboard: A comprehensive online resource for home sellers that provides real-time data about their home.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: Reviews of lenders, inspectors and title companies for buyers and handymen, stagers and more with feedback from Redfin agents.
To find or sell a house and to connect with a local agent, please visit redfin.com. To learn more about working at Redfin and to apply for open positions in Tucson and other locations, please visit redfin.com/jobs.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed more than $13 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.
- Real Estate
- Selling Real Estate
- real estate brokerage
Amy Musser, 206-588-6863