Redfin (www.redfin.com), the technology-powered real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Las Vegas, Nevada. The real estate search website and mobile tools have been available to consumers there since 2010, and homebuyers and sellers in Las Vegas can now work with Redfin agents, who are paid salaries and awarded bonuses based on customer satisfaction reviews, to buy and sell homes.
“Las Vegas is an extremely cyclical market that was hit hard in the recession, but has rebounded and is moving toward increased stability,” said Redfin Regional Director Mark Reitman. “Our agents are excited to help homebuyers and sellers throughout Las Vegas.”
Now people can work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes in North Las Vegas, Centennial Hills, Henderson and Summerlin. People can also continue to work with Redfin partner agents for homes in areas that Redfin agents do not serve.
Ed Smith joins Redfin as the Las Vegas market manager. A well-rounded real estate professional with 20 years of experience in all facets of the real estate industry, Smith began his career as a mortgage broker and went on to work his way up through the new construction industry, later serving as Sales Manager for Del Webb Corporation, a Las Vegas homebuilder. Smith has been working in the Las Vegas real estate market for more than 10 years, and most recently transitioned to a managerial role for a traditional brokerage before joining Redfin.
“Redfin’s customer-focused model is a natural fit for me because I have always taken pride in treating my clients like family,” Smith said. “I’m excited to introduce to Las Vegas a team of agents who are similarly invested in treating every client’s home purchase or sale as if it were their own.”
The Redfin model is different from that of other brokerages because it uniquely aligns agent and customer interests. Unlike traditional real estate agents, Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, and customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determine each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles, and 97 percent of customers would recommend their Redfin agent.
Redfin also works to put money back into the pockets of both its buying and selling customers. Redfin refunds homebuyers a portion of the buyer's agent commission. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $175 million in real estate fees. For a $300,000 home, a Redfin homebuyer in Las Vegas would save more than $1,600. For listing clients, Redfin agents charge 1.5 percent rather than the typical 3 percent of a traditional agent, while providing the full listing service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $300,000 home would save $4,500.
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Las Vegas can now use one-of-a-kind Redfin data and tools previously unavailable to consumers in the Las Vegas area, including:
- Mobile Home Tour Scheduling: Request an in-person home tour with a Redfin agent using the iPhone or iPad app.
- Offer Insights: Publishes real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about their home offers to help homebuyers understand what it takes to win a bidding war in a given neighborhood.
- Deal Room: Helps agents and their clients coordinate and track the tasks that need to be completed to successfully close the home purchase transaction.
- Listing Dashboard: Allows home sellers to track online and in-person traffic to their listing compared with that of nearby comparable homes for sale.
Redfin continues to offer the following online and mobile tools to help Redfin users quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale in Las Vegas:
- Home Value Tool: Enables customers to estimate the value of their home based on up-to-date home sale prices, details and photos used by real estate agents.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when the status or price of a “favorited” home changes.
- Search by School: Shows all homes for sale within the boundaries of a particular school with one easy search. This feature is coming soon.
- Tour Insights: Comments left by Redfin agents about homes they have seen in person.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a technology-powered real estate broker that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves 23 U.S. markets and has closed more than $13 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.
- Real Estate
- Selling Real Estate
- Las Vegas
Rachel Musiker, 206-588-6863