GRAPEVINE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
GameStop (GME) announced today that for the first time since the Sony PlayStation® 4 and Microsoft Xbox One systems launched, new game releases are set to hit store shelves in all U.S. GameStop locations. To add to the excitement, GameStop will be offering exclusive pre-order bonuses.
For the first time since the consoles’ debut, several new games are set to be released over the next 90 days. GameStop is prepped to carry each and every one of these next-generation titles, and will also offer enticing bonuses to customers who pre-order a copy of one of the new games.
“These are the first next-generation games to release since the consoles launched back in November. There is a lot of pent-up demand for new content from gamers,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of merchandising for GameStop. “GameStop’s exclusive pre-order offers make sure our customers are able to purchase the games they want, with the most content, immediately at launch.”
Games available for pre-order:
- Tomb Raider: The Definitive Collection- (PS4/ Xbox One) Available Now - The cinematic action-adventure that forced Lara Croft to grow from an inexperienced young woman into a hardened survivor has been re-built for Xbox One and PS4, featuring an obsessively detailed Lara and a stunning lifelike world.
- LEGO The Movie- (PS4/ Xbox One) Available 2/7 - Step into the world of Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average citizen who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. Pre-order today to receive a GameStop exclusive Emmet LEGO Mini Figure.
- Rayman Legends- (PS4/ Xbox One) Available 2/18 - The critically acclaimed Rayman® Legends is coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 in an upgraded next-generation version featuring Rayman, Globox and the Teensies.
- Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare- (Xbox One) Available 2/18 - Blast zombies, plants and new characters across a mine-blowing world that delivers the depth of a traditional online shooter blended on high with the refreshing humor of Plants vs. Zombies. Pre-Order today to receive two bonus booster packs.
- Thief- (PS4/ Xbox One) Available 2/25 - Garrett, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City where the Baron's Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Pre-order today to receive the bonus mission “The Heist”, the official Thief soundtrack, and the android companion app for free.
- Titanfall- (Xbox One, 360 / PC) Available 3/11 - Crafted by one of the co-creators of Call of Duty and other key developers behind the Call of Duty franchise, Titanfall is an all-new universe juxtaposing small vs. giant, natural vs. industrial and man vs. machine. Pre-order today to receive an exclusive collectible poster.
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes- (PS4/ Xbox One) Available 3/18 - MGSV: GZ gives core fans the opportunity to get a taste of the world-class production's unparalleled visual presentation and gameplay before the release of the main game.
- Infamous: Second Son- (PS4) Available 3/21 – Infamous: Second Son brings you an action adventure game where surrounded by a society that fears them, super-humans, are ruthlessly hunted down and caged by the Department of Unified Protection. Pre-order today to be upgraded to the limited edition version and to receive exclusive in-game vests.
For more information about each game and to pre-order, visit a GameStop store or go to www.GameStop.com.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is the world's largest multichannel video game retailer. GameStop's global retail network and family of brands include 6,488 company-operated stores in 15 countries and online at www.GameStop.com. The network also includes: www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the leading multi-platform video game publication; Spawn Labs, a streaming technology company; a digital PC game distribution platform available at www.GameStop.com/PC; and an online consumer electronics trade-in platform available at www.BuyMyTronics.com.
General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/GameStop.
- Video Games
- Arts & Entertainment
GameStop – Public Relations