SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 12, 2012) - Relive Events is a new mobile app that creates private picture sharing groups where everyone invited can contribute photos or tune-in to view a shared album. Whether it is at a special event or you're just capturing everyday moments, Relive allows friends and family who share an experience to combine their pictures into a single album that can be viewed on the phone, tablet or desktop of the people who care. Relive Events is available now for both iOS and Android.
Despite the plethora of photo apps available today, the problem of easily combining pictures with others participating in the same experience is still difficult. Pictures captured using mobile phones and tablets typically remain locked on the device. If they are shared, it's usually via email or Facebook, but they are rarely preserved and almost never combined together with the pictures taken by other phones or conventional cameras. Relive has developed a simple solution that lets users combine and enjoy pictures from multiple participants easily and privately.
An event can be anything from an hours-long birthday party to a wedding weekend or a multi-day vacation. Setting up a Relive event takes only seconds. Once the event organizer names the event and determines the timeframe, the Relive app guides them through the invitation process which can be sent via email or text. For in-person invitations, participants can join an event simply by scanning a QR code with the convenient in-app scanner. Anyone who accepts the invitation can begin adding pictures -- adding can be automatic or a user can review each one or select a bunch to contribute at one time, even adding filters from other popular photo apps before adding them to the Relive event. Event participants can share comments and "likes" privately with the others in the event and share a link to anyone who can't make it so they can follow along and view photos as they are added. Photos from events can easily be shared to Facebook and Twitter or sent via text or email.
Relive Events is the first photo app to offer a solution that works across the iOS and Android platforms, as well as integration for digital cameras, and doesn't require participants to be Facebook friends.
"We've been working hard to develop an app that we believe solves the frustration so many people, especially parents of young kids, feel when they are at events where multiple people are taking pictures and find that sharing them still isn't easy," said Lars Perkins, co-founder of Relive. "We designed Relive with parents in mind and we think Relive will help them privately share pictures with friends and loved ones without the burden and privacy issues of social networks."
Additional features of Relive Events include:
- Ability to add pictures from digital cameras via the Relive Web Uploader
- Works with other photos apps so you can continue to use your favorites and then add those photos to your Relive event, including Instagram, Camera+ and Hipstamatic
- Events can easily be turned into beautiful printed products
- If you're always the designated photographer, Relive gives you a chance to get out from behind the camera and be in the pictures, too
- An event can have any number of participants
- No limit to the number of photos in an event
- Participants can add pictures after the event has concluded
- If someone can't be there, they can follow along and see the pictures as they are added
- After events are over, the pictures are preserved on the cloud and accessible from anywhere via the web or Relive Events mobile app
The Relive Events App is free and available now in the Apple App Store and on Google Play.
Device requirements for iOS:
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generations) and iPad
- Requires iOS 5 or later
- Optimized for iPhone 5
Device requirements for Android:
- Requires Android 2.1 and up or later
About Relive (We know photos!)
Relive Events is a new, free app that lets you take pictures at an event, combine them with our friends' and share privately. Creating a shared picture album has never been easier. Relive Events is brought to you by members of the founding team of Picasa, the award-winning photo organizing tool now owned by Google. Visit www.letsrelive.com for more information and to download the app or connect with the company on Facebook or on Twitter
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 All rights reserved
- Technology & Electronics