LAS VEGAS, NV and WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Jan 7, 2014) - On January 7, Cisco (
On January 8, Patrick Finn, Cisco's Senior Vice President for the U.S. Public Sector and Wim Elfrink, Executive Vice President for Industry Solutions and Chief Globalization Officer, will host a roundtable discussion on IoE and what it means to federal, state and local government organizations as well as education institutions, citizens and students. He will be joined by leading Cisco IoE experts, as well customers who can definitively talk about how IoE is transforming the way they operate and connect with citizens.
Date: Wednesday, January 8
Time: 1:00-2:30pm EST
Where: Virtual Meeting
- Smithsonian Institute is in the process of digitizing its entire catalog of fossils, paintings, and more so that it can be more easily shared and used by researchers and students.
- City of Barcelona developed the first Virtual Citizen Services Centre in Europe, using video and collaboration technologies to allow citizens to remotely carry out various administrative processes without needing to appear at local offices.
- Virginia Commonwealth University uses IP video and improved forensic investigation to enhance student safety and security.
- Patrick Finn, Senior Vice President for the U.S. Public Sector
- Wim Elfrink, Executive Vice President for Industry Solutions and Chief Globalization Officer
- Dan Kent, Director for U.S. Public Sector
- Joseph Bradley, Managing Director, Cisco Consulting Services, Internet of Everything Practice
As part of the discussion, Cisco will announce the results of a new study that quantifies the value of IoE to public sector organizations of the next 10 years. The bottom-up analysis offers an in-depth look at how public sector organizations can leverage IoE to generate cost savings, new revenues, improved employee productivity and deliver enhanced citizen experience.
IoE is the networked connection of people, process, data and things. The compound impact it is having as "everything" comes online is creating unprecedented opportunities for organizations, individuals, communities and countries to realize dramatically greater value from the increased connectedness.
By enabling new connections between people, processes, data and things, governments and their agencies globally worldwide can save money and generate new revenue, while generating quantifiable benefits for citizens.
Please RSVP to receive the dial-in number for the virtual conference.
RSS Feed for Cisco:
- Senior Vice President
Public Relations manager