Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/682mdz/aggregation) has announced the addition of the "Aggregation Metrics: Consumer Approaches to Insurance Comparison Sites in Italy" report to their offering.
Based on a survey of over 1,000 consumers, Aggregation Metrics: Consumer Approaches to Online Insurance Comparison Sites in Italy offers new insights into the current development and future prospects of insurance aggregators in Italy.
It examines the degree to which Italian consumers research and purchase any kind of insurance online plus the size of the available market for the key products of motor and household insurance, as defined by new customers and switchers; it then analyses the distribution channels and interfaces used for acquiring these policies in Italy, highlighting both the share of aggregators and the share of online sales in general, including indicators for the speed at which these are growing.
Moreover, it investigates the extent to which online insurance buyers in Italy are using tablet computers or mobile phones for this purpose, as opposed to regular laptop or desktop computers, and establishes whether propensity to use aggregators is influenced by age and / or annual household income. In addition, it benchmarks the performance of eight of the leading insurance comparison sites in Italy in terms of awareness levels, conversion rates and sales.
For many analyses, the latest data for 2012 is compared with that from a previous survey undertaken on the same subject in 2008 to show how the environment for insurance aggregators has evolved over time.
- unique data showing whether Italian consumers use one, two, three or up to seven or more websites when researching insurance products;
- standardised figures illustrating distribution channels employed for acquiring motor and household insurance, differentiating between 'available' customers buying for the first time or switching provider and customers simply renewing a policy bought in a previous year;
- similar statistics showing the distribution interfaces used for the same two policy types in Italy with a split between sales in a face-to-face setting, online sales, telephone sales (both inbound and outbound) and postal sales;
- performance benchmarking for eight of the leading aggregators (namely, 6sicuro, assicurazione.it, CercAssicurazioni.it, Chiarezza.it, ComparaFinanza, facile.it, polizzamigliore.it and supermoney) in order to indicate rates of recognition, usage to research insurance and usage to actually buy insurance;
- survey results that outline planned usage of online insurance comparison sites in Italy and how future utilisation is likely to vary between previous users of aggregators and non-users.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/682mdz/aggregation