Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m73z9w/chinas_pc_online) has announced the addition of the "China's PC Online Games Market Report" report to their offering.
China's PC Online Games Market Report is the latest market update with detailed market size, five-year forecast, and analysis of the MMORPG, MMO non-RPG, webgame, and casual and social game segments. The report highlights key trends and actionable insights based on Niko's frequent gamer surveys, interviews, Internet café games usage data and Top Ten games lists. Topics include the surge in demand for webgames and shooter games, a sharp fall-off in demand for casual and social games on the PC (as Chinese gamers embrace the mobile platform to play those games), and analysis of trends such as which segments have peaked and which provide opportunity for foreign and domestic game developers.
China's PC online games market has grown from $10 million in 2001 to more than $9 billion as of the end of 2012, said Lisa Cosmas Hanson, managing partner of Niko Partners. Some industry observers say that because MMORPGs have given way to other genres the market is done. This is definitely not true.
Key takeaways from Niko's China's PC Online Games Market Report include:
- 18-24 year-old males flock to the shooters and other games, even bringing life back to the waning Internet café environment that has been in decline as home PC and broadband penetration climb throughout the country.
- Tencent dominates the MMO non-RPG category and continues to dominate the Chinese PC online games industry.
- Revenue growth rate is slowing annually in the next 5 years, but each year the market will add more than $2 billion in revenue practically rendering the slow down irrelevant.
Key Topics Covered:
About Niko Partners
- Our Focus
- Our Mission And Services
- Our Team
- Our Clients
2013 China Market Research Subscription Deliverables
Glossary Of Terms
Online Games Market Overview
- Important Note On Niko'S Change In Game Segmentation For Our Model
Five-Year Forecast 2013-2017E
- Game Spending Forecast
Online Games Market Trends By Segment
- Massively Multiplayer Online Games (Mmogs)
-- Mmo Non-Rpgs
- Sns / Casual / Weibo
- Game Consoles
Online Game Operators
- Overseas Expansion Efforts
- Highlights Of Selected Publicly Traded Online Game Operators
-- Netdragon Websoft
-- Perfect World
-- Shanda Games
- Trends In Game Licensing
- Netdragon Websoft
- Perfect World
- Shanda Games
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m73z9w/chinas_pc_online
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.