Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tfndqp/intensive_review) has announced the addition of the "Intensive Review of Cardiology" training to their offering.
The Cleveland Clinic recently conducted the 14th Annual Intensive Review of Cardiology Symposium. Benefit from the great lectures and speakers that are captured on high-quality, digital video and audio.
This course is an assessment of the current thinking and management in all of the major cardiovascular disciplines relevant to those cardiologists and cardiology fellows preparing for the Cardiovascular Board Certification and Re-certification Examination. An emphasis is placed on the clinical evaluation and management of the patient encountered in daily practice. The current ACC/AHA guidelines supporting treatment and management recommendations are presented as will treatment controversies and dilemmas.
This activity is directed to practicing cardiologists and cardiology fellows, physician assistants, and advanced practice nurses seeking a comprehensive review of contemporary cardiovascular medicine.
- Summarize the current knowledge of the pathophysiology of acute coronary syndromes.
- Identify the best individualized treatment options for patients with lipid disorders.
- Critically review electrophysiology use, including testing and intracardiac electrograms.
- Interpret both common and complex 12-lead electrocardiograms and analyze subtle, yet clinically important, findings relevant to clinical practice.
- Describe physical attributes of cardiac arrhythmias including ventricular tachyarrhythmias and supraventricular tachycardias.
- Review management issues involved in transplantation and mechanical devices.
- Identify the difference between normal and abnormal angiograms.
- Describe treatment of challenging cases involving peripheral arterial and venous diseases.
- Provide an in-depth review of the most recent research on the pathophysiology of peripheral vascular disease.
- Critically appraise interventional therapy for lower extremity occlusive disease, renovascular disease, carotid disease, and venous disease.
- Discuss safety, efficacy, and indications for current treatment options.
- Critically appraise interventional therapy for both stable and unstable coronary artery disease, including appropriate assessment of stenosis physiology.
- Recognize and appropriately treat the clinical scenarios in cardiovascular medicine used in the examinations for Board Certification in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Define the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of systolic and diastolic heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, myocarditis, and pulmonary hypertension.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 34.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of Original Release: November 1, 2013
Expires: February 29, 2016
CME credit is obtained upon successful completion of an online activity posttest and evaluation, as well as payment of a $30 processing fee.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education has implemented a policy to comply with the current Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Standards for Commercial Support requiring resolution of all faculty conflicts of interest. Faculty declaring a relevant commercial interest will be identified in the activity syllabus.
* Note on formats:
Online: Includes Video stream online, MP4/MP3 discs, PDF syllabus, and CME information.
DVD: Includes DVDs and MP4 discs with carrying case, PDF Syllabus, and CME information.
CD: Includes audio CDs and MP3 disc with carrying case, PDF syllabus, and CME information.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tfndqp/intensive_review
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- Disease & Medical Conditions
- Cleveland Clinic