Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wxn8fc/costa_coffee) has announced the addition of the "Costa Coffee: UK's largest branded coffee shop chain" report to their offering.
The UK coffee shop market continues to expand rapidly. Costa Coffee is by far the largest branded chain in the market, and an important revenue stream for parent company Whitbread. This Case Study uses Porter's Five Forces and Ansoff matrix analyses to examine the competitive pressures faced by Costa, and possible strategies for expansion.
Features and benefits
- Describes topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, this report explains the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
The UK branded coffee shop market has been growing strongly for many years.
Costa is the largest such chain in the UK by store count, ahead of Starbucks and Caffe Nero. Since 1999, the company has expanded into new geographical markets, but remained focused on coffee shops as its core competency rather than reaching into radically different product categories.
Lack of switching costs for consumers strengthens buyer power, threat of new entrants, and level of rivalry in the market.
Your key questions answered
- Which company leads the UK branded coffee shop market?
- How is competitiveness in the market affected by the ease with which customers can switch between coffee shop companies?
- What strategies is Costa using to defend its revenues and profitablity?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wxn8fc/costa_coffee