Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xbnjnh/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Belarus, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights into the insurance industry in Belarus, including:
- The Belarusian insurance industry's growth prospects by insurance segments and categories
- The competitive landscape in the Belarusian insurance industry
- The current trends and drivers of the Belarusian insurance industry
- The challenges facing the Belarusian insurance industry
- The regulatory framework of the Belarusian insurance industry
- Benchmarking section on the Belarusian insurance industry in comparison to other countries in the CIS region
The Republic of Belarus is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe bordered by Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania and Latvia. Due to its geographical location, the country acts as a link between Western Europe, Russia and Asian countries. This, coupled with the high government expenditure through public programs, insurance industry reforms and favorable growth in exports, mainly to Russia, supported growth in the insurance industry during the review period.
The Belarusian insurance industry grew in terms of written premium value from BYR954.1 billion (US$446.6 million) in 2008 to BYR4.3 trillion (US$520.3 million) in 2012, recording a CAGR of 46.0% during the review period (2008- 2012).
- The Belarusian insurance industry is small and developing, with its gross written premium standing at BYR4.3 trillion (US$520.3 million) in 2012. Insurance penetration, measured as gross written premium as a percentage of GDP, stood at 0.82% in 2012
- The industry remained unaffected by the global and European debt crises due to its minimal participation in the global insurance industry
- The industry in Belarus is small and highly concentrated. There were 25 companies operating in the Belarusian insurance industry as at the end of 2012
- The Insurance Supervisory Department, under the Ministry of Finance, is the regulator of the insurance industry in Belarus
- Belarusian GDP at constant prices declined from US$62.2 billion in 2007 to US$31.2 billion in 2011 at a CAGR of 15.9% during the review period.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
5 Non-Life Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
6 Personal Accident and Health Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
7 Belarusian Insurance Industry Overview
8 Industry Segmentation
9 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Economic Indicators
List of Tables
List of Figures
- CJSC Belneftestrakh
- CJSC Promtransinvest
- CJSC Task
- JSC IC Belrosstrah
- JSIC B&B Insurance Co.
- JV Belkoopstrah
- RDUSP Stravita
- SBA CJSIC Midsummer
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xbnjnh/the_insurance
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- insurance industry