Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jz8j8j/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Iceland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The size and importance of the Icelandic economy is relatively small in the Nordic region. However, the country came to prominence during the 2008 financial crisis after its three major commercial banks collapsed and had to be refinanced by the government. This had serious consequences for the Icelandic economy with the per capita disposable income and national currency decelerating sharply. The market capitalization of the Icelandic Stock Market (ICEXI) also declined by 90% during the financial crisis. However, these events did not have a significant impact on the country's insurance industry. The prime reason for this was that the Icelandic insurance industry was dominated by the non-life insurance segment. Growth in non-life insurance is driven by the favorable regulatory framework. The Financial Supervisory Authority (FME) established several provisions relating to compulsory insurance and covers a wide range of categories such as motor and fire insurance.
- It provides historical values for the Icelandic insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and sub-segments in the Icelandic insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Iceland and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Icelandic Insurance Industry Overview
4 Industry Segmentation
5 Competitive Landscape
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
- Guard Life Insurance Ltd
- Líftryggingamiðstöðin hf.
- Sjóvá-Almennar líftryggingar hf. Kt
- Tryggingamiðstöðin hf.
- VIS Insurance Ltd (Vátryggingafélag Íslands hf.)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jz8j8j/the_insurance
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- Icelandic economy
- insurance industry