Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v5tx2n/life) has announced the addition of the "Life Bancassurance in Latin America: Protection-Related Life Insurance" report to their offering.
This report offers uniquely-detailed insights into the distribution by banks and other lending institutions of risk life, critical illness and income protection insurance in six countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
Drawing on the results of a survey of over 300 banking entities, the study verifies that close to half offer at least one of the types of protection-related life insurance researched, giving a total of well over 200 initiatives in the three fields combined. Hence, given that the aggregate market for protection-related life insurance across the eight countries, excluding creditor cover, is worth around USD 16.7 billion, it is clear that banks and other lending institutions can intermediate a significant volume of business in this sector.
In addition to identifying the schemes for distribution of protection-related life insurance through the bancassurance channel, the research also classifies and analyses these according to the operating model used, distinguishing, for example, between captive, joint venture and external underwriters. Furthermore, it also calculates the weighted share of partnerships of the underwriters and other product providers involved, thereby illustrating not only which competitors hold which partnerships but also which competitors hold the most significant distribution deals.
Reasons To Buy
- gain access to a source of information that provides a comprehensive overview of the provision of risk life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection insurance by a majority of significant banking entities in six Latin American countries;
- identify partnership opportunities for protection-related life insurance that may arise either because a banking institution is not currently active or because there is scope for replacing an existing initiative;
- understand which underwriters and other product providers have been successful in establishing distribution relationships with the most important banking entities;
- assess the background to the most significant bancassurance deals, differentiating between those that originate from long-term or strategic objectives and those that are more transient;
- appreciate the magnitude of the opportunity to sell protection-related life insurance through banks and other lending institutions in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v5tx2n/life
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- income protection insurance