Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tvckvd/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The Brazilian insurance industry is the largest in Latin America. The life insurance segment accounted for the largest market share of 56.2% of the industry in 2012 and grew at a CAGR of 20.6% during the review period. Despite this industry expansion, Brazil remains a largely untapped market with 70% of the employed population being uninsured. Growth in the life segment was driven by economic improvements, the growing middle class population, increases in disposable income, a significant increase in demand for deferred annuity products and improving consumer awareness of insurance products.
- The Brazilian insurance industry was the largest in the Latin American region in terms of written premiums during the review period and grew at a CAGR of 15.7%
- The Brazilian life segment grew at a CAGR of 20.6% during the review period
- During the review period, the life segment contributed around 60% of total Latin American life insurance premiums
- However, a major share of this premium was generated by the affluent population; with around 90% of the total population remaining uninsured
- The presence of such a large uninsured population creates opportunities for insurers to expand over the forecast period
- Bradesco Seguros SA
- Brasilprev Seguros e Previdencia SA
- Caixa Seguradora SA
- Cardif do Brasil Seguros
- HSBC Bank Brasil SA
- Icatu Hartford Seguros SA
- Itaú Unibanco Holding SA
- Mapfre Seguros SA
- Zurich Santander Seguros SA
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tvckvd/life_insurance_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.