Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ncn3t4/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The Canadian life insurance segment registered a review-period (2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% despite a prolonged period of low interest rates, rising levels of household debt, the European debt crisis and weak economic development. Growth was partially a consequence of re-pricing and de-risking practices adopted by insurers, which eventually strengthened their capital positions and balance sheets. Growth was compounded by the strong performance of the equity market, low unemployment rates and inflation. These factors are expected to support the growth of the segment over the forecast period (2012-2017). As such, the segment is expected to increase from a value of CAD40.2 billion (US$40.2 billion) in 2012 to CAD49.0 billion (US$47.3 billion) in 2017, at a projected CAGR of 4.1%. Numerous challenges will be faced however, with persistently low interest rates over the early part of the forecast period and regulatory challenges relating to capital and solvency margins being the main issues.
- Provides historical values for the Canadian life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- Offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Canadian life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- Covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- Analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Canada.
- Details the competitive landscape in Canada for the life insurance business.
- Provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Canada and its growth prospects.
- Profiles the top life insurance companies in Canada and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Canadian life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Canadian life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Canadian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
5 Canadian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Canadian Life Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
- BMO Life Insurance Company
- Co-operators Life Insurance Company
- Manulife Financial Corporation
- RBC Life Insurance Company
- Sun Life Financial Inc.
- The Empire Life Insurance Company
- The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada
- The Great-West Life Assurance Company
- The Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada
- Transamerica Life Canada
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ncn3t4/life_insurance_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.
- Singapore International News