Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q56864/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The French life insurance segment accounted for 65.5% of the industry's gross written premium in 2012. During the review period, turbulent financial and economic conditions adversely affected the segment's performance. The segment posted a CAGR of 0.9%, with gross written premium expanding from EUR122.4 billion (US$180.0 billion) in 2008 to EUR127.0 billion (US$163.4 billion) in 2012.
The segment's penetration rate remained stable at 6.3% in 2012. Pension products were the leading French review-period life insurance product category. Pension policies accounted for 82.3% of the segment's premiums in 2012. Bancassurance dominated the life insurance distribution network. The channel accounted for an average share of 60.6% of the total review-period life insurance commission paid.
- The French life segment's industry share increased during the review period from 65.5% in 2008 to 65.7% in 2012
- Reform introduced in the Insurance Code of France by the Ministry of Economy and Finance will allow insurance companies to lend directly to non-listed companies, such as small and medium size enterprise (SME), which will have positive impact on diversification of investment income
- In order to diversify risk and attain faster growth, French insurers are going for mergers and acquisitions in overseas markets. French insurers are focusing of emerging markets such as Africa for growth and expansion of business
- France has one of the fastest-aging populations in the EU, which will create growth opportunities for the life segment over the forecast period
- France's life insurance segment is highly concentrated with the ten leading insurers accounting for 86.1% of the segment's total gross written premium in 2012
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance Segment
5 French Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - French Life Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Regulatory Policies
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
List of Tables
List of Figures
CNP Assurances SA
Groupe Crédit Agricole Assurance
BNP Paribas Cardif
Generali France SA
Societe Generale Insurance
Allianz France SA
Covéa Mutual Insurance Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q56864/life_insurance_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.