Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wr3ltv/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The South African insurance industry is the largest in Africa, and the country's life insurance segment accounted for 80.0% of the continent's total gross written premium for life insurance in 2012. Growth in the South African life segment can be attributed to stable GDP growth, rising disposable incomes of the middle-class population, the rapid expansion of financial services in rural areas, and increased awareness of life insurance products. High crime rates and levels of HIV, along with the development of microinsurance, supplemented the life segment's growth.
- The South African life segment's gross written premium grew at a review-period CAGR of 5.3%.
- The number of polices sold through linked business increased from 26.0 million in 2009 to 29.5 million in 2013, at a CAGR of 3.3% during the review period.
- Demand in the life segment is expected to continue over the forecast period with the help of high awareness of the needs and benefits of insurance, and the rising disposable incomes of younger people.
- In 2013, brokers generated 54.2% of the gross written premium from new business in the life segment.
- The South African life segment is highly concentrated among 10 large companies, which accounted for 75.8% of the segment in terms of total gross written premium in 2012.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
5 South African Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - South African Life Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Old Mutual
- Momentum Group
- Liberty Group
- Coronation Life
- Investment Solutions
- Metropolitan Life
- Alexander Forbes
- Allan Gray Life
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wr3ltv/life_insurance_in