Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z3tzxw/nonlife) has announced the addition of the "Non-Life Insurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The Singaporean non-life insurance segment registered a CAGR at 11.7% during the review period. The growth was driven by strong demand in offshore markets, rising passenger car sales in the domestic market, expanding construction activity and sustained economic development. Significant public spending on infrastructure development also contributed to the growth.
Since 2009, the Singaporean government has spent approximately SGD15 billion annually towards the development of physical infrastructure, which has had both direct and indirect impacts on the country's financial sector, including insurance.
However, the growth moderated in 2012 as a result of a decrease in reinsurance underwriting activity after natural disasters in the Asia-Pacific region in 2011. The positive economic trend, favorable regulatory framework, continuous public spending on infrastructure development and healthy offshore business are likely to drive the non-life segment over the forecast period.
- The Singaporean non-life insurance segment registered a CAGR at 11.7% during the review period
- Offshore business remains healthy
- Infrastructure financing continues to be one of the major contributors to the country's financial markets.
- The Singaporean insurance industry is supervised and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), and rules and regulations governing the Singaporean insurance industry are stipulated in the Insurance Act of Singapore
- The Singaporean non-life insurance segment is moderately concentrated, with the 10 leading companies collectively accounting for 64.1% of the total segment's written premiums in 2011
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Singaporean Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
5 Analysis by Distribution Channels
6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Singaporean Non-Life Insurance
7 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
8 Governance, Risk and Compliance
9 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
10 Business Environment and Country Risk
List of Tables
List of Figures
Lloyd's Asia Scheme
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z3tzxw/nonlife
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies